MDdN Teams so far

Edited Date/Time 9/6/2014 9:16am
The 2014 Motocross of Nations is just five weeks away on September 28 at the Kegums circuit in Latvia. Check out what MotoXAddicts knows about the teams selected so far below.

Check out some of the teams already selected below.

Team Belgium

Julien Lieber (MX2)

Jeremy Van Horebeek (MXGP)

Kevin Strijbos (Open)

Team USA

Jeremy Martin (MX2)

Ryan Dungey (MXGP)

Eli Tomac (Open)

Team Germany

Marcus Schiffer (MX2)

Max Nagl (MXGP)

Dennis Ullrich (Open)

Team Sweden

Eddie Hjortmarker (MX2)

Filip Bengtsson (MXGP)

Fredrik Noren (Open)

Team Italy*We now hear Philippaerts is injured. We hear Cairilo will ride MXGP, Lupino MX2 and Guaneri on Open.

Antonio Cairoli (MX2)

Davide Guaneri (MXGP)

David Philippaerts (Open)

Team Australia

Dean Ferris (MX2)

Chad Reed (MXGP)

Matt Moss (Open)

Team France

Dylan Ferrandis (MX2)

Gautier Paulin (MXGP)

Steven Frossard (Open)

Team Switzerland

Jeremy Seewer (MX2)

Valentin Guillod (MXGP)

Arnaud Tonus (Open)

Team Portugal

Paulo Alberto (MX2)

Rui Goncalves (MXGP)

Hugo Basaula (Open)

Team Great Britain

Tommy Searle (MX2)

Shaun Simpson (MXGP)

Dean Wilson (Open)

Team Ireland

Martin Barr (MX2)

Grame Irwin (MXGP)

Stuart Edmonds (Open)

Team Denmark

Thomas Kjer Olsen

Nikolaj Larsen

Stefan Kjer Olsen

Team New Zealand

Hamish Harwood (MX2)

Hamish Dobbyn (MXGP)

Scott Columb (Open)

Team Japan

Akira Narita

Takashi Katsuya

Yoshitaka Atsuta

Team Canada

Facciotti (MXGP)

Medaglia (OPEN)

Benoit (MX2)

Team Spain

Zaragoza (MX2)

Butron (MX1)

A.Valentin (Open)

From motoxaddicts.
http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2014/08/20/2014-motocross-of-nations-teams-…
|
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
8/21/2014 3:34pm
I think Team Australia is going to have a great finish.

Would be great to see them get on the box.
8/21/2014 3:54pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
I think Team Australia is going to have a great finish.

Would be great to see them get on the box.
+1
SKlein
8/21/2014 3:59pm
I gotta say this team is looking solid. Tomac takes home the best setup award, bike/outfit are kickass!
8/21/2014 4:01pm
Canada:
Facciotti (MXGP)
Medaglia (OPEN)
Benoit (MX2)

How could they forget canada on that list lol

i think canada will finish within top 10 this year.

The Shop

mmcmx
8/21/2014 4:05pm
Spain:
Zaragoza (MX2)
Butron (MX1)
A.Valentin (Open)
plowboy
8/21/2014 4:08pm
Some strong comp for USA.
lestat
8/21/2014 4:26pm
Moto Drive des Nations ?
motomike137
8/21/2014 4:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2014 4:50pm
SKlein wrote:
I gotta say this team is looking solid. Tomac takes home the best setup award, bike/outfit are kickass!
Awesome team... superpumped for JMart! The kid had such a rough start to the year and now look at him representing us at the Des Nations! I think he will do well.

edit: Dungey's butt patch is cool and look at that sky.
8/21/2014 4:59pm
Between stupid selections and injuries, those European teams are depleted.
8/21/2014 5:10pm
Dart Board wrote:
Not all of them. GB and Aus are as solid as they could be and could potentially challenge the Americans, IMO.
es337
8/21/2014 5:11pm
it would be sick if ktm used white rims and honda used red rims to match the yamaha's blue rims
8/21/2014 5:16pm
Dart Board wrote:
Not all of them. GB and Aus are as solid as they could be and could potentially challenge the Americans, IMO.
Chad reed, tommy searle, and dean Wilson aren't showing much right now.
8/21/2014 5:22pm
Dart Board wrote:
Hmm i dont think so
8/21/2014 5:25pm
Dart Board wrote:
Chad reed, tommy searle, and dean Wilson aren't showing much right now.
True, but those guys don't need to go out and win. Just consistent rides, which they are more than capable of. A little bad luck from one of the US guys wouldn't hurt either Wink

You never know what can happen, but all I'm saying is those two teams look like the only two that could potentially beat the US, however unlikely.
Mickolobe7
8/21/2014 8:11pm
I hoping team USA throws in down and gets our #1 spot back. The team looks pretty solid. If Dungy rides the way he has been I think we have a good chance Eli too improved big time this year and Martin has proved himself. They are going to kill it!
lestat
8/21/2014 8:36pm
Dart Board wrote:
Hmm i dont think so
Especially if it rains . Cause Euros cant ride mud .... right ?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
8/21/2014 9:03pm
That's a SOLID US team. I like US as the favorites followed by the Belgians then team Aussie.
Olson
8/21/2014 9:20pm
Team USA will win this but I like the team Switzerland has got, I also think Team GB will podium.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
8/21/2014 9:25pm
Hard to to past team U.S.A this year.

If Metty, Reed and Ferris are all on point Australia will be a very strong chance for the second step of the podium and maybe can push the U.S for the win.

Ferris V Martin on a European track could go either way.

At this point in time you have to give Dungey the win in a heads up battle with Reed, but we know you can never count out Reed.

Same with Tomac over Metty right now, but the track being Sand based might tighten that contest up a little.

Obviously I am super biased and will be cheering for the Aussie win.

But on paper hard to go past team U.S.A in 2014.
Monte122
8/21/2014 9:40pm
Solid team, good to see JM there, when was the last time the US team had a 250 Yamaha rider?
dirtnapper
8/21/2014 11:05pm
I must not have been following any MXdN threads, but why aren't Roczen, Musquin, and Pourcel riding?? Just not selected or declined to go? Huh

Oh, I see Deano is riding for GB again, thought maybe he'd try to get on Team PR this year.............Pinch
ocscottie
8/22/2014 12:28am
dirtnapper wrote:
I must not have been following any MXdN threads, but why aren't Roczen, Musquin, and Pourcel riding?? Just not selected or declined to go? :huh: Oh...
I must not have been following any MXdN threads, but why aren't Roczen, Musquin, and Pourcel riding?? Just not selected or declined to go? Huh

Oh, I see Deano is riding for GB again, thought maybe he'd try to get on Team PR this year.............Pinch
Musquin / Pourcel were not picked for France. I believe Kenny either has some visa problems, or is just choosing not to go so he can take time to get adjusted to new team??? not really sure on that one.
TDeath21
8/22/2014 12:32am
Team USA are definitely the favorites, but people shouldn't be so fast to hand them the trophy. Great Britain will be tough, Australia has the potential to be tough, and Belgium can never be counted out. I hate seeing so many riders out of it. You can argue that 3 of the top 5 riders in the world aren't going to be there. Add onto that France's blunder of leaving Musquin off and Team USA's chances keep improving. Cairoli is back to the big bike? I'd rather see that anyway honestly. He's probably going to go 1-1 again if I were to guess.
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
8/22/2014 12:44am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2014 12:45am
dirtnapper wrote:
I must not have been following any MXdN threads, but why aren't Roczen, Musquin, and Pourcel riding?? Just not selected or declined to go? :huh: Oh...

ocscottie wrote:
Musquin / Pourcel were not picked for France. I believe Kenny either has some visa problems, or is just choosing not to go so he can...
Musquin / Pourcel were not picked for France. I believe Kenny either has some visa problems, or is just choosing not to go so he can take time to get adjusted to new team??? not really sure on that one.
In his statement here in Germany about not riding the MXoN KRoc mentioned that the visa problems are the main reason for not racing. It would be possible that he would not be allowed to come back to the US anytime soon if he leaves for the MXoN at the end of september. Sucks big time for team Germany.
keinz
8/22/2014 1:39am
Team Estonia:

Tanel Leok

Gert Krestinov

Harri Kullas
8/22/2014 1:53am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2014 1:55am
OZ, BRITS, USA

Strongest teams in my opinion....no particular order

Although Kegums can easily throw up surprises due to the terrain, the weather may make this very interesting, I believe this is the best GB team in a long time and am seriously expecting a very good result - prepare for an upset? maybe.
mmcmx
8/22/2014 1:54am
Team Belgium was the strongest until Desalle got hurt. But with Lieber they still have a shot at it
jock
Fantasy
1st
8/22/2014 2:02am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2014 2:04am
TDeath21 wrote:
Team USA are definitely the favorites, but people shouldn't be so fast to hand them the trophy. Great Britain will be tough, Australia has the potential...
Team USA are definitely the favorites, but people shouldn't be so fast to hand them the trophy. Great Britain will be tough, Australia has the potential to be tough, and Belgium can never be counted out. I hate seeing so many riders out of it. You can argue that 3 of the top 5 riders in the world aren't going to be there. Add onto that France's blunder of leaving Musquin off and Team USA's chances keep improving. Cairoli is back to the big bike? I'd rather see that anyway honestly. He's probably going to go 1-1 again if I were to guess.
Cairoli back on the big bike?
RV just took his shirt off, told Kawi to get a bike ready, and let the beat down begin early. WoohooLaughing

Really hoping the Aussie's do well.

Post a reply to: MDdN Teams so far

The Latest