MCR can't conquer Canada!

bh84
Fantasy
1830th
Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 10:05pm
Fatyotes and Benoit 2014 MX1 and MX2 champs!

Now I'm not gonna be a dick and say "suck it America we're better" but I AM gonna say Suck it to Tony and Jeff Alessi as well as Vince Friese. Oh and I'm so sorry Mike that you have to be associated with those clowns
|
davistld01
8/17/2014 5:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2014 5:10pm
IMO, Mike Alessi might have been able to...but he'll never rise to his potential as long as he's in the circle he's in now. He needs to seriously consider starting his own team WITHOUT his family being a part of it. I don't believe Mike is so blind or so stupid not to see what everyone else does.
turbotime
8/17/2014 5:11pm
You are correct. He didn't get it done.

IMO, Alessi is by far the fastest rider Canadian soil has ever seen.
Grizz
8/17/2014 5:17pm
turbotime wrote:

Ehhhh did you see James Stewart at Toronto this year? Grinning
KlootZak
8/17/2014 5:18pm
Hopefully they sold at least a lot of hot tub covers

The Shop

Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
8/17/2014 5:19pm
Mike showed a lot of speed and was usually the fastest on the track. When Mike has some bike issues or what not. Colt was right there and kept it consistent. Didn't win the title, but Mike had a great season and shouldn't be ashamed.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
8/17/2014 5:26pm
bh84 wrote:
Fatyotes and Benoit 2014 MX1 and MX2 champs! Now I'm not gonna be a dick and say "suck it America we're better" but I AM gonna...

Now I'm not gonna be a dick and say "suck it America we're better" but I AM gonna say Suck it to Tony and Jeff Alessi as well as Vince Friese. Oh and I'm so sorry Mike that you have to be associated with those clowns
Fatyotes?
8/17/2014 5:30pm
bh84 wrote:
Fatyotes and Benoit 2014 MX1 and MX2 champs! Now I'm not gonna be a dick and say "suck it America we're better" but I AM gonna...

Cool story. Whistling
8/17/2014 5:30pm
bh84 wrote:

Ramrod wrote:
Fatyotes?
You havent been watching canadian mx for a while have you -_-

Its his nickname! haha
bobby397
8/17/2014 5:36pm
turbotime wrote:

Metcalfe was/is on par with Alessi, hell, he even got a title in Canada
8/17/2014 5:39pm
turbotime wrote:

bobby397 wrote:
Fatyotes was out with an injury

But thats none of my business Wink
bobby397
8/17/2014 5:40pm
turbotime wrote:

bobby397 wrote:
Fatyotes was out with an injury

But thats none of my business Wink
Georke?
turbotime
8/17/2014 5:41pm
turbotime wrote:

bobby397 wrote:
Colton was beating Metcalfe by 20 seconds a moto last year before he getting injured. Metcalfe got really lucky with the way things played out.

Alessi not so much.
8/17/2014 5:48pm
Excellent marketing strategy by Motoconcepts.

"Ok guys, finishing second in the AMA nationals brought no new sponsors... I believe if we go to Canada and compete in their championship, this will result in more recognition and in turn more sponsors".

Press Release:
Motoconcepts and Mike Alessi taking over the world one series at a time. Mike has shown that he can not only finish runner up in the USA AMA series of motocross, but also the Canadian series where he has just finished runner up to Canada's Colten Facciotti for 2014. Motoconcepts plans on traveling to New Zealand next for their national series where they plan on finishing second to Ben Townley.

In all seriousness I don't get it. Genova is just that rich that he can adopt a family that seemingly scares sponsorship dollars away. Pay for them to do what ever they want, when ever they want. Receives nothing in return. Yet has no real plans to make his race team into a profitable venture. It obviously works for both Genova and the Alessi's. But financially how is this viable?
turbotime
8/17/2014 5:59pm
In all seriousness I don't get it. Genova is just that rich that he can adopt a family that seemingly scares sponsorship dollars away. Pay for them to do what ever they want, when ever they want. Receives nothing in return. Yet has no real plans to make his race team into a profitable venture. It obviously works for both Genova and the Alessi's. But financially how is this viable?

You don't know the numbers. Don't pretend to. Genova might be spending millions going racing, but he's likely receiving more sponsorship money than he's spending. A lot of ways to cook the books.
8/17/2014 6:04pm
Most people like Mike and think he is a good person and great rider. That said Mike has always allowed Tony to dictate his career. Since he is good with those decisions then he shares the blame. He is a grown ass man not a child who needs to obey his "parents". Tony said "they" will never race the USA Pro Nationals again. Time to stop giving Mike any credit based on his lack of independent thinking.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
8/17/2014 6:07pm
bh84 wrote:

Ramrod wrote:
Fatyotes?
You havent been watching canadian mx for a while have you -_-

Its his nickname! haha
No shit? I follow it for sure and have seen him called "yotes" but didn't get it. Now I get it.

Hey, I'm pumped for him to race the whole series without getting run over and injured or getting concussed. Good for GDR team also!
Kyle978
8/17/2014 6:07pm
bh84 wrote:

Post is irrelevant due to the fact you ride quads.
ChrisB10
8/17/2014 6:08pm
bh84 wrote:

You wouldn't be able to say suck it America we're better unless Colt won the Lucas Oil Pro MX Championship. Mike was definitely the fastest guy all year but he couldn't put together a whole season. Congrats to Colt45.
8/17/2014 6:11pm
turbotime wrote:
[quote]In all seriousness I don't get it. Genova is just that rich that he can adopt a family that seemingly scares sponsorship dollars away. Pay for...

You don't know the numbers. Don't pretend to. Genova might be spending millions going racing, but he's likely receiving more sponsorship money than he's spending. A lot of ways to cook the books.
Your right, I don't know the numbers. (I actually never said I did. I asked how it was viable)? But from what he has said in interviews, also what has been repeated from other team owners in conversations with Genova. Add in having an ok idea of what sponsor's are actually paying the team money. Combine that with the amount of teams making a negative that have had more outside money coming in, It just doesn't add up.

There are teams with real manufacturer money, title sponsors etc that are in the red.

Good on him if I am wrong. But the only way the operation seems feasible from the outside looking in, is tax write off.
TeamGreen
8/17/2014 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2014 6:19pm
All I'm noticing is that we're walking about Canada's MX series A LOT MORE than we have previously.

I'm stoked that they're going to the MXoN w/ a solid team, too.
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
8/17/2014 6:40pm
Mike was awesome this year. Was very fast, never gave up and was very good with the fans and media. Definition of a class act. Some bad luck and a couple minor mistakes kept him from winning the title, but he's got nothing to be ashamed of. It was an honor to have him up here, and hopefully he'll be back next season.
malachi177
8/17/2014 6:51pm
kevin204 wrote:
Mike was awesome this year. Was very fast, never gave up and was very good with the fans and media. Definition of a class act. Some...
Mike was awesome this year. Was very fast, never gave up and was very good with the fans and media. Definition of a class act. Some bad luck and a couple minor mistakes kept him from winning the title, but he's got nothing to be ashamed of. It was an honor to have him up here, and hopefully he'll be back next season.
x2!!....but minus Friese Pinch
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
8/17/2014 7:06pm
kevin204 wrote:
Mike was awesome this year. Was very fast, never gave up and was very good with the fans and media. Definition of a class act. Some...
Well said!

Mike was awesome to watch moto. The way Facciotti was riding this year the storyline could have been a snore if Alessi didn't come up.
Drtbykr
8/17/2014 7:36pm
Mike Alessi was flying around the `Glade with Colt styling right behind him. It was interesting to watch the lanky rider versus shorter rider techniques. I`ve seen a lot of American riders up here, and would have to agree, MA seemed to be the fastest yet. It was a thrill to watch him ride. Jeff, he is a million times better than me, but being a pro mxer isn`t my job. His anchor was dropped. He did seem friendly to the fans however.

Hope Colt gets some opportunity out of this, but with his beautiful former mx racing prego wife, might put his feet up 4 a bit.

Congratulations to Colton Facciotti (and orange in the 250`s, usually smoking ones)
TDeath21
8/17/2014 7:38pm
I'm so glad he didn't win up there. Congrats to Colton.
JA946
8/17/2014 7:44pm
bh84 wrote:

Post a reply to: MCR can't conquer Canada!

The Latest