Luke Renzland to CycleTrader.com/Rock River Yamaha

GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
8/5/2014 8:58am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2014 7:18am
Johnson Creek, WI (August 5, 2014) – CycleTrader.com/Rock River Yamaha is proud to announce the addition of Luke Renzland to their team. The 19-year-old New Jersey native capped off his amateur career this past week with a solid performance at the 2014 Amateur National Championships at Loretta Lynn’s Ranch. He took home the 450 A Class title with 3-1-1 finishes, and went 4-2-2 for 2nd overall in 250 A Class. A long time Yamaha supported rider, Renzland was a part of the Horton Racing/Cycle Trader Rock River Yamaha amateur program in 2014. With three rounds remaining in the 2014 Lucas Oil/AMA Pro National series, Renzland will make his professional debut in the 250 Class at Unadilla this Saturday, August 9. We are excited to have him on board with our team, and look forward to seeing him on the gate!

Welcome to the team, Luke! You had a great week at Loretta’s! Tell us about your days at the Ranch this year. Did things go as planned for you? Yeah, the week at Loretta’s went great. You know, I started off with a lot of confidence coming into the week, especially with getting to run the #1 plate in the 450 A Class. The week started off a little rough with a couple bad starts, having to crawl my way through the pack the first two motos of the week. But I figured that out fairly quickly, we made a few adjustments, and I came out with a lot better starts the next four motos. I ended up coming away with the championship in 450 A and took 2nd in 250 A.

With such a long week isolated at the track, how do you stay focused on racing and not get distracted by everything else going on? You know, my family has always made it clear to me that Loretta’s is a big deal. It costs a lot of money to just to go and my whole family supports me down there. There’s no reason to be throwing it away by hanging out in the creek and all that stuff, blowing all your energy before the races. I just hang out under my tent, back at the camper with my family. Just staying cool and hydrated, and keeping focus on what I’m there to do.

Your Dreamland compound in Florida has been well-documented over the last couple years, and it looks unreal. What is it like having such an incredible facility to do your training at?
Living at Dreamland is awesome. It’s literally a dream come true to have my own facility and track to get all of my training done. Jason Baker from Dream Traxx did an awesome job building the place, and it’s one of the best tracks for training. It gets rough, and rutted, and bumpy, but it also has the huge jumps, as everyone has seen on all of the videos, to get in some fun while you’re doing long motos. It’s been a great place to get prepared for Loretta’s and the Nationals, with all the different types of terrain and I have Mike down there as my riding partner. We stay focused and get our work done, while having a lot of fun as well.

What are your expectations going into your professional debut at Unadilla?
Coming into Unadilla, my main focus is to take all of the pressure off of myself and have fun, enjoy my pro debut at my home track up here. I know that I have a lot of fans coming from my hometown, and all my family is going to be there. I’m really excited to have my debut at such a personally special and legendary track. But yeah, like I said, I just want to keep the pressure off and my goal as far as results go [is] top 15 in both motos. But I’m not putting too much into that; I just want to be strong and consistent and finish both motos, and build experience for Indiana and Utah.

Be sure to follow CycleTrader.com/Rock River Yamaha on Instagram @cycletraderrockriver, as well as Luke’s personal account @lukerenzland43.

CycleTrader.com/Rock River Yamaha would like to thank: CycleTrader.com, Rock River Powersports, Yamaha Motor USA, DX1, Yamalube, GYTR, K&N Filters, FMF Racing, JGR MX Shop, Matrix Concepts, Fly Racing & WPS, Arc Levers, Technical Touch USA & X-Trig, Bell Powersports, Vertex, The Factory Metal Works, Guts Racing, Dunlop, Renegade Fuels, EVS Sports, Dubya USA, Streamline Brakes, Hammerhead Designs, Pivot Works, X Brand Goggles, Cycra, Hot Rods, CV4, Works Connection, Vortex, Odi, Throttle Threads.

|
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2836th
8/5/2014 9:04am
That's great for him.

I heard he was very fast and fun to watch at Loretta's.
Sully22
8/5/2014 9:27am
does rock river receive the same factory Yamaha equipment as star and valli?
DownSouth
8/5/2014 9:29am
How do the amateur rules work that Renzland won the 450A title last year and then came back and won it again this year? If a rider does not do any AMA pro MX/SX can they keep racing A indefinitely?

I am not being critical of him just wondering about this since most guys who win A or pro sport titles at LL's go straight to the pro ranks.
DownSouth
8/5/2014 9:35am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2014 9:36am
Sully22 wrote:
does rock river receive the same factory Yamaha equipment as star and valli?
No factory equipment. Rock River uses JGR to mod their motors and suspension

Ben Lamay bike feature from Dirt Rider

“We use JGR suspension and motors here at Rock River Yamaha. We work closely with the east coast based team. JGR will do all the motors at their shop in North Carolina and ship it back to us ready to go. We carry one spare motor with us to all the races just in case there are any malfunctions. Our motors are similar to the JGR team, except transmissions, we run stock transmissions. We usually swap out for fresh motors every third race. Johnny Oler from JGR does our suspension and he has a really good spec for Ben right now in Supercross. Since we started the series we haven’t changed valving on the SSS suspension, only clicker adjustments”.

The Shop

dboivin
8/5/2014 10:19am
DownSouth wrote:
How do the amateur rules work that Renzland won the 450A title last year and then came back and won it again this year? If a...
How do the amateur rules work that Renzland won the 450A title last year and then came back and won it again this year? If a rider does not do any AMA pro MX/SX can they keep racing A indefinitely?

I am not being critical of him just wondering about this since most guys who win A or pro sport titles at LL's go straight to the pro ranks.
if an A rider does not score pro points. ...they can race it indefinitely. if he has points, must ride pro-sport. someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

can have pro-card and race A class as long as he has not scored pro-points (top 20 finish).
Premix4Life
Fantasy
1304th
8/5/2014 10:21am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2014 10:23am
Sorry guys, been out of the loop for some time....
same Renzland from Englishtown with the massive hauler?

disregard; after spending another 3 seconds to read the post i've answered my own question.
nicksonfirst
8/5/2014 11:30am
Unadilla usually does an area qualifier and if they don't, they hold a youth regional. I'm sure at some point or another Luke has spun some laps on the track.
8/5/2014 1:24pm
Luke is a great kid and I was lucky enough to get to know him a bit this year. After his 450A title last year, he was ready to go pro after LL, the phone never really rang. Many people thought it was a bit of a fluke thing with the race being a mudder last year. Glad to see him pick up something and hope to see him grab a good ride for next year. Kid works his butt off and deserves it.
KTMShane699
8/5/2014 1:30pm
Unadilla usually does an area qualifier and if they don't, they hold a youth regional. I'm sure at some point or another Luke has spun some...
Unadilla usually does an area qualifier and if they don't, they hold a youth regional. I'm sure at some point or another Luke has spun some laps on the track.
You're correct that they do qualifiers at Unadilla. However, I believe they use the "amateur" track and not the pro track. The only time the pro track gets use is when the national comes around. So while he's ridden "Unadilla," he most likely hasn't really ridden Unadilla.

Shane
Huckster
8/5/2014 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2014 1:39pm
Unadilla usually does an area qualifier and if they don't, they hold a youth regional. I'm sure at some point or another Luke has spun some...
You're correct that they do qualifiers at Unadilla. However, I believe they use the "amateur" track and not the pro track. The only time the pro...
You're correct that they do qualifiers at Unadilla. However, I believe they use the "amateur" track and not the pro track. The only time the pro track gets use is when the national comes around. So while he's ridden "Unadilla," he most likely hasn't really ridden Unadilla.

Shane
Unless he rode the Unadilla "rewind" vintage event which was on the National track or he was old enough to ride it when they did host the AM events on the actual national track which I doubt.

I wish him luck and hope he kills it.....
Matt Wozney
8/5/2014 1:58pm
Luke has raced the pro track before (LL amateur regional qualifier when they ran it on the pro track back in 2010/2011 maybe?) and I remember that he did very well on it, too. This is more of a home national for him as well.

Seen him since he was on the 65s back in ole D34 southeastern NY days at tracks like Walden and others. Will be really cool to see him mix it up out there this weekend.
jleews6
8/5/2014 2:06pm
Sorry guys, been out of the loop for some time.... same Renzland from Englishtown with the massive hauler? disregard; after spending another 3 seconds to read...
Sorry guys, been out of the loop for some time....
same Renzland from Englishtown with the massive hauler?

disregard; after spending another 3 seconds to read the post i've answered my own question.
I know he does have a big hauler. Im glad to see him get a ride. The kid is a great rider and gets it done on the track and is a clean rider. No need to ride dirty when your good and this kid is good. Good luck this weekend kid.
stewie94
8/5/2014 6:46pm
thats awesome CoolSmile cant wait to see him mix it up
dgmx
8/6/2014 7:18am
we ( nj) def claim renzland, good family, fun people, hope he kills it

Post a reply to: Luke Renzland to CycleTrader.com/Rock River Yamaha

The Latest