Lovers/Haters-why?

Related:
Create New Tag

loftyair

Vital MX member loftyair
15882 loftyair http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/15882/avatar/c50_109192760_1246654999.jpg?1294191424 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/loftyair,15882/all 07/03/09 1 44 1269 179

Posts: 1313

Joined: 7/3/2009

Location: riverside, CA USA

8/18/2012 8:25 PM

I can understand the nut-hugging or squashing of things, but I would like to know why you feel that way? Lots of love or hate on 4-stroke vs. 2 stroke, A little bit against or for the AMA, Davey, tv package, other vital members, and so on. For example, OC, why so much man-love for the german boy? I like him too, just wondering why you hug him so tight! Not picking on you, I want to hear from others why they love or hate so much on things. Or your opinion on why you think others might love or hate so much.

S.Loyer

Vital MX member S.Loyer
31920 S.Loyer http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/31920/avatar/c50_HatB_Burns_as_manager_1452870973.jpg?1452870413 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/S-Loyer,31920/all 01/04/12 107 1360 1 1

Posts: 1467

Joined: 1/4/2012

Location: Palmer, AK USA

8/18/2012 9:45 PM

Cause that what being a fan is about.
Pride in your riders, favorites when it comes to bikes, views on the sport.

ocscottie

Vital MX member ocscottie
405 ocscottie http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/405/avatar/c50_OCNewGLO2_1424576386.jpg?1424575598 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/ocscottie,405/all 08/16/06 12038 188 195 2809 1666 52024 1 788 57

Posts: 53690

Joined: 8/16/2006

Location: Redding, CA USA

Administrator

8/18/2012 10:27 PM

using words like "man hug" and "love him so tight" I dont even know why i should even bother responding....you should maybe single out some "fantards" whos riders can do NO WRONG in their eyes, and even go to the lengths of putting down other riders to try and make "their guy" look better, something you will NEVER see me do. it actually disgusts me the lengths some of these guys will go.

There is actually a TON of riders i root for...and do you ever see me jumping into every single Roczen thread defending him? nope, and i wouldnt waste my time, not my style.

There are a LOT of riders i fully dig, but obviously Kenny just so happens to be at the top of my list. But if you paid any attention at all, you would see that i root for many riders. As far as Kenny, David Bulmer got me into him back in 09 or '10 and i became a huge fan, he is such a genuine kid with a rad personality, who also just happens to be amazingly talented riding a dirtbike. Take a browse of my Bench Racing Discussion threads sometime and you will clearly see that there is many (if not ALL) riders i root for, and want to do well, in the end, i am a "race fan" ...period. There is a BIG difference between a "race fan" and a "fanboy" ..and we have way to many of the latter here.

Watch these 2 vids, they show a little more of Kenny away from the track, and partly why i am such a fan.

At Home With Ken Roczen


A Day in the Life of Ken Roczen


Then there is also that RedBull connection, he loves them almost as much as i do

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie

WhipMeister

Vital MX member WhipMeister
245 WhipMeister http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/245/avatar/c50_jrbAvatar_1376008754.jpg?1376007927 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/WhipMeister,245/all 08/15/06 1 15 120 326 4452 1 2

Posts: 4778

Joined: 8/15/2006

Location: Big D, TX USA

8/18/2012 10:30 PM

Yer kinda new around here, aren't ye?

wildbill

Vital MX member wildbill
251 wildbill http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/251/avatar/c50_gp3_1.1.jpg?1330817289 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/wildbill,251/all 08/15/06 12 4 139 3127 79

Posts: 3266

Joined: 8/15/2006

Location: Christmas Valley, OR USA

8/18/2012 10:37 PM

This kind of reasoning has been called by various names, including binary thinking, dichotomous thinking, absolutist or categorical thinking, and light-switch thinking. Too much complexity overwhelms us.

JackLHyde

Vital MX member JackLHyde
694 JackLHyde http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/694/avatar/c50_109774980_1246945663.jpg?1294177933 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/JackLHyde,694/all 09/10/06 2 16 660 6

Posts: 676

Joined: 9/10/2006

Location: Nice Oak, DEU

8/18/2012 11:21 PM

The most obvious I have learned in all these years that I love motocross, is that most people involved are actually really dumb. Some you could call naive, but it's hard finding someone who has open mind.

FastEddy

Vital MX member FastEddy
11435 FastEddy http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/11435/avatar/c50_american_flag_skull_on_steel_mesh_graphic_round_sticker_r589ab6c7242046898c799db136c23e8f_v9wth_8byvr_512_1452298795.jpg?1452297971 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/FastEddy,11435/all 08/03/08 10 1 198 12905 26 4

Posts: 13103

Joined: 8/3/2008

Location: WA, USA

8/18/2012 11:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2012 10:39 AM

Lame Post!

stantdm

Vital MX member stantdm
28740 stantdm /images/default/avatar/c50.png http://www.vitalmx.com/community/stantdm,28740/all 07/17/11 2 348 4

Posts: 350

Joined: 7/17/2011

Location: Belle Fourche, SD USA

8/19/2012 7:17 AM

There is a lot I love about motocross. Don't hate anything. Hater is just a term some fans who worship riders have for anybody who doesn't agree with them. I am a big Andrew Short fan. Why? Because I knew him when he was six years old and know his mother and father who are great people. He is a hard worker, and he has accomplished a lot. I don't love him, I respect and admire him. There are riders I don't care for and sometimes for reasons I don't understand. Might be attitude, sometimes I admit its appearance. I like Tomac, don't care for Barcia. Why? Don't like his on track actions. He is better this year. Used to not care much for Reed but now see him as a great motocross rider who has contributed a lot to the sport.'
Blake Whartons hairstyle turns me off but when he is interviewed he comes across as intelligent and thoughtful.

Don't like the TV situation but remember when the only news you could get waiting for Cycle News to arrive was a 1-900 number on Monday morning. No details, just finishing order. I like what we have today even if it is irritating at times.

426Hemi

Vital MX member 426Hemi
27260 426Hemi /images/default/avatar/c50.png http://www.vitalmx.com/community/426Hemi,27260/all 04/15/11 6 881 2

Posts: 887

Joined: 4/15/2011

Location: FM, USA

8/19/2012 7:22 AM

So perhaps everybody should agree on everything, love everyone and believe the same things?

Go Dungey!

KMC440

Vital MX member KMC440
4785 KMC440 http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/4785/avatar/c50_627412278_1212695120.jpg?1294182034 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/KMC440,4785/all 04/01/08 4 1 143 3413 77 1

Posts: 3556

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: USA

8/19/2012 8:19 AM

bigborefan

Vital MX member bigborefan
3106 bigborefan http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/3106/avatar/c50_phpoLwXdq_c1PM_1417327330.jpg?1417327093 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/bigborefan,3106/all 03/08/08 47 1393 1 1

Posts: 1440

Joined: 3/8/2008

Location: Urbana, IL USA

8/19/2012 10:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2012 11:13 AM

I love outdoor Motocross. An outdoor national is the best spectator sport in the world IMO.

I love off-rad racing as well, and that's what I ride. But it does not make for a good spectator sport.

I watch Supercross, but I don't love it. I still consider it a sideshow to the outdoors.

I like 4and 2 strokes. I wish the manufacturers still made 2 strokes. The 250 class should allow both.

I don't care for JSE. I don't know James personally, so it is not personal, but the organization known as JSE, they seem to bring the reality TV scene with them wherever they go. There's more drama there than on a Kardashian episode.

A JSE fan-boy is even worse.

I love a good JSE cat fight thread. Yes, I am drawn to it like a moth to a flame, It's just too much fun for me to resist.

I am not a TP199 fan either. I know, Travis is a sweetheart and all that, super nice guy. But I don't care for spinning and flipping. I don't like NASCAR and I don't care one bit that Travis races NASCAR. I can deal with Rally cars, those are cool. but Rally racing, not Rally X-games.

I don't like extreme sports. Lets face it, flipping and spinning is flipping and spinning, on a bicycle, motorcycle, wake-board, skis, snow board or skateboard. It's all the same, boring. And a judged sport at that, i like a sport with a clear cut winner.

I don't like Justin Barcia because of that Supercross scene where he roosted the medical team and then cried like a little bitch. He may earn my respect in the future, but it is going to take a while.

I love RC, because he forces you to, 150 wins and he never gives up. he grinds you down. I was a RC hater at first, now I love the man. full on man love for him.

I love MC, because he was a full on badass on a SX track. His style was effortless.

I like smooth riders, David Bailey, Dungey, JMB, Lechien and Juha Salminen, Rodeny Smith and Marc Coma.

I don't like the AMA because they bring nothing to the table IMO. I am in District 17, and for the amount of money they want, I do not see any return on my investment. I think they are like the NRA, they are not about the core member anymore, just politics.

I don't care one way or the other about "industry insiders" as a whole. When they say they want the sport to grow, I hear them saying they want to make more money for themselves. Everyone has an agenda.

At the end of the day I enjoy motorcycles. All aspects of it. MX/SX is just one aspect of motorcycling for me.

I love Vital and I love GuyB for hosting it. Even though he clicked me once.

lucero10x

Vital MX member lucero10x
17119 lucero10x http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/17119/avatar/c50_SFG6632_ZF_8575_82894_1_001.jpg?1340842147 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/lucero10x,17119/all 09/25/09 40 1507 1

Posts: 1547

Joined: 9/25/2009

Location: Las Vegas, NV USA

8/19/2012 11:14 AM

You just can't hate guys that are out there laying it on the line and risking serious injury with every gate drop. You just can't. Not on of them.

gsxrcr28

Vital MX member gsxrcr28
14410 gsxrcr28 http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/14410/avatar/c50_image_1433567124.jpg?1433566525 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/gsxrcr28,14410/all 03/05/09 4 20 57 7179 25 1

Posts: 7236

Joined: 3/5/2009

Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL USA

8/19/2012 11:50 AM

JackLHyde wrote:

The most obvious I have learned in all these years that I love motocross, is that most people involved are actually really dumb. Some you could call naive, but it's hard finding someone who has open mind.

I believe it's mostly a lack of common sense.

gsxrcr28

Vital MX member gsxrcr28
14410 gsxrcr28 http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/14410/avatar/c50_image_1433567124.jpg?1433566525 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/gsxrcr28,14410/all 03/05/09 4 20 57 7179 25 1

Posts: 7236

Joined: 3/5/2009

Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL USA

8/19/2012 11:53 AM

lucero10x wrote:

You just can't hate guys that are out there laying it on the line and risking serious injury with every gate drop. You just can't. Not on of them.

You can't, I can't, but unfortunately fans like that exist.

loftyair

Vital MX member loftyair
15882 loftyair http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/15882/avatar/c50_109192760_1246654999.jpg?1294191424 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/loftyair,15882/all 07/03/09 1 44 1269 179

Posts: 1313

Joined: 7/3/2009

Location: riverside, CA USA

8/19/2012 1:38 PM

bigborefan wrote:

I love outdoor Motocross. An outdoor national is the best spectator sport in the world IMO.

I love off-rad racing as well, and that's what I ride. But it does not make for a good spectator sport.

I watch Supercross, but I don't love it. I still consider it a sideshow to the outdoors.

I like 4and 2 strokes. I wish the manufacturers still made 2 strokes. The 250 class should allow both.

I don't care for JSE. I don't know James personally, so it is not personal, but the organization known as JSE, they seem to bring the reality TV scene with them wherever they go. There's more drama there than on a Kardashian episode.

A JSE fan-boy is even worse.

I love a good JSE cat fight thread. Yes, I am drawn to it like a moth to a flame, It's just too much fun for me to resist.

I am not a TP199 fan either. I know, Travis is a sweetheart and all that, super nice guy. But I don't care for spinning and flipping. I don't like NASCAR and I don't care one bit that Travis races NASCAR. I can deal with Rally cars, those are cool. but Rally racing, not Rally X-games.

I don't like extreme sports. Lets face it, flipping and spinning is flipping and spinning, on a bicycle, motorcycle, wake-board, skis, snow board or skateboard. It's all the same, boring. And a judged sport at that, i like a sport with a clear cut winner.

I don't like Justin Barcia because of that Supercross scene where he roosted the medical team and then cried like a little bitch. He may earn my respect in the future, but it is going to take a while.

I love RC, because he forces you to, 150 wins and he never gives up. he grinds you down. I was a RC hater at first, now I love the man. full on man love for him.

I love MC, because he was a full on badass on a SX track. His style was effortless.

I like smooth riders, David Bailey, Dungey, JMB, Lechien and Juha Salminen, Rodeny Smith and Marc Coma.

I don't like the AMA because they bring nothing to the table IMO. I am in District 17, and for the amount of money they want, I do not see any return on my investment. I think they are like the NRA, they are not about the core member anymore, just politics.

I don't care one way or the other about "industry insiders" as a whole. When they say they want the sport to grow, I hear them saying they want to make more money for themselves. Everyone has an agenda.

At the end of the day I enjoy motorcycles. All aspects of it. MX/SX is just one aspect of motorcycling for me.

I love Vital and I love GuyB for hosting it. Even though he clicked me once.

Nice, this is what I was looking for.

loftyair

Vital MX member loftyair
15882 loftyair http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/15882/avatar/c50_109192760_1246654999.jpg?1294191424 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/loftyair,15882/all 07/03/09 1 44 1269 179

Posts: 1313

Joined: 7/3/2009

Location: riverside, CA USA

8/19/2012 1:39 PM

ocscottie wrote:

using words like "man hug" and "love him so tight" I dont even know why i should even bother responding....you should maybe single out some "fantards" whos riders can do NO WRONG in their eyes, and even go to the lengths of putting down other riders to try and make "their guy" look better, something you will NEVER see me do. it actually disgusts me the lengths some of these guys will go.

There is actually a TON of riders i root for...and do you ever see me jumping into every single Roczen thread defending him? nope, and i wouldnt waste my time, not my style.

There are a LOT of riders i fully dig, but obviously Kenny just so happens to be at the top of my list. But if you paid any attention at all, you would see that i root for many riders. As far as Kenny, David Bulmer got me into him back in 09 or '10 and i became a huge fan, he is such a genuine kid with a rad personality, who also just happens to be amazingly talented riding a dirtbike. Take a browse of my Bench Racing Discussion threads sometime and you will clearly see that there is many (if not ALL) riders i root for, and want to do well, in the end, i am a "race fan" ...period. There is a BIG difference between a "race fan" and a "fanboy" ..and we have way to many of the latter here.

Watch these 2 vids, they show a little more of Kenny away from the track, and partly why i am such a fan.

At Home With Ken Roczen


A Day in the Life of Ken Roczen


Then there is also that RedBull connection, he loves them almost as much as i do

He's in a pretty good spot right now. Do you have the redbull thing going with all their athletes?