Loretta's help?

hillbilly
7/27/2016 4:14pm
Yeah,20 plus 2.

I raced the outside the opening laps,the guys train the insides so passes are in bunches if you start is midpack.

I used my sitelap to push the edge and feel out the outsides. Go out late and get the cobbwebbs off,have a spare goggle when you roll in for the 2 card.

Watch like hell as you roll in for the 2 card where they are spraying water.

They pull the track in between motos,not all but sections,whatever they can get to,hence the reason i went out late on my sitelap.

7/27/2016 4:55pm
What a lucky guy. I may be down for monday.thru wednesday. From the sounds of it you'll have a posse for you.
mxrose3
Fantasy
1046th
7/27/2016 7:46pm
Hey Bob - thanks for the offer! I've managed to sort out some reciprocal help with another guy riding your class so I'll be at the...
Hey Bob - thanks for the offer! I've managed to sort out some reciprocal help with another guy riding your class so I'll be at the gate and running his pit board, but I'll be happy to help you at the line with holeshot device and packing your gate if you need it! I'm #36 in Senior 40+.

Cheers
Simon
Thanks Simon - I'll look for you!

Bob
mxbum
7/27/2016 8:32pm
20+2 no tech any of the years I've raced. Dog house and slightly inside has always worked for me. But I pulled the holeshot in 250A...
20+2 no tech any of the years I've raced.

Dog house and slightly inside has always worked for me. But I pulled the holeshot in 250A pro sport one time from just about dead inside. Just try not to get stuck on the far outside or your day is over before it starts

He's right on guys running over their tongues last few laps. If you have some left in the tank you can make a lot of passes at the 15 minute mark

I'll be there wed morning till Saturday if you need anything give me a shout
I am pretty sure it is just 20 minutes now (not 20 plus 2).
Some 51cc, 45+, 50+, and "C" classes go 15 minutes.

bruce

The Shop

RPM68
7/27/2016 11:05pm
This thread is awesome, Moto at it's best. Good luck Simon and the rest of the vitards.

DC was killin it on his 125! he musta cased something when they edited stuff bc that video was pointed down quickly lol.
hillbilly
7/28/2016 3:34am
The track is different now but the dogleg by the mechanics area and the u turn before are the same.

That dogleg was a good spot for me,one rutt inside with the ripped up 1st turn stuff for 20 feet outside it. Go thru there feet up pinned on the outside of guys just letting it float like in my tobacco patch.

And the big righthand sweeper in the infield like a banked dirtrack.

The most important thing is the next moto,like i posted,dont wad on the 1st turn 1st moto and be done by trashed bike or body.

2nd moto 5 guys dont show because they got 36 thru 40 and if you see on the line after you've rolled in a large open space where those guys are missing I'd rather start with room than with my bars touching 2 wildeyed guys on either side.

In 02ish there was a guy lined up beside me in openface jt ,gear from that era and on a old Suzuki. I knew the guy was nuts,2 cards goes up and he is sitting there 2 minutes pinned,I'm looking at him and he's bouncing like hillbilly hillclimber in on any sunday. Gate drops and he turns dead sideways hits me square in the leg not a foot in front of the gate.
MXVet261
Fantasy
4061st
7/28/2016 5:33am
I will be there Sat - Fri camping onsite if anyone needs any help.

krepsj AT gmail
7/30/2016 8:21am
hillbilly wrote:
Yeah,20 plus 2. I raced the outside the opening laps,the guys train the insides so passes are in bunches if you start is midpack. I used...
Yeah,20 plus 2.

I raced the outside the opening laps,the guys train the insides so passes are in bunches if you start is midpack.

I used my sitelap to push the edge and feel out the outsides. Go out late and get the cobbwebbs off,have a spare goggle when you roll in for the 2 card.

Watch like hell as you roll in for the 2 card where they are spraying water.

They pull the track in between motos,not all but sections,whatever they can get to,hence the reason i went out late on my sitelap.

Thanks for the pointers, hillbilly. They have singles on the insides of many of the turns so I could easily see some traffic jams on the opening laps on the insides.

Cheers
Simon
7/30/2016 8:27am
20+2 no tech any of the years I've raced. Dog house and slightly inside has always worked for me. But I pulled the holeshot in 250A...

Dog house and slightly inside has always worked for me. But I pulled the holeshot in 250A pro sport one time from just about dead inside. Just try not to get stuck on the far outside or your day is over before it starts

He's right on guys running over their tongues last few laps. If you have some left in the tank you can make a lot of passes at the 15 minute mark

Thanks, much appreciated!

Cheers
Simon
7/30/2016 8:29am

mxbum wrote:
I am pretty sure it is just 20 minutes now (not 20 plus 2).
Some 51cc, 45+, 50+, and "C" classes go 15 minutes.

bruce
You're right, it's basically 20 mins or as close as they can get it. Usually 8 or 9 laps, which is great cos I'm really suffering in this heat and humidity and all I've done is walk the track.

Cheers
Simon
7/30/2016 8:31am
If anyone wants to swing by and say hi, I think I'm camped on Ferry Parkway (behind the start down the one with the funnel cakes stand on the corner), KTM #36 on the back of a black truck.

Cheers
Simon
mxrose3
Fantasy
1046th
7/30/2016 8:00pm
Ill be there tomorrow. Ill try to swing by.

Bob
teggers
7/30/2016 9:50pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2016 9:53pm
hillbilly wrote:
A little advice, Make it thru the 1st turn,no matter what,it is better to round it at the back than wasting time picking up. The age...
A little advice,

Make it thru the 1st turn,no matter what,it is better to round it at the back than wasting time picking up.

The age groups always seemed to have the pileup.

I always gage my jump,grab a gear or 2 and evaluated.

The inside of the doghouse was best for me,several times i went dead inside and just get away safe in the top 20 then dig.

The last 2 laps guys start catching their tounges in the front wheel.
Yup!

Hillbilly caught me a few times....I passed 6-7 riders on the last lap one year.

30% Humidity? Hahahahahah ---- nuff' said

get to the staging area as late as you can and not bake (Go see ahead of time when it is realistically the latest you can arrive and not lose your gate pick) time it within a few minutes

vet motos are the worst pileups - stay clear of anything

go out last on your sighting lap and take your time - you have the control then - when you get back you will be in full race face and not waiting for "me" to delay the race until I am ready (remember, you have at least 2 minutes when you get back)

hit the "burn out" area to blow off some nerves - pump your forearms a bit

hit the beer tent and enjoy the bench racing - this race is so "not" important in the big picture of life

my biggest - best/worst memories in order are The Coombs Family , the beer tent - first turn crashes and the beer tent.

ENJOY YOURSELF
hillbilly
7/31/2016 12:11pm
hillbilly wrote:
A little advice, Make it thru the 1st turn,no matter what,it is better to round it at the back than wasting time picking up. The age...
A little advice,

Make it thru the 1st turn,no matter what,it is better to round it at the back than wasting time picking up.

The age groups always seemed to have the pileup.

I always gage my jump,grab a gear or 2 and evaluated.

The inside of the doghouse was best for me,several times i went dead inside and just get away safe in the top 20 then dig.

The last 2 laps guys start catching their tounges in the front wheel.
teggers wrote:
Yup! Hillbilly caught me a few times....I passed 6-7 riders on the last lap one year. 30% Humidity? Hahahahahah ---- nuff' said get to the staging...
Yup!

Hillbilly caught me a few times....I passed 6-7 riders on the last lap one year.

get to the staging area as late as you can and not bake (Go see ahead of time when it is realistically the latest you can arrive and not lose your gate pick) time it within a few minutes

go out last on your sighting lap and take your time - you have the control then - when you get back you will be in full race face and not waiting for "me" to delay the race until I am ready (remember, you have at least 2 minutes when you get back)

hit the beer tent and enjoy the bench racing - this race is so "not" important in the big picture of life

my biggest - best/worst memories in order are The Coombs Family , the beer tent - first turn crashes and the beer tent.

ENJOY YOURSELF
And remember to duck your head when going under the start gate shed.
7/31/2016 12:33pm
teggers wrote:
Yup! Hillbilly caught me a few times....I passed 6-7 riders on the last lap one year. 30% Humidity? Hahahahahah ---- nuff' said get to the staging...
Yup!

ENJOY YOURSELF
Thanks for the advice! Go out last on sighting lap and hit the beer tent. Result!

Cheers
Simon
hillbilly
7/31/2016 1:01pm
hillbilly wrote:
And remember to duck your head when going under the start gate shed.
It's not that low, is it?
Ask teggers,lol.

The 1st year of transponders homer Simpson built this lean too structure before the finish that picked up the signal,that thing freaked me out ever lap,half the screws were broke off and the other half weren't in but part way.
teggers
7/31/2016 8:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2016 8:24pm
hillbilly wrote:
Ask teggers,lol. The 1st year of transponders homer Simpson built this lean too structure before the finish that picked up the signal,that thing freaked me out...
Ask teggers,lol.

The 1st year of transponders homer Simpson built this lean too structure before the finish that picked up the signal,that thing freaked me out ever lap,half the screws were broke off and the other half weren't in but part way.
Before the new roof structure - there was a small roof over the gate that - over years had built up a hill as you pull into your start gate.....you had to duck your head to miss the roof. 1st year there, I did not think of that after my hot lap and knocked myself out pulling into the gate - I was first out so I had a few minutes till the stragglers came in...... I had to hold the race up with the 2 minute board. My mechanic held the race.....I was able to remount with about 30 seconds to go....My first 2 laps are not in my memory. 2 Months of training and prep - GONE!

To this day - that is the worst injury I have had. My neck is so jacked, I can't take any stress on it at all.

I have been seeing doctors ever since.

I have had 3 or 4 MRI's just to see if the bone spurs are getting worse. I type this knowing they are.

Worst injury I have had - long term.
hillbilly
7/31/2016 8:41pm
hillbilly wrote:
Ask teggers,lol. The 1st year of transponders homer Simpson built this lean too structure before the finish that picked up the signal,that thing freaked me out...
Ask teggers,lol.

teggers wrote:
Before the new roof structure - there was a small roof over the gate that - over years had built up a hill as you pull...
Before the new roof structure - there was a small roof over the gate that - over years had built up a hill as you pull into your start gate.....you had to duck your head to miss the roof. 1st year there, I did not think of that after my hot lap and knocked myself out pulling into the gate - I was first out so I had a few minutes till the stragglers came in...... I had to hold the race up with the 2 minute board. My mechanic held the race.....I was able to remount with about 30 seconds to go....My first 2 laps are not in my memory. 2 Months of training and prep - GONE!

To this day - that is the worst injury I have had. My neck is so jacked, I can't take any stress on it at all.

I have been seeing doctors ever since.

I have had 3 or 4 MRI's just to see if the bone spurs are getting worse. I type this knowing they are.

Worst injury I have had - long term.
I knew what'd you'd done the second i saw ya.

I'd seen that happen more than a dozen times i guess.

Another year it poured,they cancelled then reracked when the sun came out. They scrapped mud off the 1st turn over to the fence.

I get a great jump and run it on in on a 250 smoker,as i turn there are no other bikes but being inside i had to slow just a tad.

All a sudden a upside down honda is in my armpit knocking my left hand off the bar,I keep it pinned,run into the mud and loose 15 spots.

As i complete a lap teggers is wobbling toward a mule,his dunlop tracks in my armpit.

Good times.....
teggers
8/1/2016 12:03am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2016 12:24am
Good Luck Vital MX member AnimalHungry

Enjoy every Moment!

Yeh. Hillbilly - Good times if i could remember them. phuhuk hue

My 3 worst concussions were there. 2 on the starting gate, on the roof... the third - in the first turn.

Actually - I had an old man killer at Breman... I expect no memory after 65 from that one.

Sorry, what were we talking about?

Good thymes....

Please resume your normal scheduled programming. Something about Loretta Lynns and AnimalHungry, I think.
hillbilly
8/1/2016 5:03am
Something that I did since you may just ride once a day,for sure if you are in one class.

I used my mountain bike to go into the red zone 90 minutes or so before my moto. This keeps me from blowing up on track. There is a long hill as you go toward Lorettas house ,I used it to warm up.

And,motos start a 7.30 each morning ,it is great fun to get up at first light,go for a bike ride to get flowing then grab a cup of coffee and go watch.

When i was 1st moto I'd get up at 4am and do my thing with flashlight to get my 90 minute prior to moto workout in.

But that 1st moto of the day is such fun to do.

Post a reply to: Loretta's help?

The Latest