Loretta's help?

I'm racing the Senior 40+ class at Loretta's this year for the first time. I grew up racing in the UK then had no bike for 15 years (while pretending to be an adult) until I started it up again last year, so never had the opportunity to race LL's as a kid.

I'm traveling on my own with my RV from Colorado and wondered if there's anyone also either racing on their own in a different class and we could share mechanic/helper duties, or just anyone going to the race who would like to help me out for my motos and get a mechanic's pass? Just basic stuff like manning a pit board, helping me at the gate and then throwing water at me as I womble off the track in a dehydrated haze. The highest humidity we get out here is about 30% so I may be feeling it a bit lol!

Oh, will provide beer and AC.

Cheers
Simon
|
ge217
7/13/2016 10:14am
If you do find someone to help you, they need to be at sign-up with you to pick up the mechanics pass. If you haven't found anyone one by then they will let you come back up to get the pass but mechanic/help has to be there to sign for it.

A lot of people will be at the race. Im sure you'll be able to find someone there who will be willing to help out.

Good luck. Drink lots of water before hand!
MXVet261
Fantasy
4061st
7/13/2016 10:16am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2016 10:17am
I might be able to help out, not 100% sure so if anyone else can for sure please step up for Simon.

I did not qualify but plan to go down to help/support my friends that are racing +40/+45/+50 and also a racer in 65cc/85cc. I will only be there till Friday.

I will check back on this post to see where you stand and if nobody else is able we will figure something out for you!

Agree with above, make sure you are drinking 1 gallon + of water a day starting RIGHT NOW.

John
DC
7/13/2016 10:37am
Simon, I will be there and can maybe help out with the pit board!

DC
7/13/2016 10:41am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2016 10:42am
ge217 wrote:
If you do find someone to help you, they need to be at sign-up with you to pick up the mechanics pass. If you haven't found...
If you do find someone to help you, they need to be at sign-up with you to pick up the mechanics pass. If you haven't found anyone one by then they will let you come back up to get the pass but mechanic/help has to be there to sign for it.

A lot of people will be at the race. Im sure you'll be able to find someone there who will be willing to help out.

Good luck. Drink lots of water before hand!
Thanks for the info, good to know - I read that somewhere but had totally forgotten it.

And I've been trying to get used to heat by driving around with no AC and windows closed in my truck lol!

Cheers
Simon

The Shop

7/13/2016 10:44am
MXVet261 wrote:
I might be able to help out, not 100% sure so if anyone else can for sure please step up for Simon. I did not qualify...
I might be able to help out, not 100% sure so if anyone else can for sure please step up for Simon.

I did not qualify but plan to go down to help/support my friends that are racing +40/+45/+50 and also a racer in 65cc/85cc. I will only be there till Friday.

I will check back on this post to see where you stand and if nobody else is able we will figure something out for you!

Agree with above, make sure you are drinking 1 gallon + of water a day starting RIGHT NOW.

John
Thanks John. I'm sure I'll be able to work something out, but many thanks for the offer. I'm pretty good at drinking water anyway but will ramp it up now into the final stretch.

Cheers
Simon
7/13/2016 10:46am
DC wrote:

DC
Thanks Davey, that's much appreciated! Pretty sure you'll be pretty busy but I'll be sure to catch up with you and maybe we can work something out.

Cheers
Simon
DC
7/13/2016 10:56am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2016 10:56am
I have all of the basics down already for pro-level pit-boardind:

RELAX
BREATHE
1/2 WAY
FLOW
2 LAPS
NICE WORK
DON'T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB...

dc
JM485
7/13/2016 10:59am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2016 11:00am
DC wrote:

RELAX
BREATHE
1/2 WAY
FLOW
2 LAPS
NICE WORK

dc
BLOW JOB AFTER RACE?

WoohooLaughing

I'm sorry man I couldn't resist!
7/13/2016 11:00am
DC wrote:

RELAX
BREATHE
1/2 WAY
FLOW
2 LAPS
NICE WORK

dc
Ha, yeah! But you might want "Don't quit your day job" out a little earlier in the moto for me :-)

Cheers
Simon
hvaughn88
7/13/2016 11:00am
DC wrote:

RELAX
BREATHE
1/2 WAY
FLOW
2 LAPS
NICE WORK

dc
Davey, c'mon man! You left off: BYE, BREATH, PUSS and TOO SLOW, PULL OFF Tongue
7/13/2016 11:01am
JM485 wrote:
BLOW JOB AFTER RACE?

WoohooLaughing

I'm sorry man I couldn't resist!
There's always one.

Well, sometimes more than one around here :-)

Cheers
Simon
7/13/2016 11:04am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2016 11:04am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Davey, c'mon man! You left off: BYE, BREATH, PUSS and TOO SLOW, PULL OFF Tongue
"Too slow, pull off" is my favourite one ever. A close second is "Let Brock bye" just because two of the three words are misspelt.

Cheers
Simon
lumpy790
7/13/2016 11:33am
DC wrote:

RELAX
BREATHE
1/2 WAY
FLOW
2 LAPS
NICE WORK

dc
Awesome Silly

I will be rolling in Wednesday - Saturday and know the ropes
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/13/2016 12:28pm
DC wrote:

RELAX
BREATHE
1/2 WAY
FLOW
2 LAPS
NICE WORK

dc
Let Broc by!
WRH
7/13/2016 12:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2016 12:45pm
DC wrote:

RELAX
BREATHE
1/2 WAY
FLOW
2 LAPS
NICE WORK

dc
kzizok wrote:
Let Broc by!
Apple's 29 cents
or
There's a bear behind you!

peelout
7/13/2016 12:50pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2016 12:50pm
you had me at beer, bro

i'll be there Friday and Saturday, i'm not really willing to help with anything but i'll be sure to look you up and do some bench racing. when i power drink, like i'll be doing at LL, i prefer Busch Light but i'm cool with PBR.

@DC, my RacerX beer coozie has been overwhelmingly abused the last couple years, any chance i can talk you into bringing me a few extras? i'll give you a dry-erase marker for pit-board duties in exchange.
Camp332
7/13/2016 1:05pm
Schlitz is the only way bro's
MXD
7/13/2016 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2016 1:11pm
DC wrote:

RELAX
BREATHE
1/2 WAY
FLOW
2 LAPS
NICE WORK

dc
You forgot "PUSS" Grinning
ianhendry46
7/13/2016 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/14/2016 5:56am
I live about 30 minutes from Lorettas in Dickson. I will be at the ranch most of the week working the Amsoil rig. I am also a tech at the local dealership and former mechanic for Justin Starling and Daniel Baker. I have a shop at my place in case you need to do something major. Just give me a call and I'll see if I can help you!
kripple428
7/13/2016 4:33pm
I live about 30 minutes from Lorettas in Dickson. I will be at the ranch most of the week working the Amsoil rig. I am also...
I live about 30 minutes from Lorettas in Dickson. I will be at the ranch most of the week working the Amsoil rig. I am also a tech at the local dealership and former mechanic for Justin Starling and Daniel Baker. I have a shop at my place in case you need to do something major. Just give me a call and I'll see if I can help you!
Posting your number in the men looking for men section of craigslist in 3...2..1 lmao
ianhendry46
7/13/2016 4:56pm
I live about 30 minutes from Lorettas in Dickson. I will be at the ranch most of the week working the Amsoil rig. I am also...
kripple428 wrote:
Posting your number in the men looking for men section of craigslist in 3...2..1 lmao
Remember I know your number too buddy lol
Camp332
7/13/2016 5:14pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2016 5:14pm
Wow, Mr Hendry, please remove your number. People will be advertising free glory holes and using your number.
dboivin
7/13/2016 5:49pm
DC wrote:

DC
this made me laugh today. would be great to have davey do it and he can instagram his pitboard messages he made for ya. lmao

make it happen.
7/13/2016 6:29pm
It's EXTREMELY hot and humid in August in Tennessee, that's a given. But on the topic of hydration, excessive intake of water can have adverse effects on the body, like flushing vital nutrients and elements right out of your muscles and organs. Muscle cramps and joint pain will follow. Fruit juices, chocolate milk, and even pedialyte should suppllement the water. A pinch of added salt will counteract the flushing effect.
7/13/2016 10:18pm
Thanks Ian, much obliged! I obviously hope not to need any major work on my bike but you never know and the offer is much appreciated!

Cheers
Simon
7/13/2016 10:21pm
It's EXTREMELY hot and humid in August in Tennessee, that's a given. But on the topic of hydration, excessive intake of water can have adverse effects...
It's EXTREMELY hot and humid in August in Tennessee, that's a given. But on the topic of hydration, excessive intake of water can have adverse effects on the body, like flushing vital nutrients and elements right out of your muscles and organs. Muscle cramps and joint pain will follow. Fruit juices, chocolate milk, and even pedialyte should suppllement the water. A pinch of added salt will counteract the flushing effect.
Thanks for the pointers. I tend to add lemon juice, salt and coconut water to help replace electrolytes and avoid the flush. The coconut water is particularly great.

Cheers
Simon
Nighttrain
7/13/2016 10:57pm
It's EXTREMELY hot and humid in August in Tennessee, that's a given. But on the topic of hydration, excessive intake of water can have adverse effects...
Thanks for the pointers. I tend to add lemon juice, salt and coconut water to help replace electrolytes and avoid the flush. The coconut water is...
Thanks for the pointers. I tend to add lemon juice, salt and coconut water to help replace electrolytes and avoid the flush. The coconut water is particularly great.

Cheers
Simon
Good luck at LL, Animal. You'll have a blast. Looks like you're on point for hydration. Once before a July Hare Scramble in Georgia I saw a bunch of guys drinking Pedialyte. After the race I knew why. Don't get pysched over the humidity. It's the same for everybody else on the gate.
kripple428
7/13/2016 11:12pm
Thanks for the pointers. I tend to add lemon juice, salt and coconut water to help replace electrolytes and avoid the flush. The coconut water is...

Cheers
Simon
Nighttrain wrote:
Good luck at LL, Animal. You'll have a blast. Looks like you're on point for hydration. Once before a July Hare Scramble in Georgia I saw...
Good luck at LL, Animal. You'll have a blast. Looks like you're on point for hydration. Once before a July Hare Scramble in Georgia I saw a bunch of guys drinking Pedialyte. After the race I knew why. Don't get pysched over the humidity. It's the same for everybody else on the gate.
haha I drink pedialyte over recovery drinks wether it be on practice days race days or just after the gym I honestly like the taste over most of the sports drinks and it doesnt have nearly the amount of sugar.

Post a reply to: Loretta's help?

The Latest