Looking for work or volunteer for pro or privateer sx/mx team

rider892
Edited Date/Time 3/10/2017 9:25pm
Looking at working for a team , willing to do anything to help out and possibly be a team driver. I have my class a license and have been driving otr but would like to work in the industry. Thanks!

Email: kanuch1208@gmail.com
|
mikec265
3/6/2017 8:48pm
Rumor has it there's no money in driving.
I think trainees for Swift and Schneider make more than a moto trucker.
rider892
3/6/2017 8:58pm
yeah there maybe no money , but it's more for the love of the sport and a dream of mine to be a part of a team in some way .
Sully22
3/6/2017 10:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2017 10:09pm
I don't get it, what's the definition of no money in driving for a SX/MX team? I was offered a job about 10 years ago driving for a team and it was good money, would be good money still today, and a lotta perks as well.

The Shop

rancor19
3/7/2017 3:47am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2017 3:49am
rider892 wrote:
yeah there maybe no money , but it's more for the love of the sport and a dream of mine to be a part of a...
yeah there maybe no money , but it's more for the love of the sport and a dream of mine to be a part of a team in some way .
That's right.

About 2.5 decades ago, I made $3/hr(maybe) as a gopher for a promoter. I ran around with a shovel, watered the track, flagged, etc... I lived on hot dogs and water and cooked those hot dogs on a shitty hibachi fueled by broken banner stakes. I was deep-up-innit. It was the best job I ever had.

Now I have bills, a thankless job where I go three years without a raise and the owner buys exotic sports cars.

Fuck this.

How do I get outta this and back into that?
3/7/2017 4:11am
rancor19 wrote:
That's right. About 2.5 decades ago, I made $3/hr(maybe) as a gopher for a promoter. I ran around with a shovel, watered the track, flagged, etc...
That's right.

About 2.5 decades ago, I made $3/hr(maybe) as a gopher for a promoter. I ran around with a shovel, watered the track, flagged, etc... I lived on hot dogs and water and cooked those hot dogs on a shitty hibachi fueled by broken banner stakes. I was deep-up-innit. It was the best job I ever had.

Now I have bills, a thankless job where I go three years without a raise and the owner buys exotic sports cars.

Fuck this.

How do I get outta this and back into that?
Good story, I was waiting for you to say that you had to walk to the races uphill both ways.

To the OP: if you aren't having to worry about finding a lucrative career and it's what you want to do, then go for it. I hope somebody can hook you up. I'm going to get to participate at the STL supercross in a way that I always dreamt of, I'm not getting paid and am actually paying a lot of money to fly out there, get a rental car, etc. But it will be worth it for the experience.
rider892
3/7/2017 11:33am
Thanks for all the input and I have been trying to find stuff with no luck. I'm hoping something comes up before the outdoor season begins!

What kind of experience is it for St. Louis sx?
lukaitis9
3/7/2017 12:17pm
Have you looked at sites like Motorcycle Industry Jobs or Malakye?

These types of jobs are not up there often but they sometimes hit the sites.
3/8/2017 2:50am
rider892 wrote:
Thanks for all the input and I have been trying to find stuff with no luck. I'm hoping something comes up before the outdoor season begins...
Thanks for all the input and I have been trying to find stuff with no luck. I'm hoping something comes up before the outdoor season begins!

I had talked with Doc Bodnar about working on the alpinestars medic crew way back in January and he sounded like they would be able to find a spot for my wife and I. I just emailed him again to see if the offer still stands. We will see.

I hope someone can help you. This is a good place to try asking for help. There are a lot of good people here.
rider892
3/10/2017 9:15pm
rider892 wrote:
Thanks for all the input and I have been trying to find stuff with no luck. I'm hoping something comes up before the outdoor season begins...

I had talked with Doc Bodnar about working on the alpinestars medic crew way back in January and he sounded like they would be able to...
I had talked with Doc Bodnar about working on the alpinestars medic crew way back in January and he sounded like they would be able to find a spot for my wife and I. I just emailed him again to see if the offer still stands. We will see.

I hope someone can help you. This is a good place to try asking for help. There are a lot of good people here.
That sound awesome man ! Good luck and hope you and your wife get a spot ! I honestly would volunteer to help a team do anything even drive just to show them that I will work hard and they can count on me

Post a reply to: Looking for work or volunteer for pro or privateer sx/mx team

The Latest