Local track shut down

ChingLongBing
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 4:08pm
A local track I have ridden for the past year was shut down yesterday. Someone complained to the county that there was a motocross track on the property illegally and the landowner recieved a letter from the county stating his options in the matter and that for the time being the track needed to be closed to all riders. The option to keep the track running included spending 25k on having the land surveyed and researched to see what infractions existed and then also pay for whatever needed to be fixed. Sadly the option that works financially is to close the track for good and tear it down. We were fortunate to have the track fly under the radar as well as it had for as long as it had, however I am now more than ever convinced there is no such thing as "Private property" anymore in this country. I'm sickened by the fact that these kids who grew up riding on this track, which may not have been the greatest track to some but it is better than no track at all, now have to find other places to go, most of which are much further away or much more expensive to ride at. I hope none of you have to experience this and for those who have I now can say I know how you feel and it isn't a cool feeling at all to know you need to find another spot to ride. Sorry guys, just needed to vent.... It was a place I could get away from it all and not worry about anything else that took me only 15 minutes to get to, and now it's gone. It will be missed by many.
|

Post a reply to: Local track shut down

The Latest