Live wire konks out at lap 16

Motodude
2/5/2011 10:21pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 2:37am
..honestly, the whole US AMA indoor/outdoor online info setup is so 1999! Failing at epic levels for a decade now.
|
Trent179
2/5/2011 10:25pm
Made it longer than it normally does. I just follow them on twatter now.
DL
2/5/2011 10:26pm
So predictable.......... is it really that hard to make it reliable?
jeffro503
2/5/2011 10:26pm
1999.........is an understatement! Jeeez man , I would be happy with a damn live audio feed! That shit has been around for 80+ years!.....and we can't even get that! Complete bullshit!
jeffro503
2/5/2011 10:27pm
It boils down to Feld wanting all their stupid advertising dollars so much......they force you to watch the race! They are NOT going to give us anything for free! Stingy bastards!

The Shop

jeffro503
2/5/2011 10:31pm
You know what?.......One more thing. I can remember a few years ago , that ESPN2 took a race off the TV that had 50,000 fans there watching it live........and they friggin' broad casted a stupid high school baseball game that had less than a 1000 people at it!

It's always the stupid "Apple pie and ice cream" type sports that make it on TV. I get so tired of this politically correct bullshit I could puke!.
the_wood109
2/5/2011 10:54pm
This tends to happen when you have all of your servers on one backbone.
kongols
2/5/2011 11:02pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2011 11:04pm
We need motocross channel. Where is that Bill Gates phone number he gave me.
jeffro503
2/5/2011 11:14pm
kongols wrote:
Kong.....he doesn't live that far away from me. Tomorrow....I'm driving over to his house to have a talk with him! If he doesn't act like he's willing to help....then I'm giving a beat down in front of his maids. I'll put him in an arm bar and make him program the Motocross channel-Windows thing with one arm behind his back. Stupid geek......don't mess with us motocross folk !
kongols
2/5/2011 11:21pm
kongols wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Kong.....he doesn't live that far away from me. Tomorrow....I'm driving over to his house to have a talk with him! If he doesn't act like he's...
Kong.....he doesn't live that far away from me. Tomorrow....I'm driving over to his house to have a talk with him! If he doesn't act like he's willing to help....then I'm giving a beat down in front of his maids. I'll put him in an arm bar and make him program the Motocross channel-Windows thing with one arm behind his back. Stupid geek......don't mess with us motocross folk !
I was just watching this a minute ago . Best Superbowl ads.
kongols
2/5/2011 11:25pm
Can you imagine motocross channel 24/7 with live GP and AMA races.
TerryK
2/5/2011 11:27pm
jeffro503 wrote:
It boils down to Feld wanting all their stupid advertising dollars so much......they force you to watch the race! They are NOT going to give us...
It boils down to Feld wanting all their stupid advertising dollars so much......they force you to watch the race! They are NOT going to give us anything for free! Stingy bastards!
For about the 23,868th time, Feld has nothing to do with the AMA live wire.
2/6/2011 1:09am
yes it did ...t must be really HARD to do all that interweb IT stuff???
jeffro503
2/6/2011 1:54am
jeffro503 wrote:
It boils down to Feld wanting all their stupid advertising dollars so much......they force you to watch the race! They are NOT going to give us...
TerryK wrote:
For about the 23,868th time, Feld has nothing to do with the AMA live wire.
Terry........where in my post did I say one thing about AMA and the live wire? Sure I mentioned Live wire messed up.....but that wasn't what I was trying to say. I'm saying they won't even give us an audio cast of any kind , because they want to force you to "watch" the race tomorrow. You see........if they force you to watch the race.....they force you to watch all their advertising!

With all the money that Feld and the AMA make on all of us , in about a 100 different kinds of ways.....you would think they could "put back" something into the sport??

Like a fucking audio webcast for instance! Honestly.....it is retarded not show huge events like this. It's even more retarded that in the year 2011........some monkey that works for Feld hasn't figured out how to do a friggin' audio webcast.

it's 2011 God Damn it!
RMZ819
2/6/2011 4:02am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2011 4:03am
jeffro503 wrote:
You know what?.......One more thing. I can remember a few years ago , that ESPN2 took a race off the TV that had 50,000 fans there...
You know what?.......One more thing. I can remember a few years ago , that ESPN2 took a race off the TV that had 50,000 fans there watching it live........and they friggin' broad casted a stupid high school baseball game that had less than a 1000 people at it!

It's always the stupid "Apple pie and ice cream" type sports that make it on TV. I get so tired of this politically correct bullshit I could puke!.
Its not political. . This sport does not exist to the rest of the sports world. Travis Pastrana is this sports greatest star and he does not even race..

Motocross is a dying sport . In 10 yrs you won't have to worry about watching it at all. The gates will be empty. Been to a local race lately?? All you have to do is look at the 50 class and there's the future of the sport. 5 6 bikes max. 6 or 7 yrs ago 25-30 pw's were on the line at every track.

Enjoy it while you can because this is as good as its going to get.
jamma10
2/6/2011 4:07am
jeffro503 wrote:
You know what?.......One more thing. I can remember a few years ago , that ESPN2 took a race off the TV that had 50,000 fans there...

RMZ819 wrote:
Its not political. . This sport does not exist to the rest of the sports world. Travis Pastrana is this sports greatest star and he does...
Its not political. . This sport does not exist to the rest of the sports world. Travis Pastrana is this sports greatest star and he does not even race..

Motocross is a dying sport . In 10 yrs you won't have to worry about watching it at all. The gates will be empty. Been to a local race lately?? All you have to do is look at the 50 class and there's the future of the sport. 5 6 bikes max. 6 or 7 yrs ago 25-30 pw's were on the line at every track.

MIght not actually be too far from the truth.

It may all look rosy at the top right now, but I cant help but feel as thought the bottom is gonna fall out of it sometime and we'll be left high and dry.
RMZ819
2/6/2011 4:19am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2011 4:20am
jeffro503 wrote:

RMZ819 wrote:
Its not political. . This sport does not exist to the rest of the sports world. Travis Pastrana is this sports greatest star and he does...

jamma10 wrote:
MIght not actually be too far from the truth. It may all look rosy at the top right now, but I cant help but feel as...

It may all look rosy at the top right now, but I cant help but feel as thought the bottom is gonna fall out of it sometime and we'll be left high and dry.
IMO They needed to ban the hot 50's. They are killing the sport. there is no entry level. Those pieces of shit are 2500. Add helmet ,boots and gear and you are at 3 grand to check the sport out. People don't have 3 grand anymore. the plastic is all gone. PW's on the other hand were 4-5 hundred bucks plus gear and it was on to the track to see if jr likes it.

You have to get the family to the track to get them hooked. DC/MXSports and the AMA (same thing) lost site of the direction of the sport. at the entry level. Its to late now.
jamma10
2/6/2011 4:32am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2011 4:34am
RMZ819 wrote:

jamma10 wrote:
MIght not actually be too far from the truth. It may all look rosy at the top right now, but I cant help but feel as...

RMZ819 wrote:
IMO They needed to ban the hot 50's. They are killing the sport. there is no entry level. Those pieces of shit are 2500. Add helmet...
IMO They needed to ban the hot 50's. They are killing the sport. there is no entry level. Those pieces of shit are 2500. Add helmet ,boots and gear and you are at 3 grand to check the sport out. People don't have 3 grand anymore. the plastic is all gone. PW's on the other hand were 4-5 hundred bucks plus gear and it was on to the track to see if jr likes it.

You have to get the family to the track to get them hooked. DC/MXSports and the AMA (same thing) lost site of the direction of the sport. at the entry level. Its to late now.
Agree. Back in the day when a father and his kid would happily rock up on a 3rd/4th hand Yamaha pw50 that they bought for $200, nowadays everyone thinks they need to have the best gear, so they feel they HAVE to pay those prices you mention. Its indicative of modern culture in many ways though.

The sport at grass roots level needs addressing certainly.

Another problem thats contributing towards the sports demise is noise levels, but having seen a Stefan Everts interview the other day he makes it quite clear that he understands the problems associated with subsequent track closures and the impact its having on amateur racing etc. So if people as influential as him are beginning to take it seriously I see a glimmer of hope in that department at least.

Post a reply to: Live wire konks out at lap 16

The Latest