"Live" Media Professionalism

Motodrew295
1/10/2010 9:35pm
I thought the same thing at the time, but after thinking it over for a bit, it's the riders that need to act more professional. If it wasn't for the media there would be no rider, they need to acknowledge that as a professional racer on that level that riding a dirt bike isn't their only prority. I feel like the media has the right to interview these guys like that, if they dont like it or cant handle it go back to racing in a dirt field in the middle of nowhere, and take a little pay cut on top of it.
sharkey
1/10/2010 9:48pm
i would say they should just ignore her, they dont have to say anything to her and she always is stirring up drama, did you ever notice lots of people interview the riders on tv the same day but only erin stirs the pot
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/10/2010 9:48pm
In a race if there's a mechanical or crash, it is game over for those guys. It's not quite like a ball 'n stick team sport.

In Erin's case, they're doing live TV. I guess I sort of get the urgency. It's live reporting. As long as there's not a medical issue that needs to be addressed, and as long as they're not so out of breath that they can't talk, I don't see it as being an issue.

I sometimes have the "luxury" of being able to talk to them later. (Actually, while shooting photos, I can't really leave my place at the track to go chase them down.) Sometimes they're around later, but often not.

I caught the top three guys in the 450 class at the podium, but only two of the three Lites guys were still around after I was done there.
BobbyM
1/10/2010 9:49pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:56pm
kstyle wrote:
Having been lucky enough to attend many supercross events in my life I especially enjoy attending A1. My biggest beef is with the lack of professionalism...
Having been lucky enough to attend many supercross events in my life I especially enjoy attending A1. My biggest beef is with the lack of professionalism and respect that is given to racers after they crash/something happens. Last year it was Stewart and this year both Reed and Stroupe. I find that people in this sport are particularly professional and treat other racers with great respect. What I don’t understand is the lack of consideration that is given to them during a race. I get that the announcer/media players want to get the “raw emotion” from the rider but I mean give them a break, or how about 2 minutes to breath. They are in the middle of an intense race and something happens, they turn around and there is a reporter running after them trying to find out what happened....how about give the rider 5mins to figure out what happened himself. Both years I literally saw Erin run across the field to “get the scoop”... in hockey you don’t see a reporter run across the ice to find out how the player feels about getting the boot from a game for fighting...they wait until AFTER THE GAME. I am not saying that hockey is a direct comparison for motocross in general, but I am saying that the media needs to respect a rider after something happens. I get the show is live, but I also get that the riders have sponsors and future prospects for sponsors they need to be aware of. It is like the reporter wants to get a dirty comment that they can turn into the statement of the year...but people are human and say emotional comments in the middle of a heated situation only hurts the team, sponsors and rider. Is it really worth the reporter starting controversy over something that is not necessarily there? Why the need to be a shit disturber for the reporter’s own benefit? Creating a solution to the problem...report the facts and forget the emotion...The reporter can talk to the rider/mechanic/manager behind the scenes and report the facts to the public, shoving a mic into the face of someone who probably does not have a clear thought only makes the reporter look like paparazzi
damage control in progress....lol.

damned if you do damned if you don't.

the media needs to respect motocross racers like other athletes of today, treat em like gentlemen, say like golf for instance...uh wait a sec.

The Shop

BobbyM
1/10/2010 9:51pm
sharkey wrote:
i would say they should just ignore her, they dont have to say anything to her and she always is stirring up drama, did you ever...
i would say they should just ignore her, they dont have to say anything to her and she always is stirring up drama, did you ever notice lots of people interview the riders on tv the same day but only erin stirs the pot
bullshit...and you need to work on yer self esteem issues. too much rain will do that to a person.
jndmx
1/10/2010 10:14pm
Erin is doing what her producers tell her to do.....that is how it works.

She is just the face with the mic, the decisions are made by a producer as to who gets asked what and when.
BobbyM
1/10/2010 10:15pm
jndmx wrote:
Erin is doing what her producers tell her to do.....that is how it works. She is just the face with the mic, the decisions are made...
Erin is doing what her producers tell her to do.....that is how it works.

She is just the face with the mic, the decisions are made by a producer as to who gets asked what and when.
zactly

Post a reply to: "Live" Media Professionalism

The Latest