Lil Hill

FIREfish148
7/16/2010 11:17pm
The 154 has history for some northwest kids. Looks like Justins reppin it well.
DanDunes818
7/16/2010 11:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2010 11:33pm
Yes it does.. Brandon Layton was an unreal talent.. RIP kiddo..Is justin running 154 in Brandons memory?
FIREfish148
7/16/2010 11:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2010 11:51pm
Yes it does.. Brandon Layton was an unreal talent.. RIP kiddo..Is justin running 154 in Brandons memory?
Thats what I was wondering Dan.
A lot of people seem to not even know about Layton's story. Its sad because around here the kid is remembered as a one of a kind talent.
If you look at the 1998 us open mini results it shows the kid was beating dudes 4-5 years older that went on to become well known riders.

The Shop

DanDunes818
7/17/2010 12:33am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2010 12:44am
Thats what I was wondering Dan. A lot of people seem to not even know about Layton's story. Its sad because around here the kid is...
A lot of people seem to not even know about Layton's story. Its sad because around here the kid is remembered as a one of a kind talent.
If you look at the 1998 us open mini results it shows the kid was beating dudes 4-5 years older that went on to become well known riders.
Brandon was the fastest mini rider the NW had ever seen up to that point and may well be the fastest ever to ride a 60 or 80 in the NW. And that's with RV and Hill included. The kid was unreal and I really wish the tragedy never happened. I was at a race at Jolly Rogers in kent wa when I heard about his death. I packed up and went home because I couldn't keep it together. He is missed. The kid was on 60's when I was a 125B Rider and was jumping shit that scared the shit out of me. He used to do visor taps over 85 footers on his 60..lol ..Then when he was on 80's and the kid went by me at a Ward creek practice like I was a spot in the road.

Nice to see his # being used by a top NW kid.
mxtryon231
7/17/2010 9:55am
Thats what I was wondering Dan. A lot of people seem to not even know about Layton's story. Its sad because around here the kid is...
Brandon was the fastest mini rider the NW had ever seen up to that point and may well be the fastest ever to ride a 60...
Brandon was the fastest mini rider the NW had ever seen up to that point and may well be the fastest ever to ride a 60 or 80 in the NW. And that's with RV and Hill included. The kid was unreal and I really wish the tragedy never happened. I was at a race at Jolly Rogers in kent wa when I heard about his death. I packed up and went home because I couldn't keep it together. He is missed. The kid was on 60's when I was a 125B Rider and was jumping shit that scared the shit out of me. He used to do visor taps over 85 footers on his 60..lol ..Then when he was on 80's and the kid went by me at a Ward creek practice like I was a spot in the road.

Nice to see his # being used by a top NW kid.
One of my best friends grew up racing with Brandon Layton and often refers to him as being not just an amazing rider, but a great friend/rival growing up going to the races.

RIP
joe101uk
7/17/2010 10:00am
What's the story behind Brandon Layton ? I never heard of him but I'm curious to know more about him.
DanDunes818
7/17/2010 10:13am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2010 10:15am
joe101uk wrote:
What's the story behind Brandon Layton ? I never heard of him but I'm curious to know more about him.
He was a top 60 80cc rider from the mid to late 90's from the Seattle area. He won Am titles in 60's and 80's at ponca , texas and the world minis but always seemed to have bad luck at LL's. He was a factory Yamaha rider on 80's . This is the story as I remember it. It was 10-11 years or so ago though. While practicing in California I believe in the Beumont Hills area he was done for the day when a friend of his asked him to try out his bike for a couple laps. He went out on the kids bike and when he went over a double some moron was going backwards and they hit head on. He died later from head injuries sustained in the crash.

He came up because Justin Hill is running his #. I'm sure its a tribute being that Justin is from the NW..

RIP #154
joe101uk
7/17/2010 10:16am
joe101uk wrote:
He was a top 60 80cc rider from the mid to late 90's from the Seattle area. He won Am titles in 60's and 80's at...
He was a top 60 80cc rider from the mid to late 90's from the Seattle area. He won Am titles in 60's and 80's at ponca , texas and the world minis but always seemed to have bad luck at LL's. He was a factory Yamaha rider on 80's . This is the story as I remember it. It was 10-11 years or so ago though. While practicing in California I believe in the Beumont Hills area he was done for the day when a friend of his asked him to try out his bike for a couple laps. He went out on the kids bike and when he went over a double some moron was going backwards and they hit head on. He died later from head injuries sustained in the crash.

He came up because Justin Hill is running his #. I'm sure its a tribute being that Justin is from the NW..

RIP #154
I'm looking for some results to see who he raced against. That's a tragic story.
DanDunes818
7/17/2010 10:19am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2010 10:21am
joe101uk wrote:
He was a top 60 80cc rider from the mid to late 90's from the Seattle area. He won Am titles in 60's and 80's at...

RIP #154
joe101uk wrote:
I'm looking for some results to see who he raced against. That's a tragic story.
He raced and beat JS straight up more than once. They were pretty close to the same age. It's really hard to find results from those days. The only results I see is if you go to the US open page and look at the 80cc race from 1998. He was a 9-11 racer racing the 12-13 year olds at that us open in 98..lol

He was one of the great AMs of those years.
DanDunes818
7/17/2010 10:31am
What's funny is the Kyle Regal saga reminds me Brandon Layton in a few ways.. Brandon was also raised and groomed to be a pro by his step dad. Brandons step dad was just as big of a nut as Regals is. Only difference is Brandon I think won a bunch more Am titles than Regal did. I think when Brandon died he had 6-8 AM titles with like 2-3 good years left as a AM. He could have ended up w/10 or more titles easily.
Sherwood
7/17/2010 10:32am
joe101uk wrote:

RIP #154
That's basically what happened.

It's a sad horrible day I will never forget.

Post a reply to: Lil Hill

The Latest