Light hearted offseason topic

JW381
Edited Date/Time 12/2/2014 10:55am
Besides this being one of my favorite MX clips on the internet, for some reason it epitomizes the lightness of 125s to me. Even more so than Bubba in his tiddler days just because of the way they kinda manipulate the bike in a really precise way (although I'm sure not many will see what I mean by that one). But the way Robbie and Lammy throw their bikes around just looks like BMX with a motor.

https://youtu.be/SoQeCRTFJk0
|
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
11/28/2014 7:19pm
Thanks for posting this up...brought back a lot of memories. I used to watch this over and over on the VCR..rewind...play..rewind
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
11/28/2014 7:27pm
Smile Giving me some inspiration. I'm racing a 125 this coming year.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
11/28/2014 7:34pm
Brad460 wrote:
Thanks for posting this up...brought back a lot of memories. I used to watch this over and over on the VCR..rewind...play..rewind
Cool Me too...

Cheers for posting JDub.

The Shop

JM485
11/28/2014 7:38pm
I absolutely see what you mean, those guys throw it around like nothing! That whip Reynard threw down the hill was just epic, I love those old movies.
MotoX85
11/28/2014 7:40pm
Aren't these videos older than you Justin. Still have 1 and 2 in the video cabinet.
JW381
11/28/2014 7:41pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Aren't these videos older than you Justin. Still have 1 and 2 in the video cabinet.
Nah man I was manufactured in the year 1990! I used to rent these from blockbuster and watch em day and night.
JW381
11/28/2014 7:43pm
JM485 wrote:
I absolutely see what you mean, those guys throw it around like nothing! That whip Reynard threw down the hill was just epic, I love those...
I absolutely see what you mean, those guys throw it around like nothing! That whip Reynard threw down the hill was just epic, I love those old movies.
That's one of my favorite things I've ever seen on dirtbikes! I won tickets to washougal last year by posting that video and that specific whip down the ski jump! It's insane I love it.
bvm111
11/28/2014 7:56pm
I forgot what a bad ass Reynard was on a 125!!

That video brings back some serious memories, too bad that cut out befor the "Jeffro" segment!
jemcee
11/28/2014 8:10pm
I saw Sprung Monkey in Byron way back in the day prob not long after this came out and the singer goes "this is for the moto guys" and I was the only one that let out a 'YEEEW' haha then they played this song.. It was good shit!
JW381
11/28/2014 8:15pm
jemcee wrote:
I saw Sprung Monkey in Byron way back in the day prob not long after this came out and the singer goes "this is for the...
I saw Sprung Monkey in Byron way back in the day prob not long after this came out and the singer goes "this is for the moto guys" and I was the only one that let out a 'YEEEW' haha then they played this song.. It was good shit!
THAT'S AWESOME
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
11/28/2014 8:22pm
Kind hearted... This guy is just the best.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
11/28/2014 8:48pm
Agreed, looks like they could be riding downhill mtbs!

Ezza, yes Doug is the MAN.
jeffro503
11/28/2014 9:12pm
Awesome vids for sure. If any of you haven't seen Kent Howerton's boy Derek railing his KTM 250.....you're in for treat. The kid hammers on that thing Nothing but 2 stroke bliss during the whole video too.

MotoX85
11/28/2014 9:55pm
So are you gonna show the video of him on a 250, cause the bike in that video is either a 125 or a 250 with half the displacement.
jeffro503
11/28/2014 10:07pm
MotoX85 wrote:
So are you gonna show the video of him on a 250, cause the bike in that video is either a 125 or a 250 with...
So are you gonna show the video of him on a 250, cause the bike in that video is either a 125 or a 250 with half the displacement.
What? The video is Derek on a 2013 SX 250. It's what he's been riding for the past few years. Actually never saw him on video ride a 125. You're saying it sounds like a 125 ?
jamma10
11/29/2014 2:14am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2014 2:25am
jemcee wrote:
I saw Sprung Monkey in Byron way back in the day prob not long after this came out and the singer goes "this is for the...
I used to have an old surf video (Momentum) which included a Sprung Monkey track, around about '94 or something. I'd forgotten all about them until I clicked play on the clip above. Brought back good memories.

Motocross in the 90's was just fucking cool as eh! Felt really nostalgic watching that Youtube clip. Was this track on Organ Donors too?
gharmon
11/29/2014 2:59am
I watch this video and all I cant think of is how much faster the sport has become. I mean no disrespect to the pros of yester year and I don't give a rats ass about 2 stroke vs 4 stroke but shit I see fast c riders that cut up a track better than that now days with the 250f's (and I know it's a disadvantage). Yes, I know video vs live may contribute to that look/feel But man has the fast kids really gotten fast!! I wished I would have gotten my sons into racing sooner (the were 12 and 14) and we could have experienced the 2 strokes more.

We didn't come on the scene until like 04/05 and the only 125 left running was Metcalf so we missed the hey day for the tiddlers.

Like I said I'm not trying to make the ex pros look bad, just thinking how much faster the average racer is now.

I'm sure i'll get put in my place for posting this but oh well. It's early and i'm fixing to go outside and work on my grandson Cobra that he is getting from Santa Claus this year. Have a great day fellows!!
scooter5002
11/29/2014 10:14am
I was lucky enough to catch the Gainesville National in 95, as well as Daytona. Watching Lamson on that track was unbelievable. I snuck up to the top and middle of the track, not far from the landing of The Elevator, I was getting a birds eye view of the action. Actually, that era of racing is still superior to what we have now, in the F-bomb age, but that's just my opinion. Watched Albee go out in his debut, and show he has some speed. That is, until LaRocco decided to let him know there was at least ONE man that had speed as well.

When I say snuck, it's because nobody uncredentialed was allowed infield, you had to stand at tracks edge behind the fencing. I didn't buy a ticket to be herded like cattle into a corral, so fuck 'em. Walked ALL the way around the start corner to the far side of the quarry, then jumped the fence, and crossed the track. Was chatting with Stanton and Forte, caught most of 2 motos before I finally got popped by someone. Let's be serious, a 6' 6" red headed Scotsman kind of stands out in that crowd, but it was great while it lasted.
JW381
11/29/2014 11:50am
I was lucky enough to catch the Gainesville National in 95, as well as Daytona. Watching Lamson on that track was unbelievable. I snuck up to...
I was lucky enough to catch the Gainesville National in 95, as well as Daytona. Watching Lamson on that track was unbelievable. I snuck up to the top and middle of the track, not far from the landing of The Elevator, I was getting a birds eye view of the action. Actually, that era of racing is still superior to what we have now, in the F-bomb age, but that's just my opinion. Watched Albee go out in his debut, and show he has some speed. That is, until LaRocco decided to let him know there was at least ONE man that had speed as well.

When I say snuck, it's because nobody uncredentialed was allowed infield, you had to stand at tracks edge behind the fencing. I didn't buy a ticket to be herded like cattle into a corral, so fuck 'em. Walked ALL the way around the start corner to the far side of the quarry, then jumped the fence, and crossed the track. Was chatting with Stanton and Forte, caught most of 2 motos before I finally got popped by someone. Let's be serious, a 6' 6" red headed Scotsman kind of stands out in that crowd, but it was great while it lasted.
Cool story, scoot!
jemcee
11/29/2014 7:47pm
jemcee wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
I used to have an old surf video (Momentum) which included a Sprung Monkey track, around about '94 or something. I'd forgotten all about them until...
I used to have an old surf video (Momentum) which included a Sprung Monkey track, around about '94 or something. I'd forgotten all about them until I clicked play on the clip above. Brought back good memories.

Motocross in the 90's was just fucking cool as eh! Felt really nostalgic watching that Youtube clip. Was this track on Organ Donors too?
I was actually laughing while watching it.. I was enjoying watching an old video of couple of dudes riding 125's around a mx track more than any recent video I can remember haha no huge jumps and no super massive dangerous tricks just my nostalgia haha it's funny watching it I can still smell what new fox gear smelled like and can hear the big plastic bag the pants used to come in.. good shit
HD1200
11/30/2014 7:25am
I seen some nice whips and scrubs in the video, has to be photo shopped. JS7 invented the scrub
4the7ove
11/30/2014 1:35pm
jemcee wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
I used to have an old surf video (Momentum) which included a Sprung Monkey track, around about '94 or something. I'd forgotten all about them until...

jemcee wrote:
I was actually laughing while watching it.. I was enjoying watching an old video of couple of dudes riding 125's around a mx track more than...
I was actually laughing while watching it.. I was enjoying watching an old video of couple of dudes riding 125's around a mx track more than any recent video I can remember haha no huge jumps and no super massive dangerous tricks just my nostalgia haha it's funny watching it I can still smell what new fox gear smelled like and can hear the big plastic bag the pants used to come in.. good shit
Happen to remember the title of this song..?
jamma10
12/2/2014 9:32am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2014 9:38am
jamma10 wrote:

jemcee wrote:
I was actually laughing while watching it.. I was enjoying watching an old video of couple of dudes riding 125's around a mx track more than...
4the7ove wrote:
Happen to remember the title of this song..?
The track featured in the Terrafirma clip above is called No Solution.

It's on their album Situation Life.
The Rock
12/2/2014 10:55am
Very cool but one question: How did those guys stay on the track without Acerbis markers? It is obvious today that the sport cannot exisit without Acerbis track markers so I am baffled how they were able to hold races without them.

Post a reply to: Light hearted offseason topic

The Latest