Lierop closes.

keinz
From MXLarge.

The curtain has finally fallen for MAC Lierop, at least that is what a local newpaper in Holland has said. From June 1 there will be no motocross at the famous circuit. That is what the local mayor Veltman said during the committee meeting last night.

It seems the locals of Lierop have not been happy with the circuit being used for some time now, and with the village of Lierop right next to the circuit, it has finally be decided that the circuit will close in 2017.
|
ehr400
1/13/2017 10:18am
It really sucks, I dont get why they are more upset about that then the major highway that is next to it. People hate dirtbikes regardless.
Sidecar
1/13/2017 11:04am
Shame, another classic track going.
NVA57
Fantasy
1560th
1/13/2017 11:49am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2017 11:49am
ehr400 wrote:
It really sucks, I dont get why they are more upset about that then the major highway that is next to it. People hate dirtbikes regardless.
People in Holland whine about everything. People here choose to live right next to an airport and then proceed to complain about noise.
1/13/2017 11:54am
ehr400 wrote:
NVA57 wrote:
People in Holland whine about everything. People here choose to live right next to an airport and then proceed to complain about noise.
Same things happen over here.

The Shop

Beeby
1/13/2017 12:01pm
I've lived near a track, as a rider its great but I do have to sympathize with people that don't like the noise. I know I'll get bashed by the people that probably go to sleep listening to recordings of old two strokes, but I can see why its annoying.

Its the sports responsibility to reduce noise, improve its reputation etc, not the local people just to 'put up with it'.
roninho
1/13/2017 12:05pm
Beeby wrote:
I've lived near a track, as a rider its great but I do have to sympathize with people that don't like the noise. I know I'll...
I've lived near a track, as a rider its great but I do have to sympathize with people that don't like the noise. I know I'll get bashed by the people that probably go to sleep listening to recordings of old two strokes, but I can see why its annoying.

Its the sports responsibility to reduce noise, improve its reputation etc, not the local people just to 'put up with it'.
I wouldnt want a track to be build next to my house.

However we are talking about a track that has been there for decades and complaints are from people who bought a house long after the track was build. They knew the track was there when they moved in.
David934
1/13/2017 2:28pm
ehr400 wrote:
NVA57 wrote:
people in my city building houses close and close to our track and problems coming
zehn
1/13/2017 2:56pm
Something something electric bikes
mx_563
1/13/2017 3:16pm
Damn, I was there when Reed won in...I wanna say 2001. That sucks, man.
1/13/2017 3:24pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2017 3:25pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
How many times a year do they ride there?
mostly 2, sometimes 3 times a week, accept for winter time.
1/14/2017 3:53am
Have the same problems over here, people building close to tracks then getting them closed down. Tracks closing is the thing that will necessitate electric bikes....although I don't doubt there will be other reasons to get the tracks closed when noise isn't the problem
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
1/14/2017 4:58am
ehr400 wrote:
NVA57 wrote:
Sounds like Australia!

A actually live right next to a small airport, I can see it if I walk out of my house and down the street a bit. It is just over the other side of the train line.

These were both things I took into account when buying the land, I then proceeded to purchase the land and build a house some 15 years or so ago now.

I have not and will not every complain about either, actually don't hear the trains any more just toned them out the same as when my wife is having a whinge lol.

The planes though only small we still here, especially during summer, which is cool, quite like the sounds and compared to the FA 18's that flew over my house as a kid a pretty same quiet.

I just don't understand people who buy land then complain about the things that are already established around that area, We have lost one local track due to that situation.

It sucks that an Iconic track of world motocross could be lost for ever, because a few people don't like it.
1/14/2017 5:07am
There's a practice track over here, years ago it held race meetings. I was away from the sport for a number of years so I don't know when it turned into a practice track but anyway that has issues with noise, it can only open on Wednesdays and one Saturday every month. This track is under the flight path of a major airport, so I doubt noise is the real issue. I won't name the track but anyone who knows the track near Gatwick will know what I'm talking about.
mx836
1/14/2017 5:44am
ehr400 wrote:
NVA57 wrote:
Same things happen over here.
And in the US also. Local track I lived across from growing up just had to fight the town village to keep it's operating privilege after running for more than 40 years. All the people who built houses long after the track was there and holding races love to complain about noise and dust. Get the F out of here!! Laughing
mx836
1/14/2017 5:45am
zehn wrote:
People will complain about that too. They just don't want you having fun near them at all.
jg393
1/14/2017 7:17pm
zehn wrote:
mx836 wrote:
People will complain about that too. They just don't want you having fun near them at all.
at least we get to have fun sometimes
I just thank my lucky stars my life will be so boring and miserable that I have to ruin other people's fun just to occupy myself!

Fukin tree huggers!!

I made friends with a guy who runs a hotel not far from leirop,
GP weekend provides a strong float that sees them
Through choppy water
PEPE001
1/14/2017 8:09pm
Sucks, i liked to ride that track in the 90's.
Lived only 40 miles away from it.

Post a reply to: Lierop closes.

The Latest