Let's say someone has a Kickstarter Moto-ish project..

Edited Date/Time 4/7/2014 10:35am
...Where would he go about mentioning it to other moto types? It's a moto collectible.
|
4/6/2014 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2014 3:37am
I'm assuming since nobody has CAPS LOCKED at me to take it elsewhere, that it's ok to mention it here. So check it out kids. Your very own Dianna Dahlgren figure to go with your 1/6th Scale New Ray bikes.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/6/2014 3:59pm
Interesting idea. Did you license it with her?

The Shop

tobz
4/6/2014 4:12pm
Wow that's bloody creepy
4/6/2014 4:25pm
GuyB wrote:
Interesting idea. Did you license it with her?
I spoke to her in an email a while back and told her my plans for this and then I met her last week in St Louis and told her about it again. I told her I would send her one after they were made ( if I get the support ) and she said to email her when I had one to send, I'm guessing so she could tell me where to send it. I emailed her again before the kickstarter project went live to make sure she was ok with me doing it, but I haven't heard from her. If she says pull the plug on it, I'd do it. Seems like a waste for me to have the only one of these statues. That's why I figured I'd get backing from others to pay for copies and the molds and then they would get their own figure in exchange.
500guy
4/6/2014 4:51pm
You should paint that one up , send it to her and be done with it.
Socket946
4/6/2014 5:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2014 5:20pm
This is a very...odd project.

I'm assuming you spoke with her agent, and had her sign a contract giving you the rights to use her image?

Also, I am assuming you spoke with Monster, and got the OK to use their likeness as well?
Socket946
4/6/2014 5:25pm
BTW, being in that industry for almost 10 years, I have a slight feeling if you asked Monster for the OK to use their logo, they about told you to go F yourself. They are VERY sensitive about their brand, and are actually suing a FISH website over using the name, "Monster fish keepers" and having a large "M" as their logo.

How good are your lawyers? I am assuming you're setup as a corporation, right? This way Monster Bev sues your pants off, they can't get your personal finances..
mx757
4/6/2014 5:38pm
you could do something similar, with no logos or mention of her, if you wanted to without a problem. Just call it "30 second board girl" or something. Maybe instead of M logos just make green shapes or something? When you start trying to sell stuff with peoples logo, that you didn't license, that's when you run into issues. As for Dianna, just find some blonde, have her sign a contract with you, and say its the blonde you know, and not necessarily DD
4/6/2014 5:56pm
mx757 wrote:
you could do something similar, with no logos or mention of her, if you wanted to without a problem. Just call it "30 second board girl"...
you could do something similar, with no logos or mention of her, if you wanted to without a problem. Just call it "30 second board girl" or something. Maybe instead of M logos just make green shapes or something? When you start trying to sell stuff with peoples logo, that you didn't license, that's when you run into issues. As for Dianna, just find some blonde, have her sign a contract with you, and say its the blonde you know, and not necessarily DD
Brilliant!

I am set up as a corporation, that at this point has zero backers. So I guess if they sue that entity, they'll be sadly disappointed.

These aren't quite the responses I was hoping to get. Since this project is not set up to net me a profit, the reason I kept the quantity so low, I never thought that I would have to SERIOUSLY worry about litigation. (it was in the back of mind)

Dianna saw the sculpt through email and loved it. I met her last week and mentioned it to her and she genuinely seemed to want one. Seems to me that if she were so concerned about her image, she would have said, whoa Bub. You need to talk to my agent or something.
ford832
4/6/2014 6:11pm
Do any of the coverings come off and is there a blow up version? Woohoo Nah,j/k.......Wink
bryan
4/6/2014 6:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2014 6:20pm
mx757 wrote:
you could do something similar, with no logos or mention of her, if you wanted to without a problem. Just call it "30 second board girl"...
Yes yes yes, make it generic. Even if DD is cool with it, I'm sure someone in her circle will catch wind and make sure proper compensation is collected for using her likeness for profit.

And definitely kill the Monster logos. They'll ship you a cease and desist in no time!

I don't think corps *completely* protect you. I'd seriously remove the references so you don't have to find out first hand.
4/6/2014 6:21pm
mx757 wrote:
bryan wrote:
Yes yes yes, make it generic. Even if DD is cool with it, I'm sure someone in her circle will catch wind and make sure proper...
Yes yes yes, make it generic. Even if DD is cool with it, I'm sure someone in her circle will catch wind and make sure proper compensation is collected for using her likeness for profit.

And definitely kill the Monster logos. They'll ship you a cease and desist in no time!

I don't think corps *completely* protect you. I'd seriously remove the references so you don't have to find out first hand.
I'll amend it. Can't so anything to the sculpt. Other than grind off the logos.
Socket946
4/6/2014 7:23pm
I would remove your picture ASAP. Someone could drop a link and a copy of your sculpture to monster contact on their website, and land you into some issues before you even get started.

THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, I AM A RANDOM PERSON ON THE INTERNET.
4/6/2014 9:34pm
THis is creepy as shit.
Honestly why would anyone want to buy this?

You have a business case and plan?

Kudos for the initiative, but it is just strange.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
4/6/2014 9:43pm
THis is creepy as shit. Honestly why would anyone want to buy this? You have a business case and plan? Kudos for the initiative, but it...
THis is creepy as shit.
Honestly why would anyone want to buy this?

You have a business case and plan?

Kudos for the initiative, but it is just strange.
The kind of guy who would buy it also buys this

And looks like this.
4/7/2014 5:34am
Monster and REdBull are so restrictive on their logo usage, I wouldn't be surprised if Diana D. has signed a clause saying that she won't even be seen using that color and shade of green outside of her duties with them.
put_chug
4/7/2014 10:35am
I think I seen something similar to this at the adult video store.

Post a reply to: Let's say someone has a Kickstarter Moto-ish project..

The Latest