Let's look into the future 450 class...

RCB33
Fantasy
139th
Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 10:01am
5 years from now,who are the title contenders? Will Dungey still be a championship threat? Where are Webb,Musquin,the Martin bros, plessinger, bogle, and ciancurlio(sp) in the mix. Will it truly be the most stacked field ever or just the usual hype and injuries? What you guys think, I personally think it could make for some awesome racing. Hope to hear some good predictions.

RCB33
|
c_dub
8/30/2015 5:24pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2015 5:27pm
Dungey will be out of moto by then.
Musquin will be 30.

Contenders? Eli, Webb, & Plessinger. Eli because well...he's Eli. Plessinger because of his size (better suited for the 450) and what he showed at the end of this year; a lot of potential there. Webb because of his moxie. Kenny will still obviously be a viable threat as well. Oh, and Reedy Tongue
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/30/2015 5:24pm
RCB33 wrote:
5 years from now,who are the title contenders? Will Dungey still be a championship threat? Where are Webb,Musquin,the Martin bros, plessinger, bogle, and ciancurlio(sp) in the...
5 years from now,who are the title contenders? Will Dungey still be a championship threat? Where are Webb,Musquin,the Martin bros, plessinger, bogle, and ciancurlio(sp) in the mix. Will it truly be the most stacked field ever or just the usual hype and injuries? What you guys think, I personally think it could make for some awesome racing. Hope to hear some good predictions.

RCB33
Dungey will more than likely be retired before then.
51xc
8/30/2015 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2015 5:55pm
i think eli will dominant the mx series for years to come. in sx i see eli, barcia and roczen to be the top contender for the next 5 years. obviously dungey as well as long as he will race. i don't think we have another roczen or eli in the 250 class at the moment.

reed back to honda in 2018?

The Shop

Crush
8/30/2015 6:25pm
c_dub wrote:
Dungey will be out of moto by then. Musquin will be 30. Contenders? Eli, Webb, & Plessinger. Eli because well...he's Eli. Plessinger because of his size...
Musquin will be 30.

Contenders? Eli, Webb, & Plessinger. Eli because well...he's Eli. Plessinger because of his size (better suited for the 450) and what he showed at the end of this year; a lot of potential there. Webb because of his moxie. Kenny will still obviously be a viable threat as well. Oh, and Reedy Tongue
Aren't Marvin and Dungey the same age?
OldYZRider1
8/30/2015 6:30pm
In five years the 250f's will have taken over as the premier class. 450's will be the class that pro's past their peak but still with marketing benefits (i.e. still with contracts) race in.

In twenty years young riders of electric bikes will look in bewilderment and disdain at the loud, eco-unfriendly, mechanically complicated four stroke contraptions of this age. They will however admire the elegant simplicity, fragrant aroma and sweet song of the two stroke engines that truly evolved the sport until it was kicked to the curb by the rule making body of the day that was in the back pocket of the four stroke manufacturer's at the time.

Signed,
Nostradamos
c_dub
8/30/2015 6:53pm
c_dub wrote:
Dungey will be out of moto by then. Musquin will be 30. Contenders? Eli, Webb, & Plessinger. Eli because well...he's Eli. Plessinger because of his size...
Musquin will be 30.

Crush wrote:
Aren't Marvin and Dungey the same age?
Indeed.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/30/2015 7:06pm
Eli and Ken.
If Eli keeps riding outdoors like he did this year, I don't see anyone (on the planet) coming close to him.
SX: different story

We might as well see someone like Tonus (or other euros like ferrandis or gajser) in the 450 nationals by then.
250 nationals and sx in 5 years: Jorge Prado: stamp it!
watson
8/30/2015 7:41pm
It'll likely be the Tomac/Roczen/Webb/Adam C. show (provided Adam doesn't become another Robbie Reynard).
Crush
8/30/2015 8:01pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Eli and Ken. If Eli keeps riding outdoors like he did this year, I don't see anyone (on the planet) coming close to him. SX: different...
Eli and Ken.
If Eli keeps riding outdoors like he did this year, I don't see anyone (on the planet) coming close to him.

We might as well see someone like Tonus (or other euros like ferrandis or gajser) in the 450 nationals by then.
Ironic since he crashed and injured himself out of the series.
jeffro503
8/30/2015 8:22pm
That's a really tough question for this sport. You just never know if a guy will stay competitive , how they will deal with injuries , how they'll gel with their teams AND don't be surprised to see some kid that's just inside the top 10 in the 250's , light the damn world on fire after he moves up. Look at Febvre across the pond. The guy was a 4 - 7th place rider most times , gets on the 450 and he's a totally different animal.

Just sayin' , you never know.
51xc
8/30/2015 9:19pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Eli and Ken. If Eli keeps riding outdoors like he did this year, I don't see anyone (on the planet) coming close to him. SX: different...
Eli and Ken.

Crush wrote:
nothing ironic about that. guys crash and sometimes they crash hard. that doesn't take anything away from their abilities.

but interesting point was made about 250f taking over the premier class. i don't see it happening to be honest but that would change everything.
Lightning78
8/30/2015 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2015 9:32pm
I don't think AC will ever be that much of a factor not being a dick but he hasn't shown much at all definitely not the second coming of rc Webb has shown a lot of promise though
The Rock
8/31/2015 12:24am
crusty_xx wrote:
Eli and Ken.

Crush wrote:
Is Eli Tomac a modern day Darrell Schulz? I remember reading Darrel's father said his son's practice speed was faster than his competitors race speed. Darrell's dad also said something about getting Darrell to back it down slightly in order to finish instead of crashing out.

Eli beat himself in both SX and MX this year IMO by over riding. Next year will be epic if he can reign in his aggressiveness ever so slightly. Love watching Eli ride.
VET176
8/31/2015 12:51am
you guys forgot..........Herlings!
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
8/31/2015 6:02am
VET176 wrote:
you guys forgot..........Herlings!
If his body will hold up.
RG1
8/31/2015 6:13am
I think Plessinger will be a force on a 450
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
8/31/2015 6:25am
In 5 years Tomac will be 27 and retiring, Ken will be matured , listening to the people atound him an will have a solid program and will be the defending supercross champ. Ciancirrillo, Webb, Martin and Moose will all have wins here and there but Ken will be champ. Martin and Plessinger will be beast's outdoors.

But the talk will be about three guys, how fast Sexton and Forkner are going to be as first year 450 riders and how many nationals Carson Mumford will win in hus rookie season.
h&m_cycle
8/31/2015 6:33am
crusty_xx wrote:
Eli and Ken.

Crush wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Is Eli Tomac a modern day Darrell Schulz? I remember reading Darrel's father said his son's practice speed was faster than his competitors race speed. Darrell's...
Is Eli Tomac a modern day Darrell Schulz? I remember reading Darrel's father said his son's practice speed was faster than his competitors race speed. Darrell's dad also said something about getting Darrell to back it down slightly in order to finish instead of crashing out.

Eli beat himself in both SX and MX this year IMO by over riding. Next year will be epic if he can reign in his aggressiveness ever so slightly. Love watching Eli ride.
There's a reason why most rental car companies don't want to rent to anyone under the age of 25...

Dungey has the maturity of a 50 year old... Looks to me like Joe Gibbs or someone had a talk with Barcia also...

Some times the brain needs to catch up... The skill level of these 1st. tier riders is unbelievable...
Starcrossed
8/31/2015 6:39am
If nothing derails the Forkner train, he could have something for the 450 contenders in five years.
Crush
8/31/2015 7:13am
51xc wrote:
nothing ironic about that. guys crash and sometimes they crash hard. that doesn't take anything away from their abilities. but interesting point was made about 250f...
nothing ironic about that. guys crash and sometimes they crash hard. that doesn't take anything away from their abilities.

but interesting point was made about 250f taking over the premier class. i don't see it happening to be honest but that would change everything.
He said if he keeps riding like he did... And riding like he did, he crashed himself out. That is pretty ironic.
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
8/31/2015 8:44am
Will bloss be a threat on the 450 at all you guys think?
Flatliner
8/31/2015 9:11am
I don't think AC will ever be that much of a factor not being a dick but he hasn't shown much at all definitely not the...
I don't think AC will ever be that much of a factor not being a dick but he hasn't shown much at all definitely not the second coming of rc Webb has shown a lot of promise though
He's won races right off the bat, just can't stay healthy.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/31/2015 9:41am
Crush wrote:
He said if he keeps riding like he did... And riding like he did, he crashed himself out. That is pretty ironic.
I think you know what I wanted to say.

Let's say if he still knows how to ride like that in 5 years.
He's free to back it down and go 2 sec a lap slower and still win (judging from this year, ofcourse ROczen and co might have caught up a little by then)
resetjet
8/31/2015 10:01am
I am just hoping that buy Bubba having this time off, something clicked. He is what 28 or 29, so he has a few years left........So fun to watch him ride when he is on it.

Eli is the next JS Fast but crashes out
Dungey is the next CR, even better, so fast but yet consistent.

These guys are going so fast now, given the same tracks and tech, gonna be hard to not have a crash out of series of the tier 1 riders. We have seen that the last few years.

Post a reply to: Let's look into the future 450 class...

The Latest