Lets get ready for LA Supercross

bmoto816
1/21/2011 11:12am
Good stuff Dan, I really enjoyed it!
mxb2
1/21/2011 11:16am
As always good stuff DD, love the pic of the start! Your good work is appreciated!
silvershoes
1/21/2011 11:33am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2011 11:38am
Aside from the obvious

I think the article is a bit unfavorable to Dungey. You state this about Dungey:

Then, there’s Mr. “At the End of the Day” Dungey. In this reporter’s humble opinion, we are quickly approaching the now-or-never moment at which the Rockstar/Makita/Suzuki rider needs to start acting like he is “The Man.” These first two weeks have done nothing but fuel the “Dungey just got lucky” contingent, and in the process, he is slowly losing his validity as a threat. If that trend continues, it will be a long, uphill climb for Dungey.

but this about Reed who has not rode as well as Dungey:

Another player who placed in the top five both weeks of the series is the two-time former Supercross champ, Chad Reed. With a fifth at A1 and a solid forth in Phoenix after a mid pack starts, expect to see Chad on the box sooner than later. Chad is a winner and winners do just that: win. Chad has never been a reckless risk taker, tending towards calculated strategy. With a heat race win in Phoenix he is looking like his comfort level is close to where it needs to be to take it to that next level on his TwoTwo Motorsports/Bell Ray Honda.

Two races in and Dungey is at the now or never point in the season? Color me confused. Reed's a winner in your opinion and his rides respectable (which I agree with 100%), while Dungey needs to get it in gear while you mockingly refer to him as "The Man". Dungey has plenty of time to get some wins and push his points forward, we are only two races in and Villopoto didn't kick it in high gear until about five races in last season. In this author's humble opinion, your analysis is way off since Dungey has already proved he can run the leaders pace.

Props to Stewart, Villopoto and the rest of the gang for what is and will continue to be an awesome season of racing. But reporters should be a little less biased in their reporting in my humble opinion.

txmxer
1/21/2011 11:47am
Aside from the obviousI think the article is a bit unfavorable to Dungey. You state this about Dungey:Then, there’s Mr. “At the End of the...
Aside from the obvious

I think the article is a bit unfavorable to Dungey. You state this about Dungey:

Then, there’s Mr. “At the End of the Day” Dungey. In this reporter’s humble opinion, we are quickly approaching the now-or-never moment at which the Rockstar/Makita/Suzuki rider needs to start acting like he is “The Man.” These first two weeks have done nothing but fuel the “Dungey just got lucky” contingent, and in the process, he is slowly losing his validity as a threat. If that trend continues, it will be a long, uphill climb for Dungey.

Another player who placed in the top five both weeks of the series is the two-time former Supercross champ, Chad Reed. With a fifth at A1 and a solid forth in Phoenix after a mid pack starts, expect to see Chad on the box sooner than later. Chad is a winner and winners do just that: win. Chad has never been a reckless risk taker, tending towards calculated strategy. With a heat race win in Phoenix he is looking like his comfort level is close to where it needs to be to take it to that next level on his TwoTwo Motorsports/Bell Ray Honda.

Two races in and Dungey is at the now or never point in the season? Color me confused. Reed's a winner in your opinion and his rides respectable (which I agree with 100%), while Dungey needs to get it in gear while you mockingly refer to him as "The Man". Dungey has plenty of time to get some wins and push his points forward, we are only two races in and Villopoto didn't kick it in high gear until about five races in last season. In this author's humble opinion, your analysis is way off since Dungey has already proved he can run the leaders pace.

Props to Stewart, Villopoto and the rest of the gang for what is and will continue to be an awesome season of racing. But reporters should be a little less biased in their reporting in my humble opinion.

good call about the obvious bias between comments about Reed and Dungey.

The Shop

Mstock
1/21/2011 11:51am
Aside from the obviousI think the article is a bit unfavorable to Dungey. You state this about Dungey:Then, there’s Mr. “At the End of the...
Aside from the obvious

X 2 on the Dungey slamfest. Yep. His career is over (at age 20) if he does not win out this season.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
1/21/2011 11:52am
Playing devils advocate here, but DanDunes does have a point. Reed and Dungey are in completely different situations.

Dungey is defending a championship and has had decent starts, and hasnt been able to run the pace. So while his results are better he has higher expectations

Reed is racing for a brand new team and is essentially a "privateer" effort. Reed has also had horrible starts and had to work his way through the pack.
silvershoes
1/21/2011 12:10pm
Playing devils advocate here, but DanDunes does have a point. Reed and Dungey are in completely different situations. Dungey is defending a championship and has had...
Playing devils advocate here, but DanDunes does have a point. Reed and Dungey are in completely different situations.

Dungey is defending a championship and has had decent starts, and hasnt been able to run the pace. So while his results are better he has higher expectations

Reed is racing for a brand new team and is essentially a "privateer" effort. Reed has also had horrible starts and had to work his way through the pack.
I agree that there are different expectations for Dungey and Reed, with more heat being on the guy holding the number one plate. However, Chad Reed is a former champ who has the ability to ride every bit as fast as Stewart, Dungey, Villopoto and the rest of the pack. My comments were directed at the mocking, if not outright disparaging in tone, remarks made toward Dungey while at the same time being sympathetic to Reed who has not performed as well even given his conditions this year.

Dungey has ran the pace, the proof is here and here.

It seems to me that there are a select group of people who don't like Dungey for ________ (insert very dubious reason) and it's pretty obvious from their comments that it's not because they are being fair-handed and objective about him.
DanDunes818
1/21/2011 4:07pm
Guys.. I call it like I see it.. All preseason I got slammed for not putting Reed in the top three as a Reed hater. Now I'm a Dungey hater and a Reed lover..??

DanDunes818
1/21/2011 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2011 4:33pm
I personally think Dungey needs to step it up now before he falls into a slump of being a 3rd to 5th place guy.. That's all i meant..You guys know that can happen quickly.

OhMYFckinGod !! I still can't believe Davey Coombs put a link to my write up in Racerhead..

>Wooooo HOOOOOOO

Nothing can be said to change my mood!!!!

Cloud has been surpassed. On to cloud 15.
Torco1
1/21/2011 4:20pm
I personally think Dungey needs to step it up now before he falls into a slump of being a 3rd to 5th place guy.. That's all...
I personally think Dungey needs to step it up now before he falls into a slump of being a 3rd to 5th place guy.. That's all i meant..You guys know that can happen quickly.

OhMYFckinGod !! I still can't believe Davey Coombs put a link to my write up in Racerhead..

>Wooooo HOOOOOOO

Nothing can be said to change my mood!!!!

Cloud has been surpassed. On to cloud 15.
Right on.......congrats! If you want to write articles and have them posted you cant sugarcoat them and write what everyone wants to hear......otherwise they would be boring and wont get posted.
SoCalMX70
1/21/2011 4:21pm
You spelled fourth "forth" in the paragraph about Reed. Besides that hiccup I like the article. I was actually confused when reading it knowing that you're a Reed hater Wink

Good stuff!
DanDunes818
1/21/2011 4:29pm
Thanks and thx.. For the hick up point out and the compliment.
silvershoes
1/21/2011 4:35pm
Guys.. I call it like I see it.. All preseason I got slammed for not putting Reed in the top three as a Reed hater. Now...
Guys.. I call it like I see it.. All preseason I got slammed for not putting Reed in the top three as a Reed hater. Now I'm a Dungey hater and a Reed lover..??

Dan,

I'm not slamming you, just giving my thoughts. Congratulations on the shout out from RacerX, that must feel great!
DanDunes818
1/21/2011 5:50pm
Guys.. I call it like I see it.. All preseason I got slammed for not putting Reed in the top three as a Reed hater. Now...

Dan,

I'm not slamming you, just giving my thoughts. Congratulations on the shout out from RacerX, that must feel great!
It's all good.. Like I said i'm on cloud 9 and for sure wasn't upset by any comments. I just find it comical that Matthes and Weege and every other Journalist, including nerd posts their write ups on here and one of your own 5000 post Vital guys does it and it's spam.

I, like a lot of you am just a fan that's trying to keep this sport as close to me as I can.

Post a reply to: Lets get ready for LA Supercross

The Latest