Let Weston Peick ride the Suzuki!!

Edited Date/Time 7/12/2012 4:58pm
Ok this is my plea with the powers to be...

With Metty and now James out, put Weston Peick on the bike! He's been riding the RMZ450, which he bought himself, for a few months now and is comfortable on it. He's ready and willing. Let's make it happen.
|
mauidex
7/12/2012 2:28pm
man if they don't step up to the plate and give Alessi any help now that bridge must have been burned very very deep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/12/2012 2:30pm
mauidex wrote:
man if they don't step up to the plate and give Alessi any help now that bridge must have been burned very very deep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's just say not many teams like Tony Alessi, especially Suzuki.
7/12/2012 2:31pm
mauidex wrote:
They should do that as well. Give Alessi the support he deserves and give Weston the other bike to ride.

There, all the problems in the world have been solved. ;-)
7/12/2012 2:36pm
mauidex wrote:
BattlezFMX wrote:
They should do that as well. Give Alessi the support he deserves and give Weston the other bike to ride. There, all the problems in the...
They should do that as well. Give Alessi the support he deserves and give Weston the other bike to ride.

There, all the problems in the world have been solved. ;-)
Sorry but I don't think Alessi "deserves" anything. You get what you work for. Alessi had a factory ride his entire life and for the first time he has to ride a bike that doesn't sit under a factory tent. If he and his wacko father hadn't of pissed everyone in the industry off maybe he would be riding a better bike.

The Shop

mauidex
7/12/2012 2:40pm
agree with you Nate.............truth hurts sometimes..........

BUT if I were Suzuki honchos I'd be figurin out a way to make everyone happy and get the brand............(and the only guy who "deserves" it right now, due to his 2012 PERFORMANCE, is Alessi)..........every shot possible of at least trying to stop the Dungenator!!
7/12/2012 2:57pm
We can debate whether he "deserves" it or not, but truth is he is the only Suzuki putting results up this year in SX and MX.

But let's please bring this back to what it was supposed to be!

Getting Weston a shot on one of 2 empty bikes!!! He's a hard working kid and is ready and able to do so.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
7/12/2012 3:02pm
It would be cool if Weston got the ride!
MelonFan123
7/12/2012 3:12pm
Alessi?!? reading a post like this makes me do the face-palm of all face-palms...

do you guys not know how contracts work? Unsure
mauidex
7/12/2012 3:16pm
really understand how contracts work as I've written a few in my day...............as I said figure out a way to make "everyone" happy....like maybe yellow plastics with MC signage...........

just to give MA and Suzuki the best possible HELP to battle with Dungey.......the 22 program worked pretty well.........I'm sure Suzuki is as capable to do it with MC.......
toomey706
7/12/2012 3:28pm
Mike has grown up alot and props to him, he has made some big strides over the last year as a man. As far as Weston, I know this kid well, and what he needs is the backing and someone to demand results from him. He's intense, driven and focused beyond belief. Maybe he needs a TV show or some pretty hair to get a ride though. The kid's all business(Weston) and wants to win, give him a shot. He consistently ran top ten in the second half of SX, and made every main except 3 all year. What else does he need to do to get some support? I thought Valli would have held onto him for outdoors but who knows.
MX Culture
7/12/2012 4:23pm
Weston is doing washougal on his own next week, after that, they'll pick him up hopefully.
PJ205
7/12/2012 4:27pm
Its funny how this thread immediately went from Weston to Mike Alessi.
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
7/12/2012 4:36pm
Serious question time.

Each year there are numerous threads in here that have people saying "Give Weston a ride", "Give Weston a shot", "He deserves it", etc. both before Supercross and the Nationals. It's not like this kid is unknown to the teams. For whatever reason, he seems to be the odd man out year in and year out. Somehow, all of the interweb know-it-all keyboard kings seem to think he "deserves" a Factory bike, and for whatever reason, the Factory teams are repeatedly telling you guys that he isn't, by signing someone else instead. I don't know if you guys try hyping him up because his dad is on this forum, or if he's legitimately what you folks say and think he is.

So what's the deal, is the kid worthy? If so, why does nobody pick him up at the beginning of the season?

Carry on...
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
7/12/2012 4:41pm
Ah, Weecks is out now. Shouldn't be long before WP gets brought up in that thread too.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
7/12/2012 4:50pm
T-Fish wrote:
Serious question time. Each year there are numerous threads in here that have people saying "Give Weston a ride", "Give Weston a shot", "He deserves it"...
Serious question time.

Each year there are numerous threads in here that have people saying "Give Weston a ride", "Give Weston a shot", "He deserves it", etc. both before Supercross and the Nationals. It's not like this kid is unknown to the teams. For whatever reason, he seems to be the odd man out year in and year out. Somehow, all of the interweb know-it-all keyboard kings seem to think he "deserves" a Factory bike, and for whatever reason, the Factory teams are repeatedly telling you guys that he isn't, by signing someone else instead. I don't know if you guys try hyping him up because his dad is on this forum, or if he's legitimately what you folks say and think he is.

So what's the deal, is the kid worthy? If so, why does nobody pick him up at the beginning of the season?

Carry on...
I get what you are saying T-Fish, for myself I enjoy seeing privateers get a chance on a factory bike. When I was racing the road race nationals I would have been super stoked to get a chance on a top level bike. It has worked out good at times in the past for the factories and it is usually interesting and cool to see what happens.
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
7/12/2012 4:58pm
T-Fish wrote:
Serious question time. Each year there are numerous threads in here that have people saying "Give Weston a ride", "Give Weston a shot", "He deserves it"...
Serious question time.

Carry on...
gsxrcr28 wrote:
I get what you are saying T-Fish, for myself I enjoy seeing privateers get a chance on a factory bike. When I was racing the road...
I get what you are saying T-Fish, for myself I enjoy seeing privateers get a chance on a factory bike. When I was racing the road race nationals I would have been super stoked to get a chance on a top level bike. It has worked out good at times in the past for the factories and it is usually interesting and cool to see what happens.
It's always cool to see, especially when it works out good in the end.

Post a reply to: Let Weston Peick ride the Suzuki!!

The Latest