Let The Silly Season Games Begin!

davistld01
Edited Date/Time 9/16/2015 5:12pm
Seems to me that there are not a lot of current team riders that are at the end of their respective contracts that will make any moves for the 2016 SX/MX season. There are question marks like Weimer, Bogle, Reed (to some degree), and a few others that we're waiting to see where they'll land...but although there are some 250 guys that will be moving up, I can't think of many who will be looking (or are in a position to be looking) to make a move.

So...let the rumors start here, and we'll see who's right when the smoke clears!
|
Sandberm
8/24/2015 7:41am
Well, just from reading you guys posts

-Tomac to Kawi
-Hahn back to kawi because Bogle wants too much $$$
-Bogle to MCR
-Goerke to team Albertson
-Bisceglia to team suzuki 250
Sully22
8/24/2015 7:46am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2015 7:46am
No way bogle to MCR....Is that an actual serious silly season rumor? Seems like it'd be a career killer. Not sure what options he has available to him, but it seems like most top riders would avoid the MCR team like the plague.
Sandberm
8/24/2015 7:50am
Sully22 wrote:
No way bogle to MCR....Is that an actual serious silly season rumor? Seems like it'd be a career killer. Not sure what options he has available...
No way bogle to MCR....Is that an actual serious silly season rumor? Seems like it'd be a career killer. Not sure what options he has available to him, but it seems like most top riders would avoid the MCR team like the plague.
I dont know...that ek kid from Canada says he knows more about mcr then anyone( I think he thinks knows a lot about everything actually) and he said in another thread that it could happen.

Its the most interesting potential move for sure. Anything Motoconcepts related is interesting actually.
machine
8/24/2015 7:51am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2015 7:51am
Bogle should go to Kawi..not to be mean, but lets face it, Hahn isn't going to work out there. Tomac and Bogle would be an awesome team.

The Shop

machine
8/24/2015 7:53am
Does Hill have another year at KTM?....Martin to KTM maybe?
Sully22
8/24/2015 7:58am
Let's say MCR offered him 250k a year and Kawi offered like 60k a year...where would you go? I'd go with Kawi in a heartbeat.

FYI... i have zero knowledge of bogles situation, only throwing this out there as an example.
Sandberm
8/24/2015 8:00am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2015 8:00am
machine wrote:
I think Hill has another year on KTM but does he move over to the TroyLee division of KTM if in fact they are going to become the official KTM 250 team?

Martin and Martin and Webb and Plesinger are team star yamaha
Sandberm
8/24/2015 8:05am
Sully22 wrote:
Let's say MCR offered him 250k a year and Kawi offered like 60k a year...where would you go? I'd go with Kawi in a heartbeat. FYI...
Let's say MCR offered him 250k a year and Kawi offered like 60k a year...where would you go? I'd go with Kawi in a heartbeat.

FYI... i have zero knowledge of bogles situation, only throwing this out there as an example.
Interesting scenario. How much less...if anything...would a rider take to be on Team Kawi rather that MCR.

Going with your 250k hypothetical from MCR.....I'll say I would need at least 175k plus bonusses from Kawi to go to Kawi over MCR.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
8/24/2015 8:28am
machine wrote:
Sandberm wrote:
I think Hill has another year on KTM but does he move over to the TroyLee division of KTM if in fact they are going to...
I think Hill has another year on KTM but does he move over to the TroyLee division of KTM if in fact they are going to become the official KTM 250 team?

I believe Hill will be out of the Troy Lee KTM rig next year. But I'm curious as to what happens with his Fox deal at that point.
h&m_cycle
8/24/2015 8:36am
Bogle thinks he's a 1st tier rider on a 450?
machine
8/24/2015 8:36am
Doesn't seem like there will be a lot of musical chairs this year due to existing contracts. I thought Martin said he was moving up to the 450's no?
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
8/24/2015 8:39am
machine wrote:
Doesn't seem like there will be a lot of musical chairs this year due to existing contracts. I thought Martin said he was moving up to...
Doesn't seem like there will be a lot of musical chairs this year due to existing contracts. I thought Martin said he was moving up to the 450's no?
I read somewhere that Martin would be moving up to 450s for 2016 Outdoors but during the final moto on Saturday during the broadcast Weege said that he'd be back next year to defend his #1 plate so I'm not sure what his plans are.
Starcrossed
8/24/2015 8:42am
Two factory riders from the 450 class, that I believe remain to be signed for 2016, are Tickle & Nicoletti. Somebody made reference to Tickle's situation on the TV broadcast...think it was Langston who said that they were working on an extension, but I can't recall specifically. There was some talk a few weeks back, on this site, about Nicoletti going over to the GPs, but it didn't seem to be gaining much traction.
machine
8/24/2015 8:49am
Two factory riders from the 450 class, that I believe remain to be signed for 2016, are Tickle & Nicoletti. Somebody made reference to Tickle's situation...
Two factory riders from the 450 class, that I believe remain to be signed for 2016, are Tickle & Nicoletti. Somebody made reference to Tickle's situation on the TV broadcast...think it was Langston who said that they were working on an extension, but I can't recall specifically. There was some talk a few weeks back, on this site, about Nicoletti going over to the GPs, but it didn't seem to be gaining much traction.
I would be shocked if RCH didn't resign him, he's like the perfect 2nd guy on any team.
machine
8/24/2015 8:50am
machine wrote:
Doesn't seem like there will be a lot of musical chairs this year due to existing contracts. I thought Martin said he was moving up to...
731chopper wrote:
I read somewhere that Martin would be moving up to 450s for 2016 Outdoors but during the final moto on Saturday during the broadcast Weege said...
I read somewhere that Martin would be moving up to 450s for 2016 Outdoors but during the final moto on Saturday during the broadcast Weege said that he'd be back next year to defend his #1 plate so I'm not sure what his plans are.
Yeah i know, I thought he actually said somewhere "he was looking forward to moving up to 450's next year"...i'm confused...Blink
8/24/2015 8:52am
machine wrote:
731chopper wrote:
I read somewhere that Martin would be moving up to 450s for 2016 Outdoors but during the final moto on Saturday during the broadcast Weege said...
No Martin is still staying on the 250F. He probably wont move up until he points out in SX.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/24/2015 9:09am
machine wrote:
Sandberm wrote:
I think Hill has another year on KTM but does he move over to the TroyLee division of KTM if in fact they are going to...

mattyhamz2 wrote:
I believe Hill will be out of the Troy Lee KTM rig next year. But I'm curious as to what happens with his Fox deal at...
I believe Hill will be out of the Troy Lee KTM rig next year. But I'm curious as to what happens with his Fox deal at that point.
Hill will move over to TLD. His Fox deal isn't a personal deal, it was a team deal with KTM for Marvin and Justin to runs boots and gear. Although, Justin has a helmet and goggle deal that will have to be ended early if they went through next year.
Flatliner
8/24/2015 9:11am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2015 9:12am
machine wrote:
Bogle should go to Kawi..not to be mean, but lets face it, Hahn isn't going to work out there. Tomac and Bogle would be an awesome...
Bogle should go to Kawi..not to be mean, but lets face it, Hahn isn't going to work out there. Tomac and Bogle would be an awesome team.
Hahn hasnt even had a chance to show what he can do yet. And he's on a two year deal anyways.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
8/24/2015 9:12am
Sandberm wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
I believe Hill will be out of the Troy Lee KTM rig next year. But I'm curious as to what happens with his Fox deal at...
ML512 wrote:
Hill will move over to TLD. His Fox deal isn't a personal deal, it was a team deal with KTM for Marvin and Justin to runs...
Hill will move over to TLD. His Fox deal isn't a personal deal, it was a team deal with KTM for Marvin and Justin to runs boots and gear. Although, Justin has a helmet and goggle deal that will have to be ended early if they went through next year.
Thanks for clearing that up!
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/24/2015 9:15am
Pourcel signed on to stay here in the U.S.
machine
8/24/2015 9:19am
machine wrote:
Bogle should go to Kawi..not to be mean, but lets face it, Hahn isn't going to work out there. Tomac and Bogle would be an awesome...
Flatliner wrote:
Hahn hasnt even had a chance to show what he can do yet. And he's on a two year deal anyways.
I disagree, but we will see, he's got another year to prove he's worthy of that ride. I think Bogles got more upside potential on a 450.
8/24/2015 9:32am
machine wrote:
Flatliner wrote:
machine wrote:
I disagree, but we will see, he's got another year to prove he's worthy of that ride. I think Bogles got more upside potential on a...
I disagree, but we will see, he's got another year to prove he's worthy of that ride. I think Bogles got more upside potential on a 450.
Hahn has the Trey Canard effect on teams. He's the nice guy that has bad luck. Has Trey deserved to keep his spot at honda since 2011? Depends on who you ask but it's nice for a team to have a rider that's capable of getting that rock hard ride hard award.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
8/24/2015 9:35am
Bell & Durham - privateers for 2016
Probably correct on Bell being a privateer but the poor guy has to sit out till next year outdoors I think to heal a head injury. The time off would do him some good.
8/24/2015 9:36am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2015 9:36am
GuyB wrote:
Pourcel signed on to stay here in the U.S.
...that's gonna be fun to watch in SX...
davistld01
8/24/2015 9:47am
Sully22 wrote:
Let's say MCR offered him 250k a year and Kawi offered like 60k a year...where would you go? I'd go with Kawi in a heartbeat. FYI...

But...$250K would go a long way toward learning the ropes in the 450 class. If he wasn't successful...he wouldn't be burning any factory bridges. And at least he'd have the factory option if he actually did well, and he would be a great negotiating point salary wise.
machine
8/24/2015 9:50am
Sully22 wrote:

davistld01 wrote:
But...$250K would go a long way toward learning the ropes in the 450 class. If he wasn't successful...he wouldn't be burning any factory bridges. And at...
But...$250K would go a long way toward learning the ropes in the 450 class. If he wasn't successful...he wouldn't be burning any factory bridges. And at least he'd have the factory option if he actually did well, and he would be a great negotiating point salary wise.
That's like sayin working at McDonalds will get you a job as a Chef in a fancy restaurant..

Just messin with ya....Grinning
Titan1
8/24/2015 10:09am
I think we fans sometimes underestimate the value of a main event/overall win (or we certainly look at them different that teams do), with regards to getting and keeping the factory rides.
Jt$
8/24/2015 11:17am
Flatliner wrote:
1 year deal.
Hi Side
8/24/2015 11:43am
What about the KTM TLD team? Are all the current guys on the team locked in for next year?

Post a reply to: Let The Silly Season Games Begin!

The Latest