"Let Brock Bye"

Ozy
If you don't get the reference you're not a fossil like me!

I'm surprised how upset a large number of Ryan Dungey fans are about last night. Here's my question: Should Eli Tomac fans be upset that Team KTM and Mooosekin because he didn't pass Dungey when he was clearly faster? That cost Eli 2 points
|
MR. X
4/2/2017 7:28pm
You could watch the post race presser and hear marvin say he got tight and fell off the pace . Unless you're calling him a liar.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
4/2/2017 7:31pm
If RD was in the lead and Tomac was in second then MM would have raced differently. Maybe. MM said he was sick. Then why did MM pass RD earlier in the year but not now? Because points are tight now? If true only MM would know. No way that would stay secret if two people knew.
Johnny Ringo
4/2/2017 7:31pm
MR. X wrote:
You could watch the post race presser and hear marvin say he got tight and fell off the pace . Unless you're calling him a liar.
He's not going to admit he laid up
MR. X
4/2/2017 7:32pm
So you're calling him a liar ?

The Shop

jnickell
Fantasy
1836th
4/2/2017 7:33pm
So RD reducing the gap between him and Tomac had nothing to do with MM dropping off?
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
4/2/2017 7:35pm
MR. X wrote:
I think he's saying if Marvin did let up. He wouldn't admit to it.

It's one of those things, only MM and possibly The Man know the truth.
Johnny Ringo
4/2/2017 7:36pm
MR. X wrote:
No. He may have gotten tight but that's not why he got 3rd.

He just left it out.
Berm
Fantasy
136th
4/2/2017 7:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 7:37pm
I wouldn't say this one race proves Marvin let Dungey stay ahead of him. It's one race, where Dungey appeared to be faster than Marvin all night (heat/main lap times).

You're looking for the result to confirm your suspicions, but you likely held those suspicions last week and the result would seemingly have confirmed they weren't doing it then.

I think the more plausible explanation is that Marvin is telling the truth.
agn5009
4/2/2017 7:37pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 7:38pm
KurtJ99 wrote:
If RD was in the lead and Tomac was in second then MM would have raced differently. Maybe. MM said he was sick. Then why did...
If RD was in the lead and Tomac was in second then MM would have raced differently. Maybe. MM said he was sick. Then why did MM pass RD earlier in the year but not now? Because points are tight now? If true only MM would know. No way that would stay secret if two people knew.
Dungey has passed MM on numerous occasions. You're saying since MM passed Dungey maybe a total of 3 times his whole career that means MM is always faster? Different race, different night. Dungey was matching Tomacs pace, which is something that hasn't happened much this year. It's amazing that people just can't understand that Dungey was riding great (Ask Tomac how well Dungey was riding.) Instead people make excuses and say MM laid an egg for Dungey. Get real, Dungey has probably beat MM 90% of the time they've raced each other.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
4/2/2017 7:44pm
Ozy wrote:
If you don't get the reference you're not a fossil like me! I'm surprised how upset a large number of Ryan Dungey fans are about last...
If you don't get the reference you're not a fossil like me!

I'm surprised how upset a large number of Ryan Dungey fans are about last night. Here's my question: Should Eli Tomac fans be upset that Team KTM and Mooosekin because he didn't pass Dungey when he was clearly faster? That cost Eli 2 points
I like both Tomac and Dungey. Heck I like all of the riders except for Barcia, Friese, and now Reed. That said, both Dungey and Tomac were really pushing the pace. People saying Marvin intentionally dropped back have no legit proof of him doing so. Tomac was getting a little bit of a gap early to get out to a ~3.5 s lead but then started making mistakes when he couldn't get away any further than Dungey. Tomac's mistakes were easily noticeable in person and that was what let Dungey close the gap on him. Both of those guys were really pushing. That's why I think Dungey was so pleased at the end of the race - for the first time in a long time, he could actually run with Tomac and he saw Eli making the mistakes so he knows he can do it. Prior to last night, I think Dungey was legitimately worried he couldn't run Eli's pace. Now he knows he can again and I suspect he'll be plenty motivated now. But as for Marvin, I just didn't see it past the first few laps. In the first few laps he was right there, but he couldn't run that pace down the stretch. Anyone suggesting Marvin just dropped back due to team orders have no firm proof. Is it possible? Sure, but I didn't see it.
Johnny Ringo
4/2/2017 7:46pm
agn5009 wrote:
Dungey has passed MM on numerous occasions. You're saying since MM passed Dungey maybe a total of 3 times his whole career that means MM is...
Dungey has passed MM on numerous occasions. You're saying since MM passed Dungey maybe a total of 3 times his whole career that means MM is always faster? Different race, different night. Dungey was matching Tomacs pace, which is something that hasn't happened much this year. It's amazing that people just can't understand that Dungey was riding great (Ask Tomac how well Dungey was riding.) Instead people make excuses and say MM laid an egg for Dungey. Get real, Dungey has probably beat MM 90% of the time they've raced each other.
The last 4 races Marv has had Dunge's number, and now he all of a sudden gets dropped by 20 seconds? Ok.

MR. X
4/2/2017 7:47pm
MR. X wrote:

He just left it out.
I honestly don't care who wins , i root for Dungey but just enjoy good racing . The fishing has just been too good since Reed road blocked dungey .
Johnny Ringo
4/2/2017 7:48pm
MR. X wrote:

He just left it out.
MR. X wrote:
I honestly don't care who wins , i root for Dungey but just enjoy good racing . The fishing has just been too good since Reed...
I honestly don't care who wins , i root for Dungey but just enjoy good racing . The fishing has just been too good since Reed road blocked dungey .
Nice backpedal douche
jnickell
Fantasy
1836th
4/2/2017 7:50pm
agn5009 wrote:
Dungey has passed MM on numerous occasions. You're saying since MM passed Dungey maybe a total of 3 times his whole career that means MM is...
The last 4 races Marv has had Dunge's number, and now he all of a sudden gets dropped by 20 seconds? Ok.

With your logic, ET was allowing RD to get within 1.7 seconds. This has to be true since Tomac has been yarding RD for the last 4 races.
dirtnapper
4/2/2017 7:55pm
KurtJ99 wrote:
If RD was in the lead and Tomac was in second then MM would have raced differently. Maybe. MM said he was sick. Then why did...
agn5009 wrote:
This all day
Phantom 661
4/2/2017 7:56pm
agn5009 wrote:

Orders from Roger for Marv to drop back by twenty? Really?
dirtnapper
4/2/2017 7:56pm

He just left it out.
MR. X wrote:
I honestly don't care who wins , i root for Dungey but just enjoy good racing . The fishing has just been too good since Reed...
Nice backpedal douche
Why the need to call names??Huh
rutcross
4/2/2017 7:57pm
KurtJ99 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
dirtnapper wrote:
This all day
Shocking that this is the side your on
rutcross
4/2/2017 7:58pm
MR. X wrote:
I am. Yes. He chose to get 3rd last night
jnickell
Fantasy
1836th
4/2/2017 8:00pm
MR. X wrote:
rutcross wrote:
I am. Yes. He chose to get 3rd last night
So RD chipping away at ET's lead had nothing to do with MM choosing 3rd? 3rd was his only choice unless he wanted a larger number.
TDeath21
4/2/2017 8:06pm
agn5009 wrote:

Doesn't really matter how far he dropped back by. He checked behind him and just made sure he had 4th covered. He was allowing Dungey to focus forward. Might not have passed him anyway. I think they'd have had a great battle, allowing Tomac to walk away during the process. Instead, Musquin decided to let Dungey focus in front of him.
rutcross
4/2/2017 8:08pm
jnickell wrote:
So RD chipping away at ET's lead had nothing to do with MM choosing 3rd? 3rd was his only choice unless he wanted a larger number.
Marvin has had his number the last 4 rounds. And he would pull up and back off in the heat and first half of the main. Marvin could have passed him at any point in the first 10 laps
Johnny Ringo
4/2/2017 8:08pm

TDeath21 wrote:
Doesn't really matter how far he dropped back by. He checked behind him and just made sure he had 4th covered. He was allowing Dungey to...
Doesn't really matter how far he dropped back by. He checked behind him and just made sure he had 4th covered. He was allowing Dungey to focus forward. Might not have passed him anyway. I think they'd have had a great battle, allowing Tomac to walk away during the process. Instead, Musquin decided to let Dungey focus in front of him.
This guy gets it.
jnickell
Fantasy
1836th
4/2/2017 8:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 8:10pm
jnickell wrote:
rutcross wrote:
Marvin has had his number the last 4 rounds. And he would pull up and back off in the heat and first half of the main...
Marvin has had his number the last 4 rounds. And he would pull up and back off in the heat and first half of the main. Marvin could have passed him at any point in the first 10 laps
Every week is different. I don't understand how you can disregard the fact that RD was closing on ET. Something he hasn't done in weeks. RD closing in on ET = Gapping MM

Simple math.
rutcross
4/2/2017 8:13pm
jnickell wrote:
Every week is different. I don't understand how you can disregard the fact that RD was closing on ET. Something he hasn't done in weeks. RD...
Every week is different. I don't understand how you can disregard the fact that RD was closing on ET. Something he hasn't done in weeks. RD closing in on ET = Gapping MM

Simple math.
He did close the gap. Pretty easy to move forward when you know you will not be passed or contested by riders behind. And I watched from tv. Who knows if Tomac made mistakes or what
500guy
4/2/2017 8:14pm
Not sure everyone was watching the same race as me because before Reed got involved Dungey was matching or bettering Eli lap for lap.

Post a reply to: "Let Brock Bye"

The Latest