Lessons Learned Trying To Watch MEC And Not Have Satellite TV

JeepnMike
Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 8:55pm
#1. Get DirecTV. If you have Comcast, they believe they own you and don't care if you want all of the moto channels.

#2. If you can't get DirecTV for whatever reason, bribe the missus to let you off the leash for a night and head to a bar to watch.

#3. Getting a good stream isn't as easy as you would think.

#4. Vital is the best source on the internet to find the one random hack stream out there. The quality will suck, but what can you do. Thanks guys for taking the time to post what you could find.

#5. A couple posted about watching on hqzone.tv. In pure desperation I tried this yet again this year in the same moment of haste and I know last year was nothing more than a hack off of justinTV in SD and not HD as they promised. Well, this year (as some of you know) they f%cked it up again. It came in very clean HD, but the lag was so bad it wasn't watchable. I don't know if they gave a crap based on their comments, but getting a refund from them is like pulling teeth. I realize it is only $6, but it's the principle. To make matters worse, the crappy feed they were able to finally get working DIED 2 LAPS INTO THE LAST MOTO!!!!!!

#6. Personally I will do everything I can to avoid streaming going forward. If you can find someone or someplace to watch live, that is where I will be.

I know you can watch the next day on FS1 and that is fine. I am a Vitard though and can't seem to stay away from this place long enough to avoid seeing the results here assuming I am watching the race delayed a day like that. And watching a race truly live is a hell of a lot more fun. Imagine if football games were aired like that., America would implode.

Anyway, that is my experience and rant.
|
P
10/20/2014 7:44am
Without JS or RV racing I forgot that there was even a race.............

P
enketchum
10/20/2014 7:47am
Did you forget about slick Nick? That's the only I watch any moto
O___o
10/20/2014 7:49am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 7:50am
I find it hilarious that the same guys who will spend 300 on carbon fiber handlebars will not spend an extra 9 bucks a month to have the premium sports channels.
JeepnMike
10/20/2014 7:53am
O___o wrote:
I find it hilarious that the same guys who will spend 300 on carbon fiber handlebars will not spend an extra 9 bucks a month to...
I find it hilarious that the same guys who will spend 300 on carbon fiber handlebars will not spend an extra 9 bucks a month to have the premium sports channels.
Hey jackass. Comcast doesn't carry Fox Sports 2, or MavTV for that matter either. I assure you if I had the choice, I would be paying for it.

The Shop

captmoto
10/20/2014 8:28am
"bribe the missus to let you off the leash for a night and head to a bar to watch."
What the fuck? Are you married or owned?
gt80rider
10/20/2014 8:28am
should we blame piss poor cable companies? or blame the powers that be for putting the race on such small channels to begin with? I am going with #2..

I would rather see a free and live net feed with nothing on tv than it being live and free on some little ass channel that only 20% of "normal people" get....
SEE ARE125
10/20/2014 8:33am
Yeah I have, well had, the top Comcast package. I had every channel Comcast offered. I dropped them last week and haven't missed a show yet except the season premier of Gold Rush. Connected the laptop to the TV and watched everything for free and legally. Except the MEC, I paid $6 for that shitty stream and ended up watching it somewhere else. All I had to do was go to ABC's website, Hulu, or wherever and watch it. I'm just now researching streaming TV like Roku, Hulu, and all that to try and figure out which route to go. Probably gonna invest in a smart tv as the money saved on cable will pay for it in no time.

The straw that broke the camels back for me, aside from not having FS2 or MAVTV, was passing a Nissan dealership and seeing a car out front for $149/mo and my cable bill being $225+ after fees, taxes, surcharges and other horseshit. I don't know if it was a lease or financing deal, but I know you can drive a new Versa for less than the cost of cable. lol
motoxtred
10/20/2014 8:46am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Yeah I have, well had, the top Comcast package. I had every channel Comcast offered. I dropped them last week and haven't missed a show yet...
Yeah I have, well had, the top Comcast package. I had every channel Comcast offered. I dropped them last week and haven't missed a show yet except the season premier of Gold Rush. Connected the laptop to the TV and watched everything for free and legally. Except the MEC, I paid $6 for that shitty stream and ended up watching it somewhere else. All I had to do was go to ABC's website, Hulu, or wherever and watch it. I'm just now researching streaming TV like Roku, Hulu, and all that to try and figure out which route to go. Probably gonna invest in a smart tv as the money saved on cable will pay for it in no time.

The straw that broke the camels back for me, aside from not having FS2 or MAVTV, was passing a Nissan dealership and seeing a car out front for $149/mo and my cable bill being $225+ after fees, taxes, surcharges and other horseshit. I don't know if it was a lease or financing deal, but I know you can drive a new Versa for less than the cost of cable. lol
If it makes you feel any better my son said the new Gold Rush sucked.Smile
huck
10/20/2014 8:48am
P wrote:

P
You missed a hell of a race. And to say that your forgot because 2 guys weren't there...... shows your ignorance!
P
10/20/2014 8:54am
P wrote:

P
huck wrote:
You missed a hell of a race. And to say that your forgot because 2 guys weren't there...... shows your ignorance!
No, it just says that the rest of the field really isn't that interesting. Trey will put it out there, but pretty much everyone else rides to not fall not to win. No Roczen either.

P
O___o
10/20/2014 8:54am
P wrote:

P
huck wrote:
and the fact that you didn't understand his metaphor shows yours.
huck
10/20/2014 8:56am
P wrote:

P
huck wrote:
O___o wrote:
How did I know that you would follow me around, and post 5 minutes behind me? Creepy!!
huck
10/20/2014 8:58am
P wrote:

P
huck wrote:
P wrote:
No, it just says that the rest of the field really isn't that interesting. Trey will put it out there, but pretty much everyone else rides...
No, it just says that the rest of the field really isn't that interesting. Trey will put it out there, but pretty much everyone else rides to not fall not to win. No Roczen either.

P
Like I said...you missed a great race. Justin Hill, Jason Anderson, Davi Millsaps, Trey Canard, Malcolm Stewart...those guys had no problem "putting it out there"... the super minis and amateur all-star races were great too. Are you even a fan of the sport?
O___o
10/20/2014 8:58am
huck wrote:
O___o wrote:
huck wrote:
How did I know that you would follow me around, and post 5 minutes behind me? Creepy!!
you do it to yourself.

how'd i know you wouldn't have anything remotely intelligible in your response?

nevermind, don't answer, just grab 'hold of my pocket and shush before i trade you for a pack of cigarettes.
JeepnMike
10/20/2014 9:08am
captmoto wrote:
"bribe the missus to let you off the leash for a night and head to a bar to watch." What the fuck? Are you married or...
"bribe the missus to let you off the leash for a night and head to a bar to watch."
What the fuck? Are you married or owned?
Hey now.. I was speaking in general terms. I am one of the rarities of men that has her labes in my wallet, bro Laughing
jeffro503
10/20/2014 9:09am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 9:10am
@ Mike......I got Direct TV a good 5 - 6 yrs ago because at the time it was the best thing going for moto. Dish has stepped up as well and I think has all the same channels now too ( I could be wrong on that ), BUT......I can tell you first hand that the reason why I've stuck with Direct TV is because the HD is better. More crisp , better colors , cheaper ......it's just better. I could not believe the difference in how much better it looked.

Comcast.....completely blows. It wasn't just the moto stuff either which turned me away. It was expensive to get all the channels ( minus the moto channels ) about 30% cheaper. Now I'm a big movie buff , especially through the winter because it gets crappy up here. Direct TV has like 35+ movie HD channels. I used to have like 18 movie channels on comcast and a few of them were still in SD. One day I flick on the tube.....and I only show something like 6 - 7 movie channels.....and my freaking bill went up!

I called them and asked WTF?? They said to save bandwidth.....the dropped all the movie channels except a few and moved everything else over to " On demand ". I didn't dig that at all. I wanted to cruise through my guide to see what was on.

Between that mess and NO moto.......I called Direct TV the very next day and gave all my stuff back to Comcast and never looked back. The only downfall with Direct TV is they show Mav tv in SD......but I except it because everything else rules on it. AND you can change your package every month ( you just change it to a big or small package and your bill shrinks or gets bigger ) Comcast.....you are freaking locked in!
RMT
10/20/2014 9:22am
P wrote:

P
huck wrote:
O___o wrote:
Or the fact that in your haste to be cute, the post above yours proved it wasn't a "metaphor" at all. HAHAHA
O___o
10/20/2014 9:24am
huck wrote:
O___o wrote:
RMT wrote:
Or the fact that in your haste to be cute, the post above yours proved it wasn't a "metaphor" at all. HAHAHA
So you are saying P really did forget there is a race?
Spartacus
10/20/2014 9:34am
JeepnMike wrote:
#1. Get DirecTV. If you have Comcast, they believe they own you and don't care if you want all of the moto channels. #2. If you...
#1. Get DirecTV. If you have Comcast, they believe they own you and don't care if you want all of the moto channels.

#2. If you can't get DirecTV for whatever reason, bribe the missus to let you off the leash for a night and head to a bar to watch.

#3. Getting a good stream isn't as easy as you would think.

#4. Vital is the best source on the internet to find the one random hack stream out there. The quality will suck, but what can you do. Thanks guys for taking the time to post what you could find.

#5. A couple posted about watching on hqzone.tv. In pure desperation I tried this yet again this year in the same moment of haste and I know last year was nothing more than a hack off of justinTV in SD and not HD as they promised. Well, this year (as some of you know) they f%cked it up again. It came in very clean HD, but the lag was so bad it wasn't watchable. I don't know if they gave a crap based on their comments, but getting a refund from them is like pulling teeth. I realize it is only $6, but it's the principle. To make matters worse, the crappy feed they were able to finally get working DIED 2 LAPS INTO THE LAST MOTO!!!!!!

#6. Personally I will do everything I can to avoid streaming going forward. If you can find someone or someplace to watch live, that is where I will be.

I know you can watch the next day on FS1 and that is fine. I am a Vitard though and can't seem to stay away from this place long enough to avoid seeing the results here assuming I am watching the race delayed a day like that. And watching a race truly live is a hell of a lot more fun. Imagine if football games were aired like that., America would implode.

Anyway, that is my experience and rant.
Or wait a few days and it'll be on You Tube saving over $900 a year to watch Direct rip off.
P
10/20/2014 9:40am
huck wrote:
P wrote:
No, it just says that the rest of the field really isn't that interesting. Trey will put it out there, but pretty much everyone else rides...

P
huck wrote:
Like I said...you missed a great race. Justin Hill, Jason Anderson, Davi Millsaps, Trey Canard, Malcolm Stewart...those guys had no problem "putting it out there"... the...
Like I said...you missed a great race. Justin Hill, Jason Anderson, Davi Millsaps, Trey Canard, Malcolm Stewart...those guys had no problem "putting it out there"... the super minis and amateur all-star races were great too. Are you even a fan of the sport?
I saw some clips of the racing and it was just racing. I can see great racing at my local track. Moto is my sport, but when I watch a Pro (National Professional Level) race I want to see somebody out there do something that makes me go WOW. I didn't see that happening with that field and from what I can tell it didn't happen.

P
10/20/2014 9:52am
jeffro503 wrote:
@ Mike......I got Direct TV a good 5 - 6 yrs ago because at the time it was the best thing going for moto. Dish has...
@ Mike......I got Direct TV a good 5 - 6 yrs ago because at the time it was the best thing going for moto. Dish has stepped up as well and I think has all the same channels now too ( I could be wrong on that ), BUT......I can tell you first hand that the reason why I've stuck with Direct TV is because the HD is better. More crisp , better colors , cheaper ......it's just better. I could not believe the difference in how much better it looked.

Comcast.....completely blows. It wasn't just the moto stuff either which turned me away. It was expensive to get all the channels ( minus the moto channels ) about 30% cheaper. Now I'm a big movie buff , especially through the winter because it gets crappy up here. Direct TV has like 35+ movie HD channels. I used to have like 18 movie channels on comcast and a few of them were still in SD. One day I flick on the tube.....and I only show something like 6 - 7 movie channels.....and my freaking bill went up!

I called them and asked WTF?? They said to save bandwidth.....the dropped all the movie channels except a few and moved everything else over to " On demand ". I didn't dig that at all. I wanted to cruise through my guide to see what was on.

Between that mess and NO moto.......I called Direct TV the very next day and gave all my stuff back to Comcast and never looked back. The only downfall with Direct TV is they show Mav tv in SD......but I except it because everything else rules on it. AND you can change your package every month ( you just change it to a big or small package and your bill shrinks or gets bigger ) Comcast.....you are freaking locked in!
What Jeffro said to a "T." Same experience, Jeffro, but I didn't make the switch until last April...just in time to catch all the Nats!
jeffro503
10/20/2014 9:57am
jeffro503 wrote:
@ Mike......I got Direct TV a good 5 - 6 yrs ago because at the time it was the best thing going for moto. Dish has...

What Jeffro said to a "T." Same experience, Jeffro, but I didn't make the switch until last April...just in time to catch all the Nats!
Good choice Harry! Was I imagining things when I said the HD looks better too? A lot of people don't understand or even know what they are missing until they see true HD. And besides that.....I need my movie channels haha.
JeepnMike
10/20/2014 10:53am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 10:54am
Jeffro, I would swich in a heartbeat if I could... It is virtually impossible at my house.. The satellite would have to be pointed directly at this:

I work for ATT Mobility and we should be getting some pretty decent employee pricing for DirecTV in the next year or so as well. I am kinda screwed.
HenryA
10/20/2014 11:02am
enketchum wrote:
Did you forget about slick Nick? That's the only I watch any moto
This ^
Tracktor
10/20/2014 11:02am
P wrote:

P
huck wrote:
O___o wrote:
"Metaphor",You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.......................
bsharkey
10/20/2014 11:05am
O___o wrote:
I find it hilarious that the same guys who will spend 300 on carbon fiber handlebars will not spend an extra 9 bucks a month to...
JeepnMike wrote:
Hey jackass. Comcast doesn't carry Fox Sports 2, or MavTV for that matter either. I assure you if I had the choice, I would be paying...
Hey jackass. Comcast doesn't carry Fox Sports 2, or MavTV for that matter either. I assure you if I had the choice, I would be paying for it.
dish network!!! we dumped Comcast awhile back so much cheaper and way more channels. anytime I can drop things or add and its really easy too. that triple play they have should just go away. always bundling things you don't need and when you try to save some $$ and drop one the bill is basically the same
huck
10/20/2014 11:08am
P wrote:

P
huck wrote:
Like I said...you missed a great race. Justin Hill, Jason Anderson, Davi Millsaps, Trey Canard, Malcolm Stewart...those guys had no problem "putting it out there"... the...
P wrote:
I saw some clips of the racing and it was just racing. I can see great racing at my local track. Moto is my sport, but...
I saw some clips of the racing and it was just racing. I can see great racing at my local track. Moto is my sport, but when I watch a Pro (National Professional Level) race I want to see somebody out there do something that makes me go WOW. I didn't see that happening with that field and from what I can tell it didn't happen.

P
Sorry, I thought all along you were a fan of SX and MX...i guess only if James is racing.
MOTO STUFF
10/20/2014 11:14am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 11:22am
I'm amazed that the big providers haven't adopted an "alacarte" format as that is what it's going to take to survive-

No one wants to pay for 250 channels to get the 20 they want. Plus it makes it a navigation nightmare to find what you want.

I'd happily pay $20/ mo.per channel for the channels I want

Why not a Motorsports package?

Nothing against football, baseball or Basketball....

But if it's got balls, I'm not interested! :-)

SEE ARE125
10/20/2014 11:21am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 11:23am
MOTO STUFF wrote:
I'm amazed that the big providers haven't adopted an "alacarte" format as that is what it's going to take to survive- No one wants to pay...
I'm amazed that the big providers haven't adopted an "alacarte" format as that is what it's going to take to survive-

No one wants to pay for 250 channels to get the 20 they want. Plus it makes it a navigation nightmare to find what you want.

I'd happily pay $20/ mo.per channel for the channels I want

Why not a Motorsports package?

Nothing against football, baseball or Basketball....

But if it's got balls, I'm not interested! :-)

I've been saying this for a while. $25/mo base fee, then $2.99/mo per channel. You pick the ones you want. You can cancel or add new channels anytime you want.
wfo250
10/20/2014 11:30am
I have direct tv, but I don't get Fox 2.
I called Sat nite and got it and cancelled Sun morning. Direct tv people were pleasant and didn't care that I did this for 1 program. Very happy w Direct tv

Post a reply to: Lessons Learned Trying To Watch MEC And Not Have Satellite TV

The Latest