Latest Pulpshow interesting tidbit

Crush
Edited Date/Time 10/8/2014 1:31pm
So... The boys, good show by the way, stacked studio... The other TP, BigBore, DV, Steve and Weegey on the phone... discussing MXdN, Straight Rhythm, and RV moving to Europe.

Weegey was saying that on the racerx website stats, the Straight Rhythm articles were generating way more hits than the MXdN stuff.

Shame on you all! SHAME!
|
The Rock
10/7/2014 5:50pm
Will check out the archive and thanks for the information about the hits. If Team USA loses for a fourth year in a row I wouldn't be surprised if the 2016 hits aren't even lower.

Speaking of Pulp MX about a month ago I tuned in live while I was working with my 17 year old Downs Syndrome student hoping I could listen to the show in the background. That plan didn't last long. A guy was chapped with Jeremy Albrecht for not signing Politelli and was dropping F bombs which while disappointing wasn't really a surprise but when the guy let the C word fly that rhymes with runt and the production crew didn't bat an eye I was like whoa. I was already shutting things down because of the F bombs but the C word caught me by surprise.

What do you think is acceptable or unacceptable for a show about our sport on the Internet? No rules and everything goes or is the C word off limits and only in rare situations are F bombs permitted?

For the record F U to anyone that says I am the language police. :-) Seriously I am only posing the question. My personal opinion is unchecked language like this is a poor reflection on our sport but that's just MY opinion. I had a big debate with a former photo journalist about this topic when McGrath had his first SX deal with the steel ramps. The music at the stadium was F this and F that which I found unacceptable for a family event like a SX. This person didn't think SX/MX was a family sport either so there you go.

I am 58 and I see people talking through the National Anthem with their hats on, guys walking in front of women or letting a woman hold the door for them! so I appreciate my views are more than a little dated regarding what is proper and what isn't.

What's your opinion?
BobPA
10/7/2014 5:52pm
It's just a word bro
rcm406
10/7/2014 5:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 5:54pm
It's makes sense. RBSR was more exciting and you had the 2 biggest draws in the sport racing!(JS7 $ TP)
Crush
10/7/2014 5:54pm
My opinion? Doesn't matter. I grew up in the sticks, certainly if you read many of my posts I shouldn't worry or curse people's cussing...

BUT

It is the internet. It's not regulated. That's pretty much end of story. Unless the host has a personal mandate to not have swearing, people will talk how they talk. You do often hear people drop an accidental f-bomb and then ask if they can swear.... but Steve lets it go. I don't mid either way but understand your point for sure.

The Shop

downard254
10/7/2014 5:55pm
I'm on board with you with this one Rock.
I was raised with old school values. Something seriously lacking these days.
10/7/2014 5:55pm
I agree with you on that, Rock. If this sport wants to be known as a top professional sport then not only do the athletes have to act professional but also the fans. Swearing every other word just makes people seem stupid and can't be taken seriously. I'm surprised they wouldn't tell him to chill or have rules about the language. There has to be kids listening and if they think its OK to talk like that, they will.
bd
10/7/2014 5:57pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 5:58pm
I wonder how much those hits mean actual interest in this case. I watched the MXDN in Vegas at 3:30am until I crashed and hoped on VitalMX to give my two cents and eat a lot of humble pie. I did not open one MXDN article on the web. I could care less at this point.

For me, the MXDN is the most important event of the year. It’s the "World Cup" of motocross.

That said, I grew up in the 1980s when beating the Europeans in the early 1980s was nearly impossible. There is a reason why "The O'Show" is one of my childhood sport heroes.

* I hope the youth see the importance in the MXDN
Crush
10/7/2014 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 5:59pm
BD... these are Racerxonline.com hits only...

Rcm... I disagree. It's personal preference for sure but the MXdN is one of my top 3 races all year. A1, Budds and MXdN.
10/7/2014 6:01pm
Pastrana brought a whole bunch of people out of the woodwork that wouldn't ordinarily watch motocross. Plus the 500 generated a ton of interest and excitement too - not every day you get to see a souped up Model T race in a well advertised event like this.

Watched every second of the MXdN and in my eyes it was by far the bigger, more important and interesting event. Less glitter and more racing IMHO. Hope RV2 going there next year generates even more interest.

That said I cannot wait for RBSR next year - not exactly motocross but fun to watch!
DanDunes818
10/7/2014 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 6:25pm
Not sure why that's offensive Crush, but I have to agree with Weege. While MXoN produced a HUGE increase over last years MXoN traffic at MotoXAddicts, Red Bull Straight Rhythm broke some weekly traffic records for us. I think a huge reason for that, though, is that Travis Pastrana was involved. I posted that RM-Zilla video and it quickly generated 100,000 page views. Travis, being the biggest crossover athlete our sport has ever had, creates some serious buzz.

Edit* I just noticed queen of spodes mentioned the Pastrana factor,
10/7/2014 6:24pm
I like the cussing myself. I think it keeps it real. There's a time and place to listen to the show: choose accordingly. I don't think it's a reflection on the sport at all: I also like cussing and nudity on TV. HBO shows have brought TV to a newer and better place because things aren't censored. The c word is in bad taste, but that's a reflection on the person using it. Just my opinion.
Crush
10/7/2014 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 6:27pm
Not sure why that's offensive Crush, but I have to agree with Weege. While MXoN produced a HUGE increase over last years MXoN traffic at MotoXAddicts...
Not sure why that's offensive Crush, but I have to agree with Weege. While MXoN produced a HUGE increase over last years MXoN traffic at MotoXAddicts, Red Bull Straight Rhythm broke some weekly traffic records for us. I think a huge reason for that, though, is that Travis Pastrana was involved. I posted that RM-Zilla video and it quickly generated 100,000 page views. Travis, being the biggest crossover athlete our sport has ever had, creates some serious buzz.

It's offensive because it's not real Motocross!

It's like when you find out your Wife or kids like the Kardashians. It's just bullshit. (edited down for Rock)
10/7/2014 6:27pm
P.S.: I don't think F bombs in music is appropriate for Supercrosses since kids are clearly there. And take off your damn hat and show some respect in the stadium - I am with you guys there.
DanDunes818
10/7/2014 6:32pm
Not sure why that's offensive Crush, but I have to agree with Weege. While MXoN produced a HUGE increase over last years MXoN traffic at MotoXAddicts...

Crush wrote:
It's offensive because it's not real Motocross! It's like when you find out your Wife or kids like the Kardashians. It's just bullshit. (edited down for...
It's offensive because it's not real Motocross!

It's like when you find out your Wife or kids like the Kardashians. It's just bullshit. (edited down for Rock)
Hahaha.. Understood. At the same time, though, I don't think Straight Rhythm will be replacing MXGP, Lucas Oil Pro MX Championship or Monster Energy SX any time soon. At the same time, I think a lot of the people that watched Straight Rhythm may end up at A1 or tuning in throughout the year to see the guys that handled their idol, TP199, in the first round.
jloucks742
10/7/2014 6:39pm
The Rock wrote:
Will check out the archive and thanks for the information about the hits. If Team USA loses for a fourth year in a row I wouldn't...
Will check out the archive and thanks for the information about the hits. If Team USA loses for a fourth year in a row I wouldn't be surprised if the 2016 hits aren't even lower.

Speaking of Pulp MX about a month ago I tuned in live while I was working with my 17 year old Downs Syndrome student hoping I could listen to the show in the background. That plan didn't last long. A guy was chapped with Jeremy Albrecht for not signing Politelli and was dropping F bombs which while disappointing wasn't really a surprise but when the guy let the C word fly that rhymes with runt and the production crew didn't bat an eye I was like whoa. I was already shutting things down because of the F bombs but the C word caught me by surprise.

What do you think is acceptable or unacceptable for a show about our sport on the Internet? No rules and everything goes or is the C word off limits and only in rare situations are F bombs permitted?

For the record F U to anyone that says I am the language police. :-) Seriously I am only posing the question. My personal opinion is unchecked language like this is a poor reflection on our sport but that's just MY opinion. I had a big debate with a former photo journalist about this topic when McGrath had his first SX deal with the steel ramps. The music at the stadium was F this and F that which I found unacceptable for a family event like a SX. This person didn't think SX/MX was a family sport either so there you go.

I am 58 and I see people talking through the National Anthem with their hats on, guys walking in front of women or letting a woman hold the door for them! so I appreciate my views are more than a little dated regarding what is proper and what isn't.

What's your opinion?
I think that everything has its place. A couple curse words here and there are not a big deal but the "c" word should never be said in front of a public audience. I even get surprised at some of the things that are allowed on reality tv shows these days but it is what it is. I do my fair share of cussing but there definitely is a line. And its funny because one of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't take their hat off or even acknowledge that the national anthem is playing!
bsharkey
10/7/2014 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 8:36pm
how much of the audience is under 16 would you say? the swearing and cussing doesn't bother me but I don't want to hear it too much ether, but I really think the show is aimed at the adults more. my kid doesn't listen to it and hes 13 and follows the sport alot
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
10/7/2014 7:03pm
I don't mind the swearing when I listen by myself but it sucks I can't listen to the show when I have my kids with me. Overall, the cuss words limit the audience.
tobz
10/7/2014 7:21pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 7:21pm
Pretty obvious that it's a low key show to shoot the shit in a relaxed manner that's blatantly NSFW or kids. Now, if it was an official broadcast and being broadcast and aimed at children then I'd agree with the whining. But if your downloading and then playing the show to your kids, then I'm afraid it's not the shows fault....
Mxdnusa
10/7/2014 7:24pm
I never understood cursing. It seriously bothers me when women curse. I guess I am old fashioned.

As for the rbsr vs. the mxdn I am surprised. The mxdn is always a big deal with a lot of hype leading up to it and I kind of felt like rbsr was under the radar somewhat.
Tumblin
10/7/2014 7:24pm
Straight rhythm more hits then MXDN? That sounds about like America's attention span...And just in time for another election season
The Rock
10/7/2014 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 7:35pm
jloucks742 wrote:
I think that everything has its place. A couple curse words here and there are not a big deal but the "c" word should never be...
I think that everything has its place. A couple curse words here and there are not a big deal but the "c" word should never be said in front of a public audience. I even get surprised at some of the things that are allowed on reality tv shows these days but it is what it is. I do my fair share of cussing but there definitely is a line. And its funny because one of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't take their hat off or even acknowledge that the national anthem is playing!
If we are ever at a race together the beer is on me. My feelings complete echo what you wrote.

The reality shows allowing all language thinking bleeping it does anything is a bad joke. I saw a commercial awhile ago that had a word bleeped out and I was like man is this what the world is coming to?

Personally I think your A couple curse words here and there are not a big deal but the "c" word should never be said in front of a public audience is very reasonable plus I would lengthen it A couple curse words here and there are not a big deal but the "c" word should never be said in front of a public audience or over the Internet."

One last thing, what about when you see a couple on TV or in the movies walking on the street and the man is on the inside? WTH! Anyone that isn't old school probably won't get this but that's cool too.

EDIT: The MXdN is, always has been and always will be THE race to go to. Bercy SX used to rival the MXdN somewhat in the 90s but for years the MXdN has ruled IMHO.

Forget the USGP I want to know where will the MXdN be in the US?
JB 19
10/7/2014 7:33pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 7:34pm
I have five and three year old boys. I believe in teaching your kids to deal with the world rather than shield them from it.

I don't think the language is a big deal, but I could see how it might limit the audience. I like the loose, shoot the shit feel of the show.
The Rock
10/7/2014 7:56pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 7:57pm
My father taught me not to use or tolerate use of the C word in public out of respect for women and children. In private it is a word only to be used in the absolute rarest of situations. My father (RIP) and mom were raised in Tennessee and concepts of southern hospitality and being a southern gentlemen were my in my world growing up and remain with me today fortunately.

The adage you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar is well known. It appears however to many they've either never learned or have forgotten having manners is something that most people appreciate.

Also if you are truly a fan of the sport and give two hoots about the growth of the sport remember every time we speak about the sport we can be influencing someone to participate or turning someone off by our actions and language. If you don't agree that's your prerogative and one that I respect.
tobz
10/7/2014 8:18pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 8:29pm
Ahaha get out . it's just a podcast, not a national TV or radio show forcing it on unsuspecting ears.

Who's to say this type of podcast isn't attracting the fans that don't get butthurt about a few silly words, and who aren't stupid enough to play it in front of their kids.

Seriously mate, just when I thought you couldn't make another thread where you want to add to the rule book, you bang out more beauties today...
Motodave15
10/7/2014 8:18pm
If you're 18-25 ( My Demographic, im 25 now) The Millennials.

The *ucks given over any curse word.. at all is null.. negative

There are a few who care... but for the most part.. i seriously doubt anybody i personally know cares about any of the words.. especially *unt... as I will call somebody that with zero *ucks given

Don't care at all

I draw the line if the kid is under 13 then i try to watch my mouth.

But one thing i will always stand by is that. The kids hear worse from their mothers in rush hour traffic than they will in a movie, music etc.

I was at the mc invitational back then and was 16 so it was all find and dandy by me lol.

as for the sport... I Guess i see you guys points as you're in the age range of the people paying people to represent.. But i truly dislike the disconnect of (Political Correctness) talk
Motodave15
10/7/2014 8:21pm
The Rock wrote:
My father taught me not to use or tolerate use of the C word in public out of respect for women and children. In private it...
My father taught me not to use or tolerate use of the C word in public out of respect for women and children. In private it is a word only to be used in the absolute rarest of situations. My father (RIP) and mom were raised in Tennessee and concepts of southern hospitality and being a southern gentlemen were my in my world growing up and remain with me today fortunately.

The adage you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar is well known. It appears however to many they've either never learned or have forgotten having manners is something that most people appreciate.

Also if you are truly a fan of the sport and give two hoots about the growth of the sport remember every time we speak about the sport we can be influencing someone to participate or turning someone off by our actions and language. If you don't agree that's your prerogative and one that I respect.
Tell this to hockey players... And the participation is probably 6 times the amount of motocross in the whole united states.
The Rock
10/7/2014 8:22pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 8:23pm
tobz wrote:
Ahaha get out . it's just a podcast, not a national TV or radio show forcing it on unsuspecting ears. Who's to say this type of...
Ahaha get out . it's just a podcast, not a national TV or radio show forcing it on unsuspecting ears.

Who's to say this type of podcast isn't attracting the fans that don't get butthurt about a few silly words, and who aren't stupid enough to play it in front of their kids.

Seriously mate, just when I thought you couldn't make another thread where you want to add to the rule book, you bang out more beauties today...
Two things:

1) F U Smile

2) Seriously mate how about working on the reading comprehension before you make a post IE where I want to add to the rule book. Blows me away how afraid some are to talk about things but these same people are so quick to twist the question around back on me.

For the record F U to anyone that says I am the language police. :-) Seriously I am only posing the question.
10/7/2014 8:26pm
Crush wrote:
So... The boys, good show by the way, stacked studio... The other TP, BigBore, DV, Steve and Weegey on the phone... discussing MXdN, Straight Rhythm, and...
So... The boys, good show by the way, stacked studio... The other TP, BigBore, DV, Steve and Weegey on the phone... discussing MXdN, Straight Rhythm, and RV moving to Europe.

Weegey was saying that on the racerx website stats, the Straight Rhythm articles were generating way more hits than the MXdN stuff.

Shame on you all! SHAME!
You're just trying to start trouble. Whistling
40Plus_922mx
10/7/2014 8:43pm
In my opinion fans want to see two things. Their riders and good racing. This event gave them both and more often than usual. Much like the MEC brings out your favorote riders 3 times in 3 races that have serious meaning equating into good racing.

We were all taken a little by suprise by how awesome it was. I hope it is here to stay along with sx and mx.
Crush
10/7/2014 8:52pm
Not trying to start trouble!

I just hate the Kardashians! The Red Bull straight rhythm is the kardashianafication of motocross!!!

Post a reply to: Latest Pulpshow interesting tidbit

The Latest