Las Vegas SX press conference

Yamaknockers
5/5/2017 2:40pm
Eli should have said if it comes down to those three points it's a bummer for everyone, except for the The Great Dungey Defenders on vital. Other than that he was spot on.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
5/5/2017 2:43pm
If I were Dungey I would have grabbed the mic and replied "I'd hate to go to bed at night knowing I crashed while leading a race and cracked under the weight of the red plate" Whistling
WFO
5/5/2017 2:48pm
seth505 wrote:
If I were Dungey I would have grabbed the mic and replied "I'd hate to go to bed at night knowing I crashed while leading a...
If I were Dungey I would have grabbed the mic and replied "I'd hate to go to bed at night knowing I crashed while leading a race and cracked under the weight of the red plate" Whistling
That HURT!

The Shop

51xc
5/5/2017 2:49pm
eli is right. if dungey wins by 3 or less points than he simply did not beat tomac for the championship. if dungey wins by 4 or more points dungey will be the deserving champion. I don't know what is there to argue about, we all seen last weeks race and every idiot understands what happened. has it been done before? yes! but that doesn't justify doing it again and to be ok.
Ted722
5/5/2017 2:54pm
51xc wrote:
eli is right. if dungey wins by 3 or less points than he simply did not beat tomac for the championship. if dungey wins by 4...
eli is right. if dungey wins by 3 or less points than he simply did not beat tomac for the championship. if dungey wins by 4 or more points dungey will be the deserving champion. I don't know what is there to argue about, we all seen last weeks race and every idiot understands what happened. has it been done before? yes! but that doesn't justify doing it again and to be ok.
9 wins and a couple mistakes. Son, you gotta do better than that (against Dunge). With that said, the way this season has gone, hard not to expect the unexpected.
JRT812
5/5/2017 2:58pm
Like the fire and this season has been epic! I am sure the championship bonus and possibly going out on top will help RD sleep quite well at night. On the record for also being just as a happy if Eli somehow wins it all.
MudPup545
5/5/2017 3:00pm
So, how can Tomac sleep knowing that Weimer pulled over for him? Will he give Jake that point back to ease his mind?
BobPA
5/5/2017 3:01pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2017 3:03pm
Weird to draw a link between someone getting pissed at the outcome of a motocross race and SJWs, but I'll go with your thinking on this...
Weird to draw a link between someone getting pissed at the outcome of a motocross race and SJWs, but I'll go with your thinking on this. What are your thoughts on Eli getting all triggered because he couldn't handle the pressure of the red plate? Bit of a snowflake thing to do, right? What a cuck. Well, either that or seeing the entire world as made up of nothing more than a bunch of Hillary supporters or Trump supporters is a stupid thing to do. Stick to talking about Motocross.
Bro, do not even try and contribute to this conversation. Settle down with some fish and chips and let the men speak.

(sarcasm alert....) I also know there are not enough stars on the flag
Ebs
5/5/2017 3:03pm
The only way Dungey will have a hard time sleeping is if he decides he's going to count all his bonus money before going to bed.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
5/5/2017 3:05pm
51xc wrote:
eli is right. if dungey wins by 3 or less points than he simply did not beat tomac for the championship. if dungey wins by 4...
Just being brutally honest, I like both Dungey and Tomac as riders. I think they are both badasses. I feel bad for both of them at the moment. One has been super consistent, the other has been crazy fast yet inconsistent. To me, those 3 points don't make any difference and here's why. Can Dungey beat MM straight up? Absolutely, has happened more often than not. Dungey had the fastest qualifying time last weekend and won his heat by a mile. During the race, he knew he had a huge lead over Tomac (after he went down) and was going to take a points lead into the final race. He was in points protection mode, riding smart like Dungey always does, and didn't want to make a stupid mistake (s) like Eli did to throw it away. MM had nothing to lose in that race, and could hang it out further. Could Dungey have beaten him without MM letting him by? Sure he could have. But why run that risk? It's not like Dungey can't beat MM in a race, no offense to MM.

I still can't believe MM passed Dungey in the first place during the race. To me, it was as blatantly obvious that Dungey was in points protection/safety mode after Eli went down as it was obvious MM letting him by.
just James
5/5/2017 3:06pm
Follow up question for Eli. Is it true that KTM has a secret mind control device that caused you to go down, and then flounder around mid pack? And if so, do you plan to line the inside of your helmet with tinfoil tomorrow night?
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3676th
5/5/2017 3:07pm
Eli...were you were aware of the pints series beginning at A1?
5/5/2017 3:10pm
just James wrote:
Follow up question for Eli. Is it true that KTM has a secret mind control device that caused you to go down, and then flounder around...
Follow up question for Eli. Is it true that KTM has a secret mind control device that caused you to go down, and then flounder around mid pack? And if so, do you plan to line the inside of your helmet with tinfoil tomorrow night?
Bahahahahaha
51xc
5/5/2017 3:11pm
JRT812 wrote:
Like the fire and this season has been epic! I am sure the championship bonus and possibly going out on top will help RD sleep quite...
Like the fire and this season has been epic! I am sure the championship bonus and possibly going out on top will help RD sleep quite well at night. On the record for also being just as a happy if Eli somehow wins it all.
with an estimated $100.000 bonus for each win, $12.000 paidout per win and a $100.000 MEC prize money, a new signed deal with monster kawasaki, I don't think tomac is concerned about money. this is about bragging rights. nothing else.
blackfly53
5/5/2017 3:13pm
blackfly53 wrote:
Eli's ""anger" stems from a mistake laden race and the rubbing of salt in the wound from the ktm squad. Dungey deserves the title according to...
Eli's ""anger" stems from a mistake laden race and the rubbing of salt in the wound from the ktm squad.
Dungey deserves the title according to the AMA rule book yes. though doesn't deserve the win in metlife. If it does come down to 3pts in vegas, Eli has every right to be upset, as well as his fans. I was there last week and I paid about $75 to see the fastest sx riders in the world race for the checkers, instead i was duped into watching a corporate scheme of pre-planned racing, in relative terms.
BobPA wrote:
Remember to remove your Hillary pin when you crawl into your safe space at night....don"t want to poke yourself in the vagina
Everything i said in that post is a fact, you are just stirring up shit or are a die hard #5 fan blind to reality. Anyways, have a nice day!

Oh by the way, MAGA!
pbody
Fantasy
320th
5/5/2017 3:18pm
blackfly53 wrote:
Eli's ""anger" stems from a mistake laden race and the rubbing of salt in the wound from the ktm squad. Dungey deserves the title according to...
Eli's ""anger" stems from a mistake laden race and the rubbing of salt in the wound from the ktm squad.
Dungey deserves the title according to the AMA rule book yes. though doesn't deserve the win in metlife. If it does come down to 3pts in vegas, Eli has every right to be upset, as well as his fans. I was there last week and I paid about $75 to see the fastest sx riders in the world race for the checkers, instead i was duped into watching a corporate scheme of pre-planned racing, in relative terms.
I get what you're saying, but be careful. If you want to see the fastest riders race for the checkers, then you probably need to consider putting them all on equal bikes, same engines, same suspension, etc. They are called teams for a reason. Everyone has a role to play. Josh Grant does not get the same equipment as Eli, so even within the teams there can be heirarchies. Some riders are brought on just to test equipment (Jake Weimer comes to mind). Racing includes strategy. But there are so many what-ifs. Let the chips fall where they may. Use the advantages you have at your disposal. Put yourself in the best position to win races and championships.

Too bad CR22 wasn't on KTM. Woohoo
Acidreamer
5/5/2017 3:21pm
Ted722 wrote:
Where's the part where he says "It's all on me, I couldn't even pass my own teammate." This stuff comes from the top down. Unfortunately, he's...
Where's the part where he says "It's all on me, I couldn't even pass my own teammate." This stuff comes from the top down. Unfortunately, he's been fed a bunch of shit from his "crew chief". Every point earned...on his own.

Shoe's on the other foot and he's gladly taking those 3 points and sleeping like a baby.

The question before actually.
JRT812
5/5/2017 3:25pm
JRT812 wrote:
Like the fire and this season has been epic! I am sure the championship bonus and possibly going out on top will help RD sleep quite...
51xc wrote:
with an estimated $100.000 bonus for each win, $12.000 paidout per win and a $100.000 MEC prize money, a new signed deal with monster kawasaki, I...
with an estimated $100.000 bonus for each win, $12.000 paidout per win and a $100.000 MEC prize money, a new signed deal with monster kawasaki, I don't think tomac is concerned about money. this is about bragging rights. nothing else.
Good points, but something tells me this year has been decent for RD. Says something about possibly walking away from a healthy contract. Still think both have plenty to brag about whether it comes down to the 3 points or not.
nealb129
5/5/2017 3:28pm
surfer22 wrote:
Exactly. Tomac messed up last week. Dungey hasn't "destroyed" Tomac once this entire year.
Interesting.... Anaheim 2 results column says otherwise
Starcrossed
5/5/2017 3:33pm
This season is a prime example of the adage that championships are won on your worst days. Even though Eli dominated a majority of the races, and the season, on his worst days he wasn't as good as Dungey on his worst days.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/5/2017 3:37pm
I bet Tomac cant sleep knowing he chokes away the championship. Tomac is making it easy to cheer for Dungey, I bet Tomac chokes tomorrow anyway.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/5/2017 3:37pm
This season is a prime example of the adage that championships are won on your worst days. Even though Eli dominated a majority of the races...
This season is a prime example of the adage that championships are won on your worst days. Even though Eli dominated a majority of the races, and the season, on his worst days he wasn't as good as Dungey on his worst days.
Yep, Tomac cant handle the pressure.
cali11
5/5/2017 3:40pm
Well Tomac, Marvin,Dungey and the rest of the world knows that he pulled over. So say what you want, but Dungey was givin that win.
5/5/2017 3:40pm
Feint wrote:
I bet Dungey will sleep better than Eli when Eli has to live with the fact that he had the points lead and the race lead...
I bet Dungey will sleep better than Eli when Eli has to live with the fact that he had the points lead and the race lead and threw it away then rode like a midfield guy failing to make up points.
I would think Eli will sleep pretty good knowing he beat Dungey on almost every occasion, I can't recall a race other than the first three...
I would think Eli will sleep pretty good knowing he beat Dungey on almost every occasion, I can't recall a race other than the first three where Dungey ever passed him. Tomac's caught, passed, and dropped Dungey numerous times this season. Obviously losing the title sucks and Dungey has been damn good and done what he's had to do but facts are facts man, Eli's been the best guy and IMO the best guy doesn't necessarily always win.
RandyS wrote:
Eli had been the best guy 9 times out of 16 races. I just looked at the record books and it doesn't show anything about sleeping...
Eli had been the best guy 9 times out of 16 races. I just looked at the record books and it doesn't show anything about sleeping well.
Yes i dont think dungey would change anything, but i guarantee eli would swap season results with dungey if he could.
5/5/2017 3:42pm
cali11 wrote:
Well Tomac, Marvin,Dungey and the rest of the world knows that he pulled over. So say what you want, but Dungey was givin that win.
Dungey given the win by marv, tomac threw away the title himself.
cali11
5/5/2017 3:42pm
blackfly53 wrote:
pbody wrote:
I get what you're saying, but be careful. If you want to see the fastest riders race for the checkers, then you probably need to consider...
I get what you're saying, but be careful. If you want to see the fastest riders race for the checkers, then you probably need to consider putting them all on equal bikes, same engines, same suspension, etc. They are called teams for a reason. Everyone has a role to play. Josh Grant does not get the same equipment as Eli, so even within the teams there can be heirarchies. Some riders are brought on just to test equipment (Jake Weimer comes to mind). Racing includes strategy. But there are so many what-ifs. Let the chips fall where they may. Use the advantages you have at your disposal. Put yourself in the best position to win races and championships.

Too bad CR22 wasn't on KTM. Woohoo
How do you know what parts, Josh gets or dosent?
cali11
5/5/2017 3:43pm
cali11 wrote:
Dungey given the win by marv, tomac threw away the title himself.
Yep I agree, but Marve still pulled over. Right?
Ted722
5/5/2017 3:54pm
Ted722 wrote:
Where's the part where he says "It's all on me, I couldn't even pass my own teammate." This stuff comes from the top down. Unfortunately, he's...
Where's the part where he says "It's all on me, I couldn't even pass my own teammate." This stuff comes from the top down. Unfortunately, he's been fed a bunch of shit from his "crew chief". Every point earned...on his own.

Shoe's on the other foot and he's gladly taking those 3 points and sleeping like a baby.

Acidreamer wrote:
The question before actually.
The part where he's regurgitating the horseshit from his crew chief? Or that he'd sleep like a baby if the shoe was on the other foot? If it's all on him, than how can he complain about what KTM is doing/did? Dungey did his job last week, Eli did not.

Eli's better than that. His Dad John's better than that. This is all on Kawasaki.
Calihusky
5/5/2017 3:56pm
Wow it sounds like if Eli needs to get around his teammate Grant on the last lap tomorrow to win the title he expects Grant to fight back tooth and nail. Possibly even taking out both of them in the process. Otherwise it's not deserved.

Post a reply to: Las Vegas SX press conference

The Latest