Las Vegas Press Conference

rcm406
Edited Date/Time 5/3/2014 6:41am
It starts in about 40 min. Is this the one RV is supposedly(per Matthes) announcing his retirement?Whistling
http://www.supercrossonline.com/News/SupercrossLive/2014/05/02/1/
|
AS64
Fantasy
2156th
5/2/2014 9:28am
I was just about to get to work but I guess I can wait a little longer. Grinning
rcm406
5/2/2014 9:50am
Well I guess the news about RV is now Monday.Pinch

SM Twitter:

@JoshTaylor1024 @41MB press conf is today actually. And I hear RV news is now Monday

The Shop

jamma10
5/2/2014 10:27am
He definitely referred to being at A1.
Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
5/2/2014 10:43am
Thanks for the link and heads-up, nice to listen to them in their own words!
rcm406
5/2/2014 10:45am
I don't know where Matthes and JT$ are getting their info, but RV sure acts like he's not retiring, plus it looks like he's racing the nationals too!
jasonv43
5/2/2014 10:47am
I didn't listen but am thinking maybe this retirement announcement is more like "next year will be my last year" kind of thing.
Mikkis
5/2/2014 10:57am
rcm406 wrote:
I don't know where Matthes and JT$ are getting their info, but RV sure acts like he's not retiring, plus it looks like he's racing the...
I don't know where Matthes and JT$ are getting their info, but RV sure acts like he's not retiring, plus it looks like he's racing the nationals too!
Vitalmx forum?
tp4
5/2/2014 11:03am
rcm406 wrote:
I don't know where Matthes and JT$ are getting their info, but RV sure acts like he's not retiring, plus it looks like he's racing the...
they are drama queens ..big time...with a couiple other dudes in dresses as well!
2QK4U
5/2/2014 11:34am
Mikkis wrote:
http://instagram.com/p/ngDDkSlfxA/

Seriosly, he is going to race GH, idiots.
Exactly what I was thinking, you guys keep talking just let it play out if he says he is racing Nationals then I take him for his word he hasn't been a liar before and I don't think he is now.
5/2/2014 2:05pm
Hadda love the laugh and smerk from RV when he made the comment about "reading rumors on Vitalmx".

I don't care what anyone says about him but I believe he is very well grounded and a down to earth person outside of the "job".
dennisjonon
5/2/2014 2:12pm
rcm406 wrote:
its just a matter of time. he's sick of it....
mgifracing
Fantasy
346th
5/2/2014 2:19pm
Seems like it was printed and quoted in Cycle news from RV himself that he is racing the nationals.
rebus
5/2/2014 2:21pm
Hadda love the laugh and smerk from RV when he made the comment about "reading rumors on Vitalmx". I don't care what anyone says about him...
Hadda love the laugh and smerk from RV when he made the comment about "reading rumors on Vitalmx".

I don't care what anyone says about him but I believe he is very well grounded and a down to earth person outside of the "job".
I think he's well grounded and down to earth at his job. I don't understand why people think he's boring or dry or hating life. Maybe he just wants to keep private things, private.

It's not too hard to pick up on his dry sense of humor either, but people miss it and it goes right over their heads.
dennisjonon
5/2/2014 2:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2014 2:22pm
oh he's racing nationals. my guess would be if he races nationals, twists a knee thats bad and has to pull out, he will retire then.

like i said whatever comes first, end of contract or injury.

hes made enough money and bought enough toys he shouldn't have much to worry about once he retires Wink

thats another thing rebus, his sense of humor is just something you have to be around to understand it completely.

what did he do after his championship? Coors Light and Pizza........
petersen112
5/2/2014 2:36pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2014 4:06pm
oh he's racing nationals. my guess would be if he races nationals, twists a knee thats bad and has to pull out, he will retire then...
oh he's racing nationals. my guess would be if he races nationals, twists a knee thats bad and has to pull out, he will retire then.

hes made enough money and bought enough toys he shouldn't have much to worry about once he retires Wink

thats another thing rebus, his sense of humor is just something you have to be around to understand it completely.

Gotta love the comment made by Barnett after that answer of pizza and beer haha "take that Aldon"
mgifracing
Fantasy
346th
5/2/2014 2:37pm
oh he's racing nationals. my guess would be if he races nationals, twists a knee thats bad and has to pull out, he will retire then...

The problem has been found, get him away from the coors light. get the champ a real beer at least.Wink
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/2/2014 2:41pm
Gotta love the comment made by Barnett after that answer of pizza and beer haha "take that Aldon"
Not Prater, Kevin Barnett.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/2/2014 2:55pm
Hadda love the laugh and smerk from RV when he made the comment about "reading rumors on Vitalmx". I don't care what anyone says about him...

Funny, I look at it as the rumors are coming from elsewhere, but being discussed here. Big difference. Smile
bartoner
5/2/2014 2:59pm
GuyB wrote:
Funny, I look at it as the rumors are coming from elsewhere, but being discussed here. Big difference. Smile
I agree...i think the retirement rumors came from very credible sources, people who are in the "cool guy group"....and just discussed to death here....RV has blamed the rumor on Vital multiple times....Guyb you should set him straight bout where it started...
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/2/2014 3:02pm
bartoner wrote:
I agree...i think the retirement rumors came from very credible sources, people who are in the "cool guy group"....and just discussed to death here....RV has blamed...
I agree...i think the retirement rumors came from very credible sources, people who are in the "cool guy group"....and just discussed to death here....RV has blamed the rumor on Vital multiple times....Guyb you should set him straight bout where it started...
I have.

Of course, I did have to slip him another $20 afterwards, for the plug. Smile
jeffro503
5/2/2014 3:14pm
bartoner wrote:
I agree...i think the retirement rumors came from very credible sources, people who are in the "cool guy group"....and just discussed to death here....RV has blamed...
GuyB wrote:
I have.

Of course, I did have to slip him another $20 afterwards, for the plug. Smile
Well? When you did mention that to him.....what did he say? There had to be some follow up conversation there right? C'mon Gibby!!....Spill it! What am I paying you for!!? Laughing
petersen112
5/2/2014 4:07pm
GuyB wrote:
Not Prater, Kevin Barnett.
Damnit haha forgot what his name was and guessed wrong
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
5/2/2014 4:12pm
All rumors aside, who here has seen RV testing for outdoors? He hasn't been in Florida for a while now, and nobody I know has seen him testing around here, so... Whistling
Stephon
5/2/2014 4:58pm

rebus wrote:
I think he's well grounded and down to earth at his job. I don't understand why people think he's boring or dry or hating life. Maybe...
I think he's well grounded and down to earth at his job. I don't understand why people think he's boring or dry or hating life. Maybe he just wants to keep private things, private.

It's not too hard to pick up on his dry sense of humor either, but people miss it and it goes right over their heads.
I believe, outside of the public part of the job, he's normal, funny and quite the entertainer...when he wants to be, like most people. Publicly, his range is usually from pretty boring to watching paint dry. On PulpMx you can usually tell that he's not just a box of rocks when it comes to dealing with people.

I think there's difference between a dry sense of humor and just...dry. He's a complete beast on a bike so I kinda give him a pass. I hope he's @ GH, but if he's not I applaud him for positioning himself to have a choice about going to work or not.
5/2/2014 6:54pm

GuyB wrote:
Oh Im sure they are! Mostly I would guess from wishful thinkers too. I just thought it was funny that he named vital in such a comical sense that this is where all the "rumor buzz" is going on.Tongue
Its cool he has a good sense of humor about it.
Hut
5/2/2014 7:02pm
I look forward to seeing a dominating performance at Glen Helen. Woohoo
So if he is reading the rumors on vital; what is his posting name on vital? Huh
5/3/2014 4:53am
Hut wrote:
I look forward to seeing a dominating performance at Glen Helen. :woohoo: So if he is reading the rumors on vital; what is his posting name...
I look forward to seeing a dominating performance at Glen Helen. Woohoo
So if he is reading the rumors on vital; what is his posting name on vital? Huh
Huck! Laughing

Post a reply to: Las Vegas Press Conference

The Latest