Lap time devices?

8/22/2014 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2014 5:44pm
I'm looking for something I can mount on the bar pad to monitor lap times as I ride. It would be for Mx and sx tracks...
I'm looking for something I can mount on the bar pad to monitor lap times as I ride. It would be for Mx and sx tracks only. I have looked at the GET lap timer and I have seen a few iPhone apps that claim to be good. The litpro seems to be ideal, but it doesn't look to be available to the public. If you're running one any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
If there your tracks buy the mylaps base and a transponder. That way you can file them and it gives u alot of details about every lap.

If your just going to these tracks (cant see just anyone going to a sx track thats why i thought they may be ur tracks) then the GET timer is great, heres a link to one http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/GET-MD60-LOG-GPS-LAP-TIMER-KIT
KTMShane699
8/22/2014 4:53pm
I also do triathlons and use a wrist GPS/HR monitor for those. You can set the GPS to time a lap based on location (meaning it starts a new lap when you pass the same spot). Using it for riding MX is great since it gives you a lot of feedback on your effort and your speed. And you can replay the file and see speeds in sections of the track. Not as single sport as the GET time and if you do any running/cycling outside of moto it's even more useful.

Shane
early
Fantasy
2139th
8/22/2014 5:10pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2014 6:36pm
I use this app Racechrono to time practice tracks, bicycle rides and even kayak and hiking adventures. You can track your ride and then go back and add a stop/start and different traps and then look at your split times and other data. Its a free app for android i dont know about iphone. The realtime display is a little cluttered so it might be a bit hard to read while riding if you have a case and method for mountig it.

I love this app and it has changed my life being able to time things in the detail it provides.

Edit: For android there is a free version and a pay version. Still dont know about iphone tho, Ive never had one.

Post a reply to: Lap time devices?

The Latest