Langston update?

soren346
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:25pm
Anyone hear anything? Hope he's OK.
|
3/6/2010 7:56pm
I was hoping to find this here too. That was ugly. Poor guy has been through enough and was doing so well.
RRsis17
3/6/2010 8:29pm
Just got this on facebook

Whitney Langston March 6 at 9:30pm Reply
Hello everyone,
I'm sure many of you were watching the supercross race at Daytona and saw Grant's horrific crash. We have had quite a few people calling and texting asking how he is. He just called us and let us know that he is in the hospital right now. He hit his head really hard and is going in for a CT scan.

Thank you all for your concern!

The Shop

jndmx
3/6/2010 8:41pm
That was a brutal crash.....hope everything works out for Grant.
Ddavis
3/6/2010 8:53pm
I was about to say "how cool would it be if GL won it!" then he crashed Sad he was riding the best i have in a long time
DanDunes818
3/6/2010 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:14pm
Ddavis wrote:
I was about to say "how cool would it be if GL won it!" then he crashed :( he was riding the best i have in...
I was about to say "how cool would it be if GL won it!" then he crashed Sad he was riding the best i have in a long time
I think most of us that race have had it happen like that. (obviously on a lower level). You know those days you feel like you'll never get back. I had one of those in the 125 Intermediate class. I had caught the 125 pro riders from the gate in front of me,15 seconds up on the Int class that I had never won before then, riding better then I ever had and blew my knee out in a corner. To this day I think that's the fastest i've ever gone. It's amazing how this sport works. Who knows if GL doesn't crash there he may of turned the corner on speed but instead he takes 10 steps back.

This sport is cruel and usually at the worst times.
ctaco188
3/6/2010 9:18pm
It looked like to me in the lites class they had some ruts up on there and in between mains they took the skid steer out and back drug it and didn't compact it. If you watch it when Grant lands he hits soft dirt and doesnt get the rebound off the top IMO.
41NDT
3/6/2010 9:25pm
Just seen the crash. After everything this guy has been through i'm sure this is just a blip on the radar for someone like him
Ge well soon GL8
GHR
3/6/2010 9:32pm
I got update from his wife, he is sore and hit his head hard but should be ok! Great news!
MX479Guy
3/6/2010 9:36pm
Grant was absolutely on it, and riding that bike hard. It hurt to watch the replay.

I hope he's ok.
3/6/2010 9:49pm
I hated to see that, He just seemed so happy to be there every time I saw him in the pits he looked so happy to be there, talking to everyone who wanted to talk to him.

Hopefully he is back out there soon.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
3/6/2010 9:51pm
GHR wrote:
I got update from his wife, he is sore and hit his head hard but should be ok! Great news!
Awesome news, thanks.
TerryB
3/6/2010 10:06pm
Great news! Here's hoping he makes a quick, full recovery. Lovin seeing him out there, and riding great!!!
Matt#49
3/6/2010 11:10pm
Ddavis wrote:
I was about to say "how cool would it be if GL won it!" then he crashed :( he was riding the best i have in...
I think most of us that race have had it happen like that. (obviously on a lower level). You know those days you feel like you'll...
I think most of us that race have had it happen like that. (obviously on a lower level). You know those days you feel like you'll never get back. I had one of those in the 125 Intermediate class. I had caught the 125 pro riders from the gate in front of me,15 seconds up on the Int class that I had never won before then, riding better then I ever had and blew my knee out in a corner. To this day I think that's the fastest i've ever gone. It's amazing how this sport works. Who knows if GL doesn't crash there he may of turned the corner on speed but instead he takes 10 steps back.

Way to go DanDunes.......use the unfortunate hard crash of a great guy to try and talk yourself up into something you obviously aren't!!! Why not just say "one day when I was racing and riding as fast as I ever have....etc etc" instead of raving on about catching pros and 15 seconds up on your own class!!!!
andymoto
3/6/2010 11:11pm
Best wishes GL8.

Looking better each weekend and hoped this would be his breakout race.

nobhead
3/6/2010 11:39pm
Ddavis wrote:
I think most of us that race have had it happen like that. (obviously on a lower level). You know those days you feel like you'll...

Matt#49 wrote:
Way to go DanDunes.......use the unfortunate hard crash of a great guy to try and talk yourself up into something you obviously aren't!!! Why not just...
Way to go DanDunes.......use the unfortunate hard crash of a great guy to try and talk yourself up into something you obviously aren't!!! Why not just say "one day when I was racing and riding as fast as I ever have....etc etc" instead of raving on about catching pros and 15 seconds up on your own class!!!!
Couldn't have said it better. Ps. Hope to see you out there next week Langston!
Ddavis
3/7/2010 12:22am

I don't know why people are trippin on you telling us about that, Anybody here that races know what you mean.. at Mammoth in 07' i was on a come from behind charge in the supermini semi and on the last lap i was chasing down the LEADER! at my very first amateur national, it was the semi, but still! then on the imfamous uphill, MY BIKE BLOWS UP Sad sore from pushing my bike back to the motorhome, i chose not to race my (12-13) main which was riiight after that race.
teggers
3/7/2010 12:29am
Good post Newbie!.....

GHR
Vital MX member GHR

tapptout
3/7/2010 12:35am
I bet he comes back more motivated then ever, he is a tough dude.
3/7/2010 12:47am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:14pm

Ddavis wrote:
I don't know why people are trippin on you telling us about that, Anybody here that races know what you mean.. at Mammoth in 07' i...
I don't know why people are trippin on you telling us about that, Anybody here that races know what you mean.. at Mammoth in 07' i was on a come from behind charge in the supermini semi and on the last lap i was chasing down the LEADER! at my very first amateur national, it was the semi, but still! then on the imfamous uphill, MY BIKE BLOWS UP Sad sore from pushing my bike back to the motorhome, i chose not to race my (12-13) main which was riiight after that race.
Man, you guy's sound like you are pretty good motor cross racers. I raced once. I got like a tenth place hole shot, and was doing all the stuff ,you know, giving it lots of gas, jumping the bumps, and making dirt shoot off my tire in the corners. I could do bermshots,wheelies,and was going to be sponsored, but I racked my nuts when I hit a poodle crossing the track.
I know what it's like, dude's. Motorcross is Gnarly.
DanDunes818
3/7/2010 1:02am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:14pm
Ddavis wrote:

Matt#49 wrote:
Way to go DanDunes.......use the unfortunate hard crash of a great guy to try and talk yourself up into something you obviously aren't!!! Why not just...

I was using a life experience to not talking myself up. That day was great feeling that turned into 10 horrible steps backwards similar to GL tonight.

The reason "Most" of us are such big fans of the sport is because we've done it for years(34 yrs for me) and can understand what these guys are going through in are own ways. Obviously not at the level of GL but in are own ways we had similar situations.
DanDunes818
3/7/2010 1:04am

Ddavis wrote:
I don't know why people are trippin on you telling us about that, Anybody here that races know what you mean.. at Mammoth in 07' i...
I like you Davis enjoy hearing people's personal stories on here.
KyleAST
3/7/2010 1:04am

Ddavis wrote:
Man, you guy's sound like you are pretty good motor cross racers. I raced once. I got like a tenth place hole shot, and was doing...
Man, you guy's sound like you are pretty good motor cross racers. I raced once. I got like a tenth place hole shot, and was doing all the stuff ,you know, giving it lots of gas, jumping the bumps, and making dirt shoot off my tire in the corners. I could do bermshots,wheelies,and was going to be sponsored, but I racked my nuts when I hit a poodle crossing the track.
I know what it's like, dude's. Motorcross is Gnarly.
Pinch oooo just got put down

Glad to hear Langstons doing well, I want to see him take podium next week
Pop
3/7/2010 1:07am
Great bit of riding by a couple following about 3 or 4 bikes seem to jump over Grant while he is on the ground. Who were those riders. i think one was Chisholm
DanDunes818
3/7/2010 1:10am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2010 1:11am
Pop wrote:
Great bit of riding by a couple following about 3 or 4 bikes seem to jump over Grant while he is on the ground. Who were...
Great bit of riding by a couple following about 3 or 4 bikes seem to jump over Grant while he is on the ground. Who were those riders. i think one was Chisholm
I'm not sure until i watch it again but I think the one that basically hopped right over GL was Rivas. I think he actually barely hit GL's arms which were in that unconscious locked position in front of him. it's crazy how close this sport is to brutality at times. 1inch lower and it could of been so much worse then it was.
flarider
3/7/2010 8:26am
From his FaceBook
Grant Langston: hi everyone, and thanks for the outpouring support, I have several injury's, but nothing to serious. I will be going for further evaluation, and will be out of racing for a while!

Post a reply to: Langston update?

The Latest