Lake Elsinore MX to host National?

Emetz
11/19/2011 12:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 8:09pm
RE: RACERHEAD

I also was out at "the interesting MX facility" in Southern California this Friday. My first thought while driving around was "wow this place looks like it is setting up to hold a National". With three major freeway exits providing access to the facility, and located in a town that's motto is "Extreme", LEMX might just turn out to be the winning choice for a National next year.

Racerhead this week alluded that the Southeast National may not materialize until 2013 and that they were leaving the last two dates of 2012 open.............hmmmmm. The picture at the bottom of racerhead with no caption was taken from Lake Elsinore MX park which is located right in the center of the So Cal motocross mecca.

Before you judge LEMX on its past, you have to see the facility for yourself!! Being on the commercial end of the construction industry, I recognize a huge investment in the facility, fencing, major grading providing elevation change, paving, ticket facility, parking, permanent power, etc.
|
mxjef
11/19/2011 12:33pm
Here's the latest video from a couple days ago... He gets a little excited narrating the video..haha

And the guy that made the video posted this comment today...

"I just got back from there, just wait until you see the next video. You will not believe what they are doing right now... TODAY! And what they will be finishing within the next 24 hours. This is beyond what anyone has ever seen on the west coast. There will be a lot of very surprised people scratching there heads within the next few days saying what the #*$ just happened? "
c3011
11/19/2011 12:39pm Edited Date/Time 11/19/2011 12:40pm
So is Pala out of the game?????? Is this going to be an outdoor SX track?
Hando
11/19/2011 12:49pm
i know the moto industry is based out of cali..but you cali has like 6 supercrosses and 2 nationals.

They should of never took away Glen Helen..Pala is a turd of a track. Most of these new tracks aren't even MX tracks ..they are just SX tracks with longer straights.

I love big jumps but there needs to be hills, off cambers, different terrains (not just sandy loam)

The south east needs a national...ditch Pala or bring back Glen Helen!!!
aidas512
11/19/2011 1:04pm
c3011 wrote:
It hasn't been announced officially but Pala will not be hosting a National in2012

The Shop

Emetz
11/19/2011 1:15pm
c3011 wrote:
aidas512 wrote:
It hasn't been announced officially but Pala will not be hosting a National in2012
Sorta makes sense since DC said the last two dates on the schedule were not going to be announced next week.
Highsider
11/19/2011 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 11/19/2011 1:33pm
Have LEMX and Pala back to back Nationals, so I can plan my moto vacation at that time.

The Pala national this year was very good...not the best, as I have been to most of the other National tracks, but totally acceptable.
Outsider
11/19/2011 1:43pm
Site of the next socal national....

RACERX69
11/19/2011 1:44pm
DC needs to quit playing fuck-fuck with Bud Feldcamp and get Glen Helen back on the schedule.
Glen Helen IS Motocross.
wildbill
11/19/2011 2:05pm
pala sure looks good on the tube though.
bobby397
11/19/2011 2:06pm
RACERX69 wrote:
DC needs to quit playing fuck-fuck with Bud Feldcamp and get Glen Helen back on the schedule.
Glen Helen IS Motocross.
Why do you think dc is the problem? Sound like to me bud had alot to do with it....
wawazat
11/19/2011 2:15pm
RACERX69 wrote:
Glen Helen IS Motocross.
bobby397 wrote:
Why do you think dc is the problem? Sound like to me bud had alot to do with it....
I'm not going to get into whos fault everything is or was. I will say I wish they would see they need each other. They don't have to like each other. Just one weekend a year they need to have all parties on the same page. If they could get over thier differences, the moto fan wins.
Sherwood
11/19/2011 2:20pm Edited Date/Time 11/19/2011 2:20pm
RACERX69 wrote:
Glen Helen IS Motocross.
Feldcamp needed to do the necessary improvements that where asked and fix the safety concerns before that would ever be possible.

Neither camp really needs each other.
burnside
11/19/2011 2:22pm
RACERX69 wrote:
Glen Helen IS Motocross.
Sherwood wrote:
Feldcamp needed to do the necessary improvements that where asked and fix the safety concerns before that would ever be possible. Neither camp really needs each...
Feldcamp needed to do the necessary improvements that where asked and fix the safety concerns before that would ever be possible.

What were the safety concerns?
Sherwood
11/19/2011 2:28pm
RACERX69 wrote:
Glen Helen IS Motocross.
Sherwood wrote:
Feldcamp needed to do the necessary improvements that where asked and fix the safety concerns before that would ever be possible. Neither camp really needs each...

burnside wrote:
Riders/others had safety concerns and I want to say one of them was the fencing Glen Helen used. Could be wrong on the details.
bobby397
11/19/2011 2:29pm
RACERX69 wrote:
Glen Helen IS Motocross.
bobby397 wrote:
wawazat wrote:
I'm not going to get into whos fault everything is or was. I will say I wish they would see they need each other. They don't...
I'm not going to get into whos fault everything is or was. I will say I wish they would see they need each other. They don't have to like each other. Just one weekend a year they need to have all parties on the same page. If they could get over thier differences, the moto fan wins.
Agreed, but if a promoter request ( in my opinion) you to make a couple of changes, you do it.
Mstock
11/19/2011 2:31pm
The best thing about watching outdoor pro mx is one thing. Elevation changes. Hills. Massive hills.

Or just run the SX series all year long.
Sherwood
11/19/2011 2:37pm
Mstock wrote:
The best thing about watching outdoor pro mx is one thing. Elevation changes. Hills. Massive hills.

Not every track needs hills.

You need variety in tracks.
Emetz
11/19/2011 2:40pm
Mstock wrote:

Agreed. Elevation change was the most awesome thing about GH. Looked to me like the Elsinore track currently has about as much change as Pala, maybe a little bit more. Since the original land was flat as a pancake, it just goes to show you the huge investment in moving dirt to achieve what they have now.

I think one of the issues will be the dirt because they are not (or at least under the old lease) able to haul in outside material, it all has to be native. The existing dirt dries out quick and packs like concrete. If they don't rip it before they water, it's slicker than deer guts on a door knob.
HuskyEd
11/19/2011 2:41pm
RACERX69 wrote:
Glen Helen IS Motocross.
Sherwood wrote:

burnside wrote:
I think one of the concerns also was access for the Asterisk medical atv to reach injured riders.
neverwas
Fantasy
868th
11/19/2011 2:44pm
Mstock wrote:

Sherwood wrote:

If it doesn't have hills isn't it just a SX?
I could see a sand track with no hills but Elsinore is no sand track.
Highsider
11/19/2011 2:44pm
Mstock wrote:

Two of my favorite National tracks, Redbud and even Millville, don't have what I call "massive hills".
Allracing
11/19/2011 2:46pm
So if they are adding two new tracks, what two existing tracks are not holding a national next year?
downandup
11/19/2011 2:47pm
Mstock wrote:

Emetz wrote:
Agreed. Elevation change was the most awesome thing about GH. Looked to me like the Elsinore track currently has about as much change as Pala, maybe...
Agreed. Elevation change was the most awesome thing about GH. Looked to me like the Elsinore track currently has about as much change as Pala, maybe a little bit more. Since the original land was flat as a pancake, it just goes to show you the huge investment in moving dirt to achieve what they have now.

I think one of the issues will be the dirt because they are not (or at least under the old lease) able to haul in outside material, it all has to be native. The existing dirt dries out quick and packs like concrete. If they don't rip it before they water, it's slicker than deer guts on a door knob.
There is no way Elsinore has more elevation change than Pala. Pala has a natural hillside that the main track was built into.

Elsinore is flat, flat, flat, and they had to build all elevation.
Sherwood
11/19/2011 2:50pm
Mstock wrote:

Sherwood wrote:

neverwas wrote:
Is it in a stadium and have 51 second lap times?
Emetz
11/19/2011 2:52pm
Mstock wrote:

Emetz wrote:
Agreed. Elevation change was the most awesome thing about GH. Looked to me like the Elsinore track currently has about as much change as Pala, maybe...

downandup wrote:
There is no way Elsinore has more elevation change than Pala. Pala has a natural hillside that the main track was built into. Elsinore is flat...
There is no way Elsinore has more elevation change than Pala. Pala has a natural hillside that the main track was built into.

Thats correct, and what I stated. They are moving alot of dirt (and continue to do so) to achieve elevation change from an existing flat site.
neverwas
Fantasy
868th
11/19/2011 3:17pm
Sherwood wrote:

neverwas wrote:
Sherwood wrote:
Is it in a stadium and have 51 second lap times?
I guess I am old fashion and like my motocross to have some hills, off camber turns etc. and not just a bunch of SX obstacles.
11/19/2011 3:18pm
RACERX69 wrote:
Glen Helen IS Motocross.
FUCKING THIS.
11/19/2011 3:20pm
Allracing wrote:
So if they are adding two new tracks, what two existing tracks are not holding a national next year?
Pala obviously, and if I had to fathom a guess, Steel City.
Outsider
11/19/2011 3:20pm
Emetz wrote:

downandup wrote:
There is no way Elsinore has more elevation change than Pala. Pala has a natural hillside that the main track was built into. Elsinore is flat...

Emetz wrote:
Thats correct, and what I stated. They are moving alot of dirt (and continue to do so) to achieve elevation change from an existing flat site.
It's a fucking lakebed.... there aren't enough dump trucks in California to build a decent hill at LEMX!

I used to live a few miles from Elsinore and rode there all the time. Had lots of fun there, and it looks like the new track will be a great place to ride, and obviously to watch a race, seeing as how it's a FUCKING LAKEBED.

BUT, to host a national there would be an insult to the sport, IMO.
Outsider
11/19/2011 3:22pm
RACERX69 wrote:
Glen Helen IS Motocross.
FUCKING THIS.
X FUCKING 3

Post a reply to: Lake Elsinore MX to host National?

The Latest