LAS VEGAS SUPERCROSS RACE CANCELED

line-up
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:07am
http://www.lvrj.com/sports/fuller--back-from-abu-dhabi--rejoins-nhra-ci…

SUPERCROSS RACE CANCELED -- A new international Supercross race planned for Oct. 16 at Sam Boyd Stadium has been canceled. No explanation was given.

The single-night event was to be promoted by Feld Entertainment, which also owns the AMA Supercross Series.

The event was to fill a slot vacated by the loss of Feld's U.S. Open for Supercross at the MGM Grand. The Open had been held annually in Las Vegas since 1998 but will not return this year.
|
BobbyM
7/16/2010 11:43am
so...the USSX is really done?
line-up
7/16/2010 11:49am
twmx, motocrossaction, racerx: no word on your websites yet. You guys are supposed to be better connected than local press

The Shop

Blake
7/16/2010 11:52am
Sport is dying anyway.
Like Anaheim area, Vegas is filled with 909/951 type bros and their accompanying tattooed 20K Milli skanks. This crowd is broke, parents arent paying the way anymore, and the money people don't want to deal with or be around that kind of shit and arent going either.

Shame because I have the hookup at the MGM. And that was the ONLY reason I went. Otherwise TV is fine, with none of the hassles.

burnside
7/16/2010 11:53am
can a race that was never announced really be canceled?
If its been running every year for over a decade, yes.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
7/16/2010 11:56am
Blake wrote:
Sport is dying anyway. Like Anaheim area, Vegas is filled with 909/951 type bros and their accompanying tattooed 20K Milli skanks. This crowd is broke, parents...
Sport is dying anyway.
Like Anaheim area, Vegas is filled with 909/951 type bros and their accompanying tattooed 20K Milli skanks. This crowd is broke, parents arent paying the way anymore, and the money people don't want to deal with or be around that kind of shit and arent going either.

Shame because I have the hookup at the MGM. And that was the ONLY reason I went. Otherwise TV is fine, with none of the hassles.

Vegas was packed this year and im pretty sure Anaheim 1 was sold out. Apparently the parents are still paying the way
peelout719
7/16/2010 11:57am
the Open sucked anyway. the only thing fun about it was the hookers giving me free drinks at the blackjack table
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
7/16/2010 11:58am
can a race that was never announced really be canceled?
burnside wrote:
If its been running every year for over a decade, yes.
how do you figure? I have not seen any form of PR for a US Open at Sam Boyd, this is the first ive seen of it. Its weird to say something is canceled when it never had a beginning. If it said the long running US Open has been canceled, that would be understandable. But theyre saying the US Open at Sam Boyd is canceled
line-up
7/16/2010 11:59am
Blake wrote:
Sport is dying anyway. Like Anaheim area, Vegas is filled with 909/951 type bros and their accompanying tattooed 20K Milli skanks. This crowd is broke, parents...
Sport is dying anyway.

Vegas was packed this year and im pretty sure Anaheim 1 was sold out. Apparently the parents are still paying the way
A2 was half empty this year, baby. Back in the day it would be sold out.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
7/16/2010 11:59am
Blake wrote:
Sport is dying anyway.

line-up wrote:
wasnt it raining, or am I mistaken?
Matthes
7/16/2010 12:01pm
line-up wrote:
twmx, motocrossaction, racerx: no word on your websites yet. You guys are supposed to be better connected than local press
This just in:

A race that wasn't officially announced publicly and no one had any real ideas of what it was going to be was canceled but there is no official announcement of the cancellation.

Is that what the media is supposed to report in the breaking news?
line-up
7/16/2010 12:01pm
line-up wrote:
you're mistaken. I was there.
7/16/2010 12:04pm
Blake wrote:
Sport is dying anyway.

And none of the Hotties!
zjbell
7/16/2010 12:07pm
Blake wrote:
Sport is dying anyway.

A1 wasn't sold out last year.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
7/16/2010 12:08pm
line-up wrote:
line-up wrote:
you're mistaken. I was there.
Was it perhaps raining a very large amount everyday up until the race?
BobbyM
7/16/2010 12:11pm
Blake wrote:
Sport is dying anyway.

wtf you talking bout willis?

sx and mx and especially the finale in vegas kicks ass. the us open was always a great event to attend also..you ain't a fan if you don't dig that shit.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
7/16/2010 12:12pm
line-up wrote:
Matthes wrote:
This just in: A race that wasn't officially announced publicly and no one had any real ideas of what it was going to be was canceled...
This just in:

A race that wasn't officially announced publicly and no one had any real ideas of what it was going to be was canceled but there is no official announcement of the cancellation.

Is that what the media is supposed to report in the breaking news?
thank you, exactly what I was trying to say
paul937
Fantasy
359th
7/16/2010 12:15pm
psychcle wrote:
Failed Entertainment?
That’s funny…..ha ha……

Do you enjoy the sport of SX? I’ll assume the answer is yes since you are posting on a board like Vital.

If so, you should thank everyone at Feld.
line-up
7/16/2010 12:17pm
this from the very same local website five days ago.
Again, not even a rumor from mx media.

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/new-supercross-event-bound-for-las-vegas-981…

New Supercross event bound for Las Vegas

A new international Supercross race will take place Oct. 16 at Sam Boyd Stadium.

Details will be announced Tuesday during a news conference involving officials from Las Vegas Events, which is providing sponsorship.The single-night event will be sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association and promoted by Feld Entertainment, which also owns the AMA Supercross Series.

Plans for the Sam Boyd race are to create a course that blends Supercross and Motocross to attract some of the best international riders.

The event will fill a slot vacated by the loss of the U.S. Open for Supercross that will not be held this fall at the MGM Grand. The Open had been held annually in Las Vegas since 1998.

The new event, not yet named, will be held over the Oct. 14 to 17 weekend with the inaugural Dew Tour Championships at Hard Rock Hotel featuring skateboarding and BMX competition.
paul937
Fantasy
359th
7/16/2010 12:17pm
And before you try to tell me that you USED to enjoy SX “back in the day”, keep in mind that basically the same people have been at the helm for almost 30 years.
BobbyM
7/16/2010 12:18pm
line-up wrote:
this from the very same local website five days ago. Again, not even a rumor from mx media. http://www.lvrj.com/sports/new-supercross-event-bound-for-las-vegas-98190459.html New Supercross event bound for Las Vegas...

A new international Supercross race will take place Oct. 16 at Sam Boyd Stadium.

Details will be announced Tuesday during a news conference involving officials from Las Vegas Events, which is providing sponsorship.The single-night event will be sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association and promoted by Feld Entertainment, which also owns the AMA Supercross Series.

Plans for the Sam Boyd race are to create a course that blends Supercross and Motocross to attract some of the best international riders.

The event will fill a slot vacated by the loss of the U.S. Open for Supercross that will not be held this fall at the MGM Grand. The Open had been held annually in Las Vegas since 1998.

The new event, not yet named, will be held over the Oct. 14 to 17 weekend with the inaugural Dew Tour Championships at Hard Rock Hotel featuring skateboarding and BMX competition.
damn...maybe the maloofs bailed
TeamGreen
7/16/2010 12:26pm
My favorite thing about this place?

It's not filed wth a bunch af Bitter lil' Bitches.

I'm jus' sayin'...
Matthes
7/16/2010 12:27pm
line-up wrote:
this from the very same local website five days ago. Again, not even a rumor from mx media. http://www.lvrj.com/sports/new-supercross-event-bound-for-las-vegas-98190459.html New Supercross event bound for Las Vegas...

Hmmm, I never got that PR and I'm on the Feld list.

My apologies, I know the PR guy from Feld and the Las Vegas Review Journal motorsports editor are tight and I suppose this LVRJ dude got a scoop. I don't believe a PR went out about what it was going to be about.
BobbyM
7/16/2010 12:35pm
paul937 wrote:
And before you try to tell me that you USED to enjoy SX “back in the day”, keep in mind that basically the same people have...
And before you try to tell me that you USED to enjoy SX “back in the day”, keep in mind that basically the same people have been at the helm for almost 30 years.
looks like us open at the MGM and the broncos offense suffered the same demise...they are both non-existent. SmileSmileSmile
RNagy052
7/16/2010 12:36pm
TeamGreen wrote:

I'm jus' sayin'...
Bitter lil' Bitches, you need to go to Non-Moto to get that type of action
TeamGreen
7/16/2010 12:46pm
TeamGreen wrote:

I'm jus' sayin'...
RNagy052 wrote:
Bitter lil' Bitches, you need to go to Non-Moto to get that type of action
Nah, read the hater post(s) up in this thread.

Ju's as Bitter as Nacho!
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
7/16/2010 12:46pm
line-up wrote:

Matthes wrote:
Hmmm, I never got that PR and I'm on the Feld list. My apologies, I know the PR guy from Feld and the Las Vegas Review...
Hmmm, I never got that PR and I'm on the Feld list.

My apologies, I know the PR guy from Feld and the Las Vegas Review Journal motorsports editor are tight and I suppose this LVRJ dude got a scoop. I don't believe a PR went out about what it was going to be about.
The LVR just reported a rumor as a news, then 5 days later, posted a correction becuase the rumor that was going around since the SX Finals didn't come to life. So line-up much ado about nothing, as long as he can again bash on the US media.

There were tons of rumors (like in all small society) but never any official announcement. The sad thing is that the Open is gone, the rest doesn't matter. At least Vegas will be lit up with the Dew Tour at that time.
BobbyM
7/16/2010 12:49pm
why was the us open cancelled?

Post a reply to: LAS VEGAS SUPERCROSS RACE CANCELED

The Latest