Kurt Caselli reference on Dan Patrick Show Today

hvaughn88
Edited Date/Time 9/11/2014 5:52pm
I was listening to Dan Patrick Show today, as I do every day, and as I was halfway paying attention, I heard the name "Kurt Caselli" mentioned and it surprised me. A caller brought up the "money raker" who did the land deal for Baja and how he blew off the dangers of the race so he could make money. Does anyone know who the guy is that he is referring to or what the story is? It was a short call on the show and the caller was "Mike in San Diego." I was caught off guard hearing a moto reference on a huge show like DP. I don't know much of the ins and outs of Baja so maybe some of you guys like manny or xeno or other guys may be able to shed some light on what he was talking about.
|
Xeno
9/11/2014 3:25pm
I'm not familiar with the "Money Raker" term. My Baja experience is with the two-wheel side, and most of that crew are of relatively humble means and somewhat genuine- albeit opinionated- nature.

The four-wheel, and specifically Trophy Truck, group has many "colorful" characters. Many of these guys are very successful businessmen who like to unwind by driving a 800HP truck across the desert at 140MPH. Some of the stories I hear about these guys are pretty crazy!

But shoot- more power to them for enjoying their free time in Baja.

I'm sure Team Green will be here shortly to chime-in. As soon as he breaks away from the blackjack table...
TeamGreen
9/11/2014 4:03pm
I have no idea who the Money-Raker is. There's been a lot of talk about the changes in SCORE racing due to the change in ownership. The new owner, Roger Norman, has made A LOT of changes with the intent of IMPROVING SAFETY for the Competitors.
9/11/2014 4:29pm
I had know idea what he was talking about? At least Dan was nice to him after the call, but it still looked like Dan was confused?
RMT
9/11/2014 4:39pm
Is Roger Norman a real estate guy in Nevada? The caller said something about the owner of SCORE being involved in the deal to bring the Tesla battery factory to Nevada. It didn't really make sense but might to those more closely involved.

The Shop

Xeno
9/11/2014 4:48pm
Yes, Roger Norman owns a large parcel of land connected to I-80 east of Reno. The portion along I-80 is developing industrial property.
I'm not sure if he owns the property that Tesla will occupy, but the residual leasing opportunities are significant.
peelout
9/11/2014 4:51pm
i've only been from top to bottom once, on a two stroke KTM, and i made it.

i'm no money maker though, that's fer fuckin' sure
hvaughn88
9/11/2014 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2014 5:52pm
After reading some of the responses, I think I may have poorly worded my original post. The caller on the DP show was calling the land developer the "money raker," not the riders/drivers. It was a very odd call, which is why I posted this. Hell, I feel like I follow the moto scene pretty damn closely and even I didn't know what the hell he was talking about. I can just imagine what the other listeners who don't follow moto were thinking.

Post a reply to: Kurt Caselli reference on Dan Patrick Show Today

The Latest