" Kreft suspension re-valve kit ".....Anyone have experience with it?

jeffro503
Hey guys....I listened to Pingree talk about it the other day on RacerX , and he raved about it pretty good , and seemed really impressed with it.

Any of you guys ( even Ping if you're around ) ....can you give me some feedback on this stuff? We ran into a couple vet guys that were running it at GH , and basically they said it was about unbelievable how well it worked.

This isn't so much for me but a riding buddy of mine. Looking for guys with experience with it.....not so much of the crowd saying " It's a waste of money....blah , blah , blah...haha.

Please!
|
walent215
10/9/2017 11:18am
I rode a buddys 15 sxf 350 and 15 six days 350....obviously it wasnt set up for me but it felt pretty good overall. I rode both of them at Lacr, which is a sand track, basically. With that said he mentioned each bike was about $2000 to have done and he sent one set back at least once to have redone. He is extremely happy with them but for me i couldnt justify the price tag . Not sure if that helps but is my only experience with them.
Tim507
10/9/2017 11:51am
I have the Kreft AER Re-Valve Kit on my 2016 350 SXF. Nice stuff. The forks are 2017 AER that I got off of Ebay. They did the rear shock also. Love my AER Keft SuspensionWoohoo

On my 350 XCF they re-did the 4cs set up to a Kreft setup, equally as nice!!
10/9/2017 11:59am
looks interesting even if its just a preloaded washer on the mid valve i think that they have a really good and tested shims stacks in them and the whole go from extreme enduroto supercross valving seems little to good for just a different preload on the midvalve washer. but what do i know. would be cool to see someone from Kreft come in here and wrote about it. or they should let ml512 test it, probably the guy in the business that have ridden the most kind factory suspension out there.
jeffro503
10/9/2017 1:37pm
Tim507 wrote:
I have the Kreft AER Re-Valve Kit on my 2016 350 SXF. Nice stuff. The forks are 2017 AER that I got off of Ebay. They...
I have the Kreft AER Re-Valve Kit on my 2016 350 SXF. Nice stuff. The forks are 2017 AER that I got off of Ebay. They did the rear shock also. Love my AER Keft SuspensionWoohoo

Hey Tim....I know have a lot of experience with A-kit stuff along with the CV and Traxx shock setup. What's your opinion on the Kreft revalve compared to the CV forks? Obviously there is a big price difference between the two , but money wise , you think the Kreft setup is a good choice then?

Reason is....my vet riding buddies tend to do all the West coast OTMX rounds...and every track is different.

It's the first mod I've ever seen where a guy can change the valving on the fly.....on top of your regular clickers and air pressure. Very cool idea I think.

The Shop

10/9/2017 3:54pm
I really wanted to get my suspension done by kreft, but Adam straight told me he didn't think he could make me happy since I've had a few revalves from reputable companies already.
geary
10/9/2017 4:26pm
Kreft comes to the table with a tight-knit crew of guys that all have various backgrounds in the motorsports industry. We all ride, period. The thing that separates our company is our additional scientific approach and engineering background to back up our product and suspension development. We are constantly testing WP and Sachs suspension to ensure we expose every bit of potential performance and reliability.

Revalve Control is the technology Pingree was riding. In short, RC is an externally adjustable mid-valve. This dramatically effects stiffness and feel of the fork. We offer this for the AER48 and Xplor. It works, you won't hear otherwise... the effectiveness of this adjustment eliminates the need to tear down the forks to adjust shim stacks for moto to singletrack, visa versa, and all terrain in between.

Our suspension isn't for everyone and I encourage you all to keep digging for feedback and reviews
Call us... we are always available to discuss the details

Thank you all

MG
Tim507
10/9/2017 4:28pm
Tim507 wrote:
I have the Kreft AER Re-Valve Kit on my 2016 350 SXF. Nice stuff. The forks are 2017 AER that I got off of Ebay. They...

jeffro503 wrote:
Hey Tim....I know have a lot of experience with A-kit stuff along with the CV and Traxx shock setup. What's your opinion on the Kreft revalve...
Hey Tim....I know have a lot of experience with A-kit stuff along with the CV and Traxx shock setup. What's your opinion on the Kreft revalve compared to the CV forks? Obviously there is a big price difference between the two , but money wise , you think the Kreft setup is a good choice then?

Reason is....my vet riding buddies tend to do all the West coast OTMX rounds...and every track is different.

It's the first mod I've ever seen where a guy can change the valving on the fly.....on top of your regular clickers and air pressure. Very cool idea I think.
My Showa A Kit (From PC, thus proprietory PC) was the Cats Meow, the downside IMHO was PC, as a dirt bike herbie, that was the type of consideration you got.

The CV was also excellent....however I wanted to try the AER Fork. Since it came off Ebay I had no idea as to how it setup. Adam is 2 hours away, had already done my XCF, add to that I'm a real slut when it comes to experiencing good suspension, it was game on.

It'll be interesting to see the suspension offering on the 18.5 FEWoohoo
Tim507
10/9/2017 5:15pm
tim are you saying customer service was poor?
In my Opinion, yes.
Henry_Van
10/9/2017 5:40pm
For what it’s worth had my aer and shock done by kreft very professional but very pricey too work well but after about $1100 bucks was disappointed that I couldn’t get rid of the slap down landing harshness and some other bad traits the air forks have and was told as long as it has air that’s what it is overall better than some other big name company’s for around the same price.
Henry_Van
10/9/2017 5:46pm
Also forgot to mention Craig decker at Enzo is excellent 1/3 the price and I still have the suspension he did for my 2011 Honda on my 15 cause it was that good
JB 19
10/9/2017 6:21pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2017 6:23pm
The 2016 350 I bought had a Kreft revalve and I called them to ask what fork springs they would recommend for my weight. Adam refused to recommend a spring rate. I told him my Suzuki had a Factory Connection revalve when I bought it and they recommended a spring change and it worked excellent.

Adam talked in circles for about 5 minutes about updated settings and my settings were outdated yada yada.....told me all he could do was send them in and get them redone for 1000$.

Instead I bought brand new Dal Soggio Sphere Cartridges for 1300$ from Protune and have been very happy.
Monk
10/9/2017 7:04pm
Hard to argue a set of Dal Soggio Spheres. I've pushed a season on them with over 200hrs and haven't found a single reason why one wouldn't go this way... I don't doubt anything Kreft produces isn't of the best quality though...
jeffro503
10/9/2017 8:27pm
Very interesting experiences in here. Thank you , you guys for chiming in. It's something my buddy ( and possibly myself ) may be looking at to get done. I see a couple so-so ( possibly bad?? ) reviews in here , with one being based on not their actual work , but previous work that had been done on a used bike. Either way....we'll take all this into consideration. It is hard to argue with what Ping says too , and it sounded like he was pretty blown away by the Kreft product.

Any more people.....please chime in.
swtwtwtw
10/9/2017 8:37pm
It depends on what one is looking for in improvements. Myself, I just think the AER is the best stock fork made. Two things have always bothered me with any good production fork, slap feedback on hard landings and initial harsh feedback on curbs. I am super happy with the new NEKEN ADS Air/Spring top triple clamp, as it has solved those 2 issues for me. Less than 500 bucks, totally worth it.
jeffro503
10/9/2017 8:41pm
JB 19 wrote:
The 2016 350 I bought had a Kreft revalve and I called them to ask what fork springs they would recommend for my weight. Adam refused...
The 2016 350 I bought had a Kreft revalve and I called them to ask what fork springs they would recommend for my weight. Adam refused to recommend a spring rate. I told him my Suzuki had a Factory Connection revalve when I bought it and they recommended a spring change and it worked excellent.

Adam talked in circles for about 5 minutes about updated settings and my settings were outdated yada yada.....told me all he could do was send them in and get them redone for 1000$.

Instead I bought brand new Dal Soggio Sphere Cartridges for 1300$ from Protune and have been very happy.
You and Monk have some more inf on on these? I haven't seen these before and know nothing about them.
jeffro503
10/9/2017 9:03pm
BTW.....this info I'm looking for is for moto only , not offroad. So if you guys have some moto feedback for Kreft or the Dal Soggio sphere's let me know. Just opened a whole new world with this stuff for me. Interested to know how this stuff performs on the track.
JB 19
10/9/2017 9:58pm
jeffro503 wrote:
BTW.....this info I'm looking for is for moto only , not offroad. So if you guys have some moto feedback for Kreft or the Dal Soggio...
BTW.....this info I'm looking for is for moto only , not offroad. So if you guys have some moto feedback for Kreft or the Dal Soggio sphere's let me know. Just opened a whole new world with this stuff for me. Interested to know how this stuff performs on the track.
I ride mostly moto and they work great for me. The cartridges have works level tolerances, coatings and finishes. 40 clicks of rebound and 40 clicks of compression. Plushness is their specialty, but they also have excellent bottoming control. They were initially designed for off road, but can be setup for moto when purchased.
Mine started getting a little stiff at about 20 hours and I changed the oil and they were back to square one. They seem to be more sensitive to dirty oil than standard production forks.....Maybe due to the tighter tolerances. The price is very attractive when compared to 4000$ Cone Valves. Some guys who have owned both have preferred the Dal Soggio.
PTshox
10/9/2017 11:02pm
Interesting... I'd like to get a closer look at that RC adjustable rod they have. Looks from here that there is a needle/seat
adjusted with the flat blade at the bottom that deals with rebound and a possible spring tension adjuster on that midvalve spring that tightens or loosens up the preload on that spring via the nut on the bottom... or it closes up the float on the shaft. Can't tell from the pictures exactly how it operates but looks to be one of these adjustments from a first glance.

It's a smart idea. Kinda like an adjustable deltaco valve from DaveJ.... And midvalves can really be restrictive so having a way to quickly adjust the midvalve in the ways mentioned above would be very helpful. Thus the reason you can get a wide range of feel from one adjuster.
mark_sxf
10/10/2017 5:03am
swtwtwtw wrote:
It depends on what one is looking for in improvements. Myself, I just think the AER is the best stock fork made. Two things have always...
It depends on what one is looking for in improvements. Myself, I just think the AER is the best stock fork made. Two things have always bothered me with any good production fork, slap feedback on hard landings and initial harsh feedback on curbs. I am super happy with the new NEKEN ADS Air/Spring top triple clamp, as it has solved those 2 issues for me. Less than 500 bucks, totally worth it.
How many psi do u run in the new neken sfs spring/air clamp?
I have them on my bike now but not rode with them yet. Base setting is 75 psi I tought?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
10/10/2017 6:47am
In my opinion, if you can afford it... if you're gonna spend $1,300 on inserts just look for some used cone valves at $2,000. Yes maybe you will also need them revalved but then you have forks for the next 2-3 bikes and can sell your stock forks.
swtwtwtw
10/10/2017 9:28am
swtwtwtw wrote:
It depends on what one is looking for in improvements. Myself, I just think the AER is the best stock fork made. Two things have always...
mark_sxf wrote:
How many psi do u run in the new neken sfs spring/air clamp? I have them on my bike now but not rode with them yet...
I have them on my bike now but not rode with them yet. Base setting is 75 psi I tought?
120psi. No problems .
My opinion using off road settings is that it is easier to go faster and be more comfortable on the track for anyone over the age of 40, regardless of talent.
Peace
Scotty Walker
mark_sxf
10/10/2017 9:53am
swtwtwtw wrote:
mark_sxf wrote:
How many psi do u run in the new neken sfs spring/air clamp? I have them on my bike now but not rode with them yet...
swtwtwtw wrote:
120psi. No problems . My opinion using off road settings is that it is easier to go faster and be more comfortable on the track for...
120psi. No problems .
My opinion using off road settings is that it is easier to go faster and be more comfortable on the track for anyone over the age of 40, regardless of talent.
Peace
Scotty Walker
Thanks, I will try both settings this weekend.
nytsmaC
10/10/2017 11:28am
In my opinion, if you can afford it... if you're gonna spend $1,300 on inserts just look for some used cone valves at $2,000. Yes maybe...
In my opinion, if you can afford it... if you're gonna spend $1,300 on inserts just look for some used cone valves at $2,000. Yes maybe you will also need them revalved but then you have forks for the next 2-3 bikes and can sell your stock forks.
I’d tend do agree, once you sink a grand into modifying your stock stuff that money is gone. If you can afford to pay more up front buying a used but good condition set of kir forks makes more sense to me, you can always sell it for close to what you paid and put the stock stuff back on the bike when you sell it.

If you tend to keep your bike for a long time and put hundreds of hours on it then it’s more of a moot point but seems like most guys don’t do that.
erik_94COBRA
10/10/2017 12:02pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Very interesting experiences in here. Thank you , you guys for chiming in. It's something my buddy ( and possibly myself ) may be looking at...
Very interesting experiences in here. Thank you , you guys for chiming in. It's something my buddy ( and possibly myself ) may be looking at to get done. I see a couple so-so ( possibly bad?? ) reviews in here , with one being based on not their actual work , but previous work that had been done on a used bike. Either way....we'll take all this into consideration. It is hard to argue with what Ping says too , and it sounded like he was pretty blown away by the Kreft product.

Any more people.....please chime in.
As many others have stated, the RC is a way to change the damping of the midvalve externally. It is actually a really good idea, but not $900 good to me (IMO).

When I first got my 2017 TC250 earlier this year I e-mailed them, and many other tuners, asking about initial suspension settings to try for MX. They responded but said that they won't make recommendations on the stock suspension. Seemed bizarre to me.

FWIW, I have ridden a buddy's bike (17 250SX) with a FC setup and it is very nice. Have also spoken to/e-mailed with slipdog and Derek Harris over this year and they both seem to have a good handle on changes needed.

Still running mine stock and it's very good. Time for a service very soon at least.
JB 19
10/10/2017 5:59pm
In my opinion, if you can afford it... if you're gonna spend $1,300 on inserts just look for some used cone valves at $2,000. Yes maybe...
nytsmaC wrote:
I’d tend do agree, once you sink a grand into modifying your stock stuff that money is gone. If you can afford to pay more up...
I’d tend do agree, once you sink a grand into modifying your stock stuff that money is gone. If you can afford to pay more up front buying a used but good condition set of kir forks makes more sense to me, you can always sell it for close to what you paid and put the stock stuff back on the bike when you sell it.

If you tend to keep your bike for a long time and put hundreds of hours on it then it’s more of a moot point but seems like most guys don’t do that.
I agree to a point. The problem is you will probably need a revalve and springs. By the time you pay 2200 plus springs and revalve you're up to 2500-2700 and that's for used stuff.

The cartridges are much cheaper and can be taken out and resold and the original forks returned to stock. It isn't a revalve where the money is gone. And as I stated, some people are reporting to prefer the Dal Soggio's. For what it's worth I had Ohlins forks before the Dal Soggio's and didn't see what the hype was about. I switched springs, but ran the valving the way it was. I only weight 150 lbs so that may have contributed.
rdmx151
10/10/2017 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2017 6:25pm
I had my 2015 sxf with the full package spend $1400 on kreft and I have to say that for that kind of money you will spect something out of the ordinary but is not my current 2017 was done by checkpoint and it was les than $400 and It works awsome

If you are going to spend that kind money you better get the good stuff and go for a CV
JB 19
10/10/2017 6:44pm
I'll also add that if I didn't have a bike with the junk 4CS forks I wouldn't have bought the cartridges or Ohlins. I would have sent my Showa's or Kayaba's to Factory Connection and likely had great forks for a fraction of the cost. The 4CS put me between a rock and hard place.
swtwtwtw
10/10/2017 7:55pm
JB 19 wrote:
I'll also add that if I didn't have a bike with the junk 4CS forks I wouldn't have bought the cartridges or Ohlins. I would have...
I'll also add that if I didn't have a bike with the junk 4CS forks I wouldn't have bought the cartridges or Ohlins. I would have sent my Showa's or Kayaba's to Factory Connection and likely had great forks for a fraction of the cost. The 4CS put me between a rock and hard place.
I love 4cs I have on my tc250, but they are not the mx version, i bought a set from a 6 days bike. No problems at all on a mx track. Best 600 bucks i spent on that bike.
JB 19
10/10/2017 8:13pm
JB 19 wrote:
I'll also add that if I didn't have a bike with the junk 4CS forks I wouldn't have bought the cartridges or Ohlins. I would have...
swtwtwtw wrote:
I love 4cs I have on my tc250, but they are not the mx version, i bought a set from a 6 days bike. No problems...
I love 4cs I have on my tc250, but they are not the mx version, i bought a set from a 6 days bike. No problems at all on a mx track. Best 600 bucks i spent on that bike.
They seem to work great for some people. My dad's 14'FE 450 has them and they never felt too bad, but his bike also has the Neken suspension triple clamp as well. I think it was Robby Bell who thought they were fine when Vital did the 2016 450 shootout.

I played with they oil height and clickers and could never get rid of the harshness on high speed dry chop. On a nice groomed track with lots moisture they seemed ok. When I sell the bike the stock cartridges will go back in and hopefully the next guy will like them.

Post a reply to: " Kreft suspension re-valve kit ".....Anyone have experience with it?

The Latest