Knee braces

Rdubs19
Edited Date/Time 8/24/2015 5:20pm
Anybody care to recommend something in the 400-500 dollar range, and maybe provide some insight about the differences between those and the ones that are $700 or more? Thanks guys.
|
Kawisrok
8/24/2015 9:56am
My only experience with braces so far in that price range is the EVS Web pro's, and I can't really say I'd recommend them. I'm not impressed how they slide down during a long ride and I can't seem to get them tight enough. I personally think the straps need to be more rigid. I'd love to see an anti rotation strap on them as well.
Spooner
8/24/2015 10:06am
Anybody tried the Mobius braces?
dak446
8/24/2015 10:11am
Kawisrok wrote:
My only experience with braces so far in that price range is the EVS Web pro's, and I can't really say I'd recommend them. I'm not...
My only experience with braces so far in that price range is the EVS Web pro's, and I can't really say I'd recommend them. I'm not impressed how they slide down during a long ride and I can't seem to get them tight enough. I personally think the straps need to be more rigid. I'd love to see an anti rotation strap on them as well.
I like mine a lot. I've got the Asterisk Zero G knee brace pants though, and it helps with keeping them in place.
8/24/2015 10:25am
I'm using the pod k300. I think they're perfect. Nice fitting. Don't shred your graphics. Not super super ridgid but they feel good.

I sometimes worry if I bought a pair of carbon fibers there's no flex in them with a big impact. Don't know if there's any science behind it but I feel better wearing a knee brace that will flex a little in large crash. Might save me from breaking a femur.

The Shop

Motofinne
8/24/2015 10:40am
I'm using the pod k300. I think they're perfect. Nice fitting. Don't shred your graphics. Not super super ridgid but they feel good. I sometimes worry...
I'm using the pod k300. I think they're perfect. Nice fitting. Don't shred your graphics. Not super super ridgid but they feel good.

I sometimes worry if I bought a pair of carbon fibers there's no flex in them with a big impact. Don't know if there's any science behind it but I feel better wearing a knee brace that will flex a little in large crash. Might save me from breaking a femur.
There are braces that are designed to break if there is a big impact, i know that the Leatt knee braces are designed to break in a heavy impact!
dak446
8/24/2015 10:40am
I'm using the pod k300. I think they're perfect. Nice fitting. Don't shred your graphics. Not super super ridgid but they feel good. I sometimes worry...

The carbon is designed to crumple at a certain load to protect from broken femurs
Kawisrok
8/24/2015 10:46am
Kawisrok wrote:
My only experience with braces so far in that price range is the EVS Web pro's, and I can't really say I'd recommend them. I'm not...
dak446 wrote:
I like mine a lot. I've got the Asterisk Zero G knee brace pants though, and it helps with keeping them in place.
I'm sure my problem is more related to my thunder thighs than the product itself lol..
Zaugg
8/24/2015 12:46pm
Get Asterisk...Great fit, tons of R&D, and I've had nothing but great service.

They also support the riders with the Mobile Medical Unit and they're really the first one's that brought affordable braces to moto.

BTW...those Zero G pants are so damn awesome. Why didn't someone invent those sooner? Pants slide on easy and my braces stay in place. Win Win

B-EVANS
8/24/2015 12:59pm
I've had the pod k700's for about 5yrs. Have broke the ligament hinges multiple times, broke the frame on one, and tore the knee cup off a bunch of times. Best thing I can say is I never felt any thing on my knees or even knew any of it was broke until took pants off. Won't ride without them
mx965
8/24/2015 1:50pm
I have a set of k300s for sale i wore 1 time $400 or best offer, if you want them shoot me an email Mitchostafin@yahoo.com
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
8/24/2015 3:35pm
These just got released today. Those patella knee guards look really good. The braces seem like a hybrid of the CTI X Mobius...

8/24/2015 3:45pm
Got my pods on amazon for 380 new. I have chicken legs, small fit good!

And i'll have to look back into the carbon fiber technologies...
PE526
8/24/2015 5:20pm
Rdubs19 wrote:
Anybody care to recommend something in the 400-500 dollar range, and maybe provide some insight about the differences between those and the ones that are $700...
Anybody care to recommend something in the 400-500 dollar range, and maybe provide some insight about the differences between those and the ones that are $700 or more? Thanks guys.
Ive had the Alpinestar Fluid Pro knee braces and now I'm running the Mobius X8 and they are both really good. I personally like the Mobius better, but that is because I have torn ligaments in my knee from a crash a few months ago. Both are great!
7/20/2016 1:16am
Hi Everybody, I am a new comer from Hong Kong. I would like to buy a knee brace and find that I prefer Asterisk Ultra Cell Boa because it's looks it is the best for the protection even bulky! However It is very very difficult to contact the company "Asterisk" nowadays. There is NO reply even I sent many times email so I ask for help from my friend studying in US. She told me can get the reply even after a few phone call! The product still no stock and wait! Do we have same situation?
JackLHyde
7/20/2016 2:49am
I've used Donjoy Armor braces in the past, but even after getting them custom-fit they weren't comfortable to wear. I could not grip the bike with my knees anymore, the pivot was constantly floating. My one and only knee injury happened because I couldn't grip the bike with my knees. Maybe other brands would've done better, but I will not use braces anymore. Fox Titan Pro knee guards make me ride safer.
Rotaholic
7/20/2016 2:58am
Pod K8s are about the best thing going these days, unless you pony up and get Cti2
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
7/20/2016 4:44am
Spooner wrote:
Yes, I love them. The full coverage on the front and the ability to tighten the brace through my pants are great.

Come with a bunch of pads to get the fit right. The knee stops are not in the hinge so they are easy to change. Had the TLD braces before, they are good too, but the Mobius brace is better.
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
7/20/2016 6:24am
Spooner wrote:
I used POD's for about 3-4 years and really liked them. However I've lost about 50lbs, and they were getting lose around my knees so I figured it was time for a smaller size. If not for losing weight I'd probably have never bought new knee braces.

So I really struggled with what to buy. Another set of smaller Pods that I really liked more than my previous Asterisks, or try something new. I decided to get the new Mobius. I went from XL Pods, to Med Mobius.

I'm a Vet B mx rider.

Initial thoughts were the Mobius appear heavier, bulkier, and more restrictive. Initial fit wasn't that good. One side fit really well, but the other just didn't seem to get comfortable. I almost packed them up and sent them back before I rode with them. However I decided to give them a try at the track, and hope that if I didn't like them I would be able to return them.

After the first ride and a few adjustments I can say I'm really glad I kept them. They fit great, feel very safe, and really don't weigh anymore than my PODs. I really like the cable tightening system. Really snugs up and pulls everything together for a safe feeling.

Overall really happy with Mobius, and glad I bought them. However the POD's were a great brace, and the correct sized ones may have been even better. In my opinion I'd give a nod to Mobius because of the secure feeling I get from the cable, but really can't say anything bad about the POD's,

Post a reply to: Knee braces

The Latest