Knee Braces - POD K4 or Mobius X8

PTshox
I need to buy some new knee braces because some dirt bag ripped off my CTI ones (actually took the whole gear bag).

I've narrowed it down to the POD K4 or Mobius X8.

Has anyone used both? And what is your opinion? A buddy of mine just bought the POD's and likes them a lot.

Txs,

PT
|
icrashalot
12/14/2016 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2016 12:47pm
I'd like to hear some opinions also I'm between both of these also, sorry to hear about you're gear bag op, people sick sometimes
EcoSX478
12/14/2016 12:52pm
The only knee braces I own are the Mobius X8s. I love them. I had a nasty crash at Southwick this season and I believe that the X8s saved me from having a serious knee injury. They felt a little bulky at first but you get used to them after a few rides. Hopefully someone on here owned both braces to give you a comparison between the two.
Motofinne
12/14/2016 12:55pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2016 12:56pm
I have been wearing the Asterisk Ultra Cells for the last 2 years but i ditched them a week ago.

My options were also the POD K4 or the Mobius X8. I went with the K4 after trying both.

I have done 3 surgeries on my right knee and it is quite a bit bigger than my left knee. The right large sized Mobius was way too small when the left one fitted pretty good and you can't buy them separate. So i went for the K4 and i could not be happier.

Really lightweight(i can't see why you would want the 800 dollar carbon version, unless you are loaded with cash) but still very rigid. And the possibilities of adjusting the braces made it possible for me to wear large sized K4 braces on both knees.

The only complaint is the straps. I'm not sure but i have a feeling that i will be forced to buy replacement straps once a year.

icrashalot
12/14/2016 1:04pm
EcoSX478 wrote:
The only knee braces I own are the Mobius X8s. I love them. I had a nasty crash at Southwick this season and I believe that...
The only knee braces I own are the Mobius X8s. I love them. I had a nasty crash at Southwick this season and I believe that the X8s saved me from having a serious knee injury. They felt a little bulky at first but you get used to them after a few rides. Hopefully someone on here owned both braces to give you a comparison between the two.
How is the straps on these? The only thing that concerns me with these is that the strap behind the knee cap looks like it could dig In or cause a rash on long rides.

The Shop

12/14/2016 1:31pm
Mobius X8 quality is bar none. Have not tried the POD to compare but I am very satisfied with how well the mobius protects during a get off. The functionality of the brace allows for effortless flexion of the knee, while preventing hyperextention.
12/14/2016 1:36pm
icrashalot wrote:
How is the straps on these? The only thing that concerns me with these is that the strap behind the knee cap looks like it could...
How is the straps on these? The only thing that concerns me with these is that the strap behind the knee cap looks like it could dig In or cause a rash on long rides.
Rode a 53 mile loop at Johnson Valley with the Mobius' on. Didn't even wear knee socks, had no complaints about comfort or chaffing following the ride.
EcoSX478
12/14/2016 1:53pm
icrashalot wrote:
How is the straps on these? The only thing that concerns me with these is that the strap behind the knee cap looks like it could...
Rode a 53 mile loop at Johnson Valley with the Mobius' on. Didn't even wear knee socks, had no complaints about comfort or chaffing following the...
Rode a 53 mile loop at Johnson Valley with the Mobius' on. Didn't even wear knee socks, had no complaints about comfort or chaffing following the ride.
It doesn't dig in or rash up with me. I do wear knee brace socks though.
petersen112
12/14/2016 1:56pm
I switched from Fly's knee guard (great guard just needed more support after fracturing my tibial plateau last season) to the Pod K4 and have nothing but good things to say about them. They are easy to adjust using the different stops in the hinges and the velcro pads to get a snug fit against your knee. Straps seem to work very well too, as I only snug them up and they never move. I'd recommend them to anyone.
Billet526
12/14/2016 4:38pm
I bought the Mobius braces last February and sold my PODs 2 weeks later. They are that good. I am very picky with moto gear and they are so good that I couldn't think of a better overall design. 2 small issues, the ratchet system does wear over time, and they don't flow any air through the brace, sweating more than normal is an issue. Spend the money.
tempura
12/14/2016 4:40pm
I've been wearing the K4's.
My knee joints are not what they used to be, due to years of martial arts.
The K'4s have really helped with providing support, my knees no longer ache while and after riding.
They are lightweight and comfortable. I'm glad I bought them. Saying that, I think the X8's have a better strapping system.
tempura
12/14/2016 4:43pm
I switched from Fly's knee guard (great guard just needed more support after fracturing my tibial plateau last season) to the Pod K4 and have nothing...
I switched from Fly's knee guard (great guard just needed more support after fracturing my tibial plateau last season) to the Pod K4 and have nothing but good things to say about them. They are easy to adjust using the different stops in the hinges and the velcro pads to get a snug fit against your knee. Straps seem to work very well too, as I only snug them up and they never move. I'd recommend them to anyone.
I agree, apart from the moving. Mine do move without boots on. Its possible I could make them no move, but I'd probably stop blood flow to my lower limbs lol..
petersen112
12/14/2016 5:38pm
tempura wrote:
I agree, apart from the moving. Mine do move without boots on. Its possible I could make them no move, but I'd probably stop blood flow...
I agree, apart from the moving. Mine do move without boots on. Its possible I could make them no move, but I'd probably stop blood flow to my lower limbs lol..
Do you wear any pants or anything? I've been using them to race snocross and I always have compression pants on underneath, which could assist in helping mine stay up. I too was debating between the Mobius and Pods, but reviews on durability led me to the Pods and so far I'm really impressed. I shattered my kneecap about 6 years ago and it always used to be sore. For the first time since then, I can wake up the day after riding without my knee being bruised or sore.
petersen112
12/14/2016 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2016 5:39pm
tempura wrote:
I agree, apart from the moving. Mine do move without boots on. Its possible I could make them no move, but I'd probably stop blood flow...
Do you wear any pants or anything under your braces? I've been using them to race snocross and I always have compression pants on underneath, which could assist in helping mine stay up.

To the OP, I too was debating between the Mobius and Pods, but reviews on durability led me to the Pods and so far I'm really impressed. I shattered my kneecap about 6 years ago (in addition to my fractured tibial plateau I had last season on the same leg) and it always used to be sore. For the first time since then, I can wake up the day after riding without my knee being bruised or sore.

Post a reply to: Knee Braces - POD K4 or Mobius X8

The Latest