Kenworthy's What's left

shmacky78
Some pictures from a couple weeks ago of the Troy Ohio National Track ... sickening and Sad!! But I finally got some closure after all these years. A long time Club member and Myself got permission to stomp around the grounds. Most of the pictures are hard to make out, but zoom in and look closely .. 2/3rds of the track is still there. Every Jump and berm has trees growing through it. Take a moment of silence and understand that most of these pictures look like the same over grown shot. But look closely and you will see the jumps/whoops/mogles are still there .. buried in the over growth .. enjoy

|
1/2/2017 3:56pm
Sad to see such an track deteriorate like that, thanks for the pictures though!

Allways loved the ama outdoors race there, especially the late 90s early 2000s.

The Shop

shmacky78
1/2/2017 4:08pm
If anyone is interested .. I have a few more pictures, and can also explain exact placement on the track ..hope you fockers enjoy !!
buggz
1/2/2017 4:10pm
What a bummer I was at the last national held there. Good times

Thanks for sharing
Skidaddle
1/2/2017 4:14pm
Wow. It doesn't even look like a track was there. It would take 50 years for a track to grow over like that here. Or more.
Sully
1/2/2017 4:30pm
Skidaddle wrote:
Wow. It doesn't even look like a track was there. It would take 50 years for a track to grow over like that here. Or more.
Not necessarily. Go to Google Maps/Goole Earth and look at Saddleback Park. You can see a faint outline of the track, but if you didn't know the history of the area, you'd be hard pressed to know what the land used to be.
slipdog
1/2/2017 4:49pm
I was there, back in around 97 I think, It was 105 and very hot. cool pics.
I raced that year, heat index was something stupid like 115. Hottest race I remember...
vetmxr
1/2/2017 5:10pm
Skidaddle wrote:
Sully wrote:
Not necessarily. Go to Google Maps/Goole Earth and look at Saddleback Park. You can see a faint outline of the track, but if you didn't know...
Not necessarily. Go to Google Maps/Goole Earth and look at Saddleback Park. You can see a faint outline of the track, but if you didn't know the history of the area, you'd be hard pressed to know what the land used to be.
does anyone have that location ?
1/2/2017 5:15pm
Wow that's a shame. I remember racing my pw50 there back in 98 or so. Always went as a kid to watch the national. Last time I was there was 04. Too bad somebody can't purchase the property and make it a track again. Even if it's just a local practice track. That F&S Suzuki on the start gate tho! Makes me miss my 03 F&S I had

GregDVT
1/2/2017 5:16pm
I was lucky enough to go out to the old Antietam track a few years ago. Everything seemed to be there, even a solid whoop set, concrete gate,there were just some small bushes and tall grass, to the point were we were actually riding the track after some minor sticker bush removal. I will admit I never saw it in its glory days, I've only seen photos, but it was a very cool experience none the less.

Post a reply to: Kenworthy's What's left

The Latest