Kenny's magic Suzuki setup

Lone Wolf
7/19/2016 10:36am
captmoto wrote:
The same style frame not THE same frame.
I don't think the RM frame has changed anyway since 08 anyway.
You are confusing the frame with the plastics. The RMZ450 frame was changed on the 2010, 2013 and 2015 models.
(((what)))
7/19/2016 10:55am
slowgti wrote:
The King rode the same frame from 93 until 96.
Smart Man, that's why he's the king. I believe he won 4 championships during those years (93-96), so I guess he didn't fix what wasn't broke...just...
Smart Man, that's why he's the king. I believe he won 4 championships during those years (93-96), so I guess he didn't fix what wasn't broke...just sayin.
It's a little more complicated than that. The 93 head tube angle was 1 degree steeper than the 94,95,96. That's the ONLY difference, and that's why he rode the 93 frame. 1 degree.
OleTex
7/19/2016 4:11pm
GarySemics wrote:
Kenny had better be certain he can adapt to the Honda. The Honda chassis has a very different feel than the Suzuki. I don't care how...
Kenny had better be certain he can adapt to the Honda. The Honda chassis has a very different feel than the Suzuki. I don't care how you adjust and set it up, the main frame is different and it's impossible to make it feel like a Suz.
This^

KRoc is in the zone right now. I also wonder how long, if ever, he will take to get it back on a different bike. These guys ride so close to the edge that bike changes can be critical.
kiwifan
7/19/2016 4:29pm
GarySemics wrote:
Kenny had better be certain he can adapt to the Honda. The Honda chassis has a very different feel than the Suzuki. I don't care how...
Kenny had better be certain he can adapt to the Honda. The Honda chassis has a very different feel than the Suzuki. I don't care how you adjust and set it up, the main frame is different and it's impossible to make it feel like a Suz.
OleTex wrote:
This^ KRoc is in the zone right now. I also wonder how long, if ever, he will take to get it back on a different bike...
This^

KRoc is in the zone right now. I also wonder how long, if ever, he will take to get it back on a different bike. These guys ride so close to the edge that bike changes can be critical.
You could argue every frame on other bikes is different from the Suzuki, he adapted well when he went from KTM to Suzuki so I dont personally see why he would have trouble adapting to the Honda, especially with HRC's involvement

The Shop

tempura
7/19/2016 5:04pm
kiwifan wrote:
You could argue every frame on other bikes is different from the Suzuki, he adapted well when he went from KTM to Suzuki so I dont...
You could argue every frame on other bikes is different from the Suzuki, he adapted well when he went from KTM to Suzuki so I dont personally see why he would have trouble adapting to the Honda, especially with HRC's involvement
Some like them (Honda) others hate them. Only time will tell. It's unlikely kenny is going to Honda because he just loves the bike and atmosphere... It's mostly about $$$ the truth be known. If it were about being comfortable on the bike, he'd surely be staying right where he is, don't you think?
Brent
7/19/2016 5:14pm
GarySemics wrote:
At least the stock versions of Red and Yellow are like night and day, I wonder if Roczen has secretly ridden the 2017 Honda factory or prototype bike at some point?

I can't imagine risking your peak earning years on a bike you have never even tried?
mx317
7/19/2016 5:58pm
I know Kenny is leaving RCH, but here's a dumb question for you about the rulebook: If Kenny wanted to stay with RCH and ride that...
I know Kenny is leaving RCH, but here's a dumb question for you about the rulebook:

If Kenny wanted to stay with RCH and ride that exact same bike next year, and the year after, are there any rules that would prevent him from doing so?

Yeah this would never happen but just wondering if it's possible. I know Suzuki would want him riding the newest bike, but if Kenny and the team really wanted to, could they stay on this '16 bike for the next couple years? He clearly found his magic setup and it's highly unlikely he would go any faster on a new bike. If he was staying with RCH you have to wonder why they would not take the "if it ain't broke don't fix it approach" and show up next year with the exact same bike and same settings from their notepad. I presume the rules won't allow this...

It will be interesting to see how quickly he adapts to the new Honda next year.
bikes are legal to race up to 5 years old that have been homologated.

you can race a 2011 bike this year if you so desired
There is an approved bike list on MX Sports website and the oldest bike listed is a 2012 with some models only going back a year or two.
kiwifan
7/19/2016 6:35pm
Brent wrote:
At least the stock versions of Red and Yellow are like night and day, I wonder if Roczen has secretly ridden the 2017 Honda factory or...
At least the stock versions of Red and Yellow are like night and day, I wonder if Roczen has secretly ridden the 2017 Honda factory or prototype bike at some point?

I can't imagine risking your peak earning years on a bike you have never even tried?
Good point, we will never know of course
PRM31
7/19/2016 6:55pm Edited Date/Time 7/19/2016 7:03pm
Does anyone think he'll be faster on the Honda? Not a knock on Honda, just a realization of how dialed in he is with this bike now. The speed speaks for itself. I think his competition is happy he's switching. I'll bet Tomac wishes he could switch, different riders just gel with the feel of different bikes.
kiwifan
7/19/2016 7:15pm
PRM31 wrote:
Does anyone think he'll be faster on the Honda? Not a knock on Honda, just a realization of how dialed in he is with this bike...
Does anyone think he'll be faster on the Honda? Not a knock on Honda, just a realization of how dialed in he is with this bike now. The speed speaks for itself. I think his competition is happy he's switching. I'll bet Tomac wishes he could switch, different riders just gel with the feel of different bikes.
I guess we wont know until Monster cup?
cable
7/19/2016 7:44pm
Im with Mr Semics. We will never see Kenny look like he did at millville, on a Honda. I don't think. The combination of suspension setup, traction, engine, looks right on the money. Reminded me of Larocco in 1993/94 on the kawi.
7/19/2016 8:03pm
captmoto wrote:
The same style frame not THE same frame.
I don't think the RM frame has changed anyway since 08 anyway.
Lone Wolf wrote:
You are confusing the frame with the plastics. The RMZ450 frame was changed on the 2010, 2013 and 2015 models.
Looks the same, must be the same bike,right?
51xc
7/19/2016 8:13pm Edited Date/Time 7/19/2016 8:16pm
PRM31 wrote:
Does anyone think he'll be faster on the Honda? Not a knock on Honda, just a realization of how dialed in he is with this bike...
kiwifan wrote:
I guess we wont know until Monster cup?
kenny won a1 on the ktm (450 rookie year) and a1 when he switched to suzuki. so I don't see any reason why he couldn't do the same on a honda. In other words, he was always fast right away when he switched bikes/ changed bikes.
kiwifan
7/19/2016 10:47pm
51xc wrote:
kenny won a1 on the ktm (450 rookie year) and a1 when he switched to suzuki. so I don't see any reason why he couldn't do...
kenny won a1 on the ktm (450 rookie year) and a1 when he switched to suzuki. so I don't see any reason why he couldn't do the same on a honda. In other words, he was always fast right away when he switched bikes/ changed bikes.
Good points

Post a reply to: Kenny's magic Suzuki setup

The Latest