Kenny's magic Suzuki setup

7/16/2016 3:55pm
I know Kenny is leaving RCH, but here's a dumb question for you about the rulebook:

If Kenny wanted to stay with RCH and ride that exact same bike next year, and the year after, are there any rules that would prevent him from doing so?

Yeah this would never happen but just wondering if it's possible. I know Suzuki would want him riding the newest bike, but if Kenny and the team really wanted to, could they stay on this '16 bike for the next couple years? He clearly found his magic setup and it's highly unlikely he would go any faster on a new bike. If he was staying with RCH you have to wonder why they would not take the "if it ain't broke don't fix it approach" and show up next year with the exact same bike and same settings from their notepad. I presume the rules won't allow this...

It will be interesting to see how quickly he adapts to the new Honda next year.
|
xr70
7/16/2016 3:58pm
Yes he can,no rules against that.
slowgti
7/16/2016 4:07pm
The King rode the same frame from 93 until 96.
brimx153
7/16/2016 5:28pm
did nt MA 800 ride the 2012 frame all the years .I say as long as the bike looks the same you can get away with it . But when the model looks different .There would have been 08 Honda s under the factory team s if the riders had the choice in 09 ,10 lol
7/16/2016 6:04pm
slowgti wrote:
Smart Man, that's why he's the king. I believe he won 4 championships during those years (93-96), so I guess he didn't fix what wasn't broke...just sayin.

The Shop

RMZ#
7/16/2016 6:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2016 6:24pm
I know Kenny is leaving RCH, but here's a dumb question for you about the rulebook: If Kenny wanted to stay with RCH and ride that...
I know Kenny is leaving RCH, but here's a dumb question for you about the rulebook:

If Kenny wanted to stay with RCH and ride that exact same bike next year, and the year after, are there any rules that would prevent him from doing so?

Yeah this would never happen but just wondering if it's possible. I know Suzuki would want him riding the newest bike, but if Kenny and the team really wanted to, could they stay on this '16 bike for the next couple years? He clearly found his magic setup and it's highly unlikely he would go any faster on a new bike. If he was staying with RCH you have to wonder why they would not take the "if it ain't broke don't fix it approach" and show up next year with the exact same bike and same settings from their notepad. I presume the rules won't allow this...

Everything changes once you start getting beat. If Tomac would of won today Kroc's magic settings would be thrown out the window.

As far as Kroc getting use to the Honda. That just depends on Dungey.
kiwifan
7/16/2016 6:26pm
RMZ# wrote:
Everything changes once you start getting beat. If Tomac would of won today Kroc's magic settings would be thrown out the window. As far as Kroc...
Everything changes once you start getting beat. If Tomac would of won today Kroc's magic settings would be thrown out the window.

Dungey wont be riding the bike, its up to Kenny
7/16/2016 7:11pm
RMZ# wrote:
Everything changes once you start getting beat. If Tomac would of won today Kroc's magic settings would be thrown out the window. As far as Kroc...

Well Tomac won last weekend, and apparently Kenny's settings werent thrown out the window...
51xc
7/16/2016 8:03pm
the rule of companies trying to sell new shit, better or not, says he has to use their new stuff so people will see it and buy it. they get paid to sell stuff, winning is just the best way to do so.
level
7/16/2016 8:06pm
Why is he leaving rch?
mark_swart
7/17/2016 9:58pm
Given that Suzuki isn't even changing the bike for 17, yeah, that part would be easy!
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
7/17/2016 11:12pm
I think Kroc should just use Tomac's setting from when he was on fire at Honda. Wink
FIREfish148
7/18/2016 12:05am
Anything Kenny rides right now he's going to win on. He's that dude right now.
7/18/2016 3:40am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2016 3:40am
level wrote:
Why is he leaving rch?
By signing with honda he can afford much more mac & cheese
7/18/2016 4:20am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2016 4:20am
Rules say you can ride a homologated bike for 5 years after its model year. Or maybe it's 3 years.
(((what)))
7/18/2016 5:18am
slowgti wrote:
until 01... Wink
GarySemics
7/18/2016 5:30am
I know Kenny is leaving RCH, but here's a dumb question for you about the rulebook: If Kenny wanted to stay with RCH and ride that...

Kenny had better be certain he can adapt to the Honda. The Honda chassis has a very different feel than the Suzuki. I don't care how you adjust and set it up, the main frame is different and it's impossible to make it feel like a Suz.
JAFO92
7/18/2016 5:37am
I saw KRoc doing stuff on that RMZ last weekend that Ive never seen a MXer get away with. Very Magoo-ish. No matter where he pointed the bike it went there and rocketed out.

Gary is sure right, hope they can tweak that red bike to his liking, that yellow bike is working bigtime.
jj welks
7/18/2016 6:30am
Honda must be paying more than the championship is worth Smile
7/18/2016 6:35am
It would be a real shame if he couldnt get comfortable on the honda.
captmoto
7/18/2016 8:42am
slowgti wrote:
The same style frame not THE same frame.
I don't think the RM frame has changed anyway since 08 anyway.
mx621
7/18/2016 11:28am
Dungey being the yard stick.. I think tomac was faster last year on his Honda than kroc is right now on his zuk...
7/18/2016 12:07pm
Kroc is head and shoulders above Dungey and Tomac. If RV was out there it would be a different story.
C-Rock
7/18/2016 12:10pm
If someone wants to ride that exact same bike next year, and the year after, and for all the years coming, chosing Suzuki sure is the right option.
Laughing
7/18/2016 12:18pm
Kroc is head and shoulders above Dungey and Tomac. If RV was out there it would be a different story.
Hahahaha, we'll never know who is fastest because these guys are never dialed in during the same timeframes. If we had an in form Poto matched up with last year's Tomac pre-crash and this year's Kenny it would be close. How awesome would that be to watch?

I say all of them during those stages are going as fast as humanly possible on the bike. Analogy - they are riding along the Grand Canyon cliff with tires over the edge and just the outside row of knobbiest keeping them from going down Smile
7/18/2016 12:21pm
Hahahaha, we'll never know who is fastest because these guys are never dialed in during the same timeframes. If we had an in form Poto matched...
Hahahaha, we'll never know who is fastest because these guys are never dialed in during the same timeframes. If we had an in form Poto matched up with last year's Tomac pre-crash and this year's Kenny it would be close. How awesome would that be to watch?

I say all of them during those stages are going as fast as humanly possible on the bike. Analogy - they are riding along the Grand Canyon cliff with tires over the edge and just the outside row of knobbiest keeping them from going down Smile
Sry but RV would of smashed Kroc. Kroc has lost how many titles to Dungey? RV didn't lose any against Dungey.
7/18/2016 12:23pm
C-Rock wrote:
If someone wants to ride that exact same bike next year, and the year after, and for all the years coming, chosing Suzuki sure is the...
If someone wants to ride that exact same bike next year, and the year after, and for all the years coming, chosing Suzuki sure is the right option.
Laughing
Very true! LOL My original question was more along the lines of it Zuk came out with a whole new design in '18 could the 16' or 17' bike still be raced and it sounds like the answer is: yes, you can race a bike up to 5 yrs old.
7/18/2016 12:25pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2016 12:26pm
Hahahaha, we'll never know who is fastest because these guys are never dialed in during the same timeframes. If we had an in form Poto matched...

Sry but RV would of smashed Kroc. Kroc has lost how many titles to Dungey? RV didn't lose any against Dungey.
I would tend to agree, but you'll never really know. Dungey wasn't as dialed in when he raced RV, and KR wasn't as dialed in last year.

I would say the GOAT would've smoked them all Smile
7/18/2016 3:34pm
The past is history, I believe KROC is just killing it. Love watching him ride.
Krallang
7/19/2016 9:54am
level wrote:
Why is he leaving rch?
RCH is closing shop from what everyone hears.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2511th
7/19/2016 10:25am

bikes are legal to race up to 5 years old that have been homologated.

you can race a 2011 bike this year if you so desired

Post a reply to: Kenny's magic Suzuki setup

The Latest