Kenny's Corner feat. Brian Swink

Neil_Romero
Edited Date/Time 2/1/2019 11:48am
I listened to this last night.... it was one of the most "real" and honest interviews I've ever heard. You could hear the pain in Swinks voice. Pretty dark in spots.
I noticed that it got pulled down sometime last night - cuz it's not on my app or on the site. Anyone heard why?
Anyway, Brian - not sure if you ever look at this forum or not, but if you do - Thanks for sharing your story.
And Kenny, thanks for bringing these stories to us.
|
hvaughn88
9/1/2015 6:34am
I listened to this last night.... it was one of the most "real" and honest interviews I've ever heard. You could hear the pain in Swinks...
I listened to this last night.... it was one of the most "real" and honest interviews I've ever heard. You could hear the pain in Swinks voice. Pretty dark in spots.
I noticed that it got pulled down sometime last night - cuz it's not on my app or on the site. Anyone heard why?
Anyway, Brian - not sure if you ever look at this forum or not, but if you do - Thanks for sharing your story.
And Kenny, thanks for bringing these stories to us.
I'm listening to it on Stitcher right now.
hellion
9/1/2015 6:37am
Rough start to this pod, lots of bro attitude and posturing. Then it got real, fast. I feel for the guy, and he's in a bad place. Not sure anyone can help him but himself at this point. I hope the kids listen to this and pay heed. This stuff is real and you should think before you turn to drink or drug.
kkawboy14
9/1/2015 6:42am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2015 2:55pm
The decisions and associates of a person will shape and mold your life! It's hard to take it all back but one things for sure, more bad decisions and more bad associates will never turn a life better.
tprice07
9/1/2015 6:43am
Will the DV one ever come out??

The Shop

IceMan446
9/1/2015 7:30am
Link to the pod?

I checked both pulp sites and cant find it linked anywhere.
IceMan446
9/1/2015 7:31am
tprice07 wrote:
Will the DV one ever come out??
I dont think so.

I for one would love to hear it though.
IceMan446
9/1/2015 7:58am
RacerMX24 wrote:
No problem man. I noticed it wasn't on the Pulp app.
I also checked the app.

Normally I get an update from stitcher if something from Pulp gets added.

Ill have to check on that.
davistld01
9/1/2015 8:00am
What a talent! Sorry to hear about Brian's downward spiral. Dope sucks...any kind.
JBlain619
9/1/2015 8:43am
I'm listening to this now. This doesn't sound like Brian at all.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
9/1/2015 9:32am
Brian did a podcast with Matthes a long time ago and it was rough because of the state Swink was in. He had him on the pulpmx show once or twice and he sounded way better. Now on Kenny's Corner he must have caught him in a bad state again.

It seems like he stuggles with mental health and as a result alcohol.

He was phenomenal to watch ride.
racer495a
9/1/2015 11:14am
Pretty gnarly stuff. Hopefully he can turn things around. Watson did a good job keeping it going. Stroupe or Izzi would be great for the next episode.
NATEP231
9/1/2015 11:19am
His Facebook post are usually pretty far out there...... similar to the latest ones

BSmooth13
9/1/2015 1:11pm
Dude...that was gnarly...

This guy has serious issues that need to be addressed, for his own well being. Kenny's first pod was a guy that had problems, addressed them, and then used the platform to try to inspire others with his message. Swink is clearly nowhere near that place, unfortunately. At some point, you have to want to get better, or at least acknowledge the fact that it is even remotely possible, but it doesn't sound like he's there - and that doesn't mean it's Swinks fault or that he is a terrible person, that isn't what I'm saying. I don't think he once says anything about changing his lifestyle or thinking that he is able to conquer those challenges in his life. For a guy that was/is such a badass and never let anything get in his way on the track, it's disheartening to hear him so helpless.

He was clearly far from sober during that pod. The fact that he admits near the end that he forgot it was being recorded as a podcast is pretty damn telling. I know Kenny was trying to be positive, and I don't know what more he could have done during that conversation, but Kenny isn't the guy he needs to be talking to about these issues. Kudo's to Kenny for trying to stay upbeat and encouraging throughout, I know how hard that is to do with a friend who has lost his way. Swink is down a dark hole and it doesn't sound like he thinks he has any chance of getting out, like he has given up on himself, and it's fucking sad.

If you're out there Brian, you've got one more major challenge in your life, and it isn't insurmountable - you've got a lot of guys who would be eager to help you, but that won't happen unless you think it's possible.

I hope things turn around for Swinkster, because that was truly a sad listen.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
9/1/2015 1:14pm
NATEP231 wrote:
His Facebook post are usually pretty far out there...... similar to the latest ones [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/09/01/103707/s1200_image.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/09/01/103708/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
His Facebook post are usually pretty far out there...... similar to the latest ones

Shit, I have to start following him...
motomike894
9/1/2015 2:11pm
I tried adding him hes reached his limit of friends lol.

On side note one of my buddies on the ricky post got him all fired up big time it was pretty funny.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
9/1/2015 2:15pm
BSmooth13 wrote:
Dude...that was gnarly... This guy has serious issues that need to be addressed, for his own well being. Kenny's first pod was a guy that had...
Dude...that was gnarly...

This guy has serious issues that need to be addressed, for his own well being. Kenny's first pod was a guy that had problems, addressed them, and then used the platform to try to inspire others with his message. Swink is clearly nowhere near that place, unfortunately. At some point, you have to want to get better, or at least acknowledge the fact that it is even remotely possible, but it doesn't sound like he's there - and that doesn't mean it's Swinks fault or that he is a terrible person, that isn't what I'm saying. I don't think he once says anything about changing his lifestyle or thinking that he is able to conquer those challenges in his life. For a guy that was/is such a badass and never let anything get in his way on the track, it's disheartening to hear him so helpless.

He was clearly far from sober during that pod. The fact that he admits near the end that he forgot it was being recorded as a podcast is pretty damn telling. I know Kenny was trying to be positive, and I don't know what more he could have done during that conversation, but Kenny isn't the guy he needs to be talking to about these issues. Kudo's to Kenny for trying to stay upbeat and encouraging throughout, I know how hard that is to do with a friend who has lost his way. Swink is down a dark hole and it doesn't sound like he thinks he has any chance of getting out, like he has given up on himself, and it's fucking sad.

If you're out there Brian, you've got one more major challenge in your life, and it isn't insurmountable - you've got a lot of guys who would be eager to help you, but that won't happen unless you think it's possible.

I hope things turn around for Swinkster, because that was truly a sad listen.
I'm not sure you know this, but Kenny Watson had, and dealt with his own demons. If anyone knows what Brian is going through it is Kenny, so IMHO there is no better person to actually try and help Brian.
BSmooth13
9/1/2015 2:47pm
avidchimp wrote:
I'm not sure you know this, but Kenny Watson had, and dealt with his own demons. If anyone knows what Brian is going through it is...
I'm not sure you know this, but Kenny Watson had, and dealt with his own demons. If anyone knows what Brian is going through it is Kenny, so IMHO there is no better person to actually try and help Brian.
Yea I'm aware of that, but I was talking more in a clinical sense. Kenny can relate to him for sure, it just didn't seem like his approach was having much of any impact. It was only a 52 mins pod, so it's not like he was attempting therapy....I see your point though. Regardless, this isn't a topic that warrants a debate/argue, not was that what I was going for. I just hope the guy gets better. That's all, I'll leave it at that.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
9/1/2015 2:51pm
avidchimp wrote:
I'm not sure you know this, but Kenny Watson had, and dealt with his own demons. If anyone knows what Brian is going through it is...
BSmooth13 wrote:
Yea I'm aware of that, but I was talking more in a clinical sense. Kenny can relate to him for sure, it just didn't seem like...
Yea I'm aware of that, but I was talking more in a clinical sense. Kenny can relate to him for sure, it just didn't seem like his approach was having much of any impact. It was only a 52 mins pod, so it's not like he was attempting therapy....I see your point though. Regardless, this isn't a topic that warrants a debate/argue, not was that what I was going for. I just hope the guy gets better. That's all, I'll leave it at that.
No argument from me, we are on the same page.
Motofinne
9/1/2015 3:07pm
Damn that was rough to listen to, Kenny did manage the darker parts of the podcast very well.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
9/1/2015 3:09pm
I've always wondered 2 things about Swink's career:

1. I watched him win a 250 moto at RedBud but moto 2 was a different story. I recall people around him after the moto like he was spent, what happened?

2. When he was on Honda of Troy he was on a very solid 250 after being on some sub par Suzuki's at the time. That was a good opportunity or was he over it by then?
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
9/1/2015 3:28pm
Is he having trouble with booze or what? I'm about ten min in
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
9/1/2015 4:06pm
imoto34 wrote:
Is he having trouble with booze or what? I'm about ten min in
Yeah I answered my own question after listening. Very sad. Hope he gets straight for him self
NATEP231
9/1/2015 11:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2015 11:31pm
I tried adding him hes reached his limit of friends lol. On side note one of my buddies on the ricky post got him all fired...
I tried adding him hes reached his limit of friends lol.

On side note one of my buddies on the ricky post got him all fired up big time it was pretty funny.
Breck can ruffle the feathers on a baby seal if he wanted to. The comments back and forth were unreal crazy
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
9/2/2015 3:51am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2015 4:09am
That was really good. Thanks to Kenny and Swink.
RustyDelux
9/2/2015 4:54am
About 2 years ago I was looking for a new house with some property. Found a Ranch on 10 acres that looked good. Realtor took us over there one afternoon. Walked in the front door, and the house felt off. It hadn't been taken care of, and honestly, it felt sad. Start going through the house - seems like a normal house. Hit the kids bedrooms and I see a few posters for jeremy mcgrath and a signed McGrath jersey on the wall. Pretty cool.

When we hit the basement everything clicked. On the shelves in the basement was a collection of custom painted helmets and jerseys down there. It was Brian Swink's house. The vibe was rough. You could tell it was someone fighting with issues.

We ultimately did not buy the house. It did have a nice track in the back under the weeds. My understanding is he built the house after his 125 championship. I later learned that his parents house was next door, and this was around the time he was making his move to Florida.

Anyway - my point was - his home did not feel well when I was there 2 years ago. Now, listening to this podcast. I understand why. Too bad. Hope he can achieve the recovery he needs.

Post a reply to: Kenny's Corner feat. Brian Swink

The Latest