Kenny is Klassy

bents
Fantasy
710th
Edited Date/Time 5/29/2014 9:57am
I thought K-Roc did an amazing job of staying classy after that nut breaker, especially in the 2nd moto. Déjà vu for Dungey from his fight with RV at Steel City when he led the entire moto up until the last turn. This time he was on the good end, but he too handled it with grace. Kenny has always shown that he can race for wins and either way, once it is over the dude shows respect, especially for a young guy with everything going for him. Stay classy Kenny! Good job.
|
mgifracing
Fantasy
346th
5/28/2014 2:26pm
i agree bents, Some of the others may have thrown a big ball baby fit.
IWreckALot
5/28/2014 2:30pm
mgifracing wrote:
i agree bents, Some of the others may have thrown a big ball baby fit.
Including Dungey. I'm a Dungey fan but he generally needs a little time to himself after a loss like KRoc took.
Stephon
5/28/2014 2:44pm
Agreed, I really like how KR is running his career.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
5/28/2014 2:44pm
Didn't Kenny have a bunch of these in 2012 where he got passed at the end of a few races?

The Shop

level
5/28/2014 2:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2014 2:45pm
Kenny is one of the classiest and nicest riders out there. He is always great on the podium. Has a great head on his shoulders. Just a class act. He is mature beyond his years.
HOPSTOOPID
5/28/2014 2:59pm
One of the youngest competitors in the 450 Class, and the most mature.

Kenny is def my favorite import rider that ever came to the US by far.
Titan1
5/28/2014 3:02pm
I like Ken...and I appreciate how graceful he takes losing (at least in public)...especially a tough loss like that. But I also appreciate the guys that get absolutely pissed off when they lose...

I was standing by the podium after the Utah round last year (where RV wrapped up the title), and Dungey rode over behind the podium and took his helmet off and just look pissed (and sat there for like 5 minutes)...I liked it. He then got on the podium and put on his happy face and congratulated RV and thanked his team.
Stephon
5/28/2014 3:11pm
Titan1 wrote:
I like Ken...and I appreciate how graceful he takes losing (at least in public)...especially a tough loss like that. But I also appreciate the guys that...
I like Ken...and I appreciate how graceful he takes losing (at least in public)...especially a tough loss like that. But I also appreciate the guys that get absolutely pissed off when they lose...

I was standing by the podium after the Utah round last year (where RV wrapped up the title), and Dungey rode over behind the podium and took his helmet off and just look pissed (and sat there for like 5 minutes)...I liked it. He then got on the podium and put on his happy face and congratulated RV and thanked his team.
I absolutely think Kenny gets pissed off by tough losses. He's just graceful in the way he processes it. I'd say Dungey is graceful too, just in a different way.
Titan1
5/28/2014 3:14pm
Titan1 wrote:
I like Ken...and I appreciate how graceful he takes losing (at least in public)...especially a tough loss like that. But I also appreciate the guys that...

Stephon wrote:
I absolutely think Kenny gets pissed off by tough losses. He's just graceful in the way he processes it. I'd say Dungey is graceful too, just...
I absolutely think Kenny gets pissed off by tough losses. He's just graceful in the way he processes it. I'd say Dungey is graceful too, just in a different way.
I'm sure he does too...in private...but I don't mind a little sour grapes on the podium after a tough loss like that second moto...
peelout
5/28/2014 3:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2014 3:15pm
Titan1 wrote:

i remember that... but i think anyone would be pissed if they just got beat by 30+ in both moto's... RV was on a different level that day
bents
Fantasy
710th
5/28/2014 9:04pm
I agree boys, no one likes to lose, and a little time and space is helpful to gather one's thoughts before having to face the media, or a fellow competitor. But with cameras everywhere these days it's tough to find a minutes' peace. Considering his age we would understand it if he threw his helmet off and made a bit of a hissy fit but the dude has been solid in these situations.
ocscottie
5/28/2014 10:21pm
He was pissed! you know it, and i know it. But handled it like a champ.

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
5/29/2014 1:00am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2014 1:00am
HOPSTOOPID wrote:
One of the youngest competitors in the 450 Class, and the most mature. Kenny is def my favorite import rider that ever came to the US...

On the topic of being young, I find it crazy that Jeremy Martin is 21 and Kenny only just turned 20 last month.
JB479
5/29/2014 1:40am
HOPSTOOPID wrote:
One of the youngest competitors in the 450 Class, and the most mature. Kenny is def my favorite import rider that ever came to the US...

Derpin' DJ wrote:
On the topic of being young, I find it crazy that Jeremy Martin is 21 and Kenny only just turned 20 last month.
Its crazy to think he only just turned 20….

In that time he has won GP's and a title and also won an SX lites tittle.

Riders like wilson and Bagget are 2 years older than him…..

He's still younger than most of the 250 class… besides some rookies,

I remember seeing a photo of roczen scrubbing on an rmz250 and his age was 13, just crazy to be riding a 250 at that age, most kids in australia are only just getting on 125 2 strokes then….
5/29/2014 1:50am
Surprising how little love there has been for kenny on here after a great 450 mx debut! Very special talent- people in gps have been saying it for years! He really is the full package, a sponsors dream! Great rider, really good with the media- an exceptional talent..I expect a dogfight between him and dungey for the title this year- its unusual for any rider to be competing for the title in their first season in 450s but we've already seen it in supercross with him being up there right away- he is stronger outdoors than in supercross so its going to be a great season for ktm!!!

Still remember the first time i saw roczen riding gps (mallory park british gp in 2009- his pro debut) - you could tell then the 14 year old kid was going to be something special!

He will have been gutted that he got beaten by only a few feet for BOTH moto wins!!! But he is smart enough to see the big picture. He is still in the hunt for the championship- narrowly missing out on the overall. Impressive debut by anyones standards
jamma10
5/29/2014 2:02am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2014 2:13am
Mallory Park in 2009 was the first time I saw him ride in person too.

I was eager to see this young German kid who was being touted as a bit of a sensation. He'd bagged a 2nd place in only his fourth ever professional moto the week before in Spain and although he didn't have such a great result at Mallory (8th and a 9th) you could tell the kid was destined for big things and had style for days, even though he was absolutely tiny!!!

Nothing seems to phase him and he has always had talent and maturity way beyond his years. The kid is pure class.

(edit. although he does throw his toys out of the pram occasionally)
5/29/2014 3:29am
HOPSTOOPID wrote:

I agree, he is really great at PR, brings a very positive image to his sponsors.

I am a big fan since he did good results in what more riders should have done in a season:
SX West
World Championship
Monster Cup
MXdN

5/29/2014 3:56am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2014 3:59am
It looked to me like Kenny was caught totally off guard by that pass. Did I hear GL say RD ran him off the track? Didn't look dirty to me, but you could tell Dunge wanted it for sure and executed it with perfect timing. IMO Kenny had enough to answer and I think he might have been a little pissed that he may have left a little on the track. This will be fun to see these team mates go at it all summer.

I remember BT and RV slugging it out all summer and keeping it clean. It will be interesting to see if these two teammates can do the same.
Crush
5/29/2014 3:58am
HOPSTOOPID wrote:

Derpin' DJ wrote:
Ya I heard that too. Weird, he turned pro last year right? Not often you see the guys hanging in amateurs for longer, good for him tho!
5/29/2014 4:05am
HOPSTOOPID wrote:

Derpin' DJ wrote:
Crush wrote:
Ya I heard that too. Weird, he turned pro last year right? Not often you see the guys hanging in amateurs for longer, good for him...
Ya I heard that too. Weird, he turned pro last year right? Not often you see the guys hanging in amateurs for longer, good for him tho!
Mom and Dad may have wanted him to finish School before really pooring himself into racing. Would be interesting to know a little more about those folks. Off topic I know, but are they related to the Martin guy in the Penton story?
5/29/2014 4:08am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2014 5:18am
Kenny again straight out of the gates yeah, think the KTM will work outdoors and he wants to show Dungy what's up before he goes back to his old days on Red Bull Suzuki, yes red bull only a personal sponsor but also a very generous one as well, and factory suzuki bikes next year, remember 1st year in open bikes, next year on a suzuki he loves and has tested will be one of the dominent riders, like he's not now yeah?

This kid has the passion as again another rider who looks to th USA as the pinnacle of the sport and will show his dedication and commitment to leave his country and work hard and show you guys again that you are so lucky to have this in your own back yard, but someone who has to leave home with the belief that he is better and than your guys and has the talent, the dedication and belief in himself to come show you guys what's up!!
5/29/2014 4:29am
Kenny again straight out of the gates yeah, think the KTM will work outdoors and he wants to show Dungy what's up before he goes back...
Kenny again straight out of the gates yeah, think the KTM will work outdoors and he wants to show Dungy what's up before he goes back to his old days on Red Bull Suzuki, yes red bull only a personal sponsor but also a very generous one as well, and factory suzuki bikes next year, remember 1st year in open bikes, next year on a suzuki he loves and has tested will be one of the dominent riders, like he's not now yeah?

This kid has the passion as again another rider who looks to th USA as the pinnacle of the sport and will show his dedication and commitment to leave his country and work hard and show you guys again that you are so lucky to have this in your own back yard, but someone who has to leave home with the belief that he is better and than your guys and has the talent, the dedication and belief in himself to come show you guys what's up!!
To bad, almost made it one whole page, before someone started the us VS them stuff.
5/29/2014 4:41am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2014 11:24am
You can all be assured there will be some less class displayed if something like this happens to Ken at say, Rd 6 or 8.

I'm not saying he will burn the hauler down. Maybe a nod instead of handshake, more blaming the bike, track or lappers. The kid is great but I never hear him say " oh I screwed that turn or whatever up, I should have known better."

5/29/2014 4:43am
Thinking about it I also raced with Willy Surat in New Zealand , also got to see the great Donny Shmit, badder mane, mike sealy, mike (can trembler his last name, think he was American Indian ? plus MCGrath racing the Nations in 93 at Swanenstad Austria, also mike Larocco, , but remember Stephan Evererts hitting a down hill by pre jumping the 4th last breaking bump and landing down the drop off and accelerating out when everyone else were braking and then jumping off the down hill, Everts ruled that event, with that pretty sure he schooled your guys! Fact not shit stir! Haha, but please tell me if I,m wrong
5/29/2014 4:45am
I'm on the Kroc bandwagon. I still have not forgotten how he went over to Reed and offered him some comfort after that bad SX crash. I hope he has a long and successful career here in the U.S.
IWreckALot
5/29/2014 4:52am
It looked to me like Kenny was caught totally off guard by that pass. Did I hear GL say RD ran him off the track? Didn't...
It looked to me like Kenny was caught totally off guard by that pass. Did I hear GL say RD ran him off the track? Didn't look dirty to me, but you could tell Dunge wanted it for sure and executed it with perfect timing. IMO Kenny had enough to answer and I think he might have been a little pissed that he may have left a little on the track. This will be fun to see these team mates go at it all summer.

I remember BT and RV slugging it out all summer and keeping it clean. It will be interesting to see if these two teammates can do the same.
Dungey took him pretty close to the track markers but there was still some room I think. The TV angle might have been a little deceiving also.

I mentioned a little earlier that I think KRoc was at a huge disadvantage with Dungey right on him the whole race. That track was very line oriented and Dungey could watch KRoc take his lines and see which ones were faster. So I think the end of the race was Dungey taking the lines he knew worked and Dungey is a bit of a veteran and took the lines that KRoc could have passed him with.

And don't bother with that lovechild idiot. . . he's got an agenda to push. . . He bombed a Reed thread with his first post and he seems to be a one trick monkey since then.
5/29/2014 4:56am
Exactly, that was awesome and showed a lot of respect, and also from Reedy that he acknowledge and spoke if his respect, just shows how much the people that have to 1st make it out if there country and then get to the USA really have the respect your series deserves, that know how hard it is to get there and feel and respect the others that have fight there way over there, don't see your guys going up to say sorry and see if your ok, Americans , all about themselves and no respect for how hard other competitors the road has been to get there, that's why they kick ass, cause they had to fight so hard just to get out of there countries, don't see Barcia ever checking if anyone is ok, but hey, he put a bullseye on his back and I know mookie has been practicing his darts, couldn't happen to a nicer guy!!
5/29/2014 5:00am
Hey wreckalot, your username says it all buddy, try using the clutch and rear brake some times , may help, but then again probably not redneck!
5/29/2014 5:02am
Funny I didn't bomb I wreckalot dipshit, got way more bites than I expected and you my redneck friend were one of them, thanks against for mentioning my name dip shit!!!!!

Post a reply to: Kenny is Klassy

The Latest