Ken Roczen to race on 350 @ Daytona and SLC

Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3120th
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:54pm
On Twitter:

KenRoczen94
soo guys i ll ride 250 on the we. but 450 again in daytona!! and salt lake an vegas 250
|
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3120th
2/16/2011 1:25pm
I guess he meant 250 at SLC and Vegas too. Either way, doesn't he have GP's to be doing during those races? I'm no GP follower so I wouldn't know.
CeeTee
2/16/2011 1:31pm
Daytona should be good for him, similar to an outdoor track! cant wait!!
kongols
2/16/2011 1:32pm
Rewindcaz wrote:
I guess he meant 250 at SLC and Vegas too. Either way, doesn't he have GP's to be doing during those races? I'm no GP follower...
I guess he meant 250 at SLC and Vegas too. Either way, doesn't he have GP's to be doing during those races? I'm no GP follower so I wouldn't know.
No but he`ll be living pretty much in airports and on a plane.

The Shop

mccread
2/16/2011 1:50pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2011 1:51pm
Rewindcaz wrote:
I guess he meant 250 at SLC and Vegas too. Either way, doesn't he have GP's to be doing during those races? I'm no GP follower...
Why would you not follow the GPs?!

I think it is a bigger risk for Ken to race GPs then SX in the middle of the GP series than the 350 in the Supercross class.

That said I think it is great he is racing so much, can't wait to see him on a 350 at Daytona.

I wonder if all this supercross racing will hamper the start of his GP campaign..Herlings, Paulin and Searle could have an advantage early in the season...
SMITH201
2/16/2011 2:15pm
Sweet!

I still think he will be on the gate at Hangtown.
mxrider225
Fantasy
2881st
2/16/2011 2:30pm
SMITH201 wrote:
Sweet!

Unless he like DNFs the 3 races before and then is like 150 points down in the gp schedule I highly doubt he will do the nationals.
bearded clam
2/16/2011 2:43pm
SMITH201 wrote:
Sweet!

From what I see from Ken he is a player here and everyone knows the AMA championships are the most valuable.
I dont see why he would go do the GP's when he could be here in the running for AMA championships. I know hes a sure bet over there and has it tougher here w/ guys like Wilson, Barcia, Tomac, Baggett in the mix but I think he has a ligitimate shot at the outdoor title here in the us!
CeeTee
2/16/2011 2:44pm
SMITH201 wrote:
Sweet!

mxrider225 wrote:
Unless he like DNFs the 3 races before and then is like 150 points down in the gp schedule I highly doubt he will do the...
Unless he like DNFs the 3 races before and then is like 150 points down in the gp schedule I highly doubt he will do the nationals.
Couldn't agree more!! i will be watching the GP's very closely this year for sure, i got bored last year after the USGP.
jamma10
2/16/2011 3:01pm
SMITH201 wrote:
Sweet!

From what I see from Ken he is a player here and everyone knows the AMA championships are the most valuable. I dont see why he...
From what I see from Ken he is a player here and everyone knows the AMA championships are the most valuable.
I dont see why he would go do the GP's when he could be here in the running for AMA championships. I know hes a sure bet over there and has it tougher here w/ guys like Wilson, Barcia, Tomac, Baggett in the mix but I think he has a ligitimate shot at the outdoor title here in the us!
You need to go back to moto school.
mccread
2/16/2011 3:04pm
SMITH201 wrote:
Sweet!

From what I see from Ken he is a player here and everyone knows the AMA championships are the most valuable. I dont see why he...
Ha ha ha he of course he would have a shot at the US title he has been a player at that level from he was 15!... he is not a sure bet in the GPs just the favourite.... and the only reason the US guys would hang with him in the US is because they have home country advantage...if they (us riders) all raced the World GPs...Ken would be the favourite.

The series are a similar level...... one will not be easier than the other for him.

Herlings, Paulin, Searle etc are as fast as Wlson, Tomac, Barcia...
2/16/2011 3:08pm
SMITH201 wrote:
Sweet!

Flatliner
2/16/2011 3:47pm
SMITH201 wrote:
Sweet!

mccread wrote:
Ha ha ha he of course he would have a shot at the US title he has been a player at that level from he was...
Ha ha ha he of course he would have a shot at the US title he has been a player at that level from he was 15!... he is not a sure bet in the GPs just the favourite.... and the only reason the US guys would hang with him in the US is because they have home country advantage...if they (us riders) all raced the World GPs...Ken would be the favourite.

The series are a similar level...... one will not be easier than the other for him.

Searle? How many moto's did he win over here?

Don't get me wrong though, both series are very fast.
SMITH201
2/16/2011 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2011 4:05pm
SMITH201 wrote:
Sweet!

mccread wrote:
Ha ha ha he of course he would have a shot at the US title he has been a player at that level from he was...

HAHAHA, Dude, your posts are always awesome! Laughing
jamma10
2/16/2011 4:41pm
mccread wrote:

Flatliner wrote:
Searle? How many moto's did he win over here?

Don't get me wrong though, both series are very fast.
You didn't see the best of Searle in '09, but he still had a couple of podiums. He started well last season with a 2nd in Moto 1 at Hangtown land that should have been the start of a promising season for him, I would have put alot of money on him finishing 3rd overall if it wasn't for that stupid, niggling injury.
jmar
2/16/2011 5:08pm
If everyone is confident, why not let him ride the 450 on all of the east rounds?
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3120th
2/16/2011 6:08pm
Rewindcaz wrote:
kongols wrote:
No but he`ll be living pretty much in airports and on a plane.
Pretty crazy he's willing to commit to doing these select supercross races on a tight schedule like that. I'd only imagine all that flying and jet-lag is going to catch up to him.

Can't way to see how well he does at Daytona.. Really looking forward to that
mxrider225
Fantasy
2881st
2/16/2011 7:41pm
Its crazy, hes got San Diego then Daytona. Then just over a month to get in GP mode. April 10 Bulgaria, then the 25th he goes to the Netherlands. Back to the US for SLC 5 days later and Vegas, then hes go the USGP and the rest of the GPs.
Weeks381fan
2/16/2011 8:02pm
I will be at Daytona, can't wait! Anyone who thinks this kid won't be winning over here soon is just plain silly.
Ddavis
2/16/2011 10:22pm
I think at Daytona he may end up on his head. Or win.. let's hope the 2nd one.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/17/2011 12:05am
Ddavis wrote:
I think at Daytona he may end up on his head. Or win.. let's hope the 2nd one.
Win?

Oh, now I remember. The other day when you said you like to post outrageous stuff to see what kind of rise you'd get out of people.
2/17/2011 1:15am
I'm betting(more thinking out loud) he suffers from arm pump and/or a front end washout at the first round cause his suspension settings are still to stiff with all the SX riding and not enough outdoors testing on a new brand of suspension and bike. Flame on all those that said the bikes a POS and he wont make top ten.
2/17/2011 1:22am
SMITH201 wrote:
Sweet!

What about Marvin Musquin? O I forgot, hes coming from the GPs so he cant be competitive in the US can he?

I think the US lites and the MX2 class in the GPs is very similar in speed. In the big class I think the US field is a bit deeper.
Huckster
2/17/2011 3:28am
Musquin will be up front fighting for wins. He is a world champion and has proven that he has what it takes to win a championship. He dominated the weak GP field last year and will face much deeper competition this year but he will have all of KTM's resources focused on him as he is their premier rider and hope for a title in the USA. he is the only proven champion in their stable....
jamma10
2/17/2011 3:29am
SMITH201 wrote:
Sweet!

What about Marvin Musquin? O I forgot, hes coming from the GPs so he cant be competitive in the US can he? I think the US...
What about Marvin Musquin? O I forgot, hes coming from the GPs so he cant be competitive in the US can he?

I think the US lites and the MX2 class in the GPs is very similar in speed. In the big class I think the US field is a bit deeper.
The ironic thing is that Americans were saying the same kind of thing about the lack of talent in the GP's before they knew who David Vuillemin was, Sebastien Tortelli, Grant Langston, Chad Reed, Ben Townley, Pourcel and most recently Desalle, Cairloli and Roczen, and they'll keep saying it with the likes of Herlings as just a distant, faint blip on their radar.
kongols
2/17/2011 3:39am
jamma10 wrote:
The ironic thing is that Americans were saying the same kind of thing about the lack of talent in the GP's before they knew who David...
The ironic thing is that Americans were saying the same kind of thing about the lack of talent in the GP's before they knew who David Vuillemin was, Sebastien Tortelli, Grant Langston, Chad Reed, Ben Townley, Pourcel and most recently Desalle, Cairloli and Roczen, and they'll keep saying it with the likes of Herlings as just a distant, faint blip on their radar.
There are a lot of decent americans who appreciate talent when they see it. I`m trying to look past those chest pounders 99.99 % of which have no idea what they talking about.
2/17/2011 3:50am
What about Marvin Musquin? O I forgot, hes coming from the GPs so he cant be competitive in the US can he? I think the US...

jamma10 wrote:
The ironic thing is that Americans were saying the same kind of thing about the lack of talent in the GP's before they knew who David...
Yeah and you can add names to that list but it wont make Amy diffrence. As soon as they are proven winners in US they belong to that field.
This will probably go on for ever.
The only chance to change their minds is to have 2 former GP-riders sweeping both classes in the US in their first year but that would probably wont do it either.

Post a reply to: Ken Roczen to race on 350 @ Daytona and SLC

The Latest