KTMPARTSDIRECT/TEAM 2 RACING BIKE BUILD

Edited Date/Time 12/25/2012 8:17am
JUST BUILT THIS 2013 KTM SXF 250 PICTURES ARE FROM START TO FINISH.

|
mtl
12/20/2012 11:17am
graphics and a pipe are considered building a bike?
mtl
12/20/2012 11:18am
sorry forgot the wheel swap
12/20/2012 11:29am Edited Date/Time 12/20/2012 11:30am
THOSE WHEELS ARE STOCK WHEELS THAT HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY PULLED APART AND ANODIZED. BLACK HUBS, BLUE NIPPLES,BLACK SPOKES, AND BLACK RIMS. THEN PUT BACK TOGETHER.ALSO WE INSTALL A GPR STEERING STABILIZER.
lumpy790
12/20/2012 11:56am
clip the CAPS button bro....

HMMMM .... Wonder how Yellow hoses would look on that scooter?

The Shop

motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
12/20/2012 12:09pm Edited Date/Time 12/20/2012 12:25pm
THOSE WHEELS ARE STOCK WHEELS THAT HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY PULLED APART AND ANODIZED. BLACK HUBS, BLUE NIPPLES,BLACK SPOKES, AND BLACK RIMS. THEN PUT BACK TOGETHER.ALSO WE...
THOSE WHEELS ARE STOCK WHEELS THAT HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY PULLED APART AND ANODIZED. BLACK HUBS, BLUE NIPPLES,BLACK SPOKES, AND BLACK RIMS. THEN PUT BACK TOGETHER.ALSO WE INSTALL A GPR STEERING STABILIZER.
What did you do to the engine and suspension?
IceMan446
12/20/2012 12:28pm
motokiwi wrote:
What did you do to the engine and suspension?
Ummm...How do you put stuff on your bike? Duct tape? Or red loctite?

I am pretty sure we all bolt stuff on to our bikes.
12/20/2012 1:05pm
THOSE WHEELS ARE STOCK WHEELS THAT HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY PULLED APART AND ANODIZED. BLACK HUBS, BLUE NIPPLES,BLACK SPOKES, AND BLACK RIMS. THEN PUT BACK TOGETHER.ALSO WE...
Like others have asked, what about engine work and then suspension? Not to mention other items like seat and peg heights and even handlebar bends. I might be öld school" but didn't see any saftey wire? Have you done anything with EFI or ignition? Even if the GP engine kit won't work with this engine flow the head and make everything perfect. Your going up against the "big boys"" (PC & Geico) not to mention all the other teams.
ktm212
12/20/2012 3:26pm
HAHA This is pretty funny. some "Build". Doing that to a set of stock rims is crazy. why wouldnt you Upgrade them you would have been 200% better off then wasting the money on anodizing. I have been playing with our 2013 250 SX-F, stock graphics with plain number plate backgrounds and a slip on. We split the head gasket for more compression, gearing, and have been testing EFI tuning and changing ignition timing, accelator pump settings and settings to liven up motor, super fast but flat as can be. We're waiting on some more aftermarket parts to become available before we dive off the deep end in the motor department (cams,piston,porting) . But its much better then stock.

We tackled the handleing as well, a steering dampener wont solve your issues Tongue We put 20mm clamps on last years bike and it made a world of difference but when we put them on the 13 it changed handleing alot for the better but brought some other issues to the surface. We still felt the 20s were still a benefit and much needed so we and we have really changed the shock setup, we added a bladder and did some internals to make the bike more like last years.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
12/20/2012 3:36pm
ktm212 wrote:
HAHA This is pretty funny. some "Build". Doing that to a set of stock rims is crazy. why wouldnt you Upgrade them you would have been...
HAHA This is pretty funny. some "Build". Doing that to a set of stock rims is crazy. why wouldnt you Upgrade them you would have been 200% better off then wasting the money on anodizing. I have been playing with our 2013 250 SX-F, stock graphics with plain number plate backgrounds and a slip on. We split the head gasket for more compression, gearing, and have been testing EFI tuning and changing ignition timing, accelator pump settings and settings to liven up motor, super fast but flat as can be. We're waiting on some more aftermarket parts to become available before we dive off the deep end in the motor department (cams,piston,porting) . But its much better then stock.

We tackled the handleing as well, a steering dampener wont solve your issues Tongue We put 20mm clamps on last years bike and it made a world of difference but when we put them on the 13 it changed handleing alot for the better but brought some other issues to the surface. We still felt the 20s were still a benefit and much needed so we and we have really changed the shock setup, we added a bladder and did some internals to make the bike more like last years.
Can you tell that he hasn't done any engine work just from looking at the pictures? You must be a wizard
ktm212
12/20/2012 3:44pm
ktm212 wrote:
HAHA This is pretty funny. some "Build". Doing that to a set of stock rims is crazy. why wouldnt you Upgrade them you would have been...

Derpin' DJ wrote:
Can you tell that he hasn't done any engine work just from looking at the pictures? You must be a wizard
Well since he listed the fact that his disassembled the wheels and the great detail he went into decribing the fact he bolted a steering dampener on I assume he would have enlightened us on what he did to everything else, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but looking at what he did post I assume he didnt. but you know what happens when you assume
newmann
12/20/2012 3:59pm
Actually, why wouldn't you do that to the wheels? KTM hubs are quite nice and I do not believe there are any aftermarket hubs that are lighter. TCR rear hub weighs exactly one wheel bearing heavier than stock because, well there is an extra wheel bearing on the drive side. The KTM hubs are machined to about as minimum as you would want to go. The bike comes with Excels rims so no big deal there either as there really aren't any better or lighter rims. Black spokes and alloy nipples are standard issue items. So without spending $1000.00-$1500.00 he got himself a nice set of wheels on the cheap. I can admire that.

While looking for a set of orange triples, I decided to same myself $895.00 on the X-Trigs and get my stockers stripped and anodized orange. Looks great and only costs a hundred buck plus shipping two ways.

About the motor mods.....it's a four stroke so I'm not too interested in that anyway!LaughingLaughing
ktm212
12/20/2012 4:14pm
newmann wrote:
Actually, why wouldn't you do that to the wheels? KTM hubs are quite nice and I do not believe there are any aftermarket hubs that are...
Actually, why wouldn't you do that to the wheels? KTM hubs are quite nice and I do not believe there are any aftermarket hubs that are lighter. TCR rear hub weighs exactly one wheel bearing heavier than stock because, well there is an extra wheel bearing on the drive side. The KTM hubs are machined to about as minimum as you would want to go. The bike comes with Excels rims so no big deal there either as there really aren't any better or lighter rims. Black spokes and alloy nipples are standard issue items. So without spending $1000.00-$1500.00 he got himself a nice set of wheels on the cheap. I can admire that.

While looking for a set of orange triples, I decided to same myself $895.00 on the X-Trigs and get my stockers stripped and anodized orange. Looks great and only costs a hundred buck plus shipping two ways.

About the motor mods.....it's a four stroke so I'm not too interested in that anyway!LaughingLaughing
If it was 2010 again I'd agree KTM had the best wheels hands down, the hubs isnt what i was talking about though, the hubs are great. In 2011 KTM changed rims, they also went to a different spoke manufactuer with smaller diameter theads on the nipples and while the rims are still excel they downgraded to cheap aluminum. While the bearing and hubs blow away 90% of aftermarket wheels the rims are toasted quickly under hard riding condition.

I was never too happy with the stock 22mm clamps so I went a different route, looking for orange clamps though if you have no complaints then stripping the stock and getting them down would be cool since they're billet and well made unlike other manufacturers.

I wasnt trying to hate on the bike though, I love when anyone puts time into a KTM. I just find the "bike build" amusing, there are other areas that need attention.
12/20/2012 4:40pm
This guy posted a picture of his KTM, listed what he did, and you are ripping him to shreds from the comfort of your keyboards. WTF
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
12/20/2012 5:00pm
You come on vital and act like a complete asshole is the only thing that I can see happening when you assume. Nice looking bike man. Sucks its not a factory level race machine like MR 212. I am sure he will be taking his 2013 bike build up against the best on Jan 6th at A1.....
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
12/20/2012 5:17pm
jhansen510 wrote:
You come on vital and act like a complete asshole is the only thing that I can see happening when you assume. Nice looking bike man...
You come on vital and act like a complete asshole is the only thing that I can see happening when you assume. Nice looking bike man. Sucks its not a factory level race machine like MR 212. I am sure he will be taking his 2013 bike build up against the best on Jan 6th at A1.....
Served Grinning
JBraun
12/24/2012 9:45am
This site could be a great resource if you could just flush away all of the know-it-all shitheads with nothing good to say.
KTMpartsdirect.com / Team 2 is my local shop, and although they have way to much class to get into a childish debate on a forum, I do not.
These guys have been around over 20 years as a MX specialty shop and they support a ton of local racers. Everybody there rides or races. They've built dozens of potent race bikes with trick suspension and stomping motors. Just because this particular bike is not a $100k factory machine doesn't mean it doesn't look nice. They built a nice looking bike for a customer, and wanted to share it. Get over yourselves.
JW381
12/24/2012 10:04am
125 wrote:
This guy posted a picture of his KTM, listed what he did, and you are ripping him to shreds from the comfort of your keyboards. WTF
For real. Bike looked cool to me, were they expecting some $80,000 factory bike? How much do factory bikes run for these days, anyway?
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
12/24/2012 10:39am
JBraun wrote:
This site could be a great resource if you could just flush away all of the know-it-all shitheads with nothing good to say. KTMpartsdirect.com / Team...
This site could be a great resource if you could just flush away all of the know-it-all shitheads with nothing good to say.
KTMpartsdirect.com / Team 2 is my local shop, and although they have way to much class to get into a childish debate on a forum, I do not.
These guys have been around over 20 years as a MX specialty shop and they support a ton of local racers. Everybody there rides or races. They've built dozens of potent race bikes with trick suspension and stomping motors. Just because this particular bike is not a $100k factory machine doesn't mean it doesn't look nice. They built a nice looking bike for a customer, and wanted to share it. Get over yourselves.
+1

Yeah, pretty shitty when you have assholes bashing a local business who has supported motocrossers all over Wisconsin and beyond for years.
DPR250R
12/24/2012 11:02am
I always like checking out project pics... no matter the scope.

Thanks for sharing.

Love all the squids dishing hate. So Vital.
12/24/2012 2:05pm
Bike?? What bike? I was looking at the calendar in the back ground on the last picture.... But, now that you mention it, there is a pretty sweet bike in the picture as well!

Post a reply to: KTMPARTSDIRECT/TEAM 2 RACING BIKE BUILD

The Latest