KTM needs to bench Alessi.

pamoto
1/30/2011 9:26am
Mike told Decoster he wants to get ready for the Outdoors. Decoster said Supercross is important to KTM so he has to race them. That kinda tells you where Mike's head is.

jeffro503
1/30/2011 10:22am
I don't know what is wrong with Mike right now , but I sure hope he figures it out. I'm not a Huge M.A. fan , but I know the kid is capable of so much more. It's really depressing watching someone with that much speed just flounder around lie that.

I agree 100% , that he needs to just take a break and start practicing for the outdoors. He's never really been a good SX rider ( compared to his competitors ) and always seems to do better outdoors anyways.

Don;t know if it's him , or if he just hates the bike.......but his stock is going down dramatically with results like this.
level
1/30/2011 10:29am
The thing about Mike Alessi sucking at SX I never really understood. He did just fine in lites. He's had some great races before. He has a factory team, a supercross track to practice on, tons of experience. Not sure what it is.

It's almost like he isn't really trying or really doesn't care how he does. I know he could do better but maybe he just doesn't want to or is scared of getting hurt. It could be a fear factor or just a plain I don't give a shit.
jeffro503
1/30/2011 10:35am
level wrote:
The thing about Mike Alessi sucking at SX I never really understood. He did just fine in lites. He's had some great races before. He has...
The thing about Mike Alessi sucking at SX I never really understood. He did just fine in lites. He's had some great races before. He has a factory team, a supercross track to practice on, tons of experience. Not sure what it is.

It's almost like he isn't really trying or really doesn't care how he does. I know he could do better but maybe he just doesn't want to or is scared of getting hurt. It could be a fear factor or just a plain I don't give a shit.
I don't think it's that " I don't give a shit" type thing. I think it's probably just the opposite.....I think he has absorbed himself into the sport so much , to the point where he is just totally burned out.

Sometimes stepping away and getting a different perspective on things is the best thing......and that goes for anything you do , like a sport , hobby , work.....just life in general.

I hope he figures that out. Take a break.....and come back hungry and have "FUN" doing it!

M.A.......isn't having any fun out there right now , I guarantee it!

He needs to go talk to KW about what it's like to step away for a while and come back with a different view on the sport.

The Shop

BobbyM
1/30/2011 10:35am
hartebreak wrote:
I have been a diehard advocate for Alessi thru thick and thin. But I think tonight (at least in my opinion) sealed his fate. He is...
I have been a diehard advocate for Alessi thru thick and thin. But I think tonight (at least in my opinion) sealed his fate. He is officially done. Can anyone even think of a time when a top level factory rider failed to make the main in 2 out of 4 events?? My god, this isnt a privateer we are talking about here.
his heart is gone...mike has been through more than we'll ever know. we thinks it's his dad that has skulled him...me thinks it might be something else. bummer...i just wish mike the best in his life coming up. hang in there mike.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
1/30/2011 10:40am
Alessi Racing Honda next year...
wullyc
1/30/2011 10:47am
I don't think that the kid will cut it at the gps with AC on KTM also.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
1/30/2011 10:48am
KTM needs to pick up someone else and let Mike get ready for the nats.
Lightning78
1/30/2011 11:34am
level wrote:
I don't think it's the 350.
X2 ..... I don't think the 350 has anything to do with it, using the 350 is a piss poor excuse to explAin Mike's downfall and lack of results. I don't have anything to add but that bike is more than competitive .... at least Short is giving it a decent showing with such a deep field the results short has been getting aren't necessarily that bad.
R-acer
1/30/2011 11:37am
Jarid332 wrote:
Alessi Racing Honda next year...
Or Suzuki or yamaha or Kawasaki
Sunhouse
1/30/2011 11:47am
pamoto wrote:
Mike told Decoster he wants to get ready for the Outdoors. Decoster said Supercross is important to KTM so he has to race them. That kinda...
Mike told Decoster he wants to get ready for the Outdoors. Decoster said Supercross is important to KTM so he has to race them. That kinda tells you where Mike's head is.

If DeCoster is the genius everyone claims he is, why would he make an outdoor rider ride sx and risk injury, with the current results in mind?
I´m guessing he is in survival mode, waiting and preparing for the outdoors. I´d really like to see him kill it outdoors this year
Lightning78
1/30/2011 11:50am
pamoto wrote:
Mike told Decoster he wants to get ready for the Outdoors. Decoster said Supercross is important to KTM so he has to race them. That kinda...

Talls me he is out there pouting because he doesn't want to ride sx so ure same bagging till he gets his way if I were ktm I would give him an ultimatum .....pick it up or be fired. Just like everyone else he signed a contract to race BOTH series. Funny tho, usually riders prefer sx over outdoors these days so they give it their all indoors and half assed effort outdoors to get they the year.

Even if mike quit and focused on outdoors right now I doubt he'll make an impact seems something is holding him back ....not the bike tho
Sherwood
1/30/2011 11:51am
I just don't understand the reasoning behind putting these guys on a 350? Is the normal person buying a 350 really care how it does in sx or even outdoors in the pro class?

As for Alessi, the kid never should have come back as soon as he did with that knee injury. He hasn't been the same after that knee.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/30/2011 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2011 12:06pm
GuyB wrote:
Here's a simple question...how is it making the 350 look bad? If you check out the Supercross LCQ, who passed him? Dan Reardon, and Ty Simmonds...
Here's a simple question...how is it making the 350 look bad? If you check out the Supercross LCQ, who passed him? Dan Reardon, and Ty Simmonds, both of whom are also on KTM 350s.
I know it is only 4 rounds in,but here's the thing.....
A rider the caliber of Mike should not be in the LCQ even with a bad start (unless it is an unfortunate accident/crash/mechanical). I understand it is a stacked field and Mike leans more towards the outdoors then he does SX,but something is wrong there (whether it is him or the bike).Mike is much better at SX then his results.....remember Seattle?
I would assume him and that 350 are clashing,for one reason or another.

Also IMO Short is much better then his results as of lately.....
I really believe be should be up there battling Reed,Dungey,Canard etc...

Personally ...I think the YZ450,KX450,CR450 & RMZ450 look much better then the KTM350 (going by results).

I know AC won a GP title on it,but I think his bike/motor is much,much different.
Also AC said he was still using his same motor from last season.....
I wonder why that is?
Vazscep
1/30/2011 12:03pm
hartebreak wrote:
I have been a diehard advocate for Alessi thru thick and thin. But I think tonight (at least in my opinion) sealed his fate. He is...
I have been a diehard advocate for Alessi thru thick and thin. But I think tonight (at least in my opinion) sealed his fate. He is officially done. Can anyone even think of a time when a top level factory rider failed to make the main in 2 out of 4 events?? My god, this isnt a privateer we are talking about here.
A couple of years ago most people said that Josh Hansen was done.
Sunhouse
1/30/2011 12:06pm
hartebreak wrote:
Vazscep wrote:
A couple of years ago most people said that Josh Hansen was done.
The guy with the mullet?
Sherwood
1/30/2011 12:19pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
AHHHH, you beat me to it. But yeah, like I said in another thread, this is making KTM and their new 350 look really bad. Mikey...
AHHHH, you beat me to it.

But yeah, like I said in another thread, this is making KTM and their new 350 look really bad. Mikey was faster in his 250F days than he is now. It's not the bike, I really don't think it is, but whatever it is, he needs to sort it out on his own before hangtown and let someone else take his spot. Too many other deserving riders out there.
GuyB wrote:
Here's a simple question...how is it making the 350 look bad? If you check out the Supercross LCQ, who passed him? Dan Reardon, and Ty Simmonds...
Here's a simple question...how is it making the 350 look bad? If you check out the Supercross LCQ, who passed him? Dan Reardon, and Ty Simmonds, both of whom are also on KTM 350s.
Do you really think at the end of the year that anyone will remember he missed out on the main because two 350's passed him or will they look back and say he didn't make this amount of mains and he never had this problem on any other bike?
englishman
1/30/2011 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2011 12:20pm
They need to do a Larry Wosick on the guy for the whole year.
ando
1/30/2011 1:45pm
GuyB wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
I know it is only 4 rounds in,but here's the thing..... A rider the caliber of Mike should not be in the LCQ even with a...
A rider the caliber of Mike should not be in the LCQ even with a bad start (unless it is an unfortunate accident/crash/mechanical). I understand it is a stacked field and Mike leans more towards the outdoors then he does SX,but something is wrong there (whether it is him or the bike).Mike is much better at SX then his results.....remember Seattle?

Personally ...I think the YZ450,KX450,CR450 & RMZ450 look much better then the KTM350 (going by results).

I know AC won a GP title on it,but I think his bike/motor is much,much different.
I wonder why that is?
I've have to say that Short's history says he's probably finishing about where he should given the field. Past seasons he's been regularly beaten by the likes of Windham, Grant, Hill and Tedesco, not battling CR, JS etc.

This season there's not just a top 2 or 3 guys, there are five who clearly have the rest of the field covered. Throw in half a dozen guys who on any given night are capable of finishing ahead of Short - Brayton, Tedesco, Metcalfe, Millsaps, Grant, Windham - and a regular 8th - 10th spot finish is about par for Short.

It's a deep field this season - everyone is going to have to expect to finish 3-5 spots lower than what they've done in the past.
TeamGreen
1/30/2011 1:56pm
mxrider225 wrote:
Let him race a 450...
So, they need to "Bench" the 350 on short-tracks with HUGE "features" and in races that are only 15-16 minutes long...?

And in races where the starts seem to be CRITICAL!?

And where you need a every ounce of Torque you can get?

And when, it would seem, that other factories are getting their 250Fs to run as good/better than the Over-Weight 350?

They should bench that and, maybe...jus' maybe, run the damn strong and powerful 450 that they sell; but, don't seem to want to race? (Which would be admitting "Failure"...in regards to the 350...?

Is that what you're saying?

Is it!?

Oh, O.K., I agree.

I guess I coulda jus' typed:

"X2"
ando
1/30/2011 1:58pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
AHHHH, you beat me to it. But yeah, like I said in another thread, this is making KTM and their new 350 look really bad. Mikey...
AHHHH, you beat me to it.

But yeah, like I said in another thread, this is making KTM and their new 350 look really bad. Mikey was faster in his 250F days than he is now. It's not the bike, I really don't think it is, but whatever it is, he needs to sort it out on his own before hangtown and let someone else take his spot. Too many other deserving riders out there.
GuyB wrote:
Sherwood wrote:
Do you really think at the end of the year that anyone will remember he missed out on the main because two 350's passed him or...
Do you really think at the end of the year that anyone will remember he missed out on the main because two 350's passed him or will they look back and say he didn't make this amount of mains and he never had this problem on any other bike?
I can't speak for anyone else but when I look back at the history books I note that Mike's previous two attempts at 450 SX have netted season finish positions of 9th and 17th, with an average race finish position of about 9th/10th.

He's also not qualified for main events in the past.
pmcc
1/30/2011 2:15pm
FastEddy wrote:
I know it is only 4 rounds in,but here's the thing..... A rider the caliber of Mike should not be in the LCQ even with a...

I wonder why that is?
Cairoli said that the bike he was riding in america still had last years engine because they haven't started testing the 2011 stuff for the gp's yet, that was why he is back home to start testing the new stuff.
Faceaz
1/30/2011 3:20pm
Benching him isn't an option. His confidence has been reduced to almost nothing & he's scared. If they bench him it will only be worse & he'll head into the nationals in that same erroded state. They need to do whatever it takes to get him some confidence: Allow him to ride whatever bike he likes, let him pull out of supercross & ride local mx, whatever it takes - just don't let his dad back in the picture. But, he needs his issues worked out before the nationals, otherwise he'll start off riding like shit & won't improve.
Faceaz
1/30/2011 3:20pm
Benching him isn't an option. His confidence has been reduced to almost nothing & he's scared. If they bench him it will only be worse & he'll head into the nationals in that same erroded state. They need to do whatever it takes to get him some confidence: Allow him to ride whatever bike he likes, let him pull out of supercross & ride local mx, whatever it takes - just don't let his dad back in the picture. But, he needs his issues worked out before the nationals, otherwise he'll start off riding like shit & won't improve.
dc1236
1/30/2011 3:25pm
KTM needs to bench the 350
teggers
1/30/2011 3:25pm
Maybe it's something simple, like suspension.
Sherwood
1/30/2011 3:30pm
teggers wrote:
Maybe it's something simple, like suspension.
Suspensions not simple.
dc1236
1/30/2011 3:33pm
Seriously......a 350 is like fightingt a 450 war with 1 arm
wullyc
1/30/2011 3:44pm
dc1236 wrote:
Seriously......a 350 is like fightingt a 450 war with 1 arm
And why would that be? I'm sure it done very well outdoors last year.

Post a reply to: KTM needs to bench Alessi.

The Latest