RandyS
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:07pm
Let him race outdoors.
|
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
1/29/2011 9:00pm
I have been a diehard advocate for Alessi thru thick and thin. But I think tonight (at least in my opinion) sealed his fate. He is officially done. Can anyone even think of a time when a top level factory rider failed to make the main in 2 out of 4 events?? My god, this isnt a privateer we are talking about here.
1/29/2011 9:00pm
mxrider225 wrote:
Let him race a 450...
This^. He won't podium on it in SX but at least top 15 I think. Not his crap going on now! He has always been a big bike rider since he was 15. Why step down? You need a really fast 250 guy to step up to 350 to work, not someone who has ridden 450's only since their first pro race and step down to 350.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
1/29/2011 9:04pm
where was Jeff tonight? He isnt even entered

The Shop

ocscottie
1/29/2011 9:05pm
hartebreak wrote:
he got hurt during the week practicing.

and i have a feeling Mikey needs a break from SX and start focusing on MX, this isnt helping him.
hartebreak wrote:
Broke his foot in a wreck last week. Our for about 3 weeks.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
AHHHH, you beat me to it.

But yeah, like I said in another thread, this is making KTM and their new 350 look really bad. Mikey was faster in his 250F days than he is now. It's not the bike, I really don't think it is, but whatever it is, he needs to sort it out on his own before hangtown and let someone else take his spot. Too many other deserving riders out there.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
1/29/2011 9:08pm
I dont understand some of the rationale around this place. Last summer everyone was saying the 350 is not a good outdoor bike but it will be killer for SX, now everyone saying its not a good SX bike and wait for MX. Same thing with Mike, why is everyone saying "he should pack it in and wait it out and then kill it outdoors" when last year he finished the season battling in 15th?? I just dont get it. The kid has lost the edge, indoors, outdoors, down under it doesnt matter, he no longer has the fire.
level
1/29/2011 9:09pm
I don't think it's the 350.
bullpen58
1/29/2011 9:09pm
I am psychic and my senses are telling me . . . telling me . . . that MA has BOTH chronic fatigue syndrome and eppstein barr or whatever. He also appears to have a very rare disorder known as "right-wrist-no-twist-onitis"
RandyS
1/29/2011 9:12pm
He's making KTM in general look bad. It's nothing to do with the bike but some people will blame it. The Alessi ever winning a title train has left the station. Let him race outdoors before packing up his locker. Apparently the Universe never believed the hype.
Sandberm
1/29/2011 9:14pm
He must be pretty burnt out. Cant blame him with the non-stop pressure and drama his whole life. Looses his ride on the potent RM, and now with KTM on an experimental bike.

You cant help but think at this point he needs a complete overhaul in mind and bike. Does he still live with his dad? He might be the best canadate ever for the Joe Gibs program. He could move to the south,...different atmosphere, bike, way of life. I think it would do him good.
morning_stiffy
1/29/2011 9:38pm
Sandberm wrote:
He must be pretty burnt out. Cant blame him with the non-stop pressure and drama his whole life. Looses his ride on the potent RM, and...
He must be pretty burnt out. Cant blame him with the non-stop pressure and drama his whole life. Looses his ride on the potent RM, and now with KTM on an experimental bike.

You cant help but think at this point he needs a complete overhaul in mind and bike. Does he still live with his dad? He might be the best canadate ever for the Joe Gibs program. He could move to the south,...different atmosphere, bike, way of life. I think it would do him good.
Hell if JGR signed Millsaps, then i could actually see them being stupid enough to sign Alessi.
WhKnuckle
1/30/2011 5:48am
You have to wonder if all the injuries he's sustained over his lifetime of racing every week, practicing every day and generally having no life outside motocross has just put him into the riders' equivalent of a "writers' block" - where a great rider just can't put words down on paper.

If I was advising him (which I'm obviously not), he should go on a long vacation, get completely away from motocross, and do some soul searching to figure out who he is as a person, outside the sport. Go camping up in the Rockies, do some hiking and sit on top of some mountains and see what the world looks like when you're not viewing it through the windows of a hauler or a motorhome.
1/30/2011 6:10am
WhKnuckle wrote:
You have to wonder if all the injuries he's sustained over his lifetime of racing every week, practicing every day and generally having no life outside...
You have to wonder if all the injuries he's sustained over his lifetime of racing every week, practicing every day and generally having no life outside motocross has just put him into the riders' equivalent of a "writers' block" - where a great rider just can't put words down on paper.

If I was advising him (which I'm obviously not), he should go on a long vacation, get completely away from motocross, and do some soul searching to figure out who he is as a person, outside the sport. Go camping up in the Rockies, do some hiking and sit on top of some mountains and see what the world looks like when you're not viewing it through the windows of a hauler or a motorhome.
I don't know if that's the answer. He went on that nice relaxing kayak ride last year and that didn't seem to help Smile
RMZ819
1/30/2011 6:11am
WhKnuckle wrote:
You have to wonder if all the injuries he's sustained over his lifetime of racing every week, practicing every day and generally having no life outside...

Mike had a small window to win a title. RV was out, James was to cool to race the outdoors and Dungey and Canard were in the Lites. He had the field covered 2 yrs ago then got hurt.

IMO, Mike is toast. This is it for him. He is with the team manager that wanted him gone at Suzuki.

If Mike wants to race then he going to have to race on the other side of the pond.

SX does not matter over there and that's what Mike needs.
jleews6
1/30/2011 6:13am
WhKnuckle wrote:

That might be what he needs. I feel bad for him because no matter what anybody says about him You cant take away the fact that the guy works hard and puts in the time.
I say ,put him back back on the 450 so he can start getting his holesho'ts again and then you will see a big difference.I'm not saying he will win or even be top five but he will make the mains and finish alot better then he is now.
We all know he is not the best SX rider and when he makes a mistake or picks a bad line the 350 cant pull him out of trouble like a 450 can.

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/30/2011 6:19am
TriRacer27 wrote:
AHHHH, you beat me to it. But yeah, like I said in another thread, this is making KTM and their new 350 look really bad. Mikey...
AHHHH, you beat me to it.

But yeah, like I said in another thread, this is making KTM and their new 350 look really bad. Mikey was faster in his 250F days than he is now. It's not the bike, I really don't think it is, but whatever it is, he needs to sort it out on his own before hangtown and let someone else take his spot. Too many other deserving riders out there.
Here's a simple question...how is it making the 350 look bad? If you check out the Supercross LCQ, who passed him? Dan Reardon, and Ty Simmonds, both of whom are also on KTM 350s.
`ol Ger
1/30/2011 6:23am
Hmm..
The man's got a point there.
WhKnuckle
1/30/2011 6:26am
If the 350 is an issue, it's only an issue because it's screwing with Mike's head. Short is doing OK on it - last year he got around 5th, but that was without Stewart, Canard, Reed and (until recently) Grant. Now he's getting in the bottom of the top 10 mostly. That's reasonable, considering everything. But Short isn't as emotionally fragile as Alessi - as tough as Alessi is physically, he's a guy who has to have his program going his way or he has a hard time. I believe he doesn't think he can get a start, which screws with him, he doesn't think he can jump certain sections so he doesn't push as hard in other sections. He's not a guy who can go to the line knowing he has certain disadvantages and be determined to just ignore them and ride around them. At least, that's how it looks to me.
mattmatt300
1/30/2011 6:44am
i feel bad for him honestly. it doesnt seem like anyone is there looking out for his best interest at this point. imho he needs some time away from moto
Sunhouse
1/30/2011 7:10am
Maybe Mike can join Pourcel and take some time off to figure out their heads and health and then come back and kick ass. Mike deserves a championship after so many good attempts
MXMattii
1/30/2011 7:30am
level wrote:
I don't think it's the 350.
AMEN!!

Put Pourcel on that 350cc and he owns supercross! Put Stewart on that 350cc and he owns supercross! Put Ryan Villopoto on that 350cc and he owns supercross! Put Canard on that 350cc and he ownssupercross! Put Chad Reed on that 350cc and he ownssupercross!

But put Alessi on that 350cc and he will struggle in the whoops like he always did and now in this stacked field you need to fly like a idiot true the whoops! And Short he going down in order because the guys that where injured last year are back in the mix!
KAWboy14
1/30/2011 7:32am
alessi is riding scared and pumping up!
Jeffmx
1/30/2011 8:24am
If he is going to keep riding at that level, He really needs to work on his skills in the woops... He lost a ton of time there.
rgmx-49
1/30/2011 8:27am
Jeffmx wrote:
If he is going to keep riding at that level, He really needs to work on his skills in the woops... He lost a ton of...
If he is going to keep riding at that level, He really needs to work on his skills in the woops... He lost a ton of time there.
Alessi's weakness has always been the whoops.
toroP
1/30/2011 8:41am
Sunhouse wrote:
Maybe Mike can join Pourcel and take some time off to figure out their heads and health and then come back and kick ass. Mike deserves...
Maybe Mike can join Pourcel and take some time off to figure out their heads and health and then come back and kick ass. Mike deserves a championship after so many good attempts
I never understand this. So who's championship does Mike deserve?
neysbo
1/30/2011 8:48am
WhKnuckle wrote:

RMZ819 wrote:
Mike had a small window to win a title. RV was out, James was to cool to race the outdoors and Dungey and Canard were in...
Mike had a small window to win a title. RV was out, James was to cool to race the outdoors and Dungey and Canard were in the Lites. He had the field covered 2 yrs ago then got hurt.

IMO, Mike is toast. This is it for him. He is with the team manager that wanted him gone at Suzuki.

If Mike wants to race then he going to have to race on the other side of the pond.

SX does not matter over there and that's what Mike needs.
I would agree, his future lies in trying the GP's. Could be what he needs to get reinvented.
Towelie
1/30/2011 9:20am
I dont think its making the 350 look bad by any stretch. The target market does not give a shit if short or alessi does well, they know exactly what the bike was designed for and it fits any rider looking for more then a 250 & less than a 450.
jonjon714
1/30/2011 9:24am
Didn't look like he wanted to make the main....

Post a reply to: KTM needs to bench Alessi.

The Latest