KTM Factory Racing signs Jorge Prado until 2020

Motofinne
Edited Date/Time 7/17/2015 3:23pm
http://www.mxgp.com/news/ktm-factory-racing-signs-jorge-prado-until-2020

Only 14 years old and crazy fast. He will probably race mx2 2017 when he is 16? Or jump up mid season 2016 like Davy Pootjes?
|
Gringoe
7/17/2015 8:38am
Longest contract ever signed in Moto?
Olson
7/17/2015 9:11am
Really good signing by KTM. Natzke next?
Phillips467
7/17/2015 9:14am
Hardly surprising, although interesting what that 'junior' programme will become without Everts' influence...

The Shop

Olson
7/17/2015 9:17am
Hardly surprising, although interesting what that 'junior' programme will become without Everts' influence...
Funny thing about that is Liam Everts is going to be a super fast rider one day, that's a fact. What ever team Stefan is working for will automatically have Liams signature. That's a huge bonus.
philG
7/17/2015 11:35am
I dont think it will have a difference, i think Harry Everts will still be with KTM , Stefan got punted down to that after the Herling's debacle.. When you think that he was almost the main man when he retired from the Yamaha team , and announced he was going to KTM , he should be in Pit Beirer's job by now, the fact that he isnt tells you something isnt quite right.

KTM are the only people that have a proper youth program , cos they are the only ones sharp enough to still be making bikes for kids to ride , and supporting them.

Any fast euro rider will go 85 to 125 EMX , and aside of a few Yamaha's . everything else is KTM or Husky , with the odd TM thrown in, i dont think there is any danger of KTM not getting the cream of the crop, unless someone does what Honda did with Tim Gajser , and take a punt early.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
7/17/2015 12:08pm
Olson wrote:
Nazke signed a long term deal last year (cant remember if it was 3 or 5 years)
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
7/17/2015 2:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2015 2:22pm
Olson wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
Good! Great rider.

The Euro 125 class is a winner. Great to watch and great to spot and nurture talent. It's turning into 5-year factory rides. Can we please do this class in the US? Even a one moto format?
philG
7/17/2015 3:01pm
Olson wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
Good! Great rider. The Euro 125 class is a winner. Great to watch and great to spot and nurture talent. It's turning into 5-year factory rides...
Good! Great rider.

The Euro 125 class is a winner. Great to watch and great to spot and nurture talent. It's turning into 5-year factory rides. Can we please do this class in the US? Even a one moto format?
Its a great series , there are a few guys in it who arent quite ready yet , but to be fair, its great experience for riders of that age, and as its a race you have to qualify for , only the best make the gate.

Prado , Natzke and Mewse are the KTM hopes, Maxime Renaux is taking it to them on the Yamaha, but there will be someone in there who everyone has missed that will be the next Febvre.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
7/17/2015 3:08pm
scott_nz wrote:
Good! Great rider. The Euro 125 class is a winner. Great to watch and great to spot and nurture talent. It's turning into 5-year factory rides...
Good! Great rider.

philG wrote:
Its a great series , there are a few guys in it who arent quite ready yet , but to be fair, its great experience for...
Its a great series , there are a few guys in it who arent quite ready yet , but to be fair, its great experience for riders of that age, and as its a race you have to qualify for , only the best make the gate.

Prado , Natzke and Mewse are the KTM hopes, Maxime Renaux is taking it to them on the Yamaha, but there will be someone in there who everyone has missed that will be the next Febvre.
it will be interesting to see how it works out, these guys are not going MX2 at 15/16 years old any more, which poeple like Roczen/Townley/Herlings etc all did, will this hold them back?? only time will tell,

MBR
7/17/2015 3:23pm
philG wrote:
I dont think it will have a difference, i think Harry Everts will still be with KTM , Stefan got punted down to that after the...
I dont think it will have a difference, i think Harry Everts will still be with KTM , Stefan got punted down to that after the Herling's debacle.. When you think that he was almost the main man when he retired from the Yamaha team , and announced he was going to KTM , he should be in Pit Beirer's job by now, the fact that he isnt tells you something isnt quite right.

KTM are the only people that have a proper youth program , cos they are the only ones sharp enough to still be making bikes for kids to ride , and supporting them.

Any fast euro rider will go 85 to 125 EMX , and aside of a few Yamaha's . everything else is KTM or Husky , with the odd TM thrown in, i dont think there is any danger of KTM not getting the cream of the crop, unless someone does what Honda did with Tim Gajser , and take a punt early.
Honda is investing strong on EMX150 series and I feel it is going to pay off. Because the program Honda got going on there, we got the biggest thing coming out from Finland in last decade, Emil Weckman, to ride for our team for next three years. He is only 13 years old and we think he got what it takes to make it in motocross. As stated here already, the great thing is that even guys like JMB, Gaultier Paulin and Davy Coombs think he could be something special. https://instagram.com/p/1pql1nFt98/?taken-by=racerxonline

Post a reply to: KTM Factory Racing signs Jorge Prado until 2020

The Latest