KTM 350

Edited Date/Time 1/19/2012 4:36pm
I have a couple of questions some of you will probably know the answers to.

1. Can you buy a KTM 350 in the US right now?

2. If not, when?

3. If so, when is somebody gonna strap it to the dyno so we can see what the deal is?

Just interested to se what kind of magic KTM has worked or not.
Has any of the mags got one to do a full up test, if so can someone post the link.

Carry On........
|
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
7/6/2010 1:21pm
I have a couple of questions some of you will probably know the answers to. 1. Can you buy a KTM 350 in the US right...

2. If not, when?

3. If so, when is somebody gonna strap it to the dyno so we can see what the deal is?

Has any of the mags got one to do a full up test, if so can someone post the link.

Carry On........
I'm far from an expert but I believe you can only buy one and ship it from Europe over as of today. I have not seen one in show rooms myself.

When? I don't know. sorry.

3) Strap it to a dyno to me is pointless. The attractiveness of the bike is having a bike that produces more power and hit than a 250F - straight out of the box with no mods, but not have the issues with handling, cornering, too much power for the avg track rider, etc you experience with most 450s. I couldn't care less what the Dyno says, I want to ride one and see if it is for me. The avg track rider can get the full or close to the full use of the 250F power, but come no where near what the 450F can do. To me, the 350F is the perfect CC for the avg track rider, but that doesn't mean its right for pro AMA riders.
DrSweden
7/6/2010 1:26pm
3... One would assume torque and HP will be between a 250f and a 450f just what many people asked for?Wink

No real magic? KTM builds a bike that would probably suit a large group of riders (fast, fat etc that think the 250f isn't enough) while they promote it as being competitive against 450 as well. They kind of prove that's it's about the rider, more than displacement, something we all ready knew.Cool
RCC104
7/6/2010 1:33pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2010 1:35pm
I got a call on mine Friday, and went to put a deposit down.

Apparently a small batch is being shipped on July 12th and most dealers will get at least one. My dealer expects mine to show up by the end of the month or early august.

The second batch will ship/arrive in November
7/6/2010 1:39pm
RCC104 wrote:
I got a call on mine Friday, and went to put a deposit down. Apparently a small batch is being shipped on July 12th and most...
I got a call on mine Friday, and went to put a deposit down.

Apparently a small batch is being shipped on July 12th and most dealers will get at least one. My dealer expects mine to show up by the end of the month or early august.

The second batch will ship/arrive in November
Looking forward to a review.

The Shop

mosslander
7/6/2010 3:05pm
Well the Swedish magasin RACE testdriver Inge Edberg have tryed KTM's 2011 sx 250,
350and 450 say that the 350 is a race bike with a big R it goes like hell and reving to the moon.
RCC104
7/6/2010 5:32pm
Me too.... I think when the time comes I'll accompany it with my GoPro HD and do some 450 hunting as well
7/6/2010 9:09pm
Antipodean wrote:
In case you didn't see it 4 pages back. It's clearly more a sales pitch than a true review but some interesting information nonetheless:

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/MotoRelated,20/Stefan-Everts-talks-2011-K…
Ya I saw that but like you said, it's more sales pitch. I would rather hear from someone that isn't getting a check from KTM.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
7/6/2010 9:25pm
OFFICIAL: I changed my mind about getting a 350 and gave up my spot on the waiting list today.

This is why:

As I started getting more and more excited about riding it, I thought, wow it'll be fun chasing 450s on a slower bike. And sure, it'll be slower, but it'll be lighter, nimbler, and more agile. I'll know I'm at a slight disadvantage but that's just more of a challenge.

But then it dawned on me, $8000 for a bike that's slower than a 450 but is supposed to make up for it by being lighter and better handling - thus more fun. Might be more expensive than a 450 to maintain but still more fun, like a 250 two stroke........... that I already have.....WTF??

So yeah, I might not have the "everyone look at me" bike of 2011, but oh well. The plan is now to build the best 250 2S that I can, and it should cost about $3-4K less than getting the 350 with the 250 as a trade in.
chrisbuehler
7/7/2010 8:09am
I have a couple of questions some of you will probably know the answers to. 1. Can you buy a KTM 350 in the US right...

2. If not, when?

Carry On........
TbonesPop wrote:
I'm far from an expert but I believe you can only buy one and ship it from Europe over as of today. I have not seen...
I'm far from an expert but I believe you can only buy one and ship it from Europe over as of today. I have not seen one in show rooms myself.

When? I don't know. sorry.

3) Strap it to a dyno to me is pointless. The attractiveness of the bike is having a bike that produces more power and hit than a 250F - straight out of the box with no mods, but not have the issues with handling, cornering, too much power for the avg track rider, etc you experience with most 450s. I couldn't care less what the Dyno says, I want to ride one and see if it is for me. The avg track rider can get the full or close to the full use of the 250F power, but come no where near what the 450F can do. To me, the 350F is the perfect CC for the avg track rider, but that doesn't mean its right for pro AMA riders.
Funny noone can use all the power a 450 has(except the pros) yet pretty much every racer you see has a aftermarket pipe on their bike.
newmann
7/7/2010 8:43am
TriRacer27 wrote:
OFFICIAL: I changed my mind about getting a 350 and gave up my spot on the waiting list today. This is why: As I started getting...
OFFICIAL: I changed my mind about getting a 350 and gave up my spot on the waiting list today.

This is why:

As I started getting more and more excited about riding it, I thought, wow it'll be fun chasing 450s on a slower bike. And sure, it'll be slower, but it'll be lighter, nimbler, and more agile. I'll know I'm at a slight disadvantage but that's just more of a challenge.

But then it dawned on me, $8000 for a bike that's slower than a 450 but is supposed to make up for it by being lighter and better handling - thus more fun. Might be more expensive than a 450 to maintain but still more fun, like a 250 two stroke........... that I already have.....WTF??

So yeah, I might not have the "everyone look at me" bike of 2011, but oh well. The plan is now to build the best 250 2S that I can, and it should cost about $3-4K less than getting the 350 with the 250 as a trade in.
But then you won't be buying into the four stroke hype dammit! Here's my total investment low hour $1900.00 2002 CR250 after I got through freshening it up.

chrisbuehler
7/7/2010 8:47am
TriRacer27 wrote:
OFFICIAL: I changed my mind about getting a 350 and gave up my spot on the waiting list today. This is why: As I started getting...

This is why:

newmann wrote:
But then you won't be buying into the four stroke hype dammit! Here's my total investment low hour $1900.00 2002 CR250 after I got through freshening...
But then you won't be buying into the four stroke hype dammit! Here's my total investment low hour $1900.00 2002 CR250 after I got through freshening it up.

Did you buy that off ebay as Health Voss factory "works" CR250?LaughingLaughing
newmann
7/7/2010 9:15am
Got it from a 70 + old man at his garage sale. Right side was skinned up pretty bad! I can only imagine. 13 is my number of choice so I went with the Tortelli graphics done up by 180 Decals. Of course when it goes on Ebay, it will be thought to have been Tortelli's spare works practice bike. LOL
ATKpilot99
7/7/2010 9:23am
TriRacer27 wrote:

This is why:

newmann wrote:
But then you won't be buying into the four stroke hype dammit! Here's my total investment low hour $1900.00 2002 CR250 after I got through freshening...

Nice bike . Great job too , it looks like a new bike.

Post a reply to: KTM 350

The Latest