KTM 250 SXS-F

lloyd2890
Edited Date/Time 12/25/2021 1:25pm
Hi guys,

I'm just coming to the end of restoring my 2006 KTM 250 SXS-F, so I'm just dipping my toe in the water to see what interest there would be if i put it up for sale.

I have owned the bike from new and have all the documentation that came new with the bike including all the brochures and the unused invite from KTM to a special test day to allow their suspension guys to set the bike up (as all people that purchased an sxs that year got).

i raced the bike for 2 seasons and then purchased another bike to carry on racing while leaving the SXS in the garage to one day be restored, fast forward 8 years and as i previously said I'm just coming to the end of restoring back to exactly as it left the factory. 2006 was the first year KTM produced a 250 SXSF which i believe also makes it a little bit more special to the right collector. The SXS models benefit from the following:

Reinforced powder coated black frame
New cast swing arm, extremely light plus rigid
Braking discs front + rear, front floating
High quality Orange MX chain
SXS Twin chamber front fork, billet axle clamps with black nitrited stanchions
SXS PDS shock with Titanium spring
Holeshot device
Handle bar Damping system, adjustable for hieght and damping
Orange Billet Triple clamps with adjustable offset
Factory machined Brembo front brake caliper
Unique SXS Graphics
Factory style seat cover
Silencer heat shield
Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system
Airbox cover with additional air intake
Remote hot start device fitted to f/brake m/cylinder

My bike has all of the extras that came new with the bike and many of them have been replaced with new including a brand new full Akrapovic. Ive spent an absolute fortune on the restoration to make it as good as it possibly can be if the interest is there i can list everything that has been done on the restoration but to try and keep this post as short and sweet as possible i won't at the moment.

I've embedded a photo of the bike and again if the interest is there i can upload a lot more, i just thought i would see what interest i would get and go from there.

Im putting the bike up for £6000 which i believe is in the region of $8,500 although you would have to check an exact exchange rate.

Thanks Lloyd
|
Motofinne
11/23/2015 1:44pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2015 1:46pm
I would not sell it. You wont get £6k , or i would be very surprised if you would get anywhere near that. When was the last real sxs bike that everyone could buy? And the 2005-2006 sx bikes are beautiful!
lloyd2890
11/23/2015 1:52pm
Motofinne wrote:
I would not sell it. You wont get £6k , or i would be very surprised if you would get anywhere near that. When was the...
I would not sell it. You wont get £6k , or i would be very surprised if you would get anywhere near that. When was the last real sxs bike that everyone could buy? And the 2005-2006 sx bikes are beautiful!
The last genuine SXS was 2010 i think, i think its hard for anyone to say its worth this or its not worth that as i have never seen another 2006 for sale in a raced or restored condition so its very hard to price but with how rare the bike is 6K is my personal valuation of it.
Motofinne
11/23/2015 1:56pm
Motofinne wrote:
I would not sell it. You wont get £6k , or i would be very surprised if you would get anywhere near that. When was the...
lloyd2890 wrote:
The last genuine SXS was 2010 i think, i think its hard for anyone to say its worth this or its not worth that as i...
The last genuine SXS was 2010 i think, i think its hard for anyone to say its worth this or its not worth that as i have never seen another 2006 for sale in a raced or restored condition so its very hard to price but with how rare the bike is 6K is my personal valuation of it.
Yeah well a 2006 SXS bike in great shape is valuable, i would want about 5-6k of that bike if i was the owner but will anyone pay that for it? I don't know, you can try to get that for it!

The Shop

MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
11/23/2015 5:25pm
Sweet bike!

Here's the problem though....

Unless you owned one and have a sentimental soft spot for it..... you're WAY better off spending almost the same amount on a 2016 250f with probabaly 8 more HP.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
11/23/2015 8:51pm
Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay. Nice bike for sure.
lloyd2890
11/24/2015 10:03am
MxKing809 wrote:
Sweet bike! Here's the problem though.... Unless you owned one and have a sentimental soft spot for it..... you're WAY better off spending almost the same...
Sweet bike!

Here's the problem though....

Unless you owned one and have a sentimental soft spot for it..... you're WAY better off spending almost the same amount on a 2016 250f with probabaly 8 more HP.
i do agree that the average weekend racer isn't going to buy the bike, I'm looking more for a collector or something like that, as there were only 50 ever made in 2006 I'm going to find it hard to find someone who has owned one and wants another i think!
12/25/2021 1:25pm
I know this is a little while ago (lol) but I don’t suppose the bike is still around or even still for sale?
lloyd2890
12/25/2021 1:43pm
I know this is a little while ago (lol) but I don’t suppose the bike is still around or even still for sale?
Hi Tom, yep I still have the bike.
DuroTools
12/25/2021 3:12pm
lloyd2890 wrote:
Hi Tom, yep I still have the bike.
Wow 6 yrs later lol, i was always told if patient enough eventually the right buyer will come along.

Post a reply to: KTM 250 SXS-F

The Latest