KR KTM rift

nytsmaC
9/1/2014 9:01am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2014 11:53am
Does anyone know what the supposed rift was about, causing KR to skip town and move over to RCH? Or did emotions have nothing to do with it?

I remember a while ago, maybe last year, Bierer or Everts commenting to the media that Herlings was better than Roczen at that age, or something to that effect.

Was that all it took to piss off Roczen and ultimately lead to him leaving the team? Or was it something else that went on behind closed doors? Was Roger still giving Dungey preferential treatment despite KR outperforming him? Or was there nothing and it was strictly a business decision?
|
stantdm
9/1/2014 10:06am
There was a comment somewhere (I don't remember) that there was some friction between KR's Dad and KTM management. It may have been nothing as there was no source and no real detail. It was towards the end of the first third of the outdoors. While my personal opinion is that KR is making a very grave mistake leaving DeCoster and KTM for a number reasons, we do remember that KTM had the right to match any offers KR had and chose not to do so. Maybe the bad blood went both ways.
9/1/2014 10:11am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2014 10:12am
How many teams could afford a Dungey and a Roczen at the same time? Especially when Roczen had a great year and his contract was up?
Harry_Gray
9/1/2014 10:12am
TeamGreen wrote:
Money Talks
X100. Just the same; I'm sure he'll do quite well on the RCH Suzuki's too...

The Shop

Kdunkin
Fantasy
1290th
9/1/2014 10:12am
There is no way KTM can afford the "TWO" top guys in our sport who obv want max contracts. plus the fact that he has always been very comfortable and confident on yellow makes this decision seem pretty easy.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
9/1/2014 10:14am
Kdunkin wrote:
There is no way KTM can afford the "TWO" top guys in our sport who obv want max contracts. plus the fact that he has always...
There is no way KTM can afford the "TWO" top guys in our sport who obv want max contracts. plus the fact that he has always been very comfortable and confident on yellow makes this decision seem pretty easy.
So you're privy to Red Bull KTM's budget limits and details?
Harry_Gray
9/1/2014 10:16am
Kdunkin wrote:
There is no way KTM can afford the "TWO" top guys in our sport who obv want max contracts. plus the fact that he has always...
GuyB wrote:
So you're privy to Red Bull KTM's budget limits and details?
We're vitards; we know everything UnsureWhistling
Kdunkin
Fantasy
1290th
9/1/2014 10:18am
when was the last time one brand had the top 2 riders for more then two or three years, in the big boy class ? I have no inside details but seems pretty obv to me.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
9/1/2014 10:19am
Harry_Gray wrote:
I'm still not fond of the name. Some seem to thrive on it.
Harry_Gray
9/1/2014 10:21am
Kdunkin wrote:
when was the last time one brand had the top 2 riders for more then two or three years, in the big boy class ? I...
when was the last time one brand had the top 2 riders for more then two or three years, in the big boy class ? I have no inside details but seems pretty obv to me.
Serious answer; not in awhile. The last I can remember (that stands out) was Kiedrowski and Larocco on Kawasaki, and that didn't work out too well. Towards the end, those two were at each other's throats. Poor Roy Turner probably was drinking a fifth of bourbon a day having to deal with them two.
9/1/2014 10:24am
I don't think KTM has any money problems

Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
9/1/2014 10:25am
Purley speculation............but I think maybe he just felt like he wanted to be the main focus on a team. Nothing wrong with that.
jamma10
9/1/2014 10:27am
I doubt it had anything to do with that passing comment by Everts. He only said that he felt Herlings is "half a percent" better than Ken was at the same point in their development. He's still very complimentary about Kenny;

https://soundcloud.com/mxlarge-1/stefan-everts-interview

He also went on to give this interview with RacerX;

RacerX: You guys (Everts & Jonny O'Mara) were also talking about Ken Roczen having the potential to be the “next guy.”
Everts: Yeah, I’m sure he can be the next guy, but it will all come down to how he works and how we will approach his future. He’s been a great rider and he’s done what he’s needed to do, but if he wants to be the main guy and the big guy in the future in the big class, you have to work harder and more efficiently. For him to be working with a trainer now is a good step. That’s the first big step. I hope he can continue that for the next number of years. If he can work the same way Ryan is working now, I think he can be the next Villopoto of the future. I’ve seen Ken riding in Vegas and I’ve seen how he is already throwing that 450 around. I was also quite impressed with Ken at the des Nations. You can see that he has a lot of feeling with the bike. He’s a very talented rider, and he has such a great feeling with the bike and how to treat it and ride it. He’s a bit different than the others.

Kdunkin
Fantasy
1290th
9/1/2014 10:31am
Never said they had any "money" problems I'm well aware they have had two great years in sales/revenue. However that dose not mean they are willing to pay two riders max deals or else why would KR leave he just had the best summer of his life and a damn good year in SX regardless of who his teammate was
The Rock
9/1/2014 10:34am
Harry_Gray wrote:
GuyB wrote:
How about Vithusiasts?
9/1/2014 10:37am
This was from last year. I thought he was out at this junction for sure. It's all spelled out in that thread.
friday10
9/1/2014 10:51am
TeamGreen wrote:
Money Talks
Sorry to Hi jack this thread, but I'm curious about your "Ozzy" quote, Team Green. Who or what was that all about?
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
9/1/2014 10:51am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2014 10:52am
Harry_Gray wrote:
GuyB wrote:
The Rock wrote:
How about Vithusiasts?
Vite-etts?
TeamGreen
9/1/2014 10:57am
TeamGreen wrote:
Money Talks
friday10 wrote:
Sorry to Hi jack this thread, but I'm curious about your "Ozzy" quote, Team Green. Who or what was that all about?
Utah...managers stand discussion during 2nd Moto...it was a joke instigated by Watson.
OriolMassot
9/1/2014 10:58am
I'm happy to say that I once saw K-Roc in his rookie season in Bellpuig!
bd
9/1/2014 11:13am
I believe they brought the same topic up at PulpMX. Very unique - PulpMX stated (and correct me if I do not have all the details or I am wrong), KR and KTM Team (including management) were all partying after SLC MX (celebrating the championship). This does not sound like nasty break up. Its not like Hannah (leaving Yamaha) or RC (leaving Honda).
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
9/1/2014 11:21am
bd wrote:
I believe they brought the same topic up at PulpMX. Very unique - PulpMX stated (and correct me if I do not have all the details...
I believe they brought the same topic up at PulpMX. Very unique - PulpMX stated (and correct me if I do not have all the details or I am wrong), KR and KTM Team (including management) were all partying after SLC MX (celebrating the championship). This does not sound like nasty break up. Its not like Hannah (leaving Yamaha) or RC (leaving Honda).
They probably were. Can't blame him for wanting to be a clear cut number 1, make more money, and ride a bike he may feel suits him better. He was so displeased with the KTM suspension he brought his own guru in from Europe to help him sort it out.
bobby397
9/1/2014 11:27am
Kdunkin wrote:
when was the last time one brand had the top 2 riders for more then two or three years, in the big boy class ? I...
Reed and RV at Kawasaki
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
9/1/2014 11:30am
bd wrote:
I believe they brought the same topic up at PulpMX. Very unique - PulpMX stated (and correct me if I do not have all the details...
I don't think you're wrong.
jock
Fantasy
1st
9/1/2014 2:33pm
Kdunkin wrote:
I read in an interview that RD said they would have no problem matching the offer.
Crush
9/1/2014 3:31pm
Kdunkin wrote:
bobby397 wrote:
Reed and RV at Kawasaki
That lasted one year.

The last super team was Yamaha Reed, Ferry and DV or you might get by with Suzuki RC and Tortelli
brimx153
9/1/2014 4:45pm
has it not been said a good few time s now ,that he is going cause of the bike ,
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
9/1/2014 5:06pm
You could also call it a coincidence that he happened to sign with same managment that RCH uses...
Spergen
9/1/2014 5:18pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2014 5:19pm
Kdunkin wrote:
bobby397 wrote:
Reed and RV at Kawasaki
Crush wrote:
That lasted one year.

The last super team was Yamaha Reed, Ferry and DV or you might get by with Suzuki RC and Tortelli
Or how about Bayle & Stanton ? now that was a super team
hartebreak
Fantasy
246th
9/1/2014 5:26pm
Late 90s early 2000s, Honda spent some serious coin on Lusk, Tortelli, Windham, Pichon trying to de-throne MC.

Post a reply to: KR KTM rift

The Latest