Just shook hands with Chad

Thelen20
4/12/2015 8:51am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2015 4:38pm
Walking towards the paddock area down here in Austin at the motogp race, we were walking the same way , I glance over and there he is. Shook his hand and said hi, asked about his race last night (which I read about but have not seen), he says "it was OK, got taken out" I says ya I heard Jason Anderson got a little onry. He chuckled and said "ya". I don't want to bother him too much but I though it was pretty cool

I mean, my throttle hand touched his throttle hand, that can't hurt right!!! Lol
|
h&m_cycle
4/12/2015 8:53am
Thelen20 wrote:
Walking towards the paddock area down here in Austin at the motogp race, we were walking the same way , I glance over and there he...
Walking towards the paddock area down here in Austin at the motogp race, we were walking the same way , I glance over and there he is. Shook his hand and said hi, asked about his race last night (which I read about but have not seen), he says "it was OK, got taken out" I says ya I heard Jason Anderson got a little onry. He chuckled and said "ya". I don't want to bother him too much but I though it was pretty cool

I mean, my throttle hand touched his throttle hand, that can't hurt right!!! Lol
I'm getting ready to watch, first race in about a hour

Can you wave to me?

I'll wave back...
h&m_cycle
4/12/2015 8:56am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2015 9:02am
Thelen20
4/12/2015 9:13am
Thelen20 wrote:
Walking towards the paddock area down here in Austin at the motogp race, we were walking the same way , I glance over and there he...

h&m_cycle wrote:
I'm getting ready to watch, first race in about a hour

Can you wave to me?

I'll wave back...
I wouldn't do it for anybody else

The Shop

mx836
4/12/2015 9:27am
Sounds like a moto fan who respects the stars of the sport and knows they'd rather not be bothered instead of expecting a free helmet. The bromance crap isn't necessary lol. Would you rather Thelen started an argument with Chad's wife on social media?! WoohooGrinning
Thelen20
4/12/2015 9:41am
mx836 wrote:
Sounds like a moto fan who respects the stars of the sport and knows they'd rather not be bothered instead of expecting a free helmet. The...
Sounds like a moto fan who respects the stars of the sport and knows they'd rather not be bothered instead of expecting a free helmet. The bromance crap isn't necessary lol. Would you rather Thelen started an argument with Chad's wife on social media?! WoohooGrinning
That's all it was, he was just walking with 2 other guys. Lots of people around but nobody recognized him I guess. The only other times I have gotten close to any of the top pros I was in a huge group of people trying to get his attention. Not gonna lie, it was kinda cool to say a few words to him one on one

I have become a big fan of his the last 5 years or so. Remaining competitive like he has is nothing short of amazing!
Mr Bean
4/12/2015 9:44am
mx836 wrote:
Sounds like a moto fan who respects the stars of the sport and knows they'd rather not be bothered instead of expecting a free helmet. The...
Nah, I'd rather get scolded by Kermit with a machine gun. Smile

But hey, if Reedy or Mrs. Reedy are so insecure that they'll bite at some anonymous troll on the internet, well, might as well go fishing for the entertainment value, right? And the price is right, too!

There, you've sold me on the idea! Go for it!

Woohoo
mx836
4/12/2015 10:50am
mx836 wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:
Nah, I'd rather get scolded by Kermit with a machine gun. :) But hey, if Reedy or Mrs. Reedy are so insecure that they'll bite at...
Nah, I'd rather get scolded by Kermit with a machine gun. Smile

But hey, if Reedy or Mrs. Reedy are so insecure that they'll bite at some anonymous troll on the internet, well, might as well go fishing for the entertainment value, right? And the price is right, too!

There, you've sold me on the idea! Go for it!

Woohoo
Hahaha no scolding. I just happen to like this thread more than the ones people start on here to throw a racer under the bus because they didn't bend over backwards for a fan.
Thelen20
4/12/2015 11:16am
I was out there Friday for practice. Here is a video of the place and practice ending: [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/83b8myid0fw3mut/2015-04-10%2020.06.04.mp4? Last time there I had a small chat...
I was out there Friday for practice.

Here is a video of the place and practice ending:

[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/83b8myid0fw3mut/2015-04-10%2020.06.04.mp4?

Last time there I had a small chat with Steve Stackable while waiting in line for the restroom.

The place is epic, my avatar is from riding there last year, talk about an epic experience!!!

The rain has held off for the most part all weekend and it looks like we will have a dry primers class race in about 40 minutes
Mr Bean
4/12/2015 11:19am
mx836 wrote:
Hahaha no scolding. I just happen to like this thread more than the ones people start on here to throw a racer under the bus because...
Hahaha no scolding. I just happen to like this thread more than the ones people start on here to throw a racer under the bus because they didn't bend over backwards for a fan.
I gotcha, but you gotta admit that a post that contains something along the lines of "my hand touched his hand" is gonna get some ribbing... and mine was light compared to what some of these guys will do, Shocked
Thelen20
4/12/2015 11:26am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2015 11:27am
mx836 wrote:
Hahaha no scolding. I just happen to like this thread more than the ones people start on here to throw a racer under the bus because...
Mr Bean wrote:
I gotcha, but you gotta admit that a post that contains something along the lines of "my hand touched his hand" is gonna get some ribbing...
I gotcha, but you gotta admit that a post that contains something along the lines of "my hand touched his hand" is gonna get some ribbing... and mine was light compared to what some of these guys will do, Shocked
Nevermind
Zracer
4/12/2015 11:27am
Some of you act all kinds of weird cause you met someone you seen on TV.
Thelen20
4/12/2015 11:33am
Zracer wrote:
Some of you act all kinds of weird cause you met someone you seen on TV.
Sorry for posting

I guess nobody gets the funny I was trying to make about shaking his hand, I guess I sounded serious

Just curious, what would you have done in the same situation besides not posting anything
Zracer
4/12/2015 11:36am
Honestly nothing. I wouldnt have spoken to him. I would have no reason too. He is not at work and deserves his time off.
Johnny Depp
4/12/2015 11:39am
Thelen20 I am impressed you do that kind of racing. Have you got any photos to put up?

By the way, what was Ellie wearing?
Thelen20
4/12/2015 11:44am
Thelen20 I am impressed you do that kind of racing. Have you got any photos to put up?

By the way, what was Ellie wearing?
I actually have not raced the asphalt, only race MX. Racing asphalt is way more expensive. But track days on my 07 cbr600 are super fun. Have done 10 or 12 track days over the last 3 years, just having fun with it. And yes, the skills from the dirt do cross over. Here come a couple pics
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
4/12/2015 11:49am
Zracer wrote:
Honestly nothing. I wouldnt have spoken to him. I would have no reason too. He is not at work and deserves his time off.
Dude, you are so core !!Cool
Zracer
4/12/2015 11:54am
Zracer wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
If core means 12 years old chasing after somebody to meet them .... no I am not that core. They are just people.
Thelen20
4/12/2015 11:57am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2015 11:59am
Zracer wrote:
I though about it but figured a little fan admiration for 10 seconds wouldn't hurt too much. To each there own

He didn't even have to stop walking but for a split second, started walking again after I shook his hand
Thelen20
4/12/2015 12:02pm
Zracer wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
Zracer wrote:
If core means 12 years old chasing after somebody to meet them .... no I am not that core. They are just people.
If core means not saying a couple nice words to someone you admire and are already walking beside, then ya, I'm totally not core, lol
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
4/12/2015 12:04pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Zracer wrote:
Thelen20 wrote:
If core means not saying a couple nice words to someone you admire and are already walking beside, then ya, I'm totally not core, lol
You did nothing wrong, Zracer just thinks he's too cool for school. Wink
Motodave15
4/12/2015 12:05pm
speaking of the facility THELEN20..

where are the best seats? I've already bought me and my dads tickets to the F1 Race in october.... what turn would be the best throught the whole weekend?
PJ205
4/12/2015 12:10pm
Thelen20 you need to apologize to Zracer right this minute for not doing what he would have done in your situation. Who do you think you are showing one of the most talented motocross riders on the planet, that you might not get the chance to meet again, some respect and saying hello for a quick second outside of a supercross or motocross race?
Thelen20
4/12/2015 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2015 12:13pm
Motodave15 wrote:
speaking of the facility THELEN20.. where are the best seats? I've already bought me and my dads tickets to the F1 Race in october.... what turn...

where are the best seats? I've already bought me and my dads tickets to the F1 Race in october.... what turn would be the best throught the whole weekend?
Depends what you wanna see. We are in turn 15 grandstands for the 3rd year in a row. Section 24 this time and it is perfect! Feel like we can see the most track area from here and there is a jumbotron in front of the stands to see everything else. Turn 1 grandstands are good too, been up there watching practice. If you sit on the start finish straight that's all you will see but the jumbotrons are there too, like watching on TV.
jamma10
4/12/2015 12:24pm
They just interviewed Reedy in the pits on BT Sport (Live UK coverage)
Motodave15
4/12/2015 12:31pm
Motodave15 wrote:
speaking of the facility THELEN20.. where are the best seats? I've already bought me and my dads tickets to the F1 Race in october.... what turn...

Thelen20 wrote:
Depends what you wanna see. We are in turn 15 grandstands for the 3rd year in a row. Section 24 this time and it is perfect...
Depends what you wanna see. We are in turn 15 grandstands for the 3rd year in a row. Section 24 this time and it is perfect! Feel like we can see the most track area from here and there is a jumbotron in front of the stands to see everything else. Turn 1 grandstands are good too, been up there watching practice. If you sit on the start finish straight that's all you will see but the jumbotrons are there too, like watching on TV.
oh ok, i got general ad, seating so i was wondering where to go. me and my pops are the roaming type lol especially at a facility that big..
Zracer
4/12/2015 12:31pm
PJ205 wrote:
Thelen20 you need to apologize to Zracer right this minute for not doing what he would have done in your situation. Who do you think you...
Thelen20 you need to apologize to Zracer right this minute for not doing what he would have done in your situation. Who do you think you are showing one of the most talented motocross riders on the planet, that you might not get the chance to meet again, some respect and saying hello for a quick second outside of a supercross or motocross race?
Bite me. I just said I thought his post was weird. He asked me what I would have done, I never offered it. I never told him what he should do. If you guys want to act like little girls chasing down a musician in public ... go for it. Seems weird to me.

Post a reply to: Just shook hands with Chad

The Latest