Just an FYI on site speed

flarider
1/10/2011 6:06pm
GuyB wrote:
While I know there was some bog on Saturday, you'll be happy to know that we added another server, which should make Vital MX much faster...
While I know there was some bog on Saturday, you'll be happy to know that we added another server, which should make Vital MX much faster than before, even during high traffic periods.

Also, in the next week or so, we'll be updating the site code (the entire thing is being retooled now), which should also offer additional speed boosts. Both Vital BMX and Vital MTB have undergone these changes already, and both are significantly faster than before.

We'll be looking for any glitches after we do the update, and we can definitely use your help and feedback. I'll give you some advance warning when the changes will take place.

Thanks!
With all due respect, may I ask, why were they first?

Are they greater traffic/following than MX?

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/10/2011 6:09pm
Not sure why. They were all supposed to be finished before our race season started.

Personally (and don't tell them this), I look at them as the crash test dummies that should make it smoother when it hits the moto site. Wink
ocscottie
1/10/2011 6:19pm
in all reality, the bog on race day wasnt such a bad thing, a lot less of those, how do i say it nicely..."less desirable posts" Cool
Highsider
1/10/2011 7:13pm
ocscottie wrote:
in all reality, the bog on race day wasnt such a bad thing, a lot less of those, how do i say it nicely..."less desirable posts"...
in all reality, the bog on race day wasnt such a bad thing, a lot less of those, how do i say it nicely..."less desirable posts" Cool
I felt like the site went faster after the tv broadcast started.
It wasn't as bad overall as I dreaded.

The Shop

the_wood109
1/10/2011 7:42pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2011 7:43pm
Good news, Guy. I could barely get on Vital before the race, so I didn't bother during it.

Perhaps somebody could explain to the AMA why it is a bad idea to have their laptime servers on one pipe?
jndmx
1/10/2011 7:45pm
Does seem a little more peppy today.

Post a reply to: Just an FYI on site speed

The Latest