Justin Barcia Shares a Letter about Monster Cup

ML512
Fantasy
45th
Edited Date/Time 10/18/2017 7:55am
http://www.vitalmx.com/news/press-release/Justin-Barcia-Shares-a-Letter…

JB's camp sent over a letter regarding the Monster Energy Cup and thanking the crew that helped him put it together.

From Justin Barcia:

Hello Everyone,

Thank You, Thank You and Thank You!!!! That’s one of the first things that comes to mind when I think about this weekend. I’m thankful and unbelievably grateful to see how all the hard work that my sponsors/crew put in came together so well. I’m thankful and humbled by how many Industry people came to say hi and wish me luck. Some of my former crew members, riders and crew from other teams and all sorts of gear and goggle people came by and wished me the best which was very cool. And then the energy and vibe from the fans was incredible and I was so thankful for their support and well wishes that I knew I had to just forget any nerves and just give it my all.

As many of you may have heard, I had a fall within the first 50 feet of riding on Press Day. Needless to say that didn’t help the nerves any, but I decided to just have fun with it and put my head down and keep trying. As Saturday progressed, I kept getting more and more comfortable on the bike at race pace and made changes that kept making it even better. Qualifying 13th wasn’t what I wanted, but I knew I had more so I just kept smiling and having fun with the day. Finishing tenth in the first Main had me fired up especially after I had another rider use my ribs as a berm. It was then that I decided it was time to be more aggressive and ride less cautious. The second Main had me pumped with a much better start and a battle until the checkered flag. The final Main had me happy to get the best finish of the weekend with a fifth. Qualifying 13th and Main Event finishes of tenth, sixth, & fifth shows the improvement each time I went out on the bike. I’m happy with the weekend and certainly am glad I chose to race. It was the first time in a while that I felt less like I was doing a job and more like I was having fun racing my dirtbike. I now have to figure out what is next for the 2018 season, but I hope whatever decision I make allows me to have a similar feeling as I did this past weekend.

Thanks for reading, JB51

P.S. I know Monster Energy put on a great show with the different race format, the amateur racers, the Whip contest, etc., but I sincerely hope that the entertainment that we provide helped the city of Vegas be distracted from the recent tragic events and put a smile on the faces of those whose lives were impacted by the tragedy. At times like this, I believe we are all one community and though they may hit us, they will never break us…..#VegasStrong
|
gt80rider
10/17/2017 5:16pm
Classy move on his part, props to Barcia..
DE262
10/17/2017 5:25pm Edited Date/Time 10/17/2017 5:27pm
I dig that kid. A pleasure to be around.
His ribs looked gnarly- tough kid!

The Shop

Sully
10/17/2017 5:46pm
The P.S. at the end was a really nice touch to a great letter. It sounds like the kid's head is in the right place. I really hope he does well next season, whether he's on Davi's bike or one of his own.
10/17/2017 5:59pm Edited Date/Time 10/17/2017 6:06pm
I have absolutely nothing against Barcia... but I've got a hunch this wasn't entirely his idea / more of a self serving gesture. Solid PR move either way..

early
Fantasy
2212th
10/17/2017 6:11pm
I have absolutely nothing against Barcia... but I've got a hunch this wasn't entirely his idea / more of a self serving gesture. Solid PR move...
I have absolutely nothing against Barcia... but I've got a hunch this wasn't entirely his idea / more of a self serving gesture. Solid PR move either way..

Maybe hes learned a thing or two. Maybe other riders have as well by example.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/17/2017 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 10/17/2017 6:12pm
I have absolutely nothing against Barcia... but I've got a hunch this wasn't entirely his idea / more of a self serving gesture. Solid PR move...

Before the final race of the night Justin asked me if I could come by and shoot a short video with him to thank his supporters and take a group photo, after the final moto. I shot with him earlier in the week and every time I saw him at the race he was constantly thanking everyone around him. Dude is straight grateful, period.
10/17/2017 6:18pm
Good call ML. I certainly do believe he's been humbled lately. The letter just seemed a little over the top from someone who coincidentally is still looking for ride. You know these dudes better than I do though
Joko
Fantasy
233rd
10/17/2017 7:25pm
Maybe on pulp next?
DE262
10/17/2017 8:11pm
ML512 wrote:
Before the final race of the night Justin asked me if I could come by and shoot a short video with him to thank his supporters...
Before the final race of the night Justin asked me if I could come by and shoot a short video with him to thank his supporters and take a group photo, after the final moto. I shot with him earlier in the week and every time I saw him at the race he was constantly thanking everyone around him. Dude is straight grateful, period.
^^^^^^ This exactly^^^^^
...and thank you for taking that pic ML- one for my garage wall for sure!
AngryBear
10/17/2017 9:04pm
fan or not, you have to at least acknowledge he is playing the game the right way post JGR.

personally, i'm a huge fan.
Hut
10/17/2017 9:15pm
Good Job Bam Bam! Thanks for sharing ML
Squitlege
10/17/2017 9:29pm
Pretty damn solid statement from the guy. Thanks for the post ML.
H4L
10/17/2017 9:32pm
Certainly showing a lot of maturity.
Was thinking the same thing after I read the letter. Life has a way of giving everyone some humble pie at one point or another in your life. It's how you decide to deal with it in a positive way that could make the difference.
I hope he does get another opportunity to ride for a top team in the near future.
wfo4ever
10/17/2017 9:33pm
Justin Barcia that was a class act on your part. You sir just gained a lot of new fans, hopefully some sponsors, and maybe even a well deserved ride. Have fun, stay positive, and good things will come. I have been a fan for years, wfo4ever likes your style, bounce it off the rev limiter and other riders, it is all good. I miss watching "Bam-Bam", you make the sport more exciting. It also makes Bob Hannah smile...
dkg
10/17/2017 9:54pm
Nice letter. Very classy. Wish Justin the best
flatout111
10/17/2017 11:40pm

ML512 wrote:
Before the final race of the night Justin asked me if I could come by and shoot a short video with him to thank his supporters...
Which is a lot more than I can say for my favorite riders. Cough...27 and 7.

I hope BamBam lands the Yamaha deal and revives his career. I like this kid more and more.
Rockinar
10/18/2017 1:50am
Good call ML. I certainly do believe he's been humbled lately. The letter just seemed a little over the top from someone who coincidentally is still...
Good call ML. I certainly do believe he's been humbled lately. The letter just seemed a little over the top from someone who coincidentally is still looking for ride. You know these dudes better than I do though

What is he supposed to do? Go fishing with Mookie and wait for the phone to ring? He's taking the Dean Wilson route. Get a bike and go prove youre still hungry.

mmcmx
10/18/2017 2:57am
It's sad that this is such a boys sport, when they start to mature their career is almost over.
motomike137
10/18/2017 3:35am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2017 3:40am
Deano an Justin are my kinda guys. They both ended up in the same boat and took a nice hard look in the mirror and decided they love what they do (imho). I hope Justin lands another quality ride because I for one love watching him race and he still has the potential to win. I also want to give a shout out to one of my local shops Tech Care Development! I've known the founding father of that shop Dave Bowman for many many years. GO BAM BAM!
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
10/18/2017 3:41am
Good for him and hopefully he can turn his career around with this new attitude... Being humble is an excellent first step on his new path! Good luck Justin!
twotwosix
10/18/2017 7:12am
PR announcement for Justin's new ride in 3...2...1...
10/18/2017 7:23am
Props to Justin for doing what he is doing. I met him at club mx a year ago and he was one of the nicest guys ive met. hope he gets a good ride. Nice to see someone who actually wants to race!

Post a reply to: Justin Barcia Shares a Letter about Monster Cup

The Latest