Josh Lichtle

gar47mx
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:36pm
I have been following his story all week on Motoplayground.com
He use to be super fast on 80's back in the day and was a really cool kid
One year at LL he joined in with me and some buddys in some late night crazy antics on our golf carts. Kid definitely knew how to have fun! Glad to see hes doing good now

part 4 of his story will be posted next week on motoplayground.com
check it out
|
squid48
10/31/2008 11:29am
Link doesnt seem to be working...

The whole family is nice! We parked next to them at Whitney one year and his dads a character!!

So is he!

Whats he been up to?? Since the link wont work...
gar47mx
10/31/2008 11:47am
well he got hurt here up in NY real bad several years ago and broke his ankle really bad. After that he got a yamaha suppourt ride with my buddy Jack Carpenter but that ended being kind a bum deal and things fell appart. After that he basically got frustrated and distracted and started partying and getting in some trouble..actually went to jail he said. Now he is getting his life back together and trying to better himself. Cool story and he tells the whole thing himself. Much respect to him and hope it all works out
gar47mx
10/31/2008 11:57am
I'm sure it was just some stupid drunken bullshit. Nothing serious prolly. Tons of respect to Josh just for being so open about his life and telling it like it is. I'm sure if he gets in racing shape and got some good bikes under him he could still do something. Kid railed back in the day...a little bit of a wild riding style but very fast for sure

The Shop

Tbteam
10/31/2008 12:01pm
I was standing right there when he broke his ankle at Area51. It was ugly, and it happened because he was showing off for his girlfriend's family at the time. Damn shame.
squid48
10/31/2008 12:28pm
Kid definately had potential back in his day... wish he woulda had the heart...
mxbeeb
10/31/2008 12:37pm
I think it was in 2003 when Lichtle and Millsaps had some INSANE battles in the Schoolboy class at Loretta Lynn's aboard their RM125s. Millsaps got the title, but they were neck-and-neck on speed.
bayodome
Fantasy
4282nd
10/31/2008 1:04pm
Good to see he finally woke up. Back in 2003, Josh was sent in to "help" us at a motocross school at Broome-Tioga. He, along with his friends, ended up causing more problems than the other 50 students combined. There was never any doubt that he has talent, but that day really made me question if he would ever live up to his potential.

Kids like Josh who have it all growing up and doing nothing but racing, don't really lose sight of what they are working toward, because they never see anything else other than racing and training. When they have to face the real world, they finally see how good they had it. Look at guys like Billy Payne and Bobby Bonds. Both were child prodigies, got sick of racing by the time they could actually make money at it, spent some time away from racing and have come back to accomplish some great things. Maybe Josh can do the same.
gar47mx
10/31/2008 1:08pm
Tbteam wrote:
I was standing right there when he broke his ankle at Area51. It was ugly, and it happened because he was showing off for his girlfriend's...
I was standing right there when he broke his ankle at Area51. It was ugly, and it happened because he was showing off for his girlfriend's family at the time. Damn shame.
what jump was it that he got hurt on? The announcer step up by the grandstands or the other big step up right next to that but it goes in opposite direction? just wondering
Active Ride
10/31/2008 2:02pm
I will play the lottery this weekend... If I win I will give him a ride for supercross. Seriously..
Spinner
10/31/2008 2:28pm
Oak Hill Texas, 2005 (or maybe it was 2006?).

Lichtle got the holeshot in the 250/450 A/Pro class and was running away with it. Several very fast guys in the class. Jason Lawrence had one of the very few 250 two strokes in the class (a beat up and battered 250 at that) and was having to come from the very back. Well, at Oak Hill, they had to run 20 minute motos. So with two or three laps to go, Lawrence is coming on like a freight train and Lichtle is nervous, looking over his shoulder in every corner.

Finally, right there at the flag stand, with the white flag flying, Lawrence pulls up side by side with Lichtle going up the uphill jump section they had. While in mid air, Lawrence waves at Lichtle (apparently there was some friction betwixt the two and both rode for Cole Gress at Suzuki) and when they landed, Lawrence dropped the hammer and took off.

At the checkers, Lawrence had about a 20 second gap. Lichtle had blew his wad early in the moto trying to sprint out to a lead and was worn out.

At the winner's podium, Lichtle's mom went all "cheerleader mom" on Lawrence. Pretty funny.
Tbteam
10/31/2008 6:56pm
Tbteam wrote:
I was standing right there when he broke his ankle at Area51. It was ugly, and it happened because he was showing off for his girlfriend's...
gar47mx wrote:
what jump was it that he got hurt on? The announcer step up by the grandstands or the other big step up right next to that...
what jump was it that he got hurt on? The announcer step up by the grandstands or the other big step up right next to that but it goes in opposite direction? just wondering
After the big step up in the other direction there is a slight downhill/uphill section and then you jump down and turn right. Back then the jump before the corner was fairly abrupt and steep. he hit it and WAY over jumped it and flat landed big time. He immediately rode to the pits, fell over and laid there in mucho pain.
jkkt
10/31/2008 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2008 7:03pm
Spinner wrote:
Oak Hill Texas, 2005 (or maybe it was 2006?). Lichtle got the holeshot in the 250/450 A/Pro class and was running away with it. Several very...

Lichtle got the holeshot in the 250/450 A/Pro class and was running away with it. Several very fast guys in the class. Jason Lawrence had one of the very few 250 two strokes in the class (a beat up and battered 250 at that) and was having to come from the very back. Well, at Oak Hill, they had to run 20 minute motos. So with two or three laps to go, Lawrence is coming on like a freight train and Lichtle is nervous, looking over his shoulder in every corner.

Finally, right there at the flag stand, with the white flag flying, Lawrence pulls up side by side with Lichtle going up the uphill jump section they had. While in mid air, Lawrence waves at Lichtle (apparently there was some friction betwixt the two and both rode for Cole Gress at Suzuki) and when they landed, Lawrence dropped the hammer and took off.

At the checkers, Lawrence had about a 20 second gap. Lichtle had blew his wad early in the moto trying to sprint out to a lead and was worn out.

At the winner's podium, Lichtle's mom went all "cheerleader mom" on Lawrence. Pretty funny.
Can you define "cheerleader mom" for me? Just curious what the definition would be in a motocrossers eyes.
Moto547
10/31/2008 7:22pm
man I member watchin him in the Mini Warriors
and gromageddon, the Beggining etc. He used
to rip so hard. It would be super cool to seem him
get his shit together and come out with a top 15
finish next year at the Nats. Best of luck to him for sure.
rucka356
10/31/2008 7:35pm
mxbeeb wrote:
I think it was in 2003 when Lichtle and Millsaps had some INSANE battles in the Schoolboy class at Loretta Lynn's aboard their RM125s. Millsaps got...
I think it was in 2003 when Lichtle and Millsaps had some INSANE battles in the Schoolboy class at Loretta Lynn's aboard their RM125s. Millsaps got the title, but they were neck-and-neck on speed.
That was one badass race. I remember that moto, and that is one of the best races I have ever seen. LIchtle finally pulled away after jumping over a lapper or something and millsaps didn't go for it. It gave lichtle just enough cushion to be able to take the lines he needed to. That was in 03 for sure.
squid48
11/1/2008 9:28am
mxbeeb wrote:
I think it was in 2003 when Lichtle and Millsaps had some INSANE battles in the Schoolboy class at Loretta Lynn's aboard their RM125s. Millsaps got...
rucka356 wrote:
That was one badass race. I remember that moto, and that is one of the best races I have ever seen. LIchtle finally pulled away after...
That was one badass race. I remember that moto, and that is one of the best races I have ever seen. LIchtle finally pulled away after jumping over a lapper or something and millsaps didn't go for it. It gave lichtle just enough cushion to be able to take the lines he needed to. That was in 03 for sure.
i remember this too because my bro was in the same race.... but he was back around 8th...

If he gets his shit together, this guys is a force to be scared of if your trying to break the top 20.
Adam43
11/1/2008 9:34am
gar47mx wrote:
I'm sure it was just some stupid drunken bullshit. Nothing serious prolly. Tons of respect to Josh just for being so open about his life and...
I'm sure it was just some stupid drunken bullshit. Nothing serious prolly. Tons of respect to Josh just for being so open about his life and telling it like it is. I'm sure if he gets in racing shape and got some good bikes under him he could still do something. Kid railed back in the day...a little bit of a wild riding style but very fast for sure
I dunno man, you don't usually get sent to jail for "drunken bullshit, nothing serious." But really seems like he's past it just listening to him. And he's still riding, which is cool. Maybe we'll hear from him again yet.
gar47mx
11/1/2008 9:54am
Ya I know what you mean but I could'nt tell from the interview if he actually served time or he was just sent to the drunk tank for a night with guys detoxing and sobering up...either way I think that it was a rude awakening for him.
RMZ819
11/1/2008 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 11/2/2008 1:25am
Riders like Lichtle come and go every yr. If you have 1 or 2 bad yrs you are forgotten. Then its on to the next latest and greatest rider.
mxdancer
11/1/2008 4:51pm
RMZ819 wrote:
Riders like Lichtle come and go every yr. If you have 1 or 2 bad yrs you are forgotten. Then its on to the next latest...
Riders like Lichtle come and go every yr. If you have 1 or 2 bad yrs you are forgotten. Then its on to the next latest and greatest rider.
I'm afraid you have a point. A rider cannot take a year, much less two, off to recover from injuries... much less bad behavior problems, unless he's a JS (or a JL), or the like.

Gma B

11/1/2008 6:32pm
Spinner wrote:
Oak Hill Texas, 2005 (or maybe it was 2006?). Lichtle got the holeshot in the 250/450 A/Pro class and was running away with it. Several very...

What did Lawrence do or say to her?
hammertime
11/1/2008 11:27pm
probably the same stuff he said to get him banned from mx.

some losers learn in time,,,,some don't. by the end of sx 2009, you'll see that this loser didn't learn.

he'll be the lechien that was gone from the sport by 21 but without any of ron's major titles or wins.....which will make him completlyforgetable....like he deserves!
Lightning78
11/1/2008 11:42pm
Wait till the sx season is over before you pass judgement..............
hammertime
11/2/2008 12:26am
Wait till the sx season is over before you pass judgement..............
nice theory....but you don't go from zero to hero in sx of all places.....mabybe a few top 15's in outdoor.....only against wharton......to dungey and the other 25 guys that have perfect conditioning, bikes, and rythem going into the year.

stoner comebackes are well.....not!
Lightning78
11/2/2008 1:07am
yup that is true but he went from zero to hero in 08 for sx (and please don't bring up the mx season) and won the title right? Dude can win and will do so, Dungey will have staying power in his career but the title no matter what will be a toss up
hammertime
11/2/2008 1:27am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 9:05pm
c'mon, while lawrence went from "regional" star to...well, such an idiot that he wasn't even allowed to race.....dungey worked his talent to such a level that he was the only guy to beat ryan straight up....i sat 10 feet away and watched it.....then the us. open scene ect. a full on star was born....oh yeah, a 450 podium.....while a drunken, suspended chump wasn't even allowed to ride.

only an idiot would say dungey wasn't the full on favorite to be the in/out champ of 125's in 09.....and shit, we just found out a just week ago that jason even had a bike....figure it out. results, ethics, consistancy perfect training, full focus, and prime sponsorship is the only recipe that can possibly win a title in the toughest sport on the planet.
KBehlingMX
2/24/2009 7:42pm
Were's Lichtle at?

Heard he was going to do the East rounds, haven't seen him at either.
Maybe Indy?

Should be able to qualify for either class easily in my opinion.
2/24/2009 7:45pm
Rochester Hills Michigan, last i heard he was planning on doing the AX series I can find out this weekend maybe if your itching for the answer
mxknowitall
2/24/2009 7:46pm
KBehlingMX wrote:
Were's Lichtle at? Heard he was going to do the East rounds, haven't seen him at either. Maybe Indy? Should be able to qualify for either...
Were's Lichtle at?

Heard he was going to do the East rounds, haven't seen him at either.
Maybe Indy?

Should be able to qualify for either class easily in my opinion.
I'm pretty sure I saw him at Atlanta with the Izzi's.

Post a reply to: Josh Lichtle

The Latest