1/27/2010 8:02pm
P wrote:
Can you say Honda.............

P
Whoa!!! Can we say Hateraid? Geezzzz
jndmx
1/27/2010 8:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:24pm
Looped Out wrote:
It's called "The Bandwagon". Team's work just like fan's do. When they start doing good, people start paying attention to them. There are times when a...
It's called "The Bandwagon". Team's work just like fan's do. When they start doing good, people start paying attention to them. There are times when a rider is left out in the cold, over looked by every team out there and a team picks him up and puts hours, days and months of hard work in to his riding and work ethic, and the rider start riding to their potential.

When the rider starts doing good and getting results, he comes back on the radar of all the team's and everyone starts romancing them.

Sometimes the rider remembers who and what got them to the top, but there are other times they just forget how or who turned their career around and they sign a contract with another team.

It's just how it works in the industry. You can't blame the riders, their only human.

Yes, Josh Hill has turned his career around and is in 2nd in the Supercross Championship so let's just see if he chooses to stay with the team that helped him turn everything around or move on. Time will tell.
Larry....

Are you saying that you feel that Josh really should return to the the team since you guys hired him when he was down?

I mean he thanks you profusely every chance he gets so clearly he understands what a good opportunity he got when you hired him to ride for the L&M team.

Nice avatar by the way....Freudian slip?
Cook441
1/27/2010 9:17pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2010 9:21pm
500guy wrote:
After showing James a wheel last week. Team Yamaha might need to get their Semi back and run their own race program again. Only room for...
After showing James a wheel last week.

Team Yamaha might need to get their Semi back and run their own race program again.

Only room for one top dog on Jame's team
Casemark wrote:
Why would they do that? Team Yamaha had Josh Hill for 4 or 5 years, brought him in as an up and coming star and proceeded...
Why would they do that? Team Yamaha had Josh Hill for 4 or 5 years, brought him in as an up and coming star and proceeded to ruin his confidence and put him in a rut where he started partying to forget about what was going on around him.

Now that Hill is on a private effort, he is riding to his full potential.

Can you not see that? You would have to be stupid to send him back from were he came.
you ever been to college? You blame the way he acted and the things he did on team blue? Blame it on freedom and growing for crying out loud it coulda woulda happended under any color awning even L&M if the timing was right- Look at lil Hanny-and quit making excuses for 17 year olds-
andymoto
1/27/2010 11:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:24pm
Looped Out wrote:
It's called "The Bandwagon". Team's work just like fan's do. When they start doing good, people start paying attention to them. There are times when a...
It's called "The Bandwagon". Team's work just like fan's do. When they start doing good, people start paying attention to them. There are times when a rider is left out in the cold, over looked by every team out there and a team picks him up and puts hours, days and months of hard work in to his riding and work ethic, and the rider start riding to their potential.

When the rider starts doing good and getting results, he comes back on the radar of all the team's and everyone starts romancing them.

Sometimes the rider remembers who and what got them to the top, but there are other times they just forget how or who turned their career around and they sign a contract with another team.

It's just how it works in the industry. You can't blame the riders, their only human.

Yes, Josh Hill has turned his career around and is in 2nd in the Supercross Championship so let's just see if he chooses to stay with the team that helped him turn everything around or move on. Time will tell.
jndmx wrote:
Larry.... Are you saying that you feel that Josh really should return to the the team since you guys hired him when he was down? I...
Larry....

Are you saying that you feel that Josh really should return to the the team since you guys hired him when he was down?

I mean he thanks you profusely every chance he gets so clearly he understands what a good opportunity he got when you hired him to ride for the L&M team.

LB didn't attend Phoenix podium, but called Matthes Motoshow and apologized to Josh. He wasn't upset at the least by it.

Both sure acted as they liked each other plenty.

Enjoyable series so far in both classes for sure!

Go Hill.

The Shop

jndmx
1/28/2010 6:35am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:24pm
Looped Out wrote:

jndmx wrote:
Larry.... Are you saying that you feel that Josh really should return to the the team since you guys hired him when he was down? I...
Larry....

andymoto wrote:
[b]I mean he thanks you profusely every chance he gets so clearly he understands what a good opportunity he got when you hired him to ride...

LB didn't attend Phoenix podium, but called Matthes Motoshow and apologized to Josh. He wasn't upset at the least by it.

Go Hill.
Definitely andymoto, I totally agree that it seems like a very mutual thing.

My question is more about this;

"Sometimes the rider remembers who and what got them to the top, but there are other times they just forget how or who turned their career around and they sign a contract with another team."

I am just wondering if LB thinks that Josh really should re-sign with the team since undeniably going to L&M has been a great boost for Josh when he really needed it.

Or perhaps Larry is referring to a rider that used to be on the L&M squad but signed with "another team" last year......just curious, that's my nature.

I agree also that the series has been great so far, exciting and unpredictable in the 450's and great racing in the 250's.

P
1/28/2010 7:40am
If he keeps it up I'd almost put money on it that Honda will take a hard look at him. Why wouldn't they, especially if he seems to be past any off track issues he was having. They would be crazy not to. That's just MHO.

Also, hopefully he gets his family sutff straightened out.

P
Cook441
1/28/2010 7:49am Edited Date/Time 1/28/2010 7:51am
jndmx wrote:
Larry....

andymoto wrote:
[b]I mean he thanks you profusely every chance he gets so clearly he understands what a good opportunity he got when you hired him to ride...

Go Hill.
jndmx wrote:
Definitely andymoto, I totally agree that it seems like a very mutual thing. My question is more about this; [b]"Sometimes the rider remembers who and what...

"Sometimes the rider remembers who and what got them to the top, but there are other times they just forget how or who turned their career around and they sign a contract with another team."

I am just wondering if LB thinks that Josh really should re-sign with the team since undeniably going to L&M has been a great boost for Josh when he really needed it.

Or perhaps Larry is referring to a rider that used to be on the L&M squad but signed with "another team" last year......just curious, that's my nature.

I agree also that the series has been great so far, exciting and unpredictable in the 450's and great racing in the 250's.

Look at it the other way- L&M is lucky to have such a high caliber rider willing to work so hard and get results like that for the little amount that they are willing to pay- Loyalty is nice and you can feel it from Josh in the interviews but there are prices for riders that produce certain results and if L&M can't afford it next year it's nothing personal. I mean if they had to cut funding do you think the co- would thionk twice about letting HIll go? It's nothing personal it's biz- I think they thought they would get another Chisolm with the $ they had budgeted for 2010 support rider but so far they have a title contender- score!!!! right?
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
1/28/2010 8:04am
P wrote:

P
You sure you know what youre talking about, because you sound like you dont
jndmx
1/28/2010 9:30am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:24pm
andymoto wrote:

Go Hill.
jndmx wrote:
Definitely andymoto, I totally agree that it seems like a very mutual thing. My question is more about this; [b]"Sometimes the rider remembers who and what...

Cook441 wrote:
Look at it the other way- L&M is lucky to have such a high caliber rider willing to work so hard and get results like that...
Look at it the other way- L&M is lucky to have such a high caliber rider willing to work so hard and get results like that for the little amount that they are willing to pay- Loyalty is nice and you can feel it from Josh in the interviews but there are prices for riders that produce certain results and if L&M can't afford it next year it's nothing personal. I mean if they had to cut funding do you think the co- would thionk twice about letting HIll go? It's nothing personal it's biz- I think they thought they would get another Chisolm with the $ they had budgeted for 2010 support rider but so far they have a title contender- score!!!! right?
Totally agree.

Hill has definitely been an awesome investment for L&M, likewise it has been a tremendous fit for Josh.

I also understand the price/budget thing, heck if someone offered me big bucks to make a move my loyalty might be affected.
As you said just business.

Again it is really only this statement that has me curious;

That seems like a very direct statement about loyalty, whether it is directed at Josh or a previous L&M rider.

I'm just curious to know who Larry was referring to that's all.....no biggie.
jndmx
1/28/2010 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:25pm
Hmmmmmm.

Kind of odd how Looped Out shows up in threads about L&M riders, does a press release and then Poof!!

Just sayin.
Cook441
1/28/2010 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2010 4:31pm
jndmx wrote:

Cook441 wrote:
Look at it the other way- L&M is lucky to have such a high caliber rider willing to work so hard and get results like that...
jndmx wrote:
Totally agree. Hill has definitely been an awesome investment for L&M, likewise it has been a tremendous fit for Josh. I also understand the price/budget thing...
Totally agree.

Hill has definitely been an awesome investment for L&M, likewise it has been a tremendous fit for Josh.

I also understand the price/budget thing, heck if someone offered me big bucks to make a move my loyalty might be affected.

That seems like a very direct statement about loyalty, whether it is directed at Josh or a previous L&M rider.

Uh is it Chad Reed? He talked a bit of smack after he left for Zuk and then was struggling to land a gig by summers end-
JW381
1/28/2010 4:57pm
P wrote:

P
I'm kinda from around the area, and I have no idea what you're talking about. Would you like to fill us in?
1/28/2010 11:25pm
Phlewy is the wack job here. Josh is a top notch kid and has a great relationship with his family. Hell, his grandpa is at every race and on the floor for every podium. He didnt F anyone.

I have never once heard anyone say anything but kind words about Josh and his family. If anyone needs to get F'd its you Phlewy. Your the kook in here. Please go back to your hole and hide and dont come back.

As for Josh, it he continues to do what he needs to do he will have plenty of options come Vegas SX. The most important thing is to stay focused on the task ahead. With nearly every ride available out there next year besides RD's ride, then the sky's the limit. You just have to get there first.
JB 19
1/29/2010 1:07am
Im sure someone at Honda is drooling over Hill. I don't know that it would be the best place for him either though. Guys like Short who have a robot type personaltiy seem to do better at Honda. Josh Hill sure is fun to watch ride a dirt bike no matter what color he is on.
Faceaz
1/29/2010 5:53am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:26pm
I hope not, can you say Millsaps 2.0.

My read on him is, he doesn't do well with external pressure. He's doing good now & he's self motivated, add a high pressure team (which Honda is known for) & the kid will just break down. The people who succeed @ Honda, are the ones who are so self motivated & determined, that they almost have blinders to the teams intensity. Stanton, RC, Bailey, Omara come to mind.

Guys that lack the intensity or need a little direction, even if they're super talented - don't succeed or don't last there. Shiek, Bayle, Milsaps, Tadesco, Hill??
jeffro503
1/29/2010 9:58am
P wrote:

P
Jesus Christ....you are one mis-informed piece of shit! Honestly , if i was GuyB , i'd click your account , and ban your IP from ever posting here again you fucking Douche' bag! To come on here and spout a bunch of lies like that........You should get your fucking ass beat , ya fuggin' white trash dumb fuck!
jeffro503
1/29/2010 10:03am
P wrote:

P
Hey Phlewy.......Since you "think" you know so much about Josh.....do you even live around here? Wondering how you think you know so much by living some where that's not even close to here? Especially since there are tons of dudes on here that know Josh or his dad personally. Please tell me you live in the NW , as i'd like to meet up with and listen to what you may want to say. Hope to hear from you puss!
1/29/2010 10:07am
Ooo, name-calling.. i love it..

But then "Puss" actually means "Kiss" in Swedish... was that what you were going for?
HaHa!
jndmx
1/29/2010 11:15am
Cook441 wrote:
jndmx wrote:
Totally agree. Hill has definitely been an awesome investment for L&M, likewise it has been a tremendous fit for Josh. I also understand the price/budget thing...
Totally agree.

Cook441 wrote:
Uh is it Chad Reed? He talked a bit of smack after he left for Zuk and then was struggling to land a gig by summers...
Uh is it Chad Reed? He talked a bit of smack after he left for Zuk and then was struggling to land a gig by summers end-
We still don't know.

Although in all fairness Larr....err "looped" is probably busy getting the team ready for San Fran.

Guess we will have to wait for the next press release.

Post a reply to: Josh Hill next year............

The Latest