Josh Hansen vs. Racer X?

Grendel
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:21pm
I came across THIS in Matthes's mailbag yesterday and didn't see any threads mentioning the story (Unless they've disappeared).

Here's the Hansen Twitter response they are referring to:

"As a athlete as well as a person, I'm not just some punk as that interview made me seem especially all the hard work that I've done to get away from that image....so bummed that people would really let that come out.... Talk about having a super bummed day Sad ..

Thx everyone pretty embarrassing to my family as well as myself.... These magazine people think it's rad to put stuff like that but it sucks.
"

What I don't understand is,after reading the article what exactly is 100 so offended by? Nothing in in the interview is out of the ordinary where it concerns him and I don't see how terrible it is beyond some potty words.

This is the now somewhat infamous article if you missed it: http://www.racerxonline.com/article/5-minutes-with-josh-hansen102910.as…

|
KAWboy14
11/4/2010 3:38pm
Grendel wrote:
I came across [url=http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/you-asked-i-answered]THIS[/url] in Matthes's mailbag yesterday and didn't see any threads mentioning the story (Unless they've disappeared). Here's the Hansen Twitter response they are...
I came across THIS in Matthes's mailbag yesterday and didn't see any threads mentioning the story (Unless they've disappeared).

"As a athlete as well as a person, I'm not just some punk as that interview made me seem especially all the hard work that I've done to get away from that image....so bummed that people would really let that come out.... Talk about having a super bummed day Sad ..

Thx everyone pretty embarrassing to my family as well as myself.... These magazine people think it's rad to put stuff like that but it sucks.
"

What I don't understand is,after reading the article what exactly is 100 so offended by? Nothing in in the interview is out of the ordinary where it concerns him and I don't see how terrible it is beyond some potty words.

This is the now somewhat infamous article if you missed it: http://www.racerxonline.com/article/5-minutes-with-josh-hansen102910.as…

i thought his haircut and tattoos was offending his family?
Grendel
11/4/2010 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2010 4:12pm
You'd think having a Twitter battle with your ex-girlfriend would be perceived as a more classless move.

Either or, I guarantee in the phone conversation Matthes mentions, Hansen used twice as much filthy language as he did in the interview.
Billy Jack
11/4/2010 4:19pm
Grendel wrote:
I came across [url=http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/you-asked-i-answered]THIS[/url] in Matthes's mailbag yesterday and didn't see any threads mentioning the story (Unless they've disappeared). Here's the Hansen Twitter response they are...

"

Grendel the shit stirrer. So gay...

The Shop

Grendel
11/4/2010 4:28pm
Billy Jack wrote:
He posted it on Twitter so it would get the recognition and I just indulged the lad.

I see you still haven't risen above the gay jokes and tantrums as to be expected.
Sonny
11/4/2010 4:29pm
I actually like the kid now that I know that he cares what his parents think of his conduct.
Billy Jack
11/4/2010 4:31pm
Billy Jack wrote:
Grendel wrote:
He posted it on Twitter so it would get the recognition and I just indulged the lad. I see you still haven't risen above the gay...
He posted it on Twitter so it would get the recognition and I just indulged the lad.

I see you still haven't risen above the gay jokes and tantrums as to be expected.
You stirred shit and you know it, Grendel.
Grendel
11/4/2010 4:33pm
Sonny wrote:
I actually like the kid now that I know that he cares what his parents think of his conduct.
It's also not a cavalcade of excuses, either. He's actually giving it his all.
Grendel
11/4/2010 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2010 4:35pm
Billy Jack wrote:
You stirred shit and you know it, Grendel.
I actually had missed the topic posted above and just caught the Matthes question mentioning him yelling at Coombs.

Think whatever you'd like, Billy Jack.
Conkey
11/4/2010 4:35pm
I'd like to give it all to his sister.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
11/4/2010 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2010 4:41pm
" What I don't understand is,after reading the article what exactly is 100 so offended by? Nothing in in the interview is out of the ordinary where it concerns him and I don't see how terrible it is beyond some potty words. "

My best guess would be...

Perhaps what he said at the end of the interview was not only tongue & cheek ,but just maybe he was horse-assing/goofing around with Eric and didn't think that part would be printed...?

I think some people/fans reaction may have set him off to post what he posted on twitter.

Hansen is a good dude and I had no problem with what he said in the interview when I read it. Sounded to me like he was just sorta playing around,joking,knowing that Mitch would get word.
Grendel
11/4/2010 4:42pm
FastEddy wrote:
" What I don't understand is,after reading the article what exactly is 100 so offended by? Nothing in in the interview is out of the ordinary...
" What I don't understand is,after reading the article what exactly is 100 so offended by? Nothing in in the interview is out of the ordinary where it concerns him and I don't see how terrible it is beyond some potty words. "

My best guess would be...

Perhaps what he said at the end of the interview was not only tongue & cheek ,but just maybe he was horse-assing/goofing around with Eric and didn't think that part would be printed...?

I think some people/fans reaction may have set him off to post what he posted on twitter.

Hansen is a good dude and I had no problem with what he said in the interview when I read it. Sounded to me like he was just sorta playing around,joking,knowing that Mitch would get word.
Was the interview edited since it was initially posted online? I only read it yesterday.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
11/4/2010 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2010 4:48pm
Grendel wrote:
Was the interview edited since it was initially posted online? I only read it yesterday.
No , it has not been edited from when it was originally posted.

The part about Mitch should just stay home or come down and get loose,is obviously
what got some people bent out of shape. LOL Smile
Sully
11/4/2010 4:52pm
Sounds like he wants to be thought of as some kind of victim (Look what those assholes at RacerX wrote about me! Can you believe it?). Unless EJ made up the quotes (which is highly doubtful), Hanson actually said the shit that made him sound like a punk.
KAWboy14
11/4/2010 5:03pm
Sonny wrote:
if he cared about them he would pay for a haircut!
Sonny
11/4/2010 5:56pm
Sonny wrote:
KAWboy14 wrote:
Apples and Oranges.
Showing that you were brought up to be respectful is one thing, and having a hairstyle unlike what your dad would have is something different.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
11/4/2010 8:40pm
Grendel wrote:
Close enough. [img]http://kentuckyhomebulldogs.com/images/Josh_Hansen_Turbo.jpg[/img] [img]http://trueslant.com/michelecatalano/files/2010/04/David-Cassidy.jpg[/img]
Close enough.

You should have printed that out on some nice picture paper,then put it in a nice little frame ,then gift wrapped it and sent it to Matthes for Christmas. Wink
Grendel
11/4/2010 9:06pm
I assume he's paper-training one of his dogs?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
11/4/2010 9:36pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2010 10:47pm
Unless the talent says "off the record" when talking to a journalist, it is all fair game. Hanny has been around the block more than once, he knew what he was doing.
Hanaa80
11/5/2010 1:47am
Calling out Eric Johnson on Twitter doesn't seem like the wisest move. He's the Monster PR - guy, isn't he?
Grendel
11/5/2010 6:32am
Sounds like from the phone call mentioned that he skipped over Johnson and gave someone else the brunt of it.
11/5/2010 6:49am
Grendel wrote:
Sounds like from the phone call mentioned that he skipped over Johnson and gave someone else the brunt of it.
Hansen hates Matthes.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
11/5/2010 7:20am
I started that other thread because I thought the interview was disrespectful and embarrassing. Hansen's fanboys jumped all over it claiming it was just Hansen being Hansen and he's just living the good life. Turns out, Hanny agreed with me Smile

I could do without all the public drama, but I think the fact he felt compelled to do damage control shows a maturity he previously lacked. Let's hope so, because a mature Hanny could be a force on the track.
Grendel
11/5/2010 8:09am
GrapeApe wrote:
I started that other thread because I thought the interview was disrespectful and embarrassing. Hansen's fanboys jumped all over it claiming it was just Hansen being...
I started that other thread because I thought the interview was disrespectful and embarrassing. Hansen's fanboys jumped all over it claiming it was just Hansen being Hansen and he's just living the good life. Turns out, Hanny agreed with me Smile

I could do without all the public drama, but I think the fact he felt compelled to do damage control shows a maturity he previously lacked. Let's hope so, because a mature Hanny could be a force on the track.
I agree somewhat (Though I take no issue with anything he said in the interview), but this more sounds like he initially had no problem with what was said then someone, be it family or sponsor, gave him an earful and then he decided to pass the blame.

Which are similar to the origins of his weak grudge with Matthes.
Mini Elsinore
11/5/2010 3:09pm
Sonny wrote:
KAWboy14 wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Apples and Oranges. Showing that you were brought up to be respectful is one thing, and having a hairstyle unlike what your dad would have is...
Apples and Oranges.
Showing that you were brought up to be respectful is one thing, and having a hairstyle unlike what your dad would have is something different.
Always cracks me up when someone draws conclusions premised upon such bullshit criteria as hair length (I trust Kawboy commented in jest). Rocking the "length" hasn't hurt Richard Branson in successfully gathering----oh, a little over a Billion Dollars ($1,000,000,000.00) in personal net worth. I'm sure Branson's parents are disappointed.
tcarbo
11/5/2010 4:06pm
Grendel wrote:
I agree somewhat (Though I take no issue with anything he said in the interview), but this more sounds like he initially had no problem with...
I agree somewhat (Though I take no issue with anything he said in the interview), but this more sounds like he initially had no problem with what was said then someone, be it family or sponsor, gave him an earful and then he decided to pass the blame.

Which are similar to the origins of his weak grudge with Matthes.
So complaints from family or sponsor is the reason racerx edited the original piece?
If the interview was legit why would racerx change it?
Grendel
11/5/2010 9:17pm
They didn't edit anything, I only asked because someone mentioned it in the other thread.

Post a reply to: Josh Hansen vs. Racer X?

The Latest